Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! (21815 Views)

I'm Still A Virgin But Have Swollen Tummy Like Fibroid- A Friend Seeks Advice / Libido / Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by danthamccoy(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2015
yinkarh187:
I'm also a stutterer but what helps me through all d negativity is dat i think about dose who can't speak at all (although it's almost d same thing but I thank God sha). It's really bad but d 1 dat concerns most is dat it's affecting me academically.
Tell your friend to keep calm. Life is too beautiful to worry
You don't have to live with it. There are several ways to overcome stuttering. Use Google.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2015
He should go to the hospital and see what's going on there, he will marvel at the level of pains people go through everyday and stammering isn't one of them... he can learn to be fluent by starting to talk slowly and then picking up pace... I remember my brother was once in his shoes, a chronic stammerer but thank God today he is as fluent as a white man..... Committing suicide will end his life and maybe just maybe his soul will also be a stammerer and that's 2-0 , so he should seek for help rather than thinking of suicide. lot's of people have gone through worse they came victorious, his case will be no different in Jesus Name
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Badgers14: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
lol funny u.. Actually it's my friend. My childhood friend

Well tell him to watch kings speech and follow those steps..

Cheers grin
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Etizz: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2015
Ordinary stammerer he won kill himself, if I tell am d problem I get now eh, he go change mind, in fact na him go dey advice me,......

In other words, he should just totally avoid quarrel and should not rush himself in talking or explaining any matter at all,

Finally, I don't think there's a medical cure for it, I will advice him to practice on how to talk by picking d words one after d other without repeating any of d words, furthermore, let him sing more of music, cool songs like dat of sia........ Trust me there will be improvement. wink

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Hablad47:

Do make use of punctuation marks, it gives meaning to reading.

First, I thought you were the one shedding tears until I read your next paragraph.

Moreover, it should have been; "A friend of mine met me, shedding tears like a baby". Or preferably, as used by you; "A friend of mine just met me, shedding tears like a baby".

By the way, we all have flaws. I can only suggest that he does not engage himself in situation that could most time warrant argument between two.

There are thousands of reasons why he needs to be grateful, I wish I could share about two videos with you and I'm sure he will be touched at that.
thanks for the corrections and advice. I appreciate.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by strykr: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2015
sweatlana:

Lol.. maybe u can handle your issues better than others but that does not call for such a harsh statement.
I was once suicidal cos of my then inability to stop bedwetting. Even when I met my husband I was still bedwetting. So I can relate to his problem.

Hello, please I know a lady with the same problem u mentioned and all her efforts have failed. Would like to know how u finally stopped bedwetting.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by badesco(m): 8:10am On Nov 03, 2015
It cannot be cure with drugs or prayer, all he need is to do is to be extra patient when talking and to over look people's action or look toward him when talking. He should have it in his forehead that he is not the only stammerer in the world, aferall Lata M.k.O Abiola is stammerer, yet he speak confidently in public. Wish him luck
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Chidizman(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2015
Make a fine powder of 50 gm peeled Almonds (Cheele Badam), 10 gm Cinnamon (Dar Chini), 10 gm Cloves (Laung) 20 gm Pistachios (Pista), 6 gm Pure Saffron (Zafran) 10 gm Silver edible leaf (Chandi Varak) now mix well with 150 gm pure Honey and save in a vessel. Take 4-6 gm along with lukewarm milk daily for one month. This is a highly beneficial and trial prescription for Stammering or Stuttering. cheesy
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by LastSurvivor: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2015
Its very simple, learn how not to be ANGRY, talk slowly and short, avoid arguments..
Once again kill ur anger and pray..
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by gafsey(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2015
Been a stammerer is not the end of life.

Am a stammerer, chronic one to be precise, I never feel ashame of Myself, just tell ur friend to be calm, fearless and build confidence, when I want to defend my final year project, my friends were like Opeyemi how are you going to do it, we went to my HOD and explain things to him about the stutter stuff but the man said I should be a man and myself, on that fateful day I keep my calm, I keep my head down and I start flowing at a low space I don't know where the confidence came from... Everyone in my department was surprised. Tho I still stammer but on importantand occasion I always keep my calm. The funniest part is my all gf 's doesn't know am a stammerer.
Keep temper
Talk slowly
Don't be eager to talk
Build confidence
Don't feel sad when people laugh at you
Don't let been a stammerer turn you to an introvert
Always be in control of your emotion.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 8:16am On Nov 03, 2015
MrCork:

....when a lightskin babe kiss me!! wink
lol werey
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2015
Aii thanks fam
deathmen12:
D big one, ya it wrk 4me, i belv it wil also wrk 4him
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2015
Nice one man
gafsey:
Been a stammerer is not the end of life.

