Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” (46950 Views)

Teebillz: Father Is The Most Influential Book A Son Will Read On Character / Damilola Adegbite & Chris Attoh’s Marriage Crashes? (Details) / Actress Damilola Attoh Sexy In Bedroom Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Lanceslot:
Janet I don't know you from anywhere and I don't wona join issues with you, but understand that the person you are messing with is "THE BIG BOSS" which means you are messing with the wrong guy, show his some respect. Enough!!
Hello... are you trying to instigate a war here or you skipped the part where he called her names before she retaliated ..Big or small, everyone deserves some level of respect ok?.. not that I like verbal abuses, but I think its fair you remain neutral here and not because you know the other person more than the other.

8 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by xynerise: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2015
Discipline my child if he or she messes up but don't leave a scar on his/her body. You will lick them out that day
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Dallazday(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
If my child does something bad, let the teacher tell me; the parent, and i will deal with him/her myself. Do you know how many children have died in the hands of teachers in Nigeria? Corporate punishment needs to end, many lives have been lost because of that

madam, stop saying rubbish!! How many have died? How many do u know of? Mrs lai Muhammad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
Badassniggga:
do u mean threatening not to give the child food or amateur punishment? tell me something new. even my future chlid knws s/he won't be spared anytime s/he decides to act animalistic. appropriate disciplinary action will be executed.

what you need to understand is that teachers dont just teach the child how to read or write, they teach them obedience towards elders etc...

I used to pick two kids up from school a while back. When the youngest child sees me, he would drop his bag at my feet whether or not my hands are wide open to receive it. Initially, I would ask him to pick it up but he would refuse and he never did. However one day, I failed to ask him. I didn't move from where I was then he asked me what I was waiting for. I told that I was waiting for him to hand over his bag to me, he merely looked at me angrily for a while then he bent down, picked the bag and handed it over to me. That was the last time he would throw his bag on the floor and by the time we got halfway home, he was already smiling.

I didn't shout neither did I touch him. The point of my epistle is that you can achieve results without getting violent or creating a tense atmosphere. There is no hard and fast rule. Think and experimwnwt till you get your desired result. Keep the issue between yourselves, communicate efdectively so that he/she knows that the behaviour won't be tolerated and respect yourself.

11 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Alfred234(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
I support beating but too much beating or unreasonable beating is what I won't take from any teacher.. if I have a child and he/she comes home with an injury as a result of beating from the teacher I'll make sure I teach that teacher a lesson. sometimes beating the child is not necessary you can talk to the child in a way that will make the child regret his/her actions.
I remember while growing up sometimes when I do something wrong my mum won't beat me, instead she would talk to me and the things she would say will make me feel so bad and hurt that I would have preferred her to beat me.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MeandSum: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
agabaI23:
May be you should teach your son at home ma.... kiss

What does beating a child and teaching him have in common? it's barbaric at best. If beating works, Africa would be number 1 in all subjects and all new inventions would be coming out of that continent. But we're seeing the exact opposite.

Do you have children? how often do you beat them?

6 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by bronzegoddess(f): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
OlufemiWhit:
I tire for am oooo......still don't understand why they have to face the devil, sey na imm get the pikin
na devil get d pikin abi cheesy
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Excellentmind: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
Why not do the teaching yourself instead of talking nonsense in public. This ranting will not save your child from being flogged in as much as you send him to school and heaven will not fall.

Besides, spare the rod and spoil the child, so says the Holy Bible.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
You would like it if a teacher beats ur child?

there is a diff between 'beat' and 'discipline'. I'd rather send my child to a millitary sch cos the educational ssystem in Nigeria is failed. For discipline?Yes. For beating? No!
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MeandSum: 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
ZUBY77:

Let me just spare you this evening.
Afterall you are my Igbo sister.

But take my word, flogging a child moderately is good for their upbringing.
It will save you from seeking deliverance for him in the rogue churches all over the place later on in life.

Have a good day.

Not sure which books you've authored... parenting is not one of them for sure. So, keep your BS to yourself. OK?
flogging achieves absolutely nothing! it creates fear, understandably. But that's it. There are millions of ways to bring up or teach a child without beating.

6 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MadCow1: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
Vivipop:
@Madcow1 That name Sir P brings back some hurtful memories? Did you by any chance school at LOGISS? Please excuse my inquisitiveness.

