Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (94344 Views)

Buhari Asked Me To Visit Oil Producing States- Osinbajo / Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / List Of Oil Producing States In Nigeria And NDDC Facts You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Ritchiee: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

This 21 year-old Nigerian invented a groundbreaking mobile medical UPS

Recently, 21 year-old Nigerian Jaiyeola Oduyoye, a graduate of Product Design Engineering from the University of Derby in the United Kingdom created a ground breaking invention in anticipation of her graduation from the University of Derby in June 2016.

To enhance surgical procedures in hospitals which often suffer from poor electricity, Oduyoye invented a mobile medical battery that provides temporary backup electricity to surgical theaters in developing countries. The invention was “developed for countries that have difficulty accessing uninterrupted power supplies so they are able to perform these surgeries in-country, rather than fly people out”, she said to This Day.

In 2013, Dr. Geoffrey, a Tanzanian surgeon was in the middle of a critical procedure on a child in the country, when power cut. Surgeons such as Geoffrey, throughout Africa often use torches in hospitals due to inconsistent power. As such, this new invention will be serving medical communities across developing countries with much needed support.

“Neva”- the name given to the mobile medical backup, is closely related to an industrial UPS (uninterruptible power supply). It has smooth flat surfaces so it’s easy to be cleaned and unlikely to trap dirt. It contains lithium ion battery packs that have 60 charge cycles and produces a power output enough to provide power for critical machines during surgeries. The battery packs are available for switch and replace. The product however, is completely adaptable to many situations.

It is worthy of note that the battery system of the mobile medical backup enables uninterrupted workflow by eliminating the time intensive and onerous tasks previously associated with battery management, ensuring that nurses and other healthcare professionals can now dedicate additional focus to patient care.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Ritchiee: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Recently, 21 year-old Nigerian Jaiyeola Oduyoye, a graduate of Product Design Engineering from the University of Derby in the United Kingdom created a ground breaking invention in anticipation of her graduation from the University of Derby in June 2016.

To enhance surgical procedures in hospitals which often suffer from poor electricity, Oduyoye invented a mobile medical battery that provides temporary backup electricity to surgical theaters in developing countries. The invention was “developed for countries that have difficulty accessing uninterrupted power supplies so they are able to perform these surgeries in-country, rather than fly people out”, she said to This Day.

In 2013, Dr. Geoffrey, a Tanzanian surgeon was in the middle of a critical procedure on a child in the country, when power cut. Surgeons such as Geoffrey, throughout Africa often use torches in hospitals due to inconsistent power. As such, this new invention will be serving medical communities across developing countries with much needed support.

“Neva”- the name given to the mobile medical backup, is closely related to an industrial UPS (uninterruptible power supply). It has smooth flat surfaces so it’s easy to be cleaned and unlikely to trap dirt. It contains lithium ion battery packs that have 60 charge cycles and produces a power output enough to provide power for critical machines during surgeries. The battery packs are available for switch and replace. The product however, is completely adaptable to many situations.

It is worthy of note that the battery system of the mobile medical backup enables uninterrupted workflow by eliminating the time intensive and onerous tasks previously associated with battery management, ensuring that nurses and other healthcare professionals can now dedicate additional focus to patient care.

Cann.Chuna1985,I HATE CANNIBALS!
I SPIT INTO YOUR CANNIBAL RIGHT NOSTRIL...
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ritchiee:

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Ritchiee: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ritchiee:

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Abia state has a direct contact to d Atlantic ocean. U n ur lots can keep creating falsehood for as long as u desire.
Son, get yourself a map

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
rexbuton:

Son, get yourself a map

U need to start coming out of south west so that u can know more about nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

U need to start coming out of south west so that u can know more about nigeria.
im from SS.. I'VE BEEN TO EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA and every major town in SS
where is the access to the atlantic?

3 Likes

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
rexbuton:

im from SS.. I'VE BEEN TO EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA and every major town in SS
where is the access to the atlantic?

