Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” (46957 Views)

Teebillz: Father Is The Most Influential Book A Son Will Read On Character / Damilola Adegbite & Chris Attoh’s Marriage Crashes? (Details) / Actress Damilola Attoh Sexy In Bedroom Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by fart: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
Haba
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by JanethEze(f): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
Let everyone note that this niccur ZUBY77 is an author of 12 books and goes around insulting women for airing their views on child discipline in school. He is a sexist and an emotionally violent person.

ZUBY77:

Please send it to Linda Ikeji.
I see she thinks for you.
I think for myself Janet.
I give no damn about any Linda anything.
And if she as much as say what I didn't do, I will go after her. Ask about me.
And yep, I have a website. So I believe I am no longer Illiterate now.
And yep, I am an author of 12 Books..
That makes me vast in many ways.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Beey(f): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
preciousMI1:
I studied education not by mistake but by choice... reinforcement is necessary... I'll flog ur son if he breaks d rule else u take him and home school....

New generation parents
Some teachers infact ,many teachers cane the children based on issues other than classroom issues.For instance if they dislike someone from your family or are jealous of your family's status such as financially or socially, just to name a few.They'll now be using the deep-rooted hatred to pick on the student at any given opportunity.This would make any student to be walking on egg-shells anytime they are in the classroom not knowing what's coming next.Yes, some are devil's incarnates parading as teachers.Besides, teachers go to study education in order to gain teaching skills .They don't study martial arts because school is not a war zone.Thank God here in the US they don't cane children, otherwise am 110% with Dami on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by karashita: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Na wah for people o.
I read her comments.She premised her submission on the reports that in recent times, teachers beat students like 'animals'.
To an extent,i agree with her.It would appear the problems in Nigeria have taken a toll on teachers,turning them into frustrated souls who are out to brutalise students.The result is,many of the students now live in fear.This should not be.
I attended public primary and secondary schools and i can say boldly that my teachers did not brutalise me.They counselled us a lot, sharing life experiences with us.I remember Baba Adeniyi would always go around with his cane buy i did not see him once use it at the flimsiest of excuse.
To the glory of God,i make bold to say i turned out well.
No matter how much you beat a child,they would turn bad if they want to.Indiscriminate whipping is not discipline;that is wickedness,and most teachers these days are guilty of wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by GoodFaith: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Prinzofparis:

have you schooled abroad probably at the tertiary level ? compare African students performance is all aspects with their foreign counterparts and see the difference. You cannot teach well and deep without discipline. Though there is a level of discipline but it should be instilled by the school and teachers. some kids just distract other s repeatedly...if such a child is sent home every time, that doesn't stop such a child from affecting and influencing others whose parent don't have time for handling school reports every time.
in summary, there are different types of schools...select the one you think best fits your child....

as for me I am in support of using cane and other disciplinary measures to caution a child who knowingly, intentionally and repeatedly misbehaves. if my child misbehaves at home, I am the child's teacher at home, I will discipline my child my own way...but if my child misbehaves in school....pleeeeeease dear teacher, you are my child's parent and mentor in school, do what you must to help shape my child into the right personality... that's your job!!!...not just book, pen and paper.....but morals, ethics, punctuality, speed, respect, teamwork, and most importantly integrity. ......my view tho.

" I am in support of using cane and other disciplinary measures to caution a child who knowingly"
please repeat
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by ZUBY77(m): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
Let everyone note that this niccur ZUBY77 is an author of 12 books and goes around insulting women for airing their views on child discipline in school. He is a sexist and an emotionally violent person.

Let me just spare you this evening.
Afterall you are my Igbo sister.

But take my word, flogging a child moderately is good for their upbringing.
It will save you from seeking deliverance for him in the rogue churches all over the place later on in life.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Pidggin(f): 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
This silly Damilola sha, don't worry when your child becomes a teenager you will regret this statement.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by caprini1: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
my fine art teacher in secondary school flogs both parent and child. grin

3 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by GoodFaith: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
some of this your kids need real ass whipping
Some of the bad ass kids are coming to North America
Guess what? the kids born in North America are better than some of this fuckers

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by klax(m): 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
In as much I can understand her anger I think she is right and have every reason to warn all these teachers for real. The abuse is too much today you heard teacher flogged a student to death tomorrow teacher rape a boy next tomorrow teacher do this or that horrible horrible things wveryday.

Though I 100% support discipline but not abuse or flog and as a matter of fact some teacher deliberately puck on a child fir no reason we all pass through and we know shat it is.

