Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony (41888 Views)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Justicealh3(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2015
[quote author=ejitemi1 post=39697952]I have got a job finally!! 
I want to thank God for d miraculous way in which he did it.

Let me tell you all my story. I studied an engineering course in the University, graduate with a 2.1 and  finished my NYSC early  last year. I have submitted countless applications online,(because I had a 2.1 I always get test invitations) & did over 20 tests and interviews but always get the "we will get back to you" feedback.

Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will....

CONGRATULATION!!! Buh don't U ever 4get ya F&F, I do hope that at time in school U have ya schfada, then, rgt? dont 4gt Em too.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Gentlemedi(m): 10:23am On Nov 05, 2015
Nice motivation from the Op...I just learned something this morning...Thank you
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Fraih(f): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2015
Never stop learning.... Keep improving

Congratulations. I wish you all the Best
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Luzzyjay(m): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats bro, ur promotion is coming soon
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Harmvirus(f): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats op.God is still God.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by blazintrail: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2015
"I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also "because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20"
Xoxo[/quote]

That line alone is enough to get you fired if your new employer see's the way you described their establishment. Not very smart of you.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:
Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits." ------- Thomas A. Edison

You didn't just "trust God", you hustled like a gangsta...you did what what most people wouldn't do.

And then God rewarded your actions.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by chikasin4(m): 10:33am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:
I have got a job finally!! 

Let me tell you all my story. I studied an engineering course in the University, graduate with a 2.1 and  finished my NYSC early  last year. I have submitted countless applications online,(because I had a 2.1 I always get test invitations) & did over 20 tests and interviews but always get the "we will get back to you" feedback.

Congrats
Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will. I did this job for over a year till I got fed up because I couldn't take it anymore.

During the 1year period of working in the FMCG company, I kept updating my skills by learning AutoCAD, PDMS and 2 other engineering softwares from my savings because those trainings are very expensive.

I resigned few months back and relocated to Lagos. Then I continued applying for jobs online and then I compiled a list of almost 200 oil and gas companies in Lagos through google and linkedin contacts, wrote their names, addresses , fone numbers and emails. I sent unsolicited applications together with my CV to all the companies and waited for 2 weeks but yet no positive responses.

Then I changed tactics and started sending text messages & calling the landlines of those companies yet I kept getting the same responses of "we are not employing for now", "the oil industry is in crisis", "We'll get back to you if we need you". 

Then last week I got fed up and started visiting those companies physically to drop hard copies of my CVs and applications. Then within few days, I started getting test & interview invitations, but all are still inconclusive. Then I got a call last week friday to come to an oil servicing company I submitted CV in VI. I went there I was told they are interested in me because of the engineering softwares I said I know and we did the interview and on the spot the told me the job function as a Trainee Engineer, and I was really happy that I will get good experience with the job, but what shocked me the most was when the issue of salary came, they asked what I would collect I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20,  then I told them am willing to go with their company's structure for entry-level engineers. Then the HR just told me the will start with an amount (over 100K) & that I am to start immediately, and asked if I will take it, I was speechless and just said Yes, because despite the mass sacking in the oil industry & bad economy I still got a good job without any connection or experience in the oil industry. I couldn't hold my joy when I was shown to my work station and work commenced. Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

Congrats bro pls send m some tips chyco4life2@yahoo.com like some oil companies mails and addresses. Thank u
Xoxo
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by feyiona(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2015
Congratulations OP. one thing stood out for me in ur story you built up yourself and made urself employable by doing additional courses and programs not just complaining of no job and sit at home doing nothing to better yourself
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by nenergy(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2015
Permission to blog it?
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by gary400(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2015
my own job on d way soon.....though got a job offer in d region of 20k (foot courier) oh boi...naija z bleeped....not even I lagos o....abeokuta....no staff quaters,no bike,etc
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Dindondin(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will. I did this job for over a year till I got fed up because I couldn't take it anymore.

During the 1year period of working in the FMCG company, I kept updating my skills by learning AutoCAD, PDMS and 2 other engineering softwares from my savings because those trainings are very expensive.

I resigned few months back and relocated to Lagos. Then I continued applying for jobs online and then I compiled a list of almost 200 oil and gas companies in Lagos through google and linkedin contacts, wrote their names, addresses , fone numbers and emails. I sent unsolicited applications together with my CV to all the companies and waited for 2 weeks but yet no positive responses.

Then I changed tactics and started sending text messages & calling the landlines of those companies yet I kept getting the same responses of "we are not employing for now", "the oil industry is in crisis", "We'll get back to you if we need you". 

Then last week I got fed up and started visiting those companies physically to drop hard copies of my CVs and applications. Then within few days, I started getting test & interview invitations, but all are still inconclusive. Then I got a call last week friday to come to an oil servicing company I submitted CV in VI. I went there I was told they are interested in me because of the engineering softwares I said I know and we did the interview and on the spot the told me the job function as a Trainee Engineer, and I was really happy that I will get good experience with the job, but what shocked me the most was when the issue of salary came, they asked what I would collect I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20,  then I told them am willing to go with their company's structure for entry-level engineers. Then the HR just told me the will start with an amount (over 100K) & that I am to start immediately, and asked if I will take it, I was speechless and just said Yes, because despite the mass sacking in the oil industry & bad economy I still got a good job without any connection or experience in the oil industry. I couldn't hold my joy when I was shown to my work station and work commenced. Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

Xoxo
I m so touched with your story.
This corroborate my personal experience of never give up, God's connection is better than human connection.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Israelomojisola(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats bro, I wish you all d best. Greater than this testimony is alredy mine by God's grace in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Ceejey01(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats....if you don't mind, what were the engineering softwares you learnt?
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Ezibless: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2015
big congrats brother! Happy for you.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by allanphash7(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2015
Good!

Now i know who you are and where you are from

I cant exchange words with you because you dont have respect for elders even if atall you are raised bad
chuzydon:

Yes your father
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by tchiwinnie: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2015
@OP, congrats on ur job.
Lessons learnt; 1) try to always have savings. No matter wot u earn, save something.
2) Improve urself. Get better everyday, acquire more skills.
3)Put in effort. Don't sit at a place complaining. Move out and look for dat job
OP congrats again. May God keep lifting u higher!

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by kulay1(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2015
It is story like this that inspire me that no matter the time and frustration, never give up....I tap into this kind of good story ijn.....

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by MicKvictorious(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2015
cheesy congratulations man! my own is on the way. Amen cool
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by free37: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2015
Nice.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Truth001(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2015
Congratulations, more success in Jesus name.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by chukwuebuka077: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
congrats
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Sidney1990: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
Your determination paid off. Keep soaring high bro. I tap into the Grace that is at work in you. I am next in line for a testimony IJN.

Congratulations, enjoy
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by mimigreat77(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
congrate
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
😃 Congrats man.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by chrisgush: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats. So happy for you
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by onyeomanono24(f): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congratulobia OP!!!! you will still move to a greater height, Amen.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by frankolett(m): 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congratulations brother grin cheesy. Mine is next in line.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by babyoy(f): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Xoxo

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! / Africa Courier Express Interview / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.