Like i told one of ur brothers. YORUBA man can only visit 6 states in his life... grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
xtrorse:

patrick89:
I have said it before and I will say it again, yorubas are the worst human on earth ... They have this inherent fetishism in them.. they still belong to 19th century, even as a christian and at worst muslim, especially Alfa and Cele peeps..
Their juju movies are the most pirated movie in the country, yet they will carry placards.. if you are anywhere in slum be it ibadan, Iyana ipaja makoko, sango, ibadan, abeokuta, snap their movie and upload it... and snap nollywood movie and upload it too.. you will understand! why I said.. yorubas pull themselves down! they don't helps their people! these people are very wicked! they hate themselves so much! they abuse themselves, course their children to no end..
Tell me one good thing that has ever come out from yoruba.. All they do is lips service, like what they are doing to kunle afolayan, watch how they will betray that bastard orobo tribalist! scumbag! . bunch of lazy fools.. they will employ their brother, and at the same time use him as slaves, if you're a woman they will be sleeping with you, even though you have married..

They curse you and remind you that you were nobody before they brought you to lagos.. they are also snitches, they can never respect you if you're not from their tribe. Most of their graduates working on Coat With tie on, receive as low as 5000 a month in so called lagos, but in awka ordinary security jobs is at least 30k, hotel at least 15k, all the noise about companies are all useless! all these companies pay as low as 7k! per month. if you doubt me I will publish the names and location... I pity your generation. we used to give them fifty naira any day they block the road of our street and start their owoda campaign.

Could you believe one useless igboman wanted to grade our road, since 2011 they refused him, because they claimed that government will do it, up till now nothing has been done.. it was actually because, the igbo man told them contribute money to assist him.. , they all ran away, the same thing happened on transformer... awon oloshi oloriburuku Omo ita, Omo ale oponu! useless peeps hanging inside over worn traditional attires used in previous owambe ceremony.... if you follow your yoruba friends to their house and room, you will never collect anything from them again..

They come online to berate igbos, yet their people feel happy if you mistakenly call them igbo,, or Omo jo yiibo... rubbish I know yoruba like my palms, I don't like writing about them, but they always give me reason to do so..

let me also tell you vultures, that an average igbo man only get to know yoruba as their opposition later in life, because we used to know that north /Hausas are our opposition and yoruba neutral, but their intrusion into hausafulani -igbo fiasco make igbos to see them as who they are.. we do not care about you!!! An average igbo man in igboland doesn't know yoruba! they only know hausa and islam! !! stop forcing your picture into our case there has never been igbo vs yoruba! we never had we will not have, but if you continue we will abandon hausafulani and face you vultures squarely, and I tell you, hausafulani can never come to your rescue!! stay on your lane!! leave igbo alone......

Cry me a river & have a seat u ASSWIPE!

Its now u know yorubas were always neutral. You didnt know dt when u opened threadsfor years dissing yorubas, talking disparagingly on ur biafra sites. DID U EVER SEE ANY YORUBA WEBSITE DOING THAT TO OTHER TRIBES You disrespect pples culture & their institutions because half f them decided to vote a fulani man. When u & urs were rainng insults on d "neutral pple", u expect them to open teeth wt u. Ur cup don full. This is d future u hve sown: HATRED. Gladly recieve it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
janellemonae:

Cry me a river & have a seat u ASSWIPE!

Its now u know yorubas were always neutral. You didnt know dt when u opened threadsfor years dissing yorubas, talking disparagingly on ur biafra sites. DID U EVER SEE ANY YORUBA WEBSITE DOING THAT TO OTHER TRIBES You disrespect pples culture & their institutions because half f them decided to vote a fulani man. When u & urs were rainng insults on d "neutral pple", u expect them to open teeth wt u. Ur cup don full. This is d future u hve sown: HATRED. Gladly recieve it.

Frustrated Neanderthal savage from a juju-infested enclave, this is for you:
xtrorse:

If the mouth can be used as AK-47 guns, Yorubas would have been a world-power by now. 

Has Yoruba fought any modern warfare? The war Yorubas fought was with matchete and spears...and you call that war!

Can you even stand the sound of shelling? Did your fathers ever heard the sound of bombardment or shelling?

Only Ikeja bomb blast of 2001 you lily-livered creatures ran and perished in the canal in your multitude.