My own word is any teacher that abuse my child your new christening name is * sorry* because he or she will get back the beating of her life. Discipline my child in a right way I love it but for me to see blood stain in his or her shirt as a result if flogging trust me that teacher is a gonner. No offense it's my own opinion it's a free world.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by easzypeaszy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
I personally will not let anyone or any teacher beat or flog my child. If anything hapens nko? Wetin the teacher go do.?

hmmmm if u're a teacher u mst flog..u say I shld nt touch any child n a child now hit d head of ur child on wall n blood start goshin out so I shld spare d boy abi until he kil pikin for my class...if u dnt flog my sistr effectv teachin wl nt tak place..jst folow d rules of flogin lik hit on d hand lik five stroke..remember u hv lots of chldrn in class n if u dnt use kane u scare dem dey wl nvr I say nvr tak u serious..even u dat gave birth to d chld flog d child wen he's wrong nt to talk of teacher...na craze dey worry dat lady

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by FisifunKododada: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
cool See as she fine. Vaseline crew where u na dey o?
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Cre8(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
And that's how kids are spoilt. "Spare the rod and spoil the child".
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by maputohq: 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
V0lv0:

If the kids misbehave there are other punishments the at they can be given. Worse case even a suspension. Let their parents beat them if they want to beat their own kids. You have no right to hit anyone's kids at all.
Wrong! Beating of a child under 16 is allowed so far the force is reasonable. Under Nigerian law.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by V0lv0(f): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
Prinzofparis:

have you schooled abroad probably at the tertiary level ? compare African students performance is all aspects with their foreign counterparts and see the difference. You cannot teach well and deep without discipline. Though there is a level of discipline but it should be instilled by the school and teachers. some kids just distract other s repeatedly...if such a child is sent home every time, that doesn't stop such a child from affecting and influencing others whose parent don't have time for handling school reports every time.
in summary, there are different types of schools...select the one you think best fits your child....

as for me I am in support of using cane and other disciplinary measures to caution a child who knowingly, intentionally and repeatedly misbehaves. if my child misbehaves at home, I am the child's teacher at home, I will discipline my child my own way...but if my child misbehaves in school....pleeeeeease dear teacher, you are my child's parent and mentor in school, do what you must to help shape my child into the right personality... that's your job!!!...not just book, pen and paper.....but morals, ethics, punctuality, speed, respect, teamwork, and most importantly integrity. ......my view tho.

So in your mind you believe that those African students who did well and are doing well is because of teachers beating them. So when teachers beat children they develop extraordinary brain cells? If that is the case them every student the teacher beats should be a genius grin grin

Do you ever wonder why most immigrant that go to foreign countries end up doing better then the locals there? It's simply because those that go abroad have a purpose. They do not have the same opportunities as the locals so they work extra hard because they know they have to do that to make it. This is why you will find that most times you do better than the locals because you have more drive. So then you will feel that SA are lazy, Ghanaians are lazy, Kenyans are lazy, AA are lazy. That's just how it is.

I will admit that some African countries generally place education as high priority and we push our children to excel no matter what. This is the drive that they take with them wanting to be the best they can be. It's not about beating the child black and blue or the teacher showing discipline. More likely than not studious kids hardly misbehave. They are usually the goody too shoes so I doubt the teacher would even be hitting them at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Hannysmilez(f): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Sooooo...the teachers are on IG?
Me mah tire for her oh. She should follow them to schools and stop clogging people's timelines.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by V0lv0(f): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
easzypeaszy:
hmmmm if u're a teacher u mst flog..u say I shld nt touch any child n a child now hit d head of ur child on wall n blood start goshin out so I shld spare d boy abi until he kil pikin for my class...if u dnt flog my sistr effectv teachin wl nt tak place..jst folow d rules of flogin lik hit on d hand lik five stroke..remember u hv lots of chldrn in class n if u dnt use kane u scare dem dey wl nvr I say nvr tak u serious..even u dat gave birth to d chld flog d child wen he's wrong nt to talk of teacher...na craze dey worry dat lady

The child can be expelled and disciplinary action can be taken. The deed is already done so what would flogging him do? What if in the process you also cause blood to spill out of his head? As a mature adult tit for tat is not right. If someone stabs you in stomach must I now stab him in the stomach undecided

That is why the police is there to deal with you and why there is a jail because if I had to stab you and kill you in process then I myself would be sent to jail

1 Like

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Temysteve(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
4reala:
Just buy all the teaching materials and teach ur children at home. Yeye de smell
dnt blame u dough. U ar not a woman, so u dnt go thru any pain. Feel free to #blalala...
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by ODUBEZE: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
MadCow1:
After what I experienced in school, I have to agree with her.

