Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,563 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. (25474 Views)

Lesbo-ville: The Meet Up Place For Lesbians / 3rd Annual UK "BBQOMGWTF Come and chop enjoyment" Summer Meet up! / *****Annual Summer Bbq Meet Up! Please Register Your Interest***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by follypimpi(m): 12:47am On May 12, 2009
@Debo

If am not prying,what part of Brum is she from
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tope5000: 12:48am On May 12, 2009
debosky:

@ Tope

This is a naija brummie chick - she is very posh. cool

Work on June and get back to me - I need to go work on my potbelly so I can wear my net top to the party. grin grin

Ka ma gbo shocked shocked shocked
pls hire a personal trainer sharp sharp cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by debosky(m): 12:51am On May 12, 2009
follypimpi:

@Debo

If am not prying,what part of Brum is she from

Dunno what the locale is called, I just know it's not far from the Uni in town.

Ok now that we have a potential venue thanks to Chamo and Tope, we need to set an agenda. Are we going to have food or is it just partying at night? Are we gonna have a meet up for lunch and then hit KOKO at night? I'd rather see people in the daylight. I don' t want to end up dancing with some ayamatanga in the darkness of the club. grin
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tope5000: 12:53am On May 12, 2009
debosky:

Ok now that we have a potential venue thanks to Chamo and Tope, we need to set an agenda. Are we going to have food or is it just partying at night? Are we gonna have a meet up for lunch and then hit KOKO at night? I'd rather see people in the daylight. I don' t want to end up dancing with some ayamatanga in the darkness of the club. grin

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Well said. . . .i concur wink
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 1:10am On May 12, 2009
chamotex:

Actually they are as slow as Bleep but they'll give you 150%.  cheesy
I'm the fastest player in the team. I'm too quick for them

Then you are faster than me. . . . .

Apart from that, those white chicks over there are all over me like rashes.  grin
Even 2 sisters are fighting to get my attention right now, maybe I should give one of them to you.

White chics in Leatherhead/Cobham??
Let John Terry catch u with his sister. cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Nobody: 1:13am On May 12, 2009
debosky:

@ Tope

This is a naija brummie chick - she is very posh. cool

Work on June and get back to me - I need to go work on my potbelly so I can wear my net top to the party.  grin grin

Hen hen I knew it!!! That's why you only show your face on your profile.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by follypimpi(m): 2:03am On May 12, 2009
debosky:

Oh ok,well anytime u r Up in Brum,let me knw i live in Town.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2009
9 bloody thread pages and nothing to show for it, no wonder the expatraites in Naija laugh at us that we can not organise a queue.  undecided

Can people just cut the crap and be constructive instead of engaging in some lame flirting/cat fight that makes me cringe.

I don't know if the OP wants to retake control from here and take inputs from those that have structured contributions to find out the:

Best location and venue (ideal, if someone has a big house with a garden, I wouldn't expect more than 30 people will show up)

Desired date/weekend period (if we can't agree on a date, weekend period is a good start)

Financial approach (contributions required? Or someone owns a cash n carry and is offering)

Desired amenities (PS3, DJ, BBQ, Drinks, Speed dating games, Pole for pole dancing, whatever floats people's boats)

Accountability for all of the above (Names specified for those to organise and help the OP)

Ideally, the moderator should delete anything that does not help in gathering these info from here henceforth.

Tired of this naija approach to things.  undecided
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tpiah: 4:44pm On May 12, 2009
make una hold am for Lagos!

e go dey sharp sharp with no detour. wink
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2009
For me,

Anywhere in London or within M25, be it Harlesdene, Bishops Avenue, Brixton, Hackney, Chelsea, Leatherhead, Muswell Hill, Belgravia whatever. I want London because I know that is what is going to generate the biggest crowd.

BBQ, DJ and PS3 would be nice. As I know the demeanor of Naija girls, as long as there is PS3 I wouldn't even be bothered because I know I will not be dropping pad, hence will not have time to meet them well. The other pad can be rotated amongst all the other guys.

Also ready to donate.

Any Saturday afternoon to night will be fine. Very flexible on this.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by StrStruck(f): 4:54pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite, I love all your ideas but the BBQ should be kid-friendly, there should be no need for the pole because there should be no pole dancing.