Yoruba's contribution in the civil war was as limited as nothing. The foot soldiers were predominately from the Middle-belt and the North. Yoruba's contribution was basically in loud noise-making!

Did you hear a hint from IBB about your cowardly tribe, that if he's woken up from sleep and informed that there's a coup led by Yorubas, he'll simply go back to sleep?

A moment you bigots stutter, "Igbos Must Leave Lagos" when you're high with sniffing excess of your farts. The next moment after relentless ass-licking your slave masters you shout "One Nigeria"

Why do Yorubas stand for nothing?

The cowardice exhibited by Oladipo Diya and Abdulkarim Adisa is legendary. Kudirat Abiola, 5th wife to MKO Abiola was gunned down by Al-mustapha in broad daylight. Bola Ige's life was snuffed out by "unknown" persons. Diya is now a shadow of his former self after being g*ng b*nged in prison and made to kneel down and cry like a baby.
Your masters poisoned Abiola in prison after being locked up for years.

Ernest Shenokan was humiliated out of office like a street tout after just 80 days in office.

Oladipo Diya, Adisa, Olanrewaju were humiliated and thrown out of office like a bloody civilians.

What did Yorubas do?

Hausa-Fulanis have given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them as slaves to prosecute the 1967-70 civil war. But Yorubas have only but maintained a deafening silence.

Did Awo, who ended up in a miserable way by suicide, die as a fulfilled man?
Did Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the Black Scorpion who ate his own excrement die fulfilled?
Was MKO Abiola who was slaughtered like salah ram die fulfilled?
Did the slaughtered Kudirat Abiola die fulfilled?

Ojukwu lived fighting for the liberation his people unlike Awolowo who opted to become "boy-boy" to Gowon who was young enough to be his son, and in the process, sold the Yoruba nation to the Northern oligarch. And your god Awolowo could only but end his life in a most miserable way - suicide just like in the similitude of rat poisoning! 

Ojukwu remains a hero today for standing up for his people! That cannot be said about even about the Yoruba General Oladipo Diya who wept like a kid before a junior officer because he was afraid of his life....after wilfully and knowingly plotting a coup.
And after 45 years of the Biafran war, your entire Yoruba tribe that is filled with loud-mouthed, 'suffercated' and diabolic cowards dare not think of it, not to mention trying what a 30 year old Ojukwu did.

Tell your Yoruba bigots to grow some balls and stop ass-licking your Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri slave masters and using some other regions to shield your cowardly mien. It's pathetic!

I really empathise with you that the Yoruba braggart, Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the Black Scorpion ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014.

I understand your pitiable condition that ever since your Field Marshal, MKO Abiola, was slaughtered like a salah ram your Yoruba tribe is still been hunted for sports by your Fulani masters.

Do accept my condolences that the Yoruba god, Awolowo, died in a most miserable way after he was used and dumped by his Northern masters.

No group is more united in Nigeria than Igbos. No group in Nigeria has witnessed first-hand modern military warfare like Ndiigbo and survived. No region has better MDGs attainment than Igbos. The 2015 general elections, the voting pattern of Igbos clearly showed a united people with a purpose, no other place in the country was the voting pattern so one sided. The Igbos are simply more developed as a people than any other Nigerian group.

https://www.nairaland.com/2651769/yoruba-may-pull-out-nigerian

https://www.nairaland.com/2658435/yoruba-leaders-threat-against-fulani

https://www.nairaland.com/792619/thief-obasanjo-he-wrecked-nigeria#9448521
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by totit: 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeGD:
[size=14pt]Two Igbos Executed for Drug Trafficking in Indonesia
[/size]

A Nigerian, Daniel Enemuo, and four foreign nationals were on Sunday executed by Indonesian authorities for drug trafficking-related offences.

Another Nigerian, Mr. Solomon Chibuike Okafor, was also executed. He was however being classified as a citizen of Malawi because he was arrested using a Malawian passport bearing Namaona Denis.

An Indonesian national was also executed for the same offence after they had all been convicted between 2000 and 2011.

Twelve other Nigerians remain on death row in the Asian country which resumed executions in 2013 after an unofficial moratorium from 2008.

It however did not carry out any execution in 2014.

