Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! (21819 Views)

I'm Still A Virgin But Have Swollen Tummy Like Fibroid- A Friend Seeks Advice / Libido / Help He Wants To Commit Suicide Because Of A Female Brest Growing On His Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by marlockj: 10:00am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
A friend of mine just met me shedding tears like a baby.
I thought he had lost his mum or one of his relatives but i was wrong.

He suddenly stopped crying but was still sobbing. He told me that he's getting tired of living.

My friend is stammerer. Everybody knows about it. He feels bad each time he finished quarreling with people.

He would stammer when the need to explain what/how the quarrel starts arises. People will laugh at him. His foes will mock him for his inability to speak well. He feels bad though.

He told me that people always mock him whenever he stammers. He started shedding tears again.

I tried my best to console him but i was totally dumb-founded when he told that he is going to commit suicide if his problem persits.

I cautioned him not to think of commiting suicide in his life. I told him that with God, nothing is impossibe in this World, that God who created him knows the best.

I tried to console him with suitable words but words are not comming because i was confused.

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs?

Wonders Dey say will Neva end.

Someone that can talk And hear Ppl,he is crying Cuz Ppl Mke common gist of him.Evn threaten suicide.

See what u will do,take him to hospital. Take him to critical condition Ward or area.let him use his eyes And see Wat Ppl are going tru.

Wen u bring him back he will be the 1st person in church to Gv testimony.

Remember not any hospital, Bt government hospital
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by awesomegenius(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2015
He Shouldn't Commit Suicide,But Learn How To Control It.......That Was How I Answered People Who Mocked At Me.Thank God it has reduced drastically
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by awesomegenius(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2015
phayvoursky:
[b]I'M A STUTTER AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND WITH THE HELP OF MY FRIENDS WE BEEN ABLE TO BRING IT DOWN TO A VERY LOW LEVEL.

*FIRST OF ALL; I HAD TO KILL THE TEMPER IN ME.

DUE TO THE FACT THAT I STUTTER; IT WAS DIFFICULT TO VOICE OUT MY ANGER WHENEVER I HAVE A LITTLE DISAGREEMENT WITH SOMEONE SO I CONSIDERED VIOLENCE AS AN ALTERNATIVE WHICH ENDED UP WORSENING THE SCENERIO AFTER ALL.

SO I'LL ADVICE UR FRIEND TO TAKE A CHILL PILL WHENEVER SUCH SITUATIONS ARISES. IF HE CAN BE ABLE TO CONTROL HIS TEMPER, HE'S ON THE PATHWAY TO SPEAKING LIKE BARACK OBAMA.

*SECONDLY; AN AFRICAN ADDAGE SAID: IT TAKES A WHOLE VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD.

I RECEIVED HELP FROM MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. IT WASN'T THAT BAD TO THE EXTENT OF STUMPING MY FOOT OR HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL BEFORE I SPEAK BUT I RECOGNISED I WASN'T BORN THAT WAY SO I DECIDED IT MUST COME TO A HALT.

SO EVERYONE WHO HAD A STAKE IN ME, FROM FAMILY TO FRIENDS AND GOOD FOES ALL HAD A ROLE TO PLAY. I CHOSE THE BEST OF FRIENDS AND THEY REALLY HELPED.

THEY EVEN MAKE JEST OF ME AND WE ALL LAUGH IT OUT.

SO AS A FRIEND TO HIM YOU'VE GOT A ROLE TO PLAY AND THANK GOD YOU RECOGNISE THIS.

*LASTLY; LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO GIVE ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO WANT TO GET ON HIS NERVES.

I ADVISE HIM TO ALWAYS KEEP HIS COOL AT ALL TIMES, LISTEN BEFORE SPEAKING OUT, TRY TO SPEAK GENTLY AND TABLE HIS PROBLEM TO GOD.

HE SHOULD REMEMBER THERE'S NO FORGIVENESS TO SUICIDE.

I PRAY THIS WILL HELP. [/b]

Nice One Bro,Overcoming Stuttering Ain't Easy ooh.........
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2015
Maximus85:

No longer story. Help him take these steps.

1. He should learn patience.
2. He should work on his temper. Stammers are known to be hot tempered.
3. He should say the words first in his mind before saying it out.
4.Stammers Stammer on mono and Di-syllabic words. He should practice pronouncing these words in a single breath.
5. Stammers don't Stammer when they sing. Yes, they don't. So, he should practice reading with music playing.

Also tell him that a man who came closest to seeing God, Moses, was a chronic Stammer. Yet, he brought the Israelites out of Egypt and cross the Red Sea. He didn't do it on his own, God assisted him. So, with all these steps I've listed, he should also ask God for his assistance.

