Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? (14537 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by blissieng(f): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
It is well!

Only FOOLS doubt proofs.

Me, I've seen this thing work and it works GREAT! Like I said to each his own, Salvation is a personal race afterall.

Is it christlike to slander a man of God whether or not you think he's doing God's work?

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by nuclearboy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
Jesus IS Lord, but He worked as a Carpenter and paid His way

Peter was called the Rock by the Master Himself but we know he was a fisherman and sustained himself by his work

Paul wrote most of the NT and boasted in his work that he didn't take anything from anyone but paid his way. He made tents for a living.

Your "living legend" - what does he do for a living? Sure He believes, don't YOU? Why are you all so dedicated towards idolatry? Why not follow the Bible's Word and look onto Jesus, the author and finisher of faith? Why hasn't your legend's faith BTW, translated into blessings for the majority who attend his church and cannot pay the fees charged at his university for their wards and children?

You just sound like a broken depraved idiotic record chanting "I love him I love him, jesus is too far so its oyedepo I love" over and over. angry
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by ogajim(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
KunleOshob:

It is not about being rich or poor, it is about the fact that oyedepo is one of the false prophets the bible warns us about who would twist and distort the scriptures for the sake of extorting money from the flock. It is quite obvious oyedepo is NOT doing the will of God but only feeding his own greed. The gospel of Jesus is not about earthly material possesions that prosperity pimps would like to have you believe, it is the gospel of the Kingdom of God and how to get there and your oyedepo is one of the preachers that specialize in twisting the teachings of the bible for material gain and in the process lead several away from the kingdom of God. At least you won't say you weren't told, if you like keep on believing in a man instead of focusing on the teachings of christ.

Preach on brother Kunle!

I thought only kids worship money and those who flaunt it, " for the love of money is the root of all evil, " hello!

blissieng:

It is well!

Only FOOLS doubt proofs.

Me, I've seen this thing work and it works GREAT! Like I said to each his own, Salvation is a personal race afterall.

Is it christlike to slander a man of God whether or not you think he's doing God's work?
BINGO!

If we think he is not "doing God's work", doesn't that make him fair game? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by REALTRUTH1: 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2010
blissieng:

Like I said to each his own.
I'd ask if you were a christian, but that'll be wasting my time as well as yours.
There is no point beating around the bush,,,The truth is that I became a Christian before you did,,,Its only if you became a christian before 1989 that you probably would ve been a christian before me.
Beyond that,,you raised issue about Bill Gates,,,ve you found out the truth yet Pls be humble enough to post or comment on the truth if you eventually find it out.
Furthermore,, Let me tell you that I was once in ur situation; its called unguarded zeal,,,which ultimately results to superfluity of nautiness,,thereby,,making you susceptible to manipulation.Much more than that,,,I can clearly state that I knew,met and had been under Oyedepo's teaching before you did,,except if you knew him before 1990,,,My very first contact with Oyedepo was at Airport Hotel 1990,,,where he debut his prosperity message tagged "Breakthrough Seminar",,,
Whether am a Christian or not is strictly ur own business to crack!!!
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by REALTRUTH1: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
blissieng:

It is well!
Only FOOLS doubt proofs.
The question is not about slandering,,,when the Bible told us on the last days that there would be MANY false prophets and even the very ELECT if they re not very very careful they too can be deceived by the boastful gluttonous sweet mouthed of these false teachers,,,
Did you not read in ur Bible where JESUS went to the synagogue and saw people trading and merchandising in the house of God,,,and Jesus destroyed all their merchandise,,,Haven't you heard or read about the barean christian in the Bible??Now let me tell you a story;
Joel Ostein is popular preacher in the USA,,,he once made a wrong unscriptural statement on CNN,,,his church members held him to ransom that he should go to same media to refute that statement,,and he did,,,tell me how many of ur Nigerian pastors would or can do that? As a result of the incessant complains here on NL,,RCCG Head quarters were forced to make certain unscriptural statements on their websites,,,,
Many of the truths being discussed here on NL are actually been assessed by these so called men of God or their agents,,,Not quite long ago,,Pastor Tunde Bakare who happens to be one of the few Nigerian pastor I respect,,,granted an interview to a magazine in nigeria,,,,and almost all the views that Kunleosho has been emphasising here on NL were strongly UPHELD by Tunde Bakare,,,
If you must be sincere to urself,,,open ur eyes clearly and see,,,
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by petres007(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2010
Living legend ko, living legend ni. grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by joe4christ(m): 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
[/color][color=#990000] LEAVE THE MEN OF GOD TO GOD HIMSELF, OR DID HE MADE YOU GUYS JUDGES OVER HIS SERVANTS? BE CAREFUL SO YOU DONT GET JUDGE WITH THESAME MEASURE YOU USE IN JUDGING THEM,  AFTERALL ITS EVEN NON OF YOUR BUSINESS, ITS GOD'S BUSINESS AND CONSCERN, SO LEAVE IT TO HIM TO DO IT FOR HIMSELF,  {HE NEVER MADE YOU JUDGES OVER HIS SERVANTS} DONT SAY I DID'NT WARN U!