Amnesty International and other organisations had pleaded for clemency for the condemned prisoners: Mr. Namaona Denis (Nigeria/Malawi), Ms. Rani Andriani (Indonesia), Mr. Daniel Enemuo (Nigeria), Ms. Tran Thi Bich Hanh (Vietnam), Mr. Marco Archer Cardoso Moreira(Brazil) and Mr. Ang Liem Soei (Netherlands).

Five of them, including Enemuo were executed at the high security prison on the Nusakambangan Island, off the main island of Java while the Vietnamese woman was executed in Boyolali district in Central Java. Five, asides the Dutchman, were convicted for attempting to smuggle hard drugs into Indonesia while he was convicted for operating a factory producing ecstasy. All had lost their appeals in December and were executed by firing squad early yesterday morning.

Indonesia’s Attorney General, Mr. H.M Prasetyo, insisted the executions were carried out in accordance with the law and were “not something pleasing or fun.
Indonesia must be saved from narcotics…this is a crime against humanity that damages the morals of the younger generation,” he said after the executions which have now caused a diplomatic row between Indonesia and Brazil and Netherlands as both nations have recalled their ambassadors in protest.”

Nigeria itself was at loggerheads with the international community following the execution of two condemned prisoners by the Edo State Government in 2013.
Resuming the executions has again highlighted the fate of at least 12 other Nigerians who remain on death row in Indonesia with about 100 serving various jail terms.

Most Asian countries apply the death sentence for drug trafficking offence.
A Nigerian diplomat who spoke off record, lamented that despite all the campaign against drug trafficking, some Nigerians choose to attempt to traffic drugs outside the country.

“What can we do for them aside pleading for leniency? When you know that the penalty for trafficking drugs to these nations is death, and you go ahead anyway, it is like signing your own death warrant,” the diplomat said.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in its reaction, said it received the news of the execution with sadness despite pleas for clemency.

It also clarified that Namaona Denis was a Nigerian but was arrested with a Malawian passport.

“And these, in spite of the very cordial relations that exist between the two countries, spanning the South-South Cooperation, the D-8, among others,” the ministry said in a statement.

It added that the federal government would continue to engage the Indonesian government with the aim of concluding a Prisoner Transfer Agreement (PTA) that could enable other Nigerian prisoners in Indonesian jails to return home to complete their jail terms.

“The federal government wishes to use this opportunity to appeal to Nigerians to restrain themselves from criminal activities, especially drug trafficking, which attracts the capital punishment not only in Indonesia but in many other countries.”

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
totit:

xtrorse:

Yoruba - The Father of Crimes in Nigeria

http://thenigeriangazette.com/history-of-armed-robbers-company-liquidators-rapists-and-notoriours-official-criminals-in-nigeria-by-shama-maliga/

Following the slogan that a suspect is NOT guilty until found guilty by a competent court of law, hence, this is the authentic list of Nigerian TOP TEN ARMED ROBBERS AND TOP TEN CRIMINALS IN HISTORY, according to their ranks and origin in the history file of Nigeria. Many of you might be kids when some of these thieves invaded Nigeria. So before you argue blindly or baselessly, ask your parents or uncles first about them and how they brought Armed Robbery and Criminals in Nigeria, then you can come back with your comments or opinion. The lists are based on FACTS!

NIGERIA TOP TEN ARMED ROBBERS

1. DR. OYENUSI- The greatest Nigerian armed robber in history and number One Nigeria Armed Robber. Oyenusi is a Yoruba man from Osun State.

2. BABATUNDE – another notorious armed robber from Yoruba who bastardized white lace in his days with his gang. He operated with his gang almost the same time with Dr. Oyenusi- (the greatest Nigerian Armed robber in history).

3. FOLORUNSO – another powerful known armed robber of Yoruba origin who stole with blood in his hands. He was Babatunde’s best friend and they rob most times as a gang. He was said to have impregnated one of Babatunde’s wives before he was killed.