Na..

I went to ISSPHC

Lol.. Funny how we both attended International Secondary Schools.. grin
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by 4reala(m): 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
tevinsolt:

the school is paid to impact knowledge not crack the whip like it's the 1600s
u 4get dat beautiful saying "spare d rod and spoil d child"
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by 4reala(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
Temysteve:
dnt blame u dough. U ar not a woman, so u dnt go thru any pain. Feel free to #blalala...
is it a lady talking here u 4get dat beautiful saying "spare d rod and spoil d child"
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MeandSum: 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
Excellentmind:
Why not do the teaching yourself instead of talking nonsense in public. This ranting will not save your child from being flogged in as much as you send him to school and heaven will not fall.

Besides, spare the rod and spoil the child, so says the Holy Bible.

Get your facts straight first, then you can bend them whichever way you like.
Nowhere in the bible would you find that statement! Nowhere. If you insist it is from the bible, then, give me the translation you're using. You'll not find anything close to "spare the rod and spoil the child".

What you're trying to ascribe to the bible was written one thousand seven hundred years after the last book of the bible was written or fabricated.

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by thelish(f): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
If my child does something bad, let the teacher tell me; the parent, and i will deal with him/her myself. Do you know how many children have died in the hands of teachers in Nigeria? Corporate punishment needs to end, many lives have been lost because of that

Do u know how many kids dat also die in d hands of their parents? nobody discipline to kill. unless dem don kill d pikin for koven already. lol
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by twinskenny(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
Why dont you flog the child urself? You of all people should know how best to flog him. If your child gets injured by the teacher nko?

so if your child misbehave at school.. what level of punishment wil u recommend for the teacher?
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MeandSum: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
preciousMI1:
I studied education not by mistake but by choice... reinforcement is necessary... I'll flog ur son if he breaks d rule else u take him and home school....

New generation parents

Since you're an educator, let me ask you some questions.

1) Do you have kids of your own? If yes, how often do you flog them?
2) which class do you teach?
3) how close are you to your students?

There's more power in caring about a student (even if you only pretend to) than holding the cane over them. The concern of disappointing someone is far more effective than the fear of punishment from my experience.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by thelish(f): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
MadCow1:
After what I experienced in school, I have to agree with her.

Teachers should educate my kids, write reports on their performance both socially and academically to me (the Parents) and allow me handle the disciplinary aspect.

The truth is that most of these teachers are simply beasts. I remember how we had one teacher who flogged students like it was a sport. Whenever any teacher wanted to met out cruel and unusual punishment on a student, they always called Sir. P.

I remember how he was busy flogging an entire class for noise making and when it got to us guys, he flogged us and we didn't cry, flinch or act out like others, he decided to keep flogging us until we reacted. In the end, he broke some of our skins and blood started flowing and a friend ended up with a broken wrist.

Please, Teachers should teach.. Kids are not animals that should be raised with sticks. This fear tactics of raising kids may be part of the reasons for the lack of creativity amongst African children. Ever since my younger brother moved abroad, that shy, quiet and docile kid has come out of his shell. He is now more expressive and his character growth has improved. His academics are exceptional as well.

Its only in Africa that when a child fails a test, we flog the child instead of teaching the child.

In the Upper class schools in Nigeria where the kids of the rich and famous attend, this canning culture does not exist. Mostly Public schools and some yeye class private schools still do that bullshit.

NOTE::I am not against flogging or canning.. I am just against somebody else doing it to my kid without my direct supervision or specific consent.
Was he not previously taught before d failure? which kind teaching u want again? lol
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by thelish(f): 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
V0lv0:
Some of these comments shows that Nigerians are sick. It is not up to a teacher to discipline or flog someone else kids. It's up to the parents. In a normal civilized country such an act can even get the teacher suspended.

I agree with Damilola. The day any teacher ever lays hands on any of my kids will be the last day they will lay hands on anybody. Kwasiasem

we never civilize reach dat level.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by crownwealth68(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
Dirty talk. Keep ur child and do the teaching urself period.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MeandSum: 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
CandyBar:
What is it with these people and not beating children??

In 20 years.......no parent will be able to control their child.

