Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! (21791 Views)

I'm Still A Virgin But Have Swollen Tummy Like Fibroid- A Friend Seeks Advice / Libido / Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by yemstok(m): 4:17am On Nov 03, 2015
Tell him to talk slowly and not to think of what people thinks of him.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by maleeks(m): 4:24am On Nov 03, 2015
mployer:

He should thank God he can talk and hear. There are plenty deaf and dumb people around, they are not killing themselves yet.

He should learn to talk slowly and avoid heated arguments.

you've spoken
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by oyoyoade: 4:28am On Nov 03, 2015
first of all for me any body that commit suicide is a coward.
About the stammering tell you friend to take it slow when talking let him talk slowly with that he can flow well.if you notice when you are angry we stammer too even when we don't stammer because of the that anger your mouth would be faster than your brain and you end up stammering so for me it worked for many people let him slow down when talking to people in 2 to 3 years it will clear.i am not a doctor forget the mouth and brain illustration the main thing is he should talk slow let him take his time before speaking. For my first statement am not sorry because that is not an issue even mad people enjoy there life.because of a mere stammering and he wants to commit suicide mtcheew abeg hug transformer
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 03, 2015
delishpot:
Tell him only the weak at heart give way for a known thief to rob him of his most precious item; his life.
Problems in life should make one stronger and more determined to prosper. It should be turned into a rocket that proppels ais forward to put shame in the faces of those who thought we would never make it in our lives.

Tell him people face more serious problems such as rape, barreness, loss of bread winners, loss of job and even sick spouse or child they also get abused by people and even some get physically hurt by people. Yet they knock sense into their heads and press on. Even people in Auswich or concentration camps still had hopes. They held on to faith till they were free even though people were dying left right and center. No one says it is easy but I am saying with a positive outlook he can overcome.

Rubbish#
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by magni101(m): 4:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Well... some of us stammer at some point but our ability to control it matters. Tell him to relax and try to breath in and speak gently whenever he's angry and wants to speak.
This is something I tried when I was much younger and it paid off. Nobody knows I used to stammer before o!
I Just had the ability to control it and whenever I tell anyone that I used to stammer before, they would not believe me coz they didn't notice it. Now that phase in my life is gone now. A long time ago.
It's all in the mind and I wish I could speak to him personally.
God will help him.

I also know of few other people that have the same challenge but learnt to carry themselves well. He should be lucky he could even speak and express himself to you.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by babaowo: 4:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Moshood abiola MKO, he was a stammerer and Nigeria billionaire, king george VI , British former prime minister winston Churchill, actor james earl Jones, they're all stammering including myself and I have been to 1 to 50 best cities in this word, my advice is don't be angry when you want to talk, calm down or keep Your mouth shut, there are stammerer in the bible among prophets, eg moses.thank God You can see and hear, don't let anyone intimidate you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by FEARLESSDUDE: 4:37am On Nov 03, 2015
ZUBY77:

Why would I put myself in his shoes?
Do you know my own problems?
Why don't you ask me to put myself in the shoes of Dangote or Bill Gate or Obama?
Did I threaten to kill myself because I am not Cristiano Ronaldo or Roger Federer?

Dude take it easy . What's biting you ? Abeg make u kukuma go to ur blog and continue ur story abi tori don finish for ur brain ni ? I thought u boasted about keeping the tori going till death do u part .... Lol... Make I laf in Oghe language .... Kikikik bububub hahaha ... grin

10 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by chamberlin1(m): 4:38am On Nov 03, 2015
Talking slowly and Reading books audibly. He should do these two often. He can say his words one after the other and avoid being angry

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Amaechina15(m): 4:46am On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=ZUBY77 post=39627875]Allow him to kill himself. Animal.

He is naturally greedy and insatiable.
Has he not seen blind, deaf, crippled and even people who spent their entire lives in a hospital.

He can talk at all and be heard, yet he thinks he should have had everything in life, except death of course.

I don't have pity, he can go and kill himself if he wants. There are too many people in the world already.

