Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173693 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2017
tivta:

Quick question, what's the height of the fence?

This particular one on the above picture is about 1.6 meters.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2017
Nbg4real:
beutiful what is the cost?

About N6,000 for one square metre
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2017
mufutau55:
Your simplicity... I love very much.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by kopell: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
spyder880:
This is a brick tile sample I am considering to use in my front pillars. I am also considering other options which I will attach pictures later today.
My Oga the fencing design and tiling doesn’t represent the headline of this building project. Low budget I believe was the headline, with all these luxury’s from POP to fence. Can pls update us of total costs till these stage.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2017
kopell:
My Oga the fencing design and tiling doesn’t represent the headline of this building project. Low budget I believe was the headline, with all these luxury’s from POP to fence. Can pls update us of total costs till these stage.

My man, I will try and collate the costs of this finish differently. The low cost stopped at the construction of the building till roofing. The finish cannot be low cost too.

I once heard a proverb here that says "A man who sells meat should not be found chewing bones" grin

10 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
spyder880:

Oga, please help out here. Which installation comes first; doors or tiles?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by OCTAVO: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
spyder880:

My man, I will try and collate the costs of this finish differently. The low cost stopped at the construction of the building till roofing. The finish cannot be low cost too.

I once heard a proverb here that says "A man who sells meat should not be found chewing bones" grin
I love the proverb!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by twinskenny(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Empiree:
Door
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
twinskenny:

Door
thank you
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
Empiree:

Depends on which type of door you are fitting on the house. You first fix;

Doors, if the doors are China, Turkish or Nigerian welded metal doors. So you can do your tiles to match the already fixed door gap and get the desired gap underneath.

Tiles, if it's local wooden doors. You can always adjust the height of local wooden doors to match the clearance you want with the floor and keep the gap as little as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
spyder880:

Doors, if the doors are China, Turkish or Nigerian welded metal doors. So you can do your tiles to match the already fixed door gap and get the desired gap underneath.

Tiles, if it's local wooden doors. You can always adjust the height of local wooden doors to match the clearance you want with the floor and keep the gap as little as possible.

Thanks a million. Appreciate it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 9:24am On Nov 03, 2017
spyder880:

what of American steel door Sir?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nbg4real:
what of American steel door Sir?

Fix them before your tiles.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2017
We have been screeding the external walls of this house. I will go see the look today. More pictures later.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2017
spyder880:
We have been screeding the external walls of this house. I will go see the look today. More pictures later.

Okay.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2017
Screeding the outside walls......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2017
More works ongoing.......

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by NL1960: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2017
spyder880:
More works ongoing.......

'Chief-to-be' spyder880 , e be like say you wan do xmas for this mansion. grin
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2017
NL1960:

'Chief-to-be' spyder880 , e be like say you wan do xmas for this mansion. grin

It's looking impossible at the moment, but I am continually hopeful. I need to host some talk shows in the village for our youths and coming in from town daily might be a little difficult. God will help me. grin
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by NL1960: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2017
spyder880:

It's looking impossible at the moment, but I am continually hopeful. I need to host some talk shows in the village for our youths and coming in from town daily might be a little difficult. God will help me. grin

Good one on the talk show, These youths need to be constantly talked to and mentored.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:48am On Nov 09, 2017
Making sure my lines are sharp, curves neat and flat surfaces smooth.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:50am On Nov 09, 2017
These walls....... are smooth.............

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2017
Back of my house.........

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by peterphd(m): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
spyder880:
These walls....... are smooth.............

Hello spyder, what's the max no of blocks that should be made from a bag of cement without compromising strength and quality? Thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by delishpot: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
Beautiful.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:19am On Nov 10, 2017
peterphd:

Hello spyder, what's the max no of blocks that should be made from a bag of cement without compromising strength and quality? Thanks

What type/size of block do you want to make?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by peterphd(m): 8:32am On Nov 10, 2017
spyder880:

What type/size of block do you want to make?
6 inches
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2017
peterphd:

6 inches

42- 44 blocks off they turn it well. A lot of effort should go into fine turning. Then the grade of sand should be coarse sharp sand without impurities.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by peterphd(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
spyder880:

42- 44 blocks off they turn it well. A lot of effort should go into fine turning. Then the grade of sand should be coarse sharp sand without impurities.

Thank you sir.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by KingMicky3286: 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
spyder880:
Our stones

Can this stone be used for decking? They said it rust the iron... Please educate me....
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2017
KingMicky3286:

Can this stone be used for decking? They said it rust the iron... Please educate me....

It is very good for building construction, except otherwise advised by a trained professional due to its non suitability for the particular job intended. People has used brown stones to build many multi level buildings all across Nigeria and all those houses are standing strong today.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by KingMicky3286: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
spyder880:

It is very good for building construction, except otherwise advised by a trained professional due to its non suitability for the particular job intended. People has used brown stones to build many multi level buildings all across Nigeria and all those houses are standing strong today.

Oga Spyda, i want to do decking what should i do to make less cost... The economy for my side is somehow now..... the decking is holding down... Location Ebonyi State..

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.