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by papagiddy(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2010
well,
have u heard of a video been circulated recently about bishop Oyedepo?? a woman called Erelu claimed she gave bishop Oyedepo,T B Joshua,Ayefele,King sunny Ade etc occultic powers and he will want them to come and challenge him. that she help bishop to bury charms in cannan land. even she claim to bury same in the synagogue!
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by nuclearboy(m): 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2010
@joe4christ:

People are judging him? Well how's this -

Did you ever read the Bible? Do you know you're not supposed to follow idolatry? When you make graven images of God like with the picture included in your message above, do you realise that is idolatry? Now telling you this - am I judging you or simply reminding you what the Bible says?

Better pick up a copy of the Word and read rather than reading daily prayer guides.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by petres007(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

@joe4christ:

People are judging him? Well how's this -

Did you ever read the Bible? Do you know you're not supposed to follow idolatry? When you make graven images of God like with the picture included in your message above, do you realise that is idolatry? Now telling you this - am I judging you or simply reminding you what the Bible says?

Better pick up a copy of the Word and read STUDY rather than reading daily prayer guides.

Corrected!  grin

btw.  .  . you know how it is now, they're taught that the word itself is "difficult to grasp". Thats why you need your pastor or church's devotional, where its "simplified" for you  grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by nuclearboy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
^^^ Thanks for the correction smiley

I think many also have a "fatherless" complex and use these men as surrogate dads grin
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by petres007(m): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ Thanks for the correction smiley

I think many also have a "fatherless" complex and use these men as surrogate dads grin

I no fit laff cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by joe4christ(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2010
It is written: "LET HIM WHO HAVE EARS HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT HAVE TO SAY" I aint saying no more, but you wont say ''NO ONE EVER WARNED YOU"

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by ogajim(m): 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2010
^^^ It is also written ( by the ONLY ONE we need to listen to):

Matthew 10:16 (King James Version)

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Counsel, your objection is overruled case closed! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by cashful(m): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2010
Oyedepo bad, Adeboye bad,Chris Bad, catholic priest bad(U.S)
Now every Pastor, Preacher that is in the limelight is bad, gradually people have started loosing faith even those that have been in the race for long, i will just say watch it, there is something behind all this.
One of the reasons that will make the anti-christ accepted is because all religion would be deemed to have failed, and only he has the solution

