Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? (14534 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by inkomstrea: 3:40am On Jun 30, 2009
Papa David Oyedepo is a living legend, believe it or not

I will advise you go to the church, see things for yourself before making false comments, this can cost you heaven. Do you know know that

His prosperity is purely divine. He does not take or even touch the money that comes from offering or the ones from the university, even the ones from the books he writes doesn't enter his pocket, they go back to the productin of more books.

So how does he make his money? It is purely through divine provision. You really need to read one of the books he has re-written so you can see things for yourself.

Please do not say what you do not know. God is watching.

God bless
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by jookco(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2009
Onole thank you for that question, This man Bishop Oyedepo is the Apostel Paul of my time, I have watched this mans massage of every sunday via the internet, ever since I started watching his massage I have becomed a pillar of faith.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by ogajim(m): 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2009
This is a DELUDED thread to say the least, what concerns "a real man of God" with secular titles? We need to pray for the dude that called the jet setter "papa", if you were a Christian, you will know Jesus is your papa. I hope your biological papa gives you 30 dirty slaps to run concurrently for calling a love-vendor papa.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Ovamboland(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
inkomstrea:

Papa David Oyedepo is a living legend, believe it or not

I will advise you go to the church, see things for yourself before making false comments, this can cost you heaven. Do you know know that

His prosperity is purely divine. He does not take or even touch the money that comes from offering or the ones from the university, even the ones from the books he writes doesn't enter his pocket, they go back to the productin of more books.

So how does he make his money? It is purely through divine provision shocked . You really need to read one of the books he has re-written so you can see things for yourself.

Please do not say what you do not know. God is watching.

God bless

This one is irreversibly brainwashed and long lost his thinking cap. He readily swallows every bait, hook and sinker thrown from the pulpit.

I wonder if he is the personal accountant to Oyedepo.
Have you ever wondered that few pastors can confidently tell the public how much money they make personally each year from gifts and other sources. How many can boldly declare their assets to show filthy lucre is not part of it?

And someone is here telling us he receives his income divinely, please give me a break
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Tudor6(f): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2009
Ovambo don't mind these deluded goons. They're busy giving him their money while he's feeding fat, his kids studying abroad and flying in jets.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by tompraise: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2009
well bishop oyedepo does not extort money from people.
ve u forgotten what d bible says dat givers never lacks He is a giver he will never lack.
and another thing d bible say d blessing of God giveth riches and add no sorrow to it so if u re jealous of him u better go to God and ask him why he has blessed him.
and if u want to b blessed like him u must learn to appreariate others and b a giver try dis and c.

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Tudor6(f): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2009
tompraise:

well bishop oyedepo does not extort money from people.
ve u forgotten what d bible says dat givers never lacks He is a giver he will never lack.
and another thing d bible say d blessing of God giveth riches and add no sorrow to it so if u re jealous of him u better go to God and ask him why he has blessed him.
and if u want to b blessed like him u must learn to appreariate others and b a giver try dis and c.
Who's doing the giving? And who is doing the taking?
Is it not the members that give off€ring$, tithe$, project off£ring$, seeds, prophet off€ring$ and co. Yet most can't afford three square meals a day. Oyedepo the taker is the one that never lacks while the giving members are dying of poverty and have abundance of sorrows!
Where is their r£ward? ?? Is it only oyedepo that gets all the "bl€$$ing$"?
if u re jealous of him u better go to God and ask him why he has blessed him.
How has god blessed him? Is god now raining dollar$ and pound$ from heaven? All money in the church come from members and he's using their money to enrich himself .
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by KunleOshob(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2009
@post
Oyedepo is definitely not a living legend, on the contrary the man is a shame and an embarrasment to true christianity and his "blessings" are not from God but from a manipulated and deluded group of idolaters worshippers
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by horse703: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2009
excuse me but what is the picture for
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by omojesu777: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2009
We should be very ,very careful when it comes to spiritual issues and I strongly believe that God will not take it lightly with anybody deforming the character of an annointed man of God. Bishop oyedepo could be seen by some people as manipulator of men but some are seeing him as a man that understands very early the mysteries behing giving and sewing of seeds and he's contaminating the lives of people with words of faith.
Being a legend or not is not the issue . Bishop oyedepo has a ministry and spiritual responsibilities to his generation  just the way the wonderful man of God W.F Kumuyi has and other men of God. I think they are trying to fulfil their ministeries and it will not be good to destroy them with our mouth. We can bless them by praying for them . The just shall live by faith. Bishop oyedepo is living by faith. I'am one of the people that Bishop Oyedepo messages transformed. You can be transformed as well .God is not looking for complainers he 's looking for people who believe like Bishop Oyedepo.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by timmy7(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2009
Do u need to hide behind anoda id to make ur point If indeed oyedepo's msgs has tranformed u,u need nt be ashamed of anti pastors of nairaland in ur testimony
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Tudor6(f): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2009
omojesu777:

We should be very ,very careful when it comes to spiritual issues and I strongly believe that God will not take it lightly with anybody deforming the character of an annointed man of God. Bishop oyedepo could be seen by some people as manipulator of men but some are seeing him as[b] a man that understands very early the mysteries behing giving and sewing of seeds [/b]and he's contaminating the lives of people with words of faith.
Being a legend or not is not the issue . Bishop oyedepo has a ministry and spiritual responsibilities to his generation  just the way the wonderful man of God W.F Kumuyi has and other men of God. I think they are trying to fulfil their ministeries and it will not be good to destroy them with our mouth. We can bless them by praying for them . The just shall live by faith. Bishop oyedepo is living by faith. I'am one of the people that Bishop Oyedepo messages transformed. You can be transformed as well .God is not looking for complainers he 's looking for people who believe like Bishop Oyedepo.

What the f*uk is the mystery of giving and sowing of seed??
That is just EXACTLY how oyedepo says it -i'm sure you took that quote verbatim from him. I spent 10 good years of my life listening to the crap that man preaches and i can pretty much narrow the general theme of his sermons to "Thanksgiving Key to Open Heavens" "Tithes and vows the way to provoke god" "Sacrifice key to wealth and success" - Everytime is give, give, give! Haba!
When are members gonna start reaping??
With all the givings how many church members are billonaires??
Only oyedepo is a naira billonaire with an empire and a private jet while members languish in poverty.

The nasty man even has a hot temper and one would think as a christian anger is a sin. Ask any CU graduate or current student {not the ones that worship him} and they'll tell you his hot outbursts and impulsive actions. The worst is the way even the pastors fear him as if he's god. The whole thing tire me sef!
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by omojesu777: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2009
My dear brother, it does not really matter how long one has been asking God , it's a matter of how consistent we are in asking and the situation of our hearts. Let me tell you! There are hundreds and thousands of Nigerians and non Nigerians who are enjoying the blessings of God financially and materially today through the word of Faith preached by Bishop Oyedepo. I'am not living in Nigeria but blessed through his words . I have never seen oyedepo or attended any of his services but his God given messages has transformed my life in all ramification.He's blessed and his members are blessed too . The Bible says that ''the husbandman must first be the partaker of the fruit''He's enjoying the fruit of his labor because he's a servant of the Most-High. If there's something better than a private jet, a servant of God deserves it.God has blessed His people with all sorts of blessings ,so my brother private jet is too small. If you are not careful,the next news you;ll receive is that Bishop Oyedepo owns a private space craft.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by mazaje(m): 12:32am On Jul 19, 2009
omojesu777:

My dear brother, it does not really matter how long one has been asking God , it's a matter of how consistent we are in asking and the situation of our hearts. Let me tell you! There are hundreds and thousands of Nigerians and non Nigerians who are enjoying the blessings of God financially and materially today through the word of Faith preached by Bishop Oyedepo. I'am not living in Nigeria but blessed through his words . I have never seen oyedepo or attended any of his services but his God given messages has transformed my life in all ramification.He's blessed and his members are blessed too . The Bible says that ''the husbandman must first be the partaker of the fruit''[b]He's enjoying the fruit of his labor because he's a servant of the Most-High. [/b]If there's something better than a private jet, a servant of God deserves it.God has blessed His people with all sorts of blessings ,so my brother private jet is too small. If you are not careful,the next news you;ll receive is that Bishop Oyedepo owns a private space craft.