You're welcome.
great points u have got there.. Thanks very much
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by adorable29(f): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2015
sweatlana:

Lol.. maybe u can handle your issues better than others but that does not call for such a harsh statement.
I was once suicidal cos of my then inability to stop bedwetting. Even when I met my husband I was still bedwetting. So I can relate to his problem.

Gosh you are very brave for sharing this!

God bless your heart!

People should be more empathic towards others.

It will make the world a better place to live in....

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2015
marlockj:

Wonders Dey say will Neva end.

Someone that can talk And hear Ppl,he is crying Cuz Ppl Mke common gist of him.Evn threaten suicide.

See what u will do,take him to hospital. Take him to critical condition Ward or area.let him use his eyes And see Wat Ppl are going tru.

Wen u bring him back he will be the 1st person in church to Gv testimony.

Remember not any hospital, Bt government hospital

hahaahha funny but true. Thanks dear
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Tell him to stop fighting people. Tell him to relax when he speaks, however slow. There are people with worse situation but are not thinking suicide.
thanks a lot
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by 400billionman: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:

He suddenly stopped crying but was still sobbing. He told me that he's getting tired of living.

My friend is stammerer. Everybody knows about it. He feels bad each time he finished quarreling with people.

He would stammer when the need to explain what/how the quarrel starts arises. People will laugh at him. His foes will mock him for his inability to speak well. He feels bad though.

He told me that people always mock him whenever he stammers. He started shedding tears again.

I tried my best to console him but i was totally dumb-founded when he told that he is going to commit suicide if his problem persits.

I cautioned him not to think of commiting suicide in his life. I told him that with God, nothing is impossibe in this World, that God who created him knows the best.

I tried to console him with suitable words but words are not comming because i was confused.

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice on behalf of my good friend.. What do u think can be done so that the stammering can be reduced? Can it be cured with drugs?

Tell his family what he said.

Only God can help him..
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Lobolintin(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2015
I was a die hard stammerer them ,dad pays almost all bills from broken glass to bulb, done by my friends but pass it to me due to my inability to yarn. Today I can talk for 12 hours non stop ....

He needs to always breath in before talking ,and avoid anger

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by mart2k(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=ritababe post=39627899]Lol because he is a stammerer he think he has nothing to offer, well he should know that the man that divide the red sea for isarelite to pass through was also a stammerer.
Or im never see stammerer wey dey sing before
[/quoteYea, uar very right. If u ar a Yoruba woman, u wil knw late fuji king, Sikiru Ayinde a.k.a Barrister. He ws a stammerer yet he sang gud music. What surprise me is that u only know about his defect wen he ws not singing. I op u understand wat m trying to say]
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by justmenoni: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2015
Op tell him to commit suicide... Mtschwwww their are lots of people out there who are deaf and dumb,some with autism, others with various ailments and syndromes yet he is worried cos he's a stammer...

He should be more concerned about other stuffs I.e education, finance,marriage etc...some people will give up all they have just to have a child (even if the child will stammer or deaf and dumb)..

Op na play ooo tell him not to give up or sorry don't giv up cos my instinct keeps saying u are d one but nairalanders are known to always hv a friend,brother,sister,relatives etc who has the problem..
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by seniorklop: 10:43am On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
thanks a lot but we live in ondo state.. How do we connect you from here?

That is great! I'm in Akure, we can help you with your order and have it delivered to you in Ondo.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by ernesty20(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2015
seniorklop:

That is great! I'm in Akure, we can help you with your order and have it delivered to you in Ondo.
we stay at ore presently
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Lordnewton1(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2015
He should learn to breath between words like:
That is // my father's // car.
Atleast people will understand what he's trying to say and with time he will get use to dat way of talking and it will replace stammering.
Secondly, he should be well collected and composed before engaging in any form of arguement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by olagbemi118(m): 11:55am On Nov 03, 2015
I know the MD/CEO of a leading paints producing company and he is a stammerer! It hurts me when people don't see the good in them
SMH
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by nigmarelli(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
mployer:

He should thank God he can talk and hear. There are plenty deaf and dumb people around, they are not killing themselves yet.