And before he go to buy the rope in the market, tell him that we will forget he ever exhghghhg
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:49am On Nov 03, 2015
Put water in a bell and give him the bell to drink the water directly from the bell 🔔, he should be doing this until the stammering stop. It will sound funny but it works. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by CIMA129: 4:52am On Nov 03, 2015
you are helped
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by yinkarh187(m): 4:53am On Nov 03, 2015
I'm also a stutterer but what helps me through all d negativity is dat i think about dose who can't speak at all (although it's almost d same thing but I thank God sha). It's really bad but d 1 dat concerns most is dat it's affecting me academically.
Tell your friend to keep calm. Life is too beautiful to worry

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by harristo(m): 4:58am On Nov 03, 2015
Help me ask your friend; which is more important to him: winning in a quarrel or avoiding a situation where people laugh at him for stuttering.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Adeabbey59(m): 5:00am On Nov 03, 2015
Why would he take his life because of mockery, when those that can speak clearly are still getting mocked from those bad Belle.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by deathmen12: 5:01am On Nov 03, 2015
he shld nt even tink of suicide, cos only d weak does, wen i was growing up i have this same issue, b4 i wil say gudmrnin, blood of God person wen travel go aba go dne cum back to ph, i go stil dey gogogogogogogoodddd, if u knw say e get wre u dey go den nor wait 4 d morning cos if u wait u re on ur own. until one day my grandpa came to visit and he told me to use snail share to be drinking water every morning nd i did dat 4 like 4months my broda dat was d end, pls advs ur frnd to try dat it wil wrk 4him

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ZUBY77(m): 5:03am On Nov 03, 2015
FEARLESSDUDE:

Dude take it easy . What's biting you ? Abeg make u kukuma go to ur blog and continue ur story abi tori don finish for ur brain ni ? I thought u boasted about keeping the tori going till death do u part .... Lol... Make I laf in Oghe language .... Kikikik bububub hahaha ... grin

Actually I am in Asia gathering every necessary Information that will keep you on your toes when I kick off again.
So show some respect as I will soon bring Japan, Korea, Malaysia, China and more to you.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by montees(m): 5:05am On Nov 03, 2015
Let him give his life to Christ, God love him so much thanks.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 03, 2015
ZUBY77:
Allow him to kill himself. Animal.

He is naturally greedy and insatiable.
Has he not seen blind, deaf, crippled and even people who spent their entire lives in a hospital.

He can talk at all and be heard, yet he thinks he should have had everything in life, except death of course.

I don't have pity, he can go and kill himself if he wants. There are too many people in the world already.

And before he go to buy the rope in the market, tell him that we will forget he ever existed in less than one year.
You are very nasty and insensitive. You cannot not know the pain a person is passing through until you have walked in their shoes.

Don't quote me abeg because you so unpleasant

7 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by olutunde12(m): 5:09am On Nov 03, 2015
Tell him to visit facebook. Or does he think all those wield pictures of different types of people with various body deffects are lies? I stammer also but by the grace of God I had taught in various secondary schools succesfully before I joinned an NGO this year where my job is to talk! So, tell him to believe in himself and shun arguments that will make him angry. He doesnt need to argue with anybody. He gains nothing from it.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by rubii09: 5:10am On Nov 03, 2015
Sir Winston Churchill had a stutter , but he is known to be one of the greatest orators in history. Determination and believe!

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 03, 2015
ZUBY77:

Why would I put myself in his shoes?
Do you know my own problems?
Why don't you ask me to put myself in the shoes of Dangote or Bill Gate or Obama?
Did I threaten to kill myself because I am not Cristiano Ronaldo or Roger Federer?

But you know how to spew crap about someone facing a challenge that is affecting him psychologically.

Abeg go back to your blog and face that boring crap you write and let reasonable people comment.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by wokomabest(m): 5:16am On Nov 03, 2015
360ng:

you must be high on something angry
I keep wondering oo
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by dahmie2013: 5:17am On Nov 03, 2015
OP, so sorry abt ur friend's predicament. I also have a challenge of talking fast, so ppl hardly hear what I say especially when angry.

I learnt sumthing dat anger is a choice&dat no one can make u angry. So wen issues arise, I just keep quiet&dat makes me calm. Even if I'm forced 2 talk, I'm able 2 talk calmly cos I chose not 2 be angry.