Did you bother to read Tudor's post at all? Are the members of his church not also the "servants of the most high"? When will the members of the church whose money he used to build a school a school that most of them can't afford to send their children to, buy a private jet and send his children to study abroad start reaping?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Tudor6(f): 12:44am On Jul 19, 2009
Which labour are you talking about??
What work does oyedepo do apart from deceiving people into parting with their hard earned money all in the name of blessings.
People are digging trenches in the rain, packing faeces at night, riding an okada, 24/7 being security guards and what do they do give 10% to oyedepo for tithes, take more for seeds, CU project fund, pew sacrifice, vows, offerings, thanksgiving, first fruit e.t.c after all these god will now "bl£$$" oyedepo with private jet while the shit packers and grave diggers are waiting their turn that'll never come - you must be joking! So god cannot share his blessings equally. He gives it all to the "servant" and nothing for members.
What is the essence of his bl£$$ing$ when majority of people are poor yet he feels the need to purchase jets and build expensive schools{with peoples money} that they can't afford.
This is the height of brainwashing.

His members are not blessed anything! Infact only oyedepo seems to be getting all the bl£$$ing$. So because he's a so called servant of god he should get a space craft abi? While the poor people who's money is feeding the stupid man continue to wallow in poverty waiting for open heavens.
My freind wake up and stop deceiving yourself! Any good thing you got came as a result of your hardwork and not the deluded ramblings of a greedy leprachaun called oyedepo.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by richjohn1(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2009
@mazaje & tudor
abeg leave this deceived people alone, I planted corn it a little space infront of my mum's house and I reaped after some months each seed gave me 3 combs of corn some even 4. If these morons have been sowing for the past 5-10 years of their lives and still the still need to choke themselves inside one ragged bus written 'canaanland' to attend his meetings then there's something wrong somewhere. When will people start using their brains in this country. Christianity is big businness indeed! grin
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2009
rich_john:

@mazaje & tudor
abeg leave this deceived people alone, I planted corn it a little space infront of my mum's house and I reaped after some months each seed gave me 3 combs of corn some even 4. If these morons have been sowing for the past 5-10 years of their lives and still the still need to choke themselves inside one ragged bus written 'canaanland' to attend his meetings then there's something wrong somewhere. When will people start using their brains in this country. Christianity is big businness indeed! grin

Leave the buses out of this at least the man is considerate enough to give his clients some level of customer service else they would be snatched by the competition whose business outfits churches are closer to their houses and of course they would loose all the tithes, offerings and endless seed sowing to the competition. That apart oyedepo also realizes that after his munguns have given so much in tithes offerings and seeds many of them don't even have enough to transport themselves to canaan land else the need for incentives to keep customer loyalty
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by omojesu777: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2009
Deformation of people's character, scandalising people reputation,ridiculing respected men of God does not and cannot change God's principles. Give and it shall be given unto you. it's not oyedepo's principle ,it's the Divine principle. somebody said he has been listening to oyedepo's messages for 10 years and nothing change in his life .Oh yes! you need to ask yourself some questions. Am I really motivated by the spirit of God or my flesh? Is my heart right with God ? If you did not have cogent answers to these questions, then go back to God and settle your case with HIM by the time you come back you'll understand why Bishop Oyedepo is getting blessed continously. God bless you as He has blessed Oyedepo.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
@omojesu666
Indeed the bible warned us about crooks like oyedepo here is one of the several arnings in the bible about charlatans like him:

2 Peter 2:3:
3 In their greed these false teachers would make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by REALTRUTH1: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
omojesu777:

Deformation of people's character, scandalising people reputation,ridiculing respected men of God does not and cannot change God's principles. Give and it shall be given unto you. it's not oyedepo's principle ,it's the Divine principle. somebody said he has been listening to oyedepo's messages for 10 years and nothing change in his life .Oh yes! you need to ask yourself some questions. Am I really motivated by the spirit of God or my flesh? Is my heart right with God ? If you did not have cogent answers to these questions, then go back to God and settle your case with HIM by the time you come back you'll understand why Bishop Oyedepo is getting blessed continously. God bless you as He has blessed Oyedepo.
 What do U want to achieve by saying Oyedepo is a living legend? If U say Oyedepo is living legend,,what do U want to say Pastor Kumuyi is?or what about Wole Soyinka? People should please stop making God of men as against what dey call Men of God,,,Most Nigerian Pastors re not called by God,,,they called dem selves and chose 2 be a pastor not a direct calling for God,,,Infact most of them should quite been pastor,,,The state of Nigerian churches and the society at large is clear evidence that these pastors have failed in their self serving adolation and wanting to equate themselves with God,,,,
  Read ur Bible very well,,,Jesus Christ who was equal with God,,never thought it robbery to be equal with God,,he took the form of men and dwelt amongst us inspite of all His power,glory and might,,,he never exhibited any iorta of pride,,his humility knew no bounds,,he was and is still KING,,,but never prove to anyone he was King of kings,,,He was Legend emiritus,,but never exhibited,,,
 My legend in within the Ngerian pastors re Kumuyi,Tunde Bakare, Revd Iloh,,Revd. Gbonigi,,these re pastors that re never acknowledged in the Nigerian christendom but to me the reflect and epitomises what Jesus represents,,they defend the Bible and and stand by the poorest of Nigerians,,,
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by blissieng(f): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
Can I just say well done to people who have tried to make these people see sense. Well done o.

God has blessed these men, and if you like cry, whoever God has blessed is blessed indeed. Even the devil himself can't do jack about it

2) If you think it's easy to talk a poor man to drop a penny, open your own church if God didn't call you, and see if you won't become wise in a sec.

3) Bishop Oyedepo has been a giver and is still a giver, dangerous giver at that. And we all know we reap what we sow.

4) The ministry wasnt always this successful, during those day nobody said anything o. Bishop Oyedepo was steadfast, trusting God, and God being God that is a covenant keeper has rewarded him greatly.

5) No matter what you do, you'll always get those ones who are way over themselves. And also the poor will always be in our midst, no matter what.

6) You guys should really direct ur criticism at the government. Nigerian Gov. not an individual.

Finanlly, believe it or not if everyone stops offering, tithe, seeds etc. God will bless who He will. And it'll be to their own detriment.
May God grant us understanding!
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by REALTRUTH1: 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2010
blissieng:

Can I just say well done to people who have tried to make these people see sense. Well done o.
God has blessed these men, and if you like cry, whoever God has blessed is blessed indeed. Even the devil himself can't do jack about it
2) If you think it's easy to talk a poor man to drop a penny, open your own church if God didn't call you, and see if you won't become wise in a sec.
3) Bishop Oyedepo has been a giver and is still a giver, dangerous giver at that. And we all know we reap what we sow.
4) The ministry wasnt always this successful, during those day nobody said anything o. Bishop Oyedepo was steadfast, trusting God, and God being God that is a covenant keeper has rewarded him greatly.
5) No matter what you do, you'll always get those ones who are way over themselves. And also the poor will always be in our midst, no matter what.
6) You guys should really direct your criticism at the government. Nigerian Gov. not an individual.
Finanlly, believe it or not if everyone stops offering, tithe, seeds etc. God will bless who He will. And it'll be to their own detriment.
Another dangerously messed up brainwashed fellow,,,Bill Gates in the last few years gave more than half of his worth and he is not a christian,,,he gave nore than $30Billion,,,,That you would called WICKED giving,,,,Until ur Bishop gave a quarter of his worth,,,don't call him a dangerous giver,,,,
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by blissieng(f): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2010
you sure it was bill Gate who gave half his fortune to charity? or SOMEONE else gave half his fortune to bill Gate's charity? I'll leave you to do find out who the somebody is, since u r so wise.