He should learn to talk slowly and avoid heated arguments.
Sad indeed that people still do these things but i do know that there is some kind of cure(singing).MacAnthony the singer was a stutterer/stammerer once when he took to singing.The stuttering went away.There are many other examples too.Cheer him up and encourage him to try it out.He'll be surprised how far it'll improve.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Maximus85(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
great points u have got there.. Thanks very much

You're welcome.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by MGeey(f): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
Join a chorale group. The singing helps a lot.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by seniorklop: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:
we stay at ore presently

It does not matter where you stay in as much you can pay for the products and courier charges.
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by fullblast(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Suicide must never be an option. I was once a chronic stutter but I over came it by following d following steps

1.LOVE: Love who? Love yourself. Nobody can love u more than u apart from God. Look in2 d mirror and admire wot u see, say great tins to yourself like: am strong and determined to be a smooth talker come 2016.

2.BREATH CONTROL: Speech is only possible when one is breathing out. Stutters do it the other way round by breathing in while unsuccesfully trying to speak. In your leisure time, learn how to breathe in n out slowly so as to master d dynamics and unlearn d wrong habit of breathing in n talking at d same time

3.ANXIETY n ANGER:Anger is one major challenge because it stems from frustration of not being understood n heard; in that frenzy anxiety sets in and muddles up d whole thing as the stutter is trying to catch his breath to talk, his mind is racing in between what listeners think of him and how hastily he can talk to cover up d stuttering, all resulting in a lock jam of speech. D antidote to this is learning how to speak slowly, each word one by one until d sentence is complete. Practise this for like 3months then increase d speech-speed gradually. Although I still stutter once in a while, its not noticeable now

4.SUPPORT: Family members n friends have a lot to do here. Even if u have to laugh or make jest, let it be within d reasonable limit. When a stammerer gets in2 a speech-holdup, a friend can help by explaining to odas what u assume he wants to say, he needs time to catch his breath.

Nobody was like u, nobody is like u; nobody will ever be like u.
You are very special and unique.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by bobcharly(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
..and one of my friends, A CHRONIC stammerer during our school days, will be ordained a Catholic priest in few weeks time...how he manages to construct excellent speeches is still a suprise...so I believe it can be controlled, just believe in yourself and work on it

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Awesomeking: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
I have been a stammerer since birth,the key is to talk slowly,live slowly,and surely.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
ZUBY77:

Yeah.. My blog suddenly become crap because we have different approach to the same issue.
Isn't this why I refer to you lots as block heads and animals.
Oh, did it sting?? cheesy
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by delishpot: 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
Demigods:

Rubbish#

grin grin your oppinion I guess
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by andyjwe(m): 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
I was also a stammer, I suffered and endure the condition many years, the most horrible times for me is when I try to explain a quarrel or when I try to greet people in the morning (it was hell) but I prayed strongly about it and today I am not just free but I am now a public speaker (motivational speaker) THE GREATEST FORM OF PRIDE IS PRAYERLESSNESS, when you don't pray you simply saying to God "I know too much" Prayer simply means involving God. WHEN GOD IS INVOLVED, THE CASE IS RESOLVED. Locate any Winners Chapel Church around you and talk to God about this, God is too faithful to fail
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
lol.e get one guy for my lodge.....if we dey argue footbal and d guy wan talk.i go just dey cry cuz chai.....cuz if im close eye cuz use extended emphatic stress....ronaldo go turn ro o o o o o o o n n nal d d d d d d d d d d d d d d do....
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by cbrass(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
sweatlana:

My dear na God win o
At some point I was hpeless

I think I stopped around 18yrs old, I was very unhappy one day a visitor came and was wondering why a portion of the bed which happen to be where I slept was wet,he didn't want to believe I wet the bed that day, but somehow I stopped I noticed that a dream alot of bed wetting and when I wake it becomes a reality so any time that dream comes ehn na to fly like Superman go toilet,
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Daniel4wap: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
Bobbieydeey:
Should the shell be washed after removing the snail?
any how u which to use it. but no use soap wash am
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Youngetskilz23(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
Cool
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by frob0genius(f): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
ernesty20:

Tell your friend to read about Sam Berns and most importantly tell him to watch his talk on 'my philosophy for a happy life' . If this doesn't help then....
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
Lobolintin:
I was a die hard stammerer them ,dad pays almost all bills from broken glass to bulb, done by my friends but pass it to me due to my inability to yarn. Today I can talk for 12 hours non stop ....

He needs to always breath in before talking ,and avoid anger
Die-hard stammerer ...very funny expression . Na you be Bruce willis ?
What steps did you take ?
Re: Please Help A Friend. He Is About To Commit Suicide!! by Lobolintin(m): 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Die-hard stammerer ...very funny expression . Na you be Bruce willis ?
What steps did you take ?

after u don yab me ?
thunder fire ur left yansh dia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Early Signs Of Cancer / Ladies: Expert Tips On How To Care For Your Fertility Before Marriage / 10 Patients Go Blind After Injection In A Kaduna Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.