4. SHINA RAMBO: A no nonsense Armed Robber. Nobody knows whether he is for real or a myth. He is also proudly Yoruba.

5. LAWRENCE NOMAYAGBON ANINI- A celebrity Armed Robber that made dummies out of the Nigerian police in the 80′s. Lawrence Anini whose gangs caused fear and terror in Benin. He was from(Mid West) today’s Edo state and his mother is Yoruba. Many believed he’s smart in Robbery but not still as smarter or dangerous like Dr. Oyenusi(the greatest Nigerian Armed Robber).

6. MONDAY OSUNBOR- Another bloody Armed Robber of Yoruba origin. Osunbor is Anini’s deputy.

7. Inspector GEORGE IYAMU. Remember he was the senior Cop that made Anini’s career successful. He was a top Armed Robber in police uniform. He supplied intelligence and Arms to Anini’s gang. He was number three in Anini’s Gang and number seven in Nigeria’s Armed Robbers history book. He’s also a Yoruba man.

8. KAYODE WILLIAMS- Another brutal Armed Robber in history who later turned Pastor. The son of famous Mrs. Williams. Kayode was Oyenusi’s best friend and he is Yoruba.

9. OBIDIOZOR OTOKOTO- A ritualist, robber who killed people for ritual purposes, hitman, racketeering, loan sharking and general crime merchandise. He is igbo.

10. DERICO AND YEMO.

It's a known fact, that most Yorubas are fond of calling the Igbos thieves on every slight misunderstanding among them. The truth is that the Igbos before the war are known for their hard work, intelligent and innovative smart spirit. They are not thieves. Other tribes envy them including our men who admires their fair in complexion tall beautiful intelligent women. Any sensible man from our region will prefer calling the igbos cheats rather than thieves.

We know that Yorubas are the original Thieves and Crooks in Nigeria. The Hausa/Fulani before the Nigerian civil war are known for their honesty and hard work too. They are not thieves. The Yorubas before the war are known for stealing from Nigerians even for “juju” (black magic) trading. They are the real Nigerian thieves till date. As the Yorubas then steal from igbo traders around them, the igbos initiated a tricky stories that they (Igbos) eats humans, Every Igbo trader tried claiming “Ngwa” a dangerous village in today’s Abia state that was known for Cannibalism practice and rituals in the ancient days. All these attempts by Igbo traders was to create fears among their Yoruba thieves, whom Nigerians generally also regards as natural born....
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by totit: 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeGD:
Igbos are diabolical ritualists

[size=14pt]Again! “Yes, I am a ritualist”: This man allegedly kidnapped, killed and harvested vital organs of 2 boys in Enugu[/size]

Chizoba Michael Nwobodo’s inordinate ambition to get rich quick has left two families in deep sorrow and anguish. The 24-yr-old gruesomely murdered two young boys and harvested their vital organs for money making rituals.
He’s a kidnapper, armed robber and ritual killer who hails from Umualaguroyi Uhueze Nenwe village in Aninri West Local Government Area of Enugu State. He committed the heinous crimes between August and October this year.
In the first incident, which occurred in Ohuhu, Abia State on August 7, 2013, he abducted Emmanuel Nwobodo, the nine-year-old son of his uncle, Nnamdi Nwobodo, immediately the boy returned from school at 4.00pm on that fateful day. He took the boy into a nearby bush, beheaded him and proceeded to harvest his kidneys, lungs, heart and genitals. Done with the horrible act, he calmly dumped the boy’s dismembered body on the bank of a nearby river.

When evening came and the boy had still not returned from school, the parents started searching for him. Chizoba even joined in the search for the unfortunate boy. When he could not be found, his parents reported the matter to the police at Isikwuato Police Station, Abia State.

Later, Chizoba made a call to his uncle, informing him thus: “I told my uncle that I kidnapped the child at 4.00pm, that if he can pay me ransom of N300,000 I would release the child to him. He paid me N200,000. After some time, I called my uncle again and demanded another sum of N200,000. I told him to sell his land, but my uncle refused to pay the money. At the time I was demanding the money, I had already killed the child.”

On October 11, 2013, barely two months after murdering nine-year-old Emmanuel, Chizoba again abducted another child, Promise Uwakwe, a five-year-old boy as he was returning from school. This time around, he enticed the innocent boy with biscuits, dragged him into the bush and when the obviously startled boy began to scream after sensing danger, Chizoba quickly strangled him to death and then removed the boy’s vital organs.