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by richjohn1(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2010
^^^This slowpoke even believes the anti-christ and tribulation myth! grin I laugh in french
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Duroe: 4:01pm On May 13, 2010
What does it take to be a living legend? can a poor man be regarded as a living legend? As per Bishop Oyedepo, has anyone asked where he is getting the millions from? Could it be from tithes and offering alone? I honestly doubt this. The magnitude of the project he has done is much more than what the tithes and offering can explain. Does Covenant University belong to him or the Church he is leading?
These are some questions that need to be answered before we start crucifying or commending anyone. If the source of fund is the tithes and offering, then why is he the living legend instead of the church members?
The problem is that NIGERIANS LIKE TO CELEBRATE WEALTH EVEN WHEN THE SOURCE IS SHROUDED IN MYSTERY. I believe that one day God will raise up someone in Nigeria that will want our 'suddenly rich' religious, political and traditional rulers to tell all of us how their sweat earned them the wealth they have so that all of us will be able to practice their hardwork in order to reduce poverty in Nigeria.
The fact is that:
1. the bottom of riches STINKS.
2. Many are involved in MONEY RITUALS; embezzling/stealing money belonging to the people including being allocated oil wells by their friends in govt while the inhabitants of the oil rich region languish in poverty.
2. Claiming God's promises as they preached does not bring cash from heaven -'if a man does not work let him not eat'. so what work do our own 'wealthy men of God do- we know Paul, Barnabas worked?
3. So called charitable giving should not blind the mind of the people from asking for the source of these unexplainable wealth.
4. We know those in govt have access to public money and they unfortunately steal to their satisfaction, but tithe and offering do not belong to one man- so where do they get the wealth from?
5. 'Erelu Jesu' will need to throw more light on all her confessions- she may be able to provide some answers to many of the questions.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by poweredcom(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2010
@all the religious slowpoke TRUTH IS NOT BASED ON RELIGION BUT INWARD OF A PERSON HEART. just look what a mess our society is churches everywhere instead of manufacturing industries.Bleep his private university/i cant hate him but he is just like all our blind leaders who dont want to make public institution work but to build yeye private school call university.Living legend for COW YASH
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by jcross19: 6:04am On Aug 07, 2010
nigeria have a lots of so called men of God but still every day we are having a problem of corruptions why? only God knows his people but still we can notice some traces of evil doing by those pastors by aiding our leaders in their way of corruptions pallying with them huh out of 100 % of our men of God 95 % of them are corrupt . any pastor that pally with our leaders are corrupt too THOSE PASTORS WE HAVE NOW IN NIGERIA THEIVES I MEAN OOOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEE. am talking about those who depend on tithes and offering
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by babamoha(m): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2010
Touch not his anointed and do his prophet no evil.bt anyway all na workshop
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by poweredcom(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2010
grin grin grin all na workshop, hahahahah
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Rhino3dm: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2010
Did you mean OLEdepo If yes, then he a living legend of the underworld. CON man.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

Did you mean OLEdepo If yes, then he a living legend of the underworld. CON man.
who is oledepo?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by oluwabamis(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
Has xtianity now become an issue of wealth, money and being a legend etc. do we now need the praise of men.

Its great to give to God, my over 20 years as a xtian has shown me that. However its so unfortunate to see a man of God who base his whole message on prosperity and nothing else. these wealth you see is temporary (a thing of the world). Money can achieve so much in doing God's will on earth, but the love of money is also the root of all evils. A lot of pastors actually need to sit down and consider their ways when it comes to the issue of money and riches.

My own very pastor borrowed money from me and did not pay me back, after 18 months, I left the church because I just cant understand why he should treat me that way. When he got to know I left for that reason, he didnt even apologise, he only tried to psyche me and refuse to admit that he wronged me. The fact that one is a pastor doesnt mean he cant make mistakes, afterall he is still human.

pastors actually needs our prayers, so they can do God's will alone
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by kinsouk: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2010
All those that said Oyedepo and Adeboye are con man of God are bastard and stupid, and that is why you are still in a spot and that is where u will be until ur heart is change and join we flyers. Before it is too late for u, u better apologised and turn a new leaves before it is too late for you ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2010
@poster

Yesso, his miliki prayer tactics are legendary.

3 gbosas for u jare grin
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2010
Anybody can be a living legend, whats paramout is what God thinks about the fellow
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by laytoshtwo: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2011
A lot of people comment out of frustration,no job,no joy,dont provoke them.Frustrated youths,turn to God he will help you.Don 't add more petrol to your burning lives by abusing men of God.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Azibalua(f): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
laytoshtwo:

A lot of people comment out of frustration,no job,no joy,dont provoke them.Frustrated youths,turn to God he will help you.Don 't add more petrol to your burning lives by abusing men of God.

A Christian can only prosper thru his giving

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
6 But this[ I say], He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart,[ so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God[ is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all[ things], may abound to every good work:
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by dare2think: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
laytoshtwo:

A lot of people comment out of frustration,[b]no job,no joy,[/b]dont provoke them.Frustrated youths,turn to God he will help you.Don 't add more petrol to your burning lives by abusing men of God.

-sighs-

And you know these, how?

By the way, when did self-aclaimed "Men Of God" become God?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by dorox(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
the high percentage of mumus in nigeria has led me to believe that the Faith Con industry will remain growth industry for the foreseeable future.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by ogajim(m): 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2011
dorox:

the high percentage of mumus in nigeria has led me to believe that the Faith Con industry will remain growth industry for the foreseeable future.

I couldn't agree more!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt / Why Are You An Atheist? / Help Me Calculate My Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.