Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (94342 Views)

Buhari Asked Me To Visit Oil Producing States- Osinbajo / Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / List Of Oil Producing States In Nigeria And NDDC Facts You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 12:41am On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeGD:

So get some facts to prove us wrong. Don't start making baseless claims.
Someone already did. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/omoigui-at-80-i-made-them-pay-for-claiming-i-removed-oil-wells-from-ondo-to-bendel/

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by IlekeGD: 12:43am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

Someone already did. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/omoigui-at-80-i-made-them-pay-for-claiming-i-removed-oil-wells-from-ondo-to-bendel/

is this the only source? sure there should be more from someone [like you] making claims. sad

2 Likes

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by scholes0(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

They rightly claim Yoruba because there are no external forces at play, trying to give them a distinct identity.

Eze Ogba, Ogbuehi Francis Ellah and his supporters in Ogba Maintained that Ogba is a branch of the Igbo ethnic group, but the breakaway groups were financed and encouraged to grow by the FG, they frustrated Francis Ellah throughout his stay on the throne, and immediately replaced him with an Igbophobic New Eze, who changed his throne to Oba from Eze.

'These same Ogbas??
[img]http://3.bp..com/-VCqnpdctm4A/UpOlatIhpbI/AAAAAAACPx8/2xQMBNqIqtk/s400/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pg55b66UQQA/UpOlbWzcq6I/AAAAAAACPyE/MZwhlVtEddY/s400/7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-sTENtKJ8zPo/UpNRKFGKRVI/AAAAAAACPqM/ibv1J7EYBEk/s1600/8.jpeg[/img]

These people reek of Edo to me.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 12:53am On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeGD:

is this the only source? sure there should be more from someone [like you] making claims. sad

It's not like it matters if I provide more source.

The point I was making stands with or without a source.

If Ilaje was Igbo speaking, and Yorubas were Igbos, the FG would have established Ilaje as a distinct minority group and added her to Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 12:56am On Nov 04, 2015
double post
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 12:57am On Nov 04, 2015
scholes0:

'These same Ogbas??
[img]http://3.bp..com/-VCqnpdctm4A/UpOlatIhpbI/AAAAAAACPx8/2xQMBNqIqtk/s400/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pg55b66UQQA/UpOlbWzcq6I/AAAAAAACPyE/MZwhlVtEddY/s400/7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-sTENtKJ8zPo/UpNRKFGKRVI/AAAAAAACPqM/ibv1J7EYBEk/s1600/8.jpeg[/img]

These people reek of Edo to me.

Just as Arochukwu reeks of Efik and Nsukka reeks of Igala.

Igbo is a diverse group.

But the fundamentals remain the same.

http://www.usafricaonline.com/fjellah2005.html

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by phazotron(m): 12:58am On Nov 04, 2015
ilekeh u bad gaan oo. see as u finish starch and grass consumers association for hia! ibo don enter one chance for ya hand ooo. in fact, triple gbosa for u.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by scholes0(m): 1:01am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

Igbo is a diverse group.

I don tire for una, pazienza.
Where do you draw the line between Igbo and Igboid language speaking groups?

3 Likes

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 1:11am On Nov 04, 2015
scholes0:

I don tire for una, pazienza.
Where do you draw the line between Igbo and Igboid language soeaking groups?

Nothing like Igboid.
The Igboid language is divided into two. Igbo language and Ekpeye language.

Both Igbo and Ekpeye are the Igboid languages.
The rest Fall under Igbo, while Ekpeye has no sub classification, it stands alone and has cognation score of 76.34% when compared to Onicha Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by scholes0(m): 1:39am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

Nothing like Igboid.
The Igboid language is divided into two. Igbo language and Ekpeye language.

Both Igbo and Ekpeye are the Igboid languages.
The rest Fall under Igbo, while Ekpeye has no sub classification, it stands alone and has cognation score of 76.34% when compared to Onicha Igbo.

Well , there is an Igbo proper within the Igbo group of Igboid languages. And then the others like Ikwerre , Ogba, and Ndoki.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 1:51am On Nov 04, 2015
scholes0:

Well , there is an Igbo proper within the Igbo group of Igboid languages. And then the others like Ikwerre , Ogba, and Ndoki.

No, there isn't. All those were the result of the federal government policy post civil war.

Even at that, Ndoki has refused to join the Igboid club, not because she doesn't want to, but because, the major part of Ndokiland is not oil producing, and was left in Abia state( Ukwa East) while the oil producing parts ended up in Rivers state.

Since those Ndokis in Abia are Igbos and remain Igbos, those in Rivers state could not float a distinct Ndoki ethnic nationality. So they still identify as just Igbo in Rivers state, and not Igboid.

If all parts of Ndoki were oil producing and were subsequently carved into Rivers state like other Igbo speaking communities that all ended up in Rivers, egg Etche, Ogba,Ndoni, Ikwerre, Ndoki would have become a distinct ethnic group by now.

Asa and Egbema are in the same condition too. were balkanized between SE and Rivers state due to oil politics, If all their lands were put in Rivers state and none was left in the SE, they would have all become Igboids and Independent ethnic groups in Rivers state by now.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by scholes0(m): 1:58am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

I meant to say Ndokwa.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 2:04am On Nov 04, 2015
scholes0:

I meant to say Ndokwa.

Ndokwa/ Ukwuani has a cognation score of 91.9% with Onicha Igbo.
And the region had be recognised as an Igbo speaking region right from the days of Aboh kingdom.
How exactly can it be said to be Igboid, if not the FG sponsored post war politics.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by seunmsg(m): 2:59am On Nov 04, 2015
adconline:

Read that offshore boundary overed 200 nautical miles pre and post independence?

