Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony (41906 Views)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by RexTramadol1: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2015
What else can I say than

It shall be permanent!

Make I finish school first and the job go come up lagbara oluwa!
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by miqos02(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2015
thank God
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by alfajohn: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Brother you have not seen anything yet . Hold on to God return all the glory, honour and adoration to him. These will be a child' s play to the next level he will take you. A word of advise the psalmist said I will not offer on to my God a sacrifice that cost me nothing. If you key into this Jehovah overdo Jehovah extravaganza will surprise amaze and dazzle u. Cheers.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by donem: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2015
congrats, but make sure you no send all those where no been send u during your struggles, you know the set of peeps I mean.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by lilken1: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2015
congrats by Gods grace I am next in line.amen.#beleive#
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by deramarks(f): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Lol grin I do
sharp!
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Perpetual459: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2015
This is lovely
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Dejinho14(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2015
congrats bro..i tap 4rm ur testimony bro....
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:
I have got a job finally!! 
I want to thank God for d miraculous way in which he did it.

Let me tell you all my story. I studied an engineering course in the University, graduate with a 2.1 and  finished my NYSC early  last year. I have submitted countless applications online,(because I had a 2.1 I always get test invitations) & did over 20 tests and interviews but always get the "we will get back to you" feedback.

Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will. I did this job for over a year till I got fed up because I couldn't take it anymore.

During the 1year period of working in the FMCG company, I kept updating my skills by learning AutoCAD, PDMS and 2 other engineering softwares from my savings because those trainings are very expensive.

I resigned few months back and relocated to Lagos. Then I continued applying for jobs online and then I compiled a list of almost 200 oil and gas companies in Lagos through google and linkedin contacts, wrote their names, addresses , fone numbers and emails. I sent unsolicited applications together with my CV to all the companies and waited for 2 weeks but yet no positive responses.

Then I changed tactics and started sending text messages & calling the landlines of those companies yet I kept getting the same responses of "we are not employing for now", "the oil industry is in crisis", "We'll get back to you if we need you". 

Then last week I got fed up and started visiting those companies physically to drop hard copies of my CVs and applications. Then within few days, I started getting test & interview invitations, but all are still inconclusive. Then I got a call last week friday to come to an oil servicing company I submitted CV in VI. I went there I was told they are interested in me because of the engineering softwares I said I know and we did the interview and on the spot the told me the job function as a Trainee Engineer, and I was really happy that I will get good experience with the job, but what shocked me the most was when the issue of salary came, they asked what I would collect I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20,  then I told them am willing to go with their company's structure for entry-level engineers. Then the HR just told me the will start with an amount (over 100K) & that I am to start immediately, and asked if I will take it, I was speechless and just said Yes, because despite the mass sacking in the oil industry & bad economy I still got a good job without any connection or experience in the oil industry. I couldn't hold my joy when I was shown to my work station and work commenced. Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

Xoxo
congrats Sir. Indeed the holy book says when others say there is a casting down we shall say there is a lifting up.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by jayoakland: 9:57am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Let me tell you all my story. I studied an engineering course in the University, graduate with a 2.1 and  finished my NYSC early  last year. I have submitted countless applications online,(because I had a 2.1 I always get test invitations) & did over 20 tests and interviews but always get the "we will get back to you" feedback.

Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will. I did this job for over a year till I got fed up because I couldn't take it anymore.

During the 1year period of working in the FMCG company, I kept updating my skills by learning AutoCAD, PDMS and 2 other engineering softwares from my savings because those trainings are very expensive.

I resigned few months back and relocated to Lagos. Then I continued applying for jobs online and then I compiled a list of almost 200 oil and gas companies in Lagos through google and linkedin contacts, wrote their names, addresses , fone numbers and emails. I sent unsolicited applications together with my CV to all the companies and waited for 2 weeks but yet no positive responses.

Then I changed tactics and started sending text messages & calling the landlines of those companies yet I kept getting the same responses of "we are not employing for now", "the oil industry is in crisis", "We'll get back to you if we need you". 