Am a stammerer, chronic one to be precise, I never feel ashame of Myself, just tell ur friend to be calm, fearless and build confidence, when I want to defend my final year project, my friends were like Opeyemi how are you going to do it, we went to my HOD and explain things to him about the stutter stuff but the man said I should be a man and myself, on that fateful day I keep my calm, I keep my head down and I start flowing at a low space I don't know where the confidence came from... Everyone in my department was surprised. Tho I still stammer but on importantand occasion I always keep my calm. The funniest part is my all gf 's doesn't know am a stammerer.
Keep temper
Talk slowly
Don't be eager to talk
Build confidence
Don't feel sad when people laugh at you
Don't let been a stammerer turn you to an introvert
Always be in control of your emotion.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2015
I feel this might help him manage his stuttering better. I am a stutterer but I am a public speaker also.

https://www.nairaland.com/2546460/how-control-stuttering
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2015
SkinnyDude:
hope is the thing that has kept me going... sometimes it gets really worse, that i can't say a single word without having a block. then, it gets better.. just rotating
sorry mehn wait on God he wld heal you fam
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Elerineye01(m): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Some people don't just know how to thank God, many are dumb yet he wants to commit suicide.... U beta beg God for forgiveness and thank God for what you have...
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by seniorklop: 8:38am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
A friend of mine just met me shedding tears like a baby.
I thought he had lost his mum or one of his relatives but i was wrong.

He suddenly stopped crying but was still sobbing. He told me that he's getting tired of living.

My friend is stammerer. Everybody knows about it. He feels bad each time he finished quarreling with people.

He would stammer when the need to explain what/how the quarrel starts arises. People will laugh at him. His foes will mock him for his inability to speak well. He feels bad though.

He told me that people always mock him whenever he stammers. He started shedding tears again.

I tried my best to console him but i was totally dumb-founded when he told that he is going to commit suicide if his problem persits.

I cautioned him not to think of commiting suicide in his life. I told him that with God, nothing is impossibe in this World, that God who created him knows the best.

I tried to console him with suitable words but words are not comming because i was confused.

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs? Lalasticlala

Hi, you should introduce forever living supplements to your friend.

Aloe Vera Gel The miraculous aloe leaf has benefited mankind for thousands of years.
Aloe Berry Nectar Don’t let the great taste fool you – it’s a health powerhouse!
Bee Propolis Propolis is the protective substance gathered and used by bees to keep their hives clean.Fields of Green Get the antioxidants and chlorophyll you may be lacking.
Royal Jelly Give your energy and immune system a boost with Royal Jelly.

I am a distributor to forever living. if you are in lagos, go to our office in 21/23 Aromire Avenue, Off Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja,. Lagos State. Please note, you can only make purchase via a distributor. Here is my distributorship ID 234002399057. when you get there, pick your order form and list the products above. Make sure you quote my ID. You can call for further details or if you have any issue. Thanks 08080991721
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Bobbieydeey: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2015
Should the shell be washed after removing the snail?
Daniel4wap:
there is a cure for it. tell ur frd to get a snail shell. he should remove the snail inside gently and crack d inner shell. after that, it will look like a cup. he should use it to drink water, within 3 months he is going to c improvements for him self. in 9 months time its over

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2015
seniorklop:

Hi, you should introduce forever living supplements to your friend.

Aloe Vera Gel The miraculous aloe leaf has benefited mankind for thousands of years.
Aloe Berry Nectar Don’t let the great taste fool you – it’s a health powerhouse!
Bee Propolis Propolis is the protective substance gathered and used by bees to keep their hives clean.Fields of Green Get the antioxidants and chlorophyll you may be lacking.
Royal Jelly Give your energy and immune system a boost with Royal Jelly.

I am a distributor to forever living. if you are in lagos, go to our office in 21/23 Aromire Avenue, Off Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja,. Lagos State. Please note, you can only make purchase via a distributor. Here is my distributorship ID 234002399057. when you get there, pick your order form and list the products above. Make sure you quote my ID. You can call for further details or if you have any issue. Thanks 08080991721

thanks a lot but we live in ondo state.. How do we connect you from here?
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Georgeooo(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2015
Ogene is an Igbo name for gong

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Georgeooo(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2015
This forum is the best. one stands to learn a lot.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by thinkdip(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2015
he should listen more with his right ear, argue less and talk scathingly. from there it'll gradually reduce with Gods grace.

[/center]
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:

He suddenly stopped crying but was still sobbing. He told me that he's getting tired of living.