Teachers should educate my kids, write reports on their performance both socially and academically to me (the Parents) and allow me handle the disciplinary aspect.

The truth is that most of these teachers are simply beasts. I remember how we had one teacher who flogged students like it was a sport. Whenever any teacher wanted to met out cruel and unusual punishment on a student, they always called Sir. P.

I remember how he was busy flogging an entire class for noise making and when it got to us guys, he flogged us and we didn't cry, flinch or act out like others, he decided to keep flogging us until we reacted. In the end, he broke some of our skins and blood started flowing and a friend ended up with a broken wrist.

Please, Teachers should teach.. Kids are not animals that should be raised with sticks. This fear tactics of raising kids may be part of the reasons for the lack of creativity amongst African children. Ever since my younger brother moved abroad, that shy, quiet and docile kid has come out of his shell. He is now more expressive and his character growth has improved. His academics are exceptional as well.

Its only in Africa that when a child fails a test, we flog the child instead of teaching the child.

In the Upper class schools in Nigeria where the kids of the rich and famous attend, this canning culture does not exist. Mostly Public schools and some yeye class private schools still do that bullshit.

NOTE::I am not against flogging or canning.. I am just against somebody else doing it to my kid without my direct supervision or specific consent.
Truly they are not animals but sometimes they cannot help it they act like one

U tell them not to do something but they do! U cannot spare the rod and spoil the child!
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
JanethEze:
If my child does something bad, let the teacher tell me; the parent, and i will deal with him/her myself. Do you know how many children have died in the hands of teachers in Nigeria? Corporate punishment needs to end, many lives have been lost because of that

How many ma have u seen?
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Adiwana: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
there is a difference btw abuse and Discipline..

i was DIsciplined by my parents and teachers and today it didnt kill me,.. was given words of advice and today i came out fine..dont see the need to fight here

Teachers will discipline my kids.if you want yours too fine,you dont want it fine.whatever rocks your Boat
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by blessedfavoured: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
adahib:

Let me tell you what happened in my neighborhood. There was a very stubborn kid whose mum never wanted anybody to lay a finger on. One day in school,he tore another pupil's uniform and was flogged by a teacher. He reported to his mum when he got home. The next day, the mum got some policemen and threatened all the teachers in the school. Since that day, all the teachers avoided the kid. No matter what he did,none of the teachers will even look in his direction,let alone tell him to stop. All they did was pick a phone and call the mum. The mum was called over 20 times a day. It went something like this "madam your son is pulling off his buttons, better come stop him;your son is eating his lunch by 10a.m,better come stop him or bring another one for him;your son is crying that he wants to go, please come and either take him home or make him stop." The mum had to go to school repeatedly everyday. The kid's behavior deteriorated and his school performance dropped. The mum had to pull him from the school to another where she maintained a low profile and allowed the teachers a free hand.

This is the problem.
This mother has actually FAILED as a parent. Why should your child have to disrespect and disobey teachers in school upon all your beatings at home and "rodding" and supposed training.
I can tell you, we(my sis and I) were never beat at home but we were raised right, with morals and respect for elders. We were teachers favourites in school, I can't remember ever getting beat or punished because I decided to be rebelious except the general punishment. Not everytime beat, its all about the foundation.

As a teenager, my dad caught me writing a love letter to my pen pal aka crush, I thought he was going to beat me that day, he took the letter from me and read it, and started telling me I didn't punctuate right and no guy likes a block head, don't write this, it doesn't make you look classy etc. Everytime my penpal writes me a note, after replying I will go and show daddy to help me vet and edit. If he had beaten me that day, I would just have been smartet and learned to hide the letter.

My cousin on the other hand that he and his father used to enter boxing ring, will scatter the school with trouble, got excluded from school countless times that no school wanted to accept him. He only calmed down when his dad calmed down.