Promise’s father, Mr Ngozi Nwakwe said the family became worried when the boy’s school uniform was found on the ground but he could not be found. After the first day, he reported to the police at Anniri Police Post and the policemen joined in the search for the child. When the child was not found after three days, the case was transferred to the Anti-kidnapping Squad of the Enugu State Police Command.

Like the well-known Otokoto ritual killing incident that occurred in 1996 in Imo State, the blood of the gruesomely murdered innocent little boys cried unceasingly before the Throne of the Almighty for justice.

“It was when the suspect demanded N3 million ransom from us that we alerted the police and they rounded him up and he confessed to them that he had killed my son and removed his genitals lungs, kidneys and heart and then dumped him inside a water tank from which we recovered his corpse,” Nwakwe said in anguish.

Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abubakar Adamu who narrated Chizoba’s murderous escapades to Sunday Sun revealed that the suspect was exposed when he called Mr Nwakwe and demanded N3 million ransom for the boy. The family refused and reported to the police.

CP Adamu said the Commander of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad, Alex Akinlalu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) and his team swung into action and arrested Chizoba at his village.

In a brief chat after his arrest by the police, Chizoba told Sunday Sun “I am a kidnapper, armed robber, ritualist, artist and musician. I traveled to India in 2013 to acquire power so that anything I engage in will prosper. I spent one month and one week in India. I needed money, so I contacted a herbalist who told me that if I wanted to make money I should look for two boys and two girls between the ages of four and nine years old for money ritual.”

Continuing, he said: “I used the two boys for the ritual. I bought red candle, blue candle, black candle, white candle and other ritual materials and did some incantations after which I threw the human parts into the bush.”

Meanwhile, Mrs. Elizabeth Nwobodo, mother of Emmanuel, the first victim, is crying and calling on the government to ensure that justice is done and she has been assured by CP Adamu that the suspect would definitely be charged to court for his heinous crimes at the conclusion of investigations.

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by totit: 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
IlekeGD:

[size=14pt] Man Rapes Widow To Death In Ebonyi[/size]

A 34-year-old widow and mother of four in Egwudunagu village, Amachi community in Abakaliki Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Mrs. Ogodo Egede has allegedly been raped to death by one Alex Nwabu, a 40-year-old man in the area.

Nwabu, who allegedly committed the act in the deceased house in the night, was said to have been having constant affair with the widow with a threat to kill her if she dared disclose it to anyone.
The poor widow, who depended on artisan work to carter for her children, was seen with bruises all over her motionless body following the incident.
A family source told our reporter that when the suspect continued the act, the widow’s daughter, a 13-year-old girl was forced by Nwabu to leave the house for threatening to expose him.

‘’The girl ran to her grandparents in the night because Nwabu threatened to kill her. She came to greet her mother in the morning only to see that she was dead and was covered with a wrapper.
‘’The girl went and informed the grandfather that her mother is dead. She had reported Nwabu’s action to her grandfather,” the source added.

The youths of the area then mobilised a search party for the suspect on hearing his alleged action and later found him in his father’s compound.
On interrogation, he admitted committing the crime.
Nwabu said: “Mrs. Ogodo was owing me N1, 500 and when I visited her for the payment she refused. I actually asked her for sex and she also refused. I later used force on her and I did not know she will die because I didn’t want to kill her.

‘’But she struggled with me which annoyed me and I beat her up, I had sex with her for several hours.”

Speaking on the incident, the widow’s father, Chief Ogbonna Ogayi said his granddaughter ran to him in the night and reported that Nwabu came to their house and started harassing her mother with a cutlass.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/man-rapes-widow-to-death-in-ebonyi/
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 05, 2015
WilyWily:
[b]
Nigerian Fraudster Arrested For Defrauding American Of $4M, Ado Ekiti Hotel Owner In EFCC Net
idowu olanrewaju

Nigerian Fraudster Arrested For Defrauding American Of $4 Million, Ado Ekiti Hotel Owner, Idowu Olarenwaju In EFCC Net.The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday said it has arrested a suspected fraudster, Idowu Olarenwaju (alias Capt Anthony Abel Saramoh) has been defrauding an
American Citizen of $4million through his company, Total Intership Nigeria Limited.