My friend is stammerer. Everybody knows about it. He feels bad each time he finished quarreling with people.

He would stammer when the need to explain what/how the quarrel starts arises. People will laugh at him. His foes will mock him for his inability to speak well. He feels bad though.

He told me that people always mock him whenever he stammers. He started shedding tears again.

I tried my best to console him but i was totally dumb-founded when he told that he is going to commit suicide if his problem persits.

I cautioned him not to think of commiting suicide in his life. I told him that with God, nothing is impossibe in this World, that God who created him knows the best.

I tried to console him with suitable words but words are not comming because i was confused.

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs?

Tell him to stop fighting people. Tell him to relax when he speaks, however slow. There are people with worse situation but are not thinking suicide.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Sammyblaq(m): 9:21am On Nov 03, 2015
First of all He have to be thankful to God not coming out as a dumb man.
Op, come to ma hood and ask about me.
If i talk to you back then, your heart will pop outta your body.

If you dont know me from then u wont be able to decode now cos i crack up much...and speak little(slowly).

I keep the best of friends o... So JOVIAL

*Stand strong, put away fear man.

*Avoid unneccessary arguements(if an arguement aint centered on dough, take out).

Whats the gain killing yourself? Erase it from your mind Joor.

Is it talking to shawts? I talk to girls...i have the best of them as fwends and i keep the best gal.

Am in the choir too(best choirister: 2013).
Taught in a school (service year).

Plenty plenty of things i have done as i do stammer...been a stammerer cant stop you!

OP make me a reference to ya man. Am a celeb. Lol!
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2015
God, God, God, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus and proper solutions are few and far between. If this God really solved issues then spirits would immigrate to earth from heaven.

Rant over. My only suggestion is what a friend of mine told me he was adviced. He told me he stammers but I never noticed it.
His solution was to pick a go to word whenever you feel a lack of vocality in your thoughts, something easy and subtle like 'ok' which you'd then use as a filler during conversations. He told me when he started he could say 'ok' up to eight times before the word came but nowadays(a few years later then) he only needed to repeat it thrice at most before his thought process caught up.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by igwedaboss(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Had a friend who is late now (may his soul continue to rest in peace), he is a stammerer. Despite this, he had like 5 girlfriends and others were on his neck. We wey no dey stammer don't even have 3 babes. What made he stand out was not because of money, he just stays cool and talk low. He never wanted to be the loudest man in the room, he just talks slowly and calmly. Yet he had friends and babes who always want to spend time with him. So @OP, let your friend try to be cool headed. He should stop trying to get heard, whoever wants to listen would, if not he should remain silent. He should pick his friends wisely, not the once that would argue all day long. And with time, am sure he flow and sound better. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by oluwasijiola(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2015
ojinuocheibi:
Put water in a bell and give him the bell to drink the water directly from the bell 🔔, he should be doing this until the stammering stop. It will sound funny but it works. Thank me later.
think that's mere superstition...those things don't work...am also a stutter..whenever am tensed or I frieght,I stutter..it happened in an interview some months back,but the deal is,take it easy,calm down,breathe in and speak..I was surprise when I didn't rush when communicating during an interview..so it works..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by sweatlana: 9:52am On Nov 03, 2015
cbrass:

Hmm how did you later stop sad

My dear na God win o
At some point I was hpeless
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Maximus85(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs?

No longer story. Help him take these steps.

1. He should learn patience.
2. He should work on his temper. Stammers are known to be hot tempered.
3. He should say the words first in his mind before saying it out.
4.Stammers Stammer on mono and Di-syllabic words. He should practice pronouncing these words in a single breath.
5. Stammers don't Stammer when they sing. Yes, they don't. So, he should practice reading with music playing.

Also tell him that a man who came closest to seeing God, Moses, was a chronic Stammer. Yet, he brought the Israelites out of Egypt and cross the Red Sea. He didn't do it on his own, God assisted him. So, with all these steps I've listed, he should also ask God for his assistance.

You're welcome.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by dwesternmall: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruiting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to careers@westernmall.co.uk
or go to http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers to apply

Make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!
More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by sweatlana: 9:58am On Nov 03, 2015
strykr:

Hello, please I know a lady with the same problem u mentioned and all her efforts have failed. Would like to know how u finally stopped bedwetting.
Honestly speaking God healed me cos it just stopped. I don't do any thing different. I used to dream of myself urinating in the toilet but in reality I was in bed! So I kept on praying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Early Signs Of Cancer / Ladies: Expert Tips On How To Care For Your Fertility Before Marriage / 10 Patients Go Blind After Injection In A Kaduna Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.