Could this argument be applied to fishing trawlers operating 100-200 nautical miles? Do they obtain permit from state or FG?
Does Naija constitution recognize state's right to protect its territorial water?
Can rights to territorial waters be concurrent?

Sincerely, I really don't know what was obtainable pre and post independence. But it is very possible because in those days, regions were very powerful and they had more controls over natural resources unlike states of today.

Fishing trawlers operating in 100-200 nautical miles are licenced by the federal government and not the states. Federal police and Navy are responsible for protecting Nigeria's territorial waters. States doesn't even have any form of security apparatus so, they don't have the means.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by dned: 5:25am On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeHD:

Noisemaking. Did they also curve out Lagos state from Rivers?
Looking at the map, I can now understand why Ibos want the forced SS/SE relationship and their renewed claim on Ijawlands.

And what is south east and south south?

Its political (not even in the constitution)...they are eastern Nigeria. I'm can tell you that an average person in the south west refers to se/ss as 'omo ibo'.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by martha89: 5:42am On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=scholes0 post=39659053]

'These same Ogbas??

L

These people reek of Edo to me.[/ quote]. You are right, they are always in denial about everything and nobody is dragging anything with them.

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2015
Thick crust Female floral sneakers. Size:37. Free delivery in Lagos

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by stinggy(m): 7:07am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:
My argument was never if Ilaje is Yoruba. Any blind man just by looking at Ilajes and their names, will know that they are just Yorubas with riverine culture.

From your first post I quoted, you claimed Ilajes are Igbos.

Thereafter you changed to an 'external force' being exerted on Ilajes and making them all and a even respected king like Olugbo falsely claim they are Yorubas.

IlekeGD gave you more links of Ilajes claiming Yoruba. Now, you say they are 'just Yorubas with riverine culture'.

Where do you stand on? Where should we start argument from?
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 7:30am On Nov 04, 2015
dned:

And what is south east and south south?

Its political (not even in the constitution)...they are eastern Nigeria. I'm can tell you that an average person in the south west refers to se/ss as 'omo ibo'.

the same way the average Malay sees every Nigerian as an Igbo fraudster
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

Igbo is a diverse group.
how can arochukwu reek of efik? oga una dun start again ooo
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2015
rexbuton:

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2015
rexbuton:

Arochukwu.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by GeoOla25(m): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2015
I am always Glad when I get such update like this..thumps up OP.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2015
pazienza:

Arochukwu.
just wait.. when I clear my table I'll give u small gist
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by laudate: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeGD:

Ileke, if you read the article to the end, you would actually see that the boundaries between old Bendel state and Ondo State were re-drawn and Ondo lost some oil wells to old Bendel state. Mr. Omoigui was one of the Surveyors/cartographers at the Federal Ministry of Lands & Survey that did the charting, but he was accused of bias because he was a Bini man. The issue was reported at the highest levels, with a suggestion being made that since the oil wells were located near the boundary, Ondo and old Bendel State should share the royalties 50-50. This was declined.

At the end of the day, Omoigui's boss had to re-chart the entire area and the oil wells still remained ceded to old Bendel. So Ondo State actually lost those 5 wells to old Bendel State!! And it has remained so till date.

Moreover, because parts of Bendel had gone to Ondo, there were five oil wells very close to the boundary. Initially, the Ondo people wanted the royalty to be shared 50-50 because they were very close to the boundary between both states.

In 1981, a Yoruba man, who was Director of Survey, wrote to the Ministry of Finance on the issue and, after charting, it was found that the oil wells were in Bendel State. He wrote to the Ministry of Finance that the Yoruba would not take this.

He went to Lagos, met with the Director of Survey and reported that a Bini man was behind the charting. Then my Director said no, he charted it. In 1984, Bamidele Otiko became the military governor of Ondo State and came to Lagos to meet my Director. At the meeting, my Director told Otiko he was responsible for the charting.

When Chief Olu – Falae became the Secretary to the Federal Government, he directed me to write a letter that pending the resolution of the Ondo – Bendel boundary adjustment issue, they should be sharing the royalty 50 – 50. I declined to write the letter.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/omoigui-at-80-i-made-them-pay-for-claiming-i-removed-oil-wells-from-ondo-to-bendel/

2 Likes

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Phame: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2015
stanech:

sorry to dissapoint you brother the oil is in anambra as of now theres no oil in kogi state
you are joking right? I guess ibaji is part of anambara too.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2015
Ritchiee:
Cann.Chuna1985,why don't you give us a better map.I HATE CANNIBALS!
I SPIT INTO YOUR CANNIBAL LEFT EYE...

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 04, 2015
scholes0:

lol
Where is the access point? undecided

Abia state has a direct contact to d Atlantic ocean. U n ur lots can keep creating falsehood for as long as u desire.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by wacoj(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2015
Can someone please tell me why Cross Rivers State is not on the list?
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Ritchiee: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Abia state has a direct contact to d Atlantic ocean. U n ur lots can keep creating falsehood for as long as u desire.
Cann.Chuna1985,I HATE CANNIBALS!
I SPIT INTO YOUR CANNIBAL LEFT NOSTRIL...
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2015
Ritchiee:

Cann.Chuna1985,I HATE CANNIBALS!
I SPIT INTO YOUR CANNIBAL LEFT NOSTRIL...

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2015
wacoj:
Can someone please tell me why Cross Rivers State is not on the list?

Technically, They are no longer oil producing states.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. / "Lagos Is For Peter Obi" Banner Removed - Photos / Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.