That's exactly why you should find a better way to bring up your kids than beating them.
can you imagine if you're beating your kids now and then 40 years down the line you need their help. What would you threaten them with. cane?
what they'll remember is the love you gave them... not the beating.

unconditional love between parents and their kids is a far more lasting relationship than that based on fear.
Create a boundary and let them know what happens when they get out of it and why it is bad for everyone. It would work 95% of the time.

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by DocAdray(f): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
I support teachers flogging/caning disobedient and ill-mannered kids, even mine. What I won't tolerate is unnecessary trauma, injury or inhumane punishment meted out to my kids.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by attention007(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
So teachers association of Nigeria is following her on Instagram right?
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by thelish(f): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
Why don't you go and wash your brain because its full of sh**t. Stupid, messed up mentality you have there. People like you are the reason Nigeria will NEVER MOVE FOWARD

I see d reason for laziness on d part of nowadays kids. They will even tell a teacher, I don't feel like writing. why is ur assignment not done? I was tired wen I got home. Dem nor born u well to reply olden days teachers like dis na. All d same new generation parents are d major cause. Some will say, dem tear my belle bring am out oo, nor be joke for labour room, like they are d first to do CS or enter labour room. My uncle's son who is paying 200k plus school fees, rushed into d house with so much excitement shouting I passed with his result. Dem open am, na 26 out of 26. The maid was given 10k to go get sharwama n ice cream for him. Na dat day I know say wahala dey ooo.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by attention007(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
Even the western world discipline kids in school...so madam if u can't take it, build your own school
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by OtunbaJ: 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Madam, pls u can tutor ur child urself or better still send him to abroad fm nursary 1 to his uni level so dt no teacher will touch him. No wonder d society is fast losing its moral standard. Una child go grow up dey bit una, una go dey shout na 1 old woman 4 una village not knowing u ar d architect of ur problems. Miteeeeeew, ose oda
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by tevinsolt: 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
4reala:
u 4get dat beautiful saying "spare d rod and spoil d child"

neither I've i heard, let everyone join in flogging your child, cuz you know you can't have them spoilt.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by MeandSum: 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
attention007:
Even the western world discipline kids in school...so madam if u can't take it, build your own school

how do you think they discipline kids in school? by flogging them?

In Ukraine, you'll have a very hard time expelling even the most hyperactive pupil talkless of disciplining them. All the teacher does is call their parents to school like every other day... when no result, the teacher can extend their time in school for about 30-45 minutes under the pretext of
re-explaining the subject he/she missed while misbehaving. It get's really boring for the parent and pupil soon enough.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Billygee2u: 12:20am On Nov 04, 2015
agabaI23:
May be you should teach your son at home ma.... kiss
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by themanderon: 12:25am On Nov 04, 2015
CEOplexy:
If you don't allow teachers to discipline your child, you will bear the brunt in the future

I tell you that's the reason why we have a lot of untrained and disrespectful youths everywhere cos we want to copy the perverse western ways of doing things. I was flogged and disciplined when I was a kid and I won't mind any teacher doing the same to my kids if they misbehave that's it.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:57am On Nov 04, 2015
People often make the mistake that "To DISCIPLNE means to PUNISH" NO!!! The word Discipline can be traced down to the disciples in the bible where its understood to be "TO TEACH & TO GUIDE"
Punishment is used to correct & control but should be used in an okay manner & not to induce fear. As a young boy, I grow up with so much fear of my dad that even in my 20's, I couldn't even sit & watch tv in the same room with him without feeling Uncomfortable. The rod wasn't spared on me atallzzz, yes it got me under control but my relationship with dad suffered.
Children are often punished for making mistakes but if you watch the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. If we never fell down we wouldn't have learnt to walk. A Little Punishment but lots of discipline is key. Make your child your friend & not to be seen as a demi-god #Talking from Life experience

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by solinho(m): 1:44am On Nov 04, 2015
JanethEze:
If my child does something bad, let the teacher tell me; the parent, and i will deal with him/her myself. Do you know how many children have died in the hands of teachers in Nigeria? CORPORATE punishment needs to end, many lives have been lost because of that

. Its is CORPORAL punishment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mama G, Mr. Ibu, Others Visit Actor (harry A.) In Hospital After Hoodlum Attack / Odunlade Adekola Is Through With His Exam At UNILAG (Photo) / Orezi Celebrates His Birthday, Calls Himself 'Sexiest Man Alive'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.