Also, daytime is better than night-time.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 5:16pm On May 12, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Sagamite, I love all your ideas but the BBQ should be kid-friendly, there should be no need for the pole because there should be no pole dancing.

Also, daytime is better than night-time.

Honestly, the pole thing was an imaginative joke on my side.

I agree with the daytime start as well and have amended my post to reflect it.

I am happy to have a kid friendly event but I doubt that was the OP's original plan. But considering the member types of NL, it should be kid friendly . . . . . . (hopefully lipsrsealed, I can't vouch for what people will be doing when it turns to a night party).
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by StrStruck(f): 5:24pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite:

Honestly, the pole thing was an imaginative joke on my side.

lol let's not get too imaginative now. . .

Sagamite:

I agree with the daytime start as well and have amended my post to reflect it.

cool

Sagamite:

I am happy to have a kid friendly event but I doubt that was the OP's original plan. But considering the member types of NL, it should be kid friendly . . . . . . (hopefully lipsrsealed, I can't vouch for what people will be doing when it turns to a night party).

Night party? Please by 8 pm, the ladies would grab their keys and head to a club where there is greater than 1% chance of them dancing with a attractive guy.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 5:35pm On May 12, 2009
Starstruck,

What is your explicit preferences in regards to the 4 things above?

I think I have a clue but it will be nice if you are explicit about it.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 5:37pm On May 12, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Night party? Please by 8 pm, the ladies would grab their keys and head to a club where there is greater than 1% chance of them dancing with a attractive guy.

I don't think so. . . . .
The ladies would rather wait around and try and hook up with the NL blokes. . . .
Naija women in the UK are bored to death. This is a big opportunity for em to meet real Gent2Men.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 5:38pm On May 12, 2009
Sauron,

What are your preferences?
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by StrStruck(f): 5:41pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite:

Starstruck,

What is your explicit preferences in regards to the 4 things above?

I think I have a clue but it will be nice if you are explicit about it.

I don't live in the UK, so I have no preference. I actually think this would flop or not hold at all. I'm just here so see if I'll finally be proven wrong.

~Sauron~:

I don't think so. . . . .
The ladies would rather wait around and try and hook up with the NL blokes. . . .
Naija women in the UK are bored to death. This is a big opportunity for em to meet real Gent2Men.

No amount of boredom can make any sane woman try to hook up with many NL guys. . . not with their faces looking as scary as that lol.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Secretz(f): 5:48pm On May 12, 2009
Lmao! Abi!
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by StrStruck(f): 5:49pm On May 12, 2009
Secretz and I are waaaaay too posh for that.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by yme1(f): 5:50pm On May 12, 2009
seconed grin grin grin grin@star

so where is the party at people undecided
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by StrStruck(f): 5:51pm On May 12, 2009
Y'all should answer these questions

Sagamite:

Best location and venue (ideal, if someone has a big house with a garden, I wouldn't expect more than 30 people will show up)

Desired date/weekend period (if we can't agree on a date, weekend period is a good start)

Financial approach (contributions required? Or someone owns a cash n carry and is offering)

Desired amenities (PS3, DJ, BBQ, Drinks, Speed dating games, Pole for pole dancing, whatever floats people's boats)

Accountability for all of the above (Names specified for those to organise and help the OP)

Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 5:53pm On May 12, 2009
St☆rStruck:

No amount of boredom can make any sane woman try to hook up with many NL guys. . . not with their faces looking as scary as that lol.

You are taking the piss. . . . .
What do u take NL men in London for?
We are def'ly NOT as ugly as the ones in USA and other continents.
Why don't u come and see things for yourself?

@ Sagamite

Desired date: Any weekend in July/August.

Final Approach: We can contribute/Pay cash/wire transfer into ElRazur's account.

Desired Amenties: DJ(Hip-hop). . . .No Makossa, board games, PS3, Exotic drinks, NL babes in bikinis.

Accountability: ElRazur or Debosky.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2009
9 pages and u guys havent decided on anything

9ja ballers can sneak in when you guys are done with the logistics.

let us know when ure sorted o smiley
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2009

Desired date: Any weekend in July/August.

Final Approach: We can contribute/Pay cash/wire transfer into ElRazur's account.

Desired Amenties: DJ(Hip-hop). . . .No Makossa, board games, PS3, Exotic drinks, NL babes in bikinis.

Accountability: ElRazur or Debosky.
for real?
timing is perfect!!