The suspect blew the fraud cash on exotic cars, acquisition of several properties in Port Harcourt, and a 44-room hotel in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.

The posh cars recovered from the suspect included a 2014 Range Rover, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2013 Range Evogue and Honda CRV.

According to a statement by the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren.

The statement said: “The heist was earned through a phony crude oil contracts with the victim, wiring the said amount into the account of Total Intership Nigeria Limited ostensibly for the supply of crude oil.

“The bubble burst after the victim was left clutching the air, in an exasperating wait that ended with a petition to the EFCC.

“One Joe Onwudimowei, an accomplice who operates the account of Total Intership Nigeria Limited with Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) where the proceeds of the said fake contract was deposited, was arrested on 18th June, 2015 and upon interrogation, fingered Idowu Olanrewaju and one Otunba Yemi Osho as the people he handed over all monies that passed through the account.ekiti hotelier fraudster

”On the 19th of June, 2015, the duo of Idowu Olanrewaju and Yemi Osho were arrested following a dawn raid on their homes by operatives of the EFCC.”

The statement said the suspect, who has no reasonable source of income, was speechless when confronted with facts.hotel owner dupes american

The statement added: “According to Onwudimowei, Olanrewaju sometime in 2010, instructed him to withdraw the sum of Three Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N3, 500, 000.00) for Chief Yemi Osho. Osho, he claimed, in turn handed over the money to two people sent to him by Olarenwaju.[/b]
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 12:17am On Nov 05, 2015
chuna1985:

Like i told one of ur brothers. YORUBA man can only visit 6 states in his life... grin

i understand that you are a special child.. I am from the south-south... abia state has no access to the Atlantic. Maybe Yoruba guys would find your jokes funny

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 05, 2015
WilyWily:

[size=18pt] Emerging Trend Of Social Almajiri In Yorubaland [/size] [b]
By Hakeem Jamiu
There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his dath has led to the profilration of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work.. In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.
[/b]
http://www.independentngonline.com/oped/article01
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

xtrorse:
WilyWily:
[size=18pt]RITUALIST CUTS OFF TEENAGE GIRL’S BREAST ALIVE IN ADO EKITI[/size] [PHOTO].
Posted by Abiola Adediran at 14:00, 2015

Ritualist Cuts Off Teenage Girl’s Braest Alive in Ado Ekiti [PHOTO] 1
Teenage Girl

Some heartless Ritualist Cuts Off Teenage Girl’s Braest while she was still alive to bear the pain. The incident happened in Ado Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti state, South west Nigeria. According to eye witness account, the guy was kidnapped by ritualists but was lucky that they spared her live after carrying out their wicked act. It was reported that blood gush out from her chest like leaked pipe while she cries for help.

How Can Someone Do this to his fellow human Being? The heart of man is indeed very wicked, How is she going to get over this evil ordeal? I wonder what she these guys to make them incur such atrocity on her in broad day light? This is too bad!
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2015
rexbuton:

i understand that you are a special child.. I am from the south-south... abia state has no access to the Atlantic. Maybe Yoruba guys would find your jokes funny

Nah, it takes a foooool to say certain trash.

Abia state has access to d ocean, that ur arguing it as a Yoruba man willnnoy make the waters dry up.

1 Like

Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by stanech: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2015
Phame:
you are joking right? I guess ibaji is part of anambara too.

ibaji is not in anambra but the said oil well are not in ibaji either but in a town between ibaji and anambra. The north only interesated in that oil
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by eagleonearth(m): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2015
pazienza:
Yes, I know, the Ikwerres were under PH division and the Ekpeyes were under Ahoada, but these groups were essentially Igbo speaking, and we're only separated from the rest of the Igbo nation because of crude oil politics. The East central Gowon created were made up of many Igbo speaking divisions as well.
Before PH division was created, Ikwerres and Etched were in Owerri division.
It was out of Owerri division that Aba and PH divisions were created for Ngwas and Ikwerres.