Then last week I got fed up and started visiting those companies physically to drop hard copies of my CVs and applications. Then within few days, I started getting test & interview invitations, but all are still inconclusive. Then I got a call last week friday to come to an oil servicing company I submitted CV in VI. I went there I was told they are interested in me because of the engineering softwares I said I know and we did the interview and on the spot the told me the job function as a Trainee Engineer, and I was really happy that I will get good experience with the job, but what shocked me the most was when the issue of salary came, they asked what I would collect I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20,  then I told them am willing to go with their company's structure for entry-level engineers. Then the HR just told me the will start with an amount (over 100K) & that I am to start immediately, and asked if I will take it, I was speechless and just said Yes, because despite the mass sacking in the oil industry & bad economy I still got a good job without any connection or experience in the oil industry. I couldn't hold my joy when I was shown to my work station and work commenced. Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

Xoxo

Persistence has always been the way Out. Congratulations bro. It just started, continue to soar higher.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2015
Haryoryhemie:
Congrats Bro, the job will lead u to greater heights in Jesus' name
Ti wa na a de oooh
Amin oooo congrat bro
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Bloomingbud(f): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2015
esorison:
yes ooo. But not by just been motivated in the four corners of your room oo

Four corners of my room as in? Do you think a reasonable job seeker will sit without putting efforts? Am not just motivated without physical efforts on my part. Thanks.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Cubby22: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2015
Whats VI, help us with the organization info, i wan follow apply o, i don tire for huse, my discipline is mathematics 2.1
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Spidermon: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2015
God, shebi na person be this. When will you pick my call?
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Bloomingbud(f): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Sooner than you can ever imagine in Jesus name. Amen.

But learn from the op, don't rely on what you already know.

Keep improving.

Thanks, I'll do more than I've been doing.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by klassic(m): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2015
I love your resilience and decision to update your self . That was what God used in blessing you.Your additional skills paved the way and gave you the edge. A lesson for others to learn from and be wise. Don't just sit down and lament , continuously update your self. Shalom.
Congrats @ op
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Dpearlz: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats brother. God truly is not asleep. Thanks for sharing because you just encouraged a brother. I wish you success in your new place of employment.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Prince16: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Congratz!
Can u kindly state d courses/skills/Engineering softwares u learnt in other for aspiring eagles to follow suit.

Stay blessed.
Thanks.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Jabioro: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats ! I beg send my wine through Bluetooth is on already.. Glory be to God.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Bigdreams(m): 10:07am On Nov 05, 2015
I'm happy for you.

God bless you for sharing this.

It's very much soul lifting.

Thanks.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by zizazizu: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2015
This guy is a warrior! Guy!
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by janejive(f): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2015
I congratulate u on dis wonderful testimony
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by danwa25(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrat bro!
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2015
allanphash7:
Am so sure u aint referring to me
Yes your father
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2015

Now, my contribution to this post is, for graduate looking for job in oil and gas industries. This is what you should do, fisrt get a marketable skill that is relevant in the industry, second follow the next step "searching and researching about the companies that need your skills and contacting then both off and online. it works with time. Thirdly, dont give up. Nothing good comes easy but with God all things are possible. You may not be the most qualified but God's grace will qualify you. Hence, pray to God for mercy and grace. Gold and riches belongs to God, and makes a way where there seems to be way. For it is Him that gives power and wisdom to make wealth. There are many jobs and good ones in our country despites many nasty news about workers redundancy and layoff. You can get a good job in the midst of these problems if you are a child of God.
Op, i congratulate you. Am a witness and testifier of God's grace and mercy like you. Remain blessed.

Xoxo[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Xoxo
Now, my contribution to this post is, for graduate looking for job in oil and gas industries. This is what you should do, fisrt get a marketable skill that is relevant in the industry, second follow the next step "searching and researching about the companies that need your skills and contacting then both off and online. it works with time. Thirdly, dont give up. Nothing good comes easy but with God all things are possible. You may not be the most qualified but God's grace will qualify you. Hence, pray to God for mercy and grace. Gold and riches belongs to God, and makes a way where there seems to be way. For it is Him that gives power and wisdom to make wealth. There are many jobs and good ones in our country despites many nasty news about workers redundancy and layoff. You can get a good job in the midst of these problems if you are a child of God.
Op, i congratulate you. Am a witness and testifier of God's grace and mercy like you. Remain blessed.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Kposkila: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2015
sandrajazmin:
I key in2 ur blesing bro
Sorrow may last for the night but joy comes in the morning
Bt please be wise wt spending your salary
dnt 4gt 2 pay ur tithe dear. Its necessary.
God bless u and ur work place

No be just to key into his blessing, faith without work is death, do what he did!
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by 123papas(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2015
congratz
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by arshavineering(m): 10:17am On Nov 05, 2015
OP how did u submit those applications at the companies? did u submit to the security men or you were allowed to enter inside the company to submit?
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Khez: 10:19am On Nov 05, 2015
can i get your pin or number bro?
ejitemi1:

Xoxo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At OBAX Worldwide Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.