I noticed over time dat when I get angry, I suffer more even if I end up hurting d person so much especially with my bad mouth, but d memories&d anger spoils my day&makes me un-easy 4 dat whole day. Dats y I adopted dis strategy&its being working.

Also prayers are helpful, look @ mosses he was a stammerer&dat didn't stop him 4rm achieving God's purpose 4 him. Sucide just makes him more of a weak person&sumone dat can't face challenges. Its not d solutn, derefore not an optn.

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ZUBY77(m): 5:17am On Nov 03, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

You are very nasty and insensitive. You cannot not know the pain a person is passing through until you have walked in their shoes.

Don't quote me abeg because you so unpleasant

Every fortune or misfortune in life has its advantages and disadvantages. It is only when you relax and talk to your inner self that those advantages will come to light. It is in all of us.

Rich men kill themselves too and so are poor men.

A crippled lady got engaged yesterday. She never threatened to take her own life.

If Mr Stammerer can look inside himself, he can write down his experience and life as a Stammerer.
It would be first of it's kind and will make him popular.
The world would like to know what goes on in the mind of such people.

That's the positive.
Telling us that he will kill himself won't change my stand.
I don't know why we Africans focus too much on negativity.
This world is not perfect itself.

I blame it on too much religious activities that does no one any good.

.. .But before you respond to this, remember that I don't expect you to understand it. Your life might still be based on your clothes and hair and boyfriend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by menix(m): 5:19am On Nov 03, 2015
OP ask ur friend to go buy those conventional school bells nd start using it as his cup.

Either drinking tea or water, he should use the bell as his cup.

He drinks from it every morning he wakes up from sleep..
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ZUBY77(m): 5:21am On Nov 03, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

But you know how to spew crap about someone facing a challenge that is affecting him psychologically.

Abeg go back to your blog and face that boring crap you write and let reasonable people comment.

Yeah.. My blog suddenly become crap because we have different approach to the same issue.
Isn't this why I refer to you lots as block heads and animals.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by emmayayodeji(m): 5:24am On Nov 03, 2015
vrooooom:
Hewants to commit suicide because he's a stammerer?I guess he cares too much what people think of him.tell him to chill.
cant blame you.... buh being a stammerer can be really frustrating
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by josite: 5:24am On Nov 03, 2015
tell him mko abiola was the greatest stammerer. and yet the richest man in his time.the only guy with private jet .many stammeres eventually became too large over and above the stammerers and MY SELF was a terrific stammerer until i was 19 and what i observed in my own case that the moment i got the best result in the whole of lagos in the GCE ADVANCED LEVEL OF 1984(AAC),my confidence level rose astronomically and from then on,i began to speak clearr and clearer.

so remain prayerful and whatever you are involved with,give it your very best.a stammerrer needs to come out top of the class because doing so enhances your confidence level badly affected by the constant mockery you received as you venture to self express.

it is a disability that you can conquer with prayers and with determination.i DID.IN FACT WHEN I SPEAK AND SPEAK SO CLEAREST NOW,all my childhood friends couldnt even believe ,its the same me.ALL THE GLORY HOWEVER MUST GO TO GOD.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by goshen26: 5:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Op I have nothing special to say, after all these candid pieces of advise so far. Tell him to follow those advise. SHALOM
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by cbrass(m): 5:28am On Nov 03, 2015
sweatlana:

Lol.. maybe u can handle your issues better than others but that does not call for such a harsh statement.
I was once suicidal cos of my then inability to stop bedwetting. Even when I met my husband I was still bedwetting. So I can relate to his problem.

Hmm how did you later stop sad
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by goshen26: 5:28am On Nov 03, 2015
josite:
tell him mko abiola was the greatest stammer. and yet the richest man in his time.the only guy with private jet .many stammers eventually became too large over and above the stammers.

U r on point jhoor....Jah bless u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

WHO: Countries Should Not Require Proof Of Vaccine For International Travel. / Scientists Find Aggressive New HIV Strain ( Seems Confined To West Africa) / Reasons You Are More Attractive to Mosquitoes Than Your Neighbors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.