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by engrjacuzzi: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
indirectly the male teachers can beat her daughter I hope she is ready to teach them from crèche to tertiary level.
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Temysteve(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
lasisi69:
End time
U need a brand new 'IQ' i think, coz i dnt see what brought end time post to dis thread!!
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Temysteve(m): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
omusiliyu:
Is either the teachers beat your children or your children beat you.
it depends on the way u nuture dem!
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by preciousMI1(f): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
enigma39:

You studied education and you were not taught that corporal punishment is unethical? There are other ways to punish a child than resorting to beating him or her. Simply withdrawing certain things the child enjoys could serve as a form of punishment, not inflicting bodily harm on them.

your opinion my dear... keep it to u and urs. reinforcements varies..
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by Prinzofparis: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
V0lv0:

So in your mind you believe that those African students who did well and are doing well is because of teachers beating them. So when teachers beat children the develop extraordinary brain cells? If that is the case them even student the teacher beats should be a genius grin grin

Do you ever wonder why most immigrant that go to foreign countries end up doing better then the locals there? It's simply because those that go abroad have a purpose. They do not have the same opportunities as the locals so they work extra hard because they know they have to do that to make it. This is why you will find that most times you do better than the locals because you have more drive. So then you will feel that SA are lazy, Ghanaians are lazy, Kenyans are lazy, AA are lazy. That's just how it is.

I will admit that some African countries generally place education as high priority and we push our children to excel no matter what. This is the drive that they take with them wanting to be the best they can be. It's not about beating the child black and blue or the teacher showing discipline. More likely than not studious lids hardly misbehave. They are usually the goody too shoes so I doubt the teacher would even be hitting them at all

you have a very valid point, but I still insist that discipline to correct is a part of teaching. some years back I was a teacher , I practiced the no cane rule..I had great results but I had a better result with the cane rule. some children are just something else...you won't be able to teach with such a child around. there are some that words will change and there are some who needs the discipline. not beating them foolishly but to show them their wrong. Peer pressure is very influential, a bad child will corrupt the good ones....no school wants that.
during my teaching years, students messed up the back of their class with papers and other stuffs and it was not a good sight......I pleaded with some of the student and they volunteered to clean up the place as the cleaners could not access that part of the compound. as the students were cleaning the place , the others who didn't volunteer started spitting on them from the upper floor.
that day, the proprietor who was a no cane logic woman picked up her cane and disciplined those students. the next day some parents came to cause trouble in school so the proprietress refunded their school fees and expelled the students straight up. she even added 'discipline' to the schools motor. today she's getting her reward as its the only school in the area where parents want their children to be in.

anyway, its not a topic to be argued because we are all humans and our ideologies must differ. this is why we have different types of schools, some have discipline and some don't.....as for me, I will send my kids to schools with good disciplinary measures....
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by miqos02(m): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
interesting
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by preciousMI1(f): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
Beey:
Some teachers infact ,many teachers cane the children based on issues other than classroom issues.For instance if they dislike someone from your family or are jealous of your family's status such as financially or socially, just to name a few.They'll now be using the deep-rooted hatred to pick on the student at any given opportunity.This would make any student to be walking on egg-shells anytime they are in the classroom not knowing what's coming next.Yes, some are devil's incarnates parading as teachers.Besides, teachers go to study education in order to gain teaching skills .They don't study martial arts because school is not a war zone.Thank God here in the US they don't cane children, otherwise am 110% with Dami on this one.

I found out that its only women that quoted me so far... I know that feeling tho....
Thank God here is Nigeria not U.S.. my dear a real teacher won't vent on a child based on home affairs at least my type of teacher -;
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by saintmark88(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
This eediot huz talking rubbish abt no teacher beating her kid, was she not beating wen she was a kid by a teacher, put her in a class and she wud kill someone else's kid.....annoying
Re: Damilola Attoh: “Any Teacher That Touches My Son Will Face The Devil” by JanethEze(f): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
Oh just shut up. author of 12 books by bloody a$$, some stupid girls will be falling for this usless lie you are spreading. You are obviously the one that was possessed as a child but sadly, ur parents didnt even care enough to send you to a pastor. Thats why an old man is here insulting people that didnt even mention you in their comment. Well, you cannot reason with a f00l and you are definitely one. I pity your wife, ur children and everyone around u

ZUBY77:

Let me just spare you this evening.
Afterall you are my Igbo sister.

But take my word, flogging a child moderately is good for their upbringing.
It will save you from seeking deliverance for him in the rogue churches all over the place later on in life.

Have a good day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Steps Out Stylish For A Wedding / 'My Kids Are Beautiful' - Dr Sid Poses With His Kids / Cynthia Morgan Rocks Leggings With Sneakers To Oga Madam Show: Hit Or Miss?(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.