@Pataki
hold on a bit for ur person to land b4 u come 9ja abeg.
we need to see dem babes 2geda grin
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by ElRazur: 6:03pm On May 12, 2009
Sagamite:

9 bloody thread pages and nothing to show for it, no wonder the expatraites in Naija laugh at us that we can not organise a queue.  undecided

Can people just cut the crap and be constructive instead of engaging in some lame flirting/cat fight that makes me cringe.

I don't know if the OP wants to retake control from here and take inputs from those that have structured contributions to find out the:

Ideally, the moderator should delete anything that does not help in gathering these info from here henceforth.

Tired of this naija approach to things.  undecided

Dude I left in disgust. It sucks when people wont quit acting like teenagers who are high on fizzy drinks and alcopops. **shakes head**

Yeah I am still up for it. I suggested a few places as requested way back, but the same people just didn't post anything meaningful to the effect.

Ideally, it would be nice if we can all have it done in a private place like someone's house. But I really do not know who's got that kind of space.

Given the fact [or what seems like one] that most who have shown an interest are local to central London, one way or the other, perhaps CL may be the venue? Unless there are objections etc.

As for entertainment, I am more than happy to bring  the spare tv - I think it is 37 or 42 inch Lcd. Another member promised a PS3 already, so we need to think of refreshment and music like you pointed out. If people are willing to make small financial contribution, we can get a caterer to take care of those easily.

The biggest issue will be venue. If we can get a place from a member, then we would have to reant a bar/hall etc. Now this bring in the issue of money,

Music can be supplied via boom box or we can look to get a dj, Again this will cost money.

Finally, Date and time will be ideally on a weekend - assuming majority of those coming want it on such day. And it would be nice to start like around Mid-day or probably evening time? Hopefully people won't turn up late. smiley
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:04pm On May 12, 2009
speed dating abi?

hehe please record that one for us to see grin
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by tkb417(m): 6:06pm On May 12, 2009
speed dating abi?

hehe please record that one for us to see
They have come again.

Elrazur
will money be a prob?
really dont think so if guys are down
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by StrStruck(f): 6:09pm On May 12, 2009
See how much it's going to cost, find the number of confirmed people coming, divide the amount amongst each of them.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2009
We have had preferences so far from:

Sagamite
Sauron
El Razur

So 3 guys down.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sauron1: 6:11pm On May 12, 2009
ElRazur:

As for entertainment, I am more than happy to bring  the spare tv - I think it is 37 or 42 inch Lcd. Another member promised a PS3 already, so we need to think of refreshment and music like you pointed out. If people are willing to make small financial contribution, we can get a caterer to take care of what those easily.

I can supply more game-pads. . . . .

The biggest issue will be venue. If we can get a place from a member, then we would have to reant a bar/hall etc. Now this bring in the issue of money,

Lets all journey down to Southend BEACH.
It's safe, has an amusement park nearby and it's a hood of fun in summer.

Music can be supplied via boom box or we can look to get a dj, Again this will cost money.

Chamotex/Brash are part-time DJs.

Finally, Date and time will be ideally on a weekend - assuming majority of those coming want it on such day. And it would be nice to start like around Mid-day or probably evening time? Hopefully people won't turn up late. smiley

Any saturday in July/August will do(before the Premiership season starts though).
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by ElRazur: 6:14pm On May 12, 2009
tkb417:

T

Elrazur
will money be a prob?
really dont think so if guys are down

Money should not be an issue, but then asking people to contribute towards the cost of putting all of these together may never get a head start - Cries of 419 and all that!
I am more than happy to contribute a few monies, but we need someone to hold all of it and manage the  
monies - if we can get any in the first place.
Re: Summer Bbq Meet Up In London? Who's Up For It. by Sagamite(m): 6:17pm On May 12, 2009
Surely their are volunteer DJs on NL.

I am against SouthEnd Beach because it will increase expense for people, which will act as a deterrent. A place in London with easy transportation access preferred.

Also we will need to plug the PS3 Pro Evo Soccer games and TV, so the beach is not it. Although it is only possibly to have this if someone is volunteering their home.

We can contribute and pay someone to use their home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41)

Matured Virgins: Looking For Husbands / The Biography Of Lalasticlala, Twaci And Tohpahz / I Need A Boyfriend Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.