The 1970 division was crude oil directed.
The state creation by gowon was in 1967 when 12 states were created altogether just b4 d civil wal
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by wordychap: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2015
Meaning Nigerian oil will last for d next 50yrs
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 8:30am On Nov 05, 2015
chuna1985:

Nah, it takes a foooool to say certain trash.

Abia state has access to d ocean, that ur arguing it as a Yoruba man willnnoy make the waters dry up.

k
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by pazienza(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2015
eagleonearth:
The state creation by gowon was in 1967 when 12 states were created altogether just b4 d civil wal

And you think I don't already know that?
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by scholes0(m): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
wordychap:
Meaning Nigerian oil will last for d next 50yrs

At the current rate, yes.
But that doesn't mean more oil fields won't be discovered- adding to the reserves.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 4:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Nna na wah ooo... I Don miss ooo... But y would d ibos flex there twig muscles over issues not bothering them.. Must u guys prove to be leeches nd grasshoppers 2 establish ur presence... I don't get I'm seeing just three ibo guys on dis thread with 12 monikers all thru.... Re u guys crazy..... I stand for total annihilation of all ibos With destructive separation of the constituents.... Ibos re vermins nd criminals
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 07, 2015
Nna na wah ooo... I Don miss ooo... But y would d ibos flex there twig muscles over issues not bothering them.. Must u guys prove to be leeches nd grasshoppers 2 establish ur presence... I don't get I'm seeing just three ibo guys on dis thread with 12 monikers all thru.... Re u guys crazy..... I stand for total annihilation of all ibos With destructive separation of the constituents.... Eboes re vermins nd criminals
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Duru1(m): 5:30am On Nov 07, 2015
scholes0:

Do you think oil production wells were already that well known at the time? Infact production from Oloibiri which was the country's first commercial oil well peaked in 1964. Even today, we are still adding more and more oil production sites. So if a huge field is discovered somewhere in Ogun in 2018, Ondo might suddenly cry foul and say the land used to be theirs? Even if it wasn't
What I was trying to say is that before these two states, most areas were already administered under divisions. Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, etc were under the Ahoada division, not under the Owerri/Imo division

Lack of sincerity and intellectual dishonesty which are spurred by tribal hatred resign Nigeria to backwater grade. Oloibiri was shipping crude oil from 1956 to 1960 primarily by Shell D'Arcy later Shell British Petroleum Company (SBPC) via contractual agreement. The first Nigerian shipment happened in 1961. What you enormously termed as Oloibiri commercial oil well peaked in 1964 was after Owaza oil fields came in production.

There was Owerri Province which included Port Harcourt and beyond and around such as Ahoada. However Owerri division came after military regime under Ironsi. Yet there was nothing such as Owerri/Imo division.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Duru1(m): 5:35am On Nov 07, 2015
scholes0:

I agree that the Igbos might have lost some prospective land as a result of punitive action from the Nigerian state in the aftermath of the civil war (Hydrocarbon rich land for that matter), ESPECIALLY In Oyigbo and Egbema. But no further. Although East Central state and Rivers ate were both created before the civil war began, not After.

The unnecessary boundary adjustment was punitively carried out after civil war.
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by Duru1(m): 5:38am On Nov 07, 2015
HopeAtHand:

The Ikwerres and Ekpeyes were never an Igbo speaking group.Its not like you lived in Rivers state or you are an Ikwerre..you are simply relying on lies told you by desperate Igbos looking to create a non-existent brotherhood with Ikwerres.

I'm not saying there are no shared words or traditions, neighbors everywhere in the world overtime share some words and form of tradition but saying Ekpeye and Ikwerre speak Igbo as their lingua is an attempt at mischief.

Please and please do not twist issues because of oil.

Why are the Ikwerre not have names such Waribo, Kurubo, Ehaghara, Agbanifo, etc?
Re: Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures by rexbuton: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2015
dejavski:

Oh I didn't know there was another proposed state...what about the coastal state I talked about? I don't know why that proposal didn't materialise.
Do you have any idea of that?

The oil rivers state as proposed in the national conference? Me I don't really care as long as an inch of edo land isn't cut out.. I'm even trying to expand edo frontiers to the ocean

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. / "Lagos Is For Peter Obi" Banner Removed - Photos / Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.