@topic,

I'd say to each his own. we'll know who was silly when we stand to give accord before God. As for me, I'd rather live a life that'll get me safe than sorry.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by REALTRUTH1: 11:55am On Mar 26, 2010
blissieng:

you sure it was bill Gate who gave half his fortune to charity? or SOMEONE else gave half his fortune to bill Gate's charity? I'll leave you to do find out who the somebody is, since u r so wise.
@topic,
I'd say to each his own. we'll know who was silly when we stand to give accord before God. As for me, I'd rather live a life that'll get me safe than sorry.
This one clear example why people like you can be so easily manipulated,,,If you can prove to me that anybody gave Bill Gates half of his fortune to Gates I will stop posting here,,,You have the internet facility search the reason why Bill Gates drop from being the richest man in the world??
Madam wise(celebrating men),,,if you re thinking of Warren Buffet,,,you re so wrong,,,he never at anytime gave half of his fortune to Gates,,
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by blissieng(f): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Like I said to each his own.

I'd ask if you were a christian, but that'll be wasting my time as well as yours.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by aletheia(m): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^^Such arrogance. And you suppose you are the christian? Nah.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
blissieng:

6) You guys should really direct your criticism at the government. Nigerian Gov. not an individual.

What rubbish is this one ranting here? angry is it not so obvious that Oyedepo is a criminal why don't you go and suggest to oyedepo to stop collecting offering, tithes and seeds and see if is criminal organization would not fold up within a few months? It is vermins like him that are ridicling christianity yet mumus and twerps like you would swearby them. Is there anything thing that is christ like about the con man? Or you think becos he is "successful" that is evidence of God's blessings? Sorry to dissapoint you my dear, it is only evidence of his illicit and criminally acquired wealth the same wayBabagida's wealth is a testament to the fact he looted this country. The fact that a criminal oyedepo is wealthy is certainly not a sign of God's blessings tongue
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by blissieng(f): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
I can't believe you guys! I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

So if he was poor your 'mouth' will be shut?

How pathetic.

Try starting your own and see how it goes, if you think that's a money making business.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by KunleOshob(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
blissieng:

I can't believe you guys! I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

So if he was poor your 'mouth' will be shut?

How pathetic.

Try starting your own and see how it goes, if you think that's a money making business.

It is not about being rich or poor, it is about the fact that oyedepo is one of the false prophets the bible warns us about who would twist and distort the scriptures for the sake of extorting money from the flock. It is quite obvious oyedepo is NOT doing the will of God but only feeding his own greed. The gospel of Jesus is not about earthly material possesions that prosperity pimps would like to have you believe, it is the gospel of the Kingdom of God and how to get there and your oyedepo is one of the preachers that specialize in twisting the teachings of the bible for material gain and in the process lead several away from the kingdom of God. At least you won't say you weren't told, if you like keep on believing in a man instead of focusing on the teachings of christ.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Enigma(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2010
Any one who preaches that there are some sins that the sacrifice of Jesus does not cover is beneath contemptible. This is what Oyedepo did in a tape that I saw some years ago; IIRC two examples were given ---- both on the basis that they had promises attached. The first was (a) honour your father and mother . . . that it may be well with you and (b) ( . . . don't tell me you can't guess this one!!!)

Oh ok then:

(b) Bring all the tithe into the store-house . . . that I may rebuke the devourer.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by nuclearboy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
@OP:

Serious people discuss God, the Lord Jesus, the HS, the Holy Bible and here you are attempting deify a human like you. Did you ever consider the possibility that YOU may possess greater INNATE anointing from God than this object of your adoration?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by jesus3: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
nuclearboy:

@OP:

Serious people discuss God, the Lord Jesus, the HS, the Holy Bible and here you are attempting deify a human like you. Did you ever consider the possibility that YOU may possess greater INNATE anointing from God than this object of your adoration?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt / Why Are You An Atheist? / Help Me Calculate My Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.