Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,969 members, 7,835,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony (41926 Views)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ejitemi1(m): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
nenergy:
Permission to blog it?

Permission granted

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ejitemi1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
blazintrail:
"I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also "because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20"
Xoxo

That line alone is enough to get you fired if your new employer see's the way you described their establishment. Not very smart of you.

What I described is d general 1st impression every applicant have. U know there are some companies that don't look too good outside but inside is nice, and for d staff strength,I mentioned that figure to make readers understand how professional and experienced dose staffs would be, and am not exaggerating but almost all thier staffs have a car except the manual workers like cleaners and security men. So hope u understand better now?
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ejitemi1(m): 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
gary400:
my own job on d way soon.....though got a job offer in d region of 20k (foot courier) oh boi...naija z bleeped....not even I lagos o....abeokuta....no staff quaters,no bike,etc

Don't be discouraged, it might be a means to an end. Have a plan, improve urself in your field to have an edge over others. Then pray hard and combine it with fasting. grin

Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by gary400(m): 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Don't be discouraged, it might be a means to an end. Have a plan, improve urself in your field to have an edge over others. Then pray hard and combine it with fasting. grin

Xoxo
thanks bro...I reside in lagos...dunno anywhere in abk to stay...so it's a bad idea....
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ejitemi1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
Thank you all for all your messages. I appreciate u all. For those asking how I submitted the applications, lemme explain my skills:
1. I always dressed very well but without a suit, so most security men always give me attention and couldn't embarrass me.
2. I always ask to see d Admin or HR, and if am not allowed I drop it for the receptionist or direct the gateman to give to the person that the mail is very urgent and important.
3. I bought very good and decent envelopes, d N50+ own and i did not write anything on d envelopes I dropped. It's just to increase d curiosity of d Admin/HR.

I hope this will help in answering most questions of those sending me pm.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by 2plus2: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

What I described is d general 1st impression every applicant have. U know there are some companies that don't look too good outside but inside is very Behind, and for d staff strength,I mentioned that figure to make readers understand how professional and experienced dose staffs would be, and am not exaggerating but almost all thier staffs have a car except the manual workers like cleaners and security men. So hope u understand better now?

First of all congratulations. I'm happy for you. Hope to get mine soon.

Meanwhile, be very watchful of you post online as your employee may misquote and you may not have an opportunity to explain yourself. Imagine if it was your company. Just saying though.

Wish you the best of luck.

God bless you.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Bloomingbud(f): 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:
Thank you all for all your messages. I appreciate u all. For those asking how I submitted the applications, lemme explain my skills:
1. I always dressed very well but without a suit, so most security men always give me attention and couldn't embarrass me.
2. I always ask to see d Admin or HR, and if am not allowed I drop it for the receptionist or direct the gateman to give to the person that the mail is very urgent and important.
3. I bought very good and decent envelopes, d N50+ own and i did not write anything on d envelopes I dropped. It's just to increase d curiosity of d Admin/HR.

I hope this will help in answering most questions of those sending me pm.

Thanks.

This is what I do too so I know it will definitely happen. I spent Monday and Tuesday of this week going to places and dropping my applications.

I had a terrible experience on Tuesday. I went to a company and asked to see the hr manager, the security lady refused and said until she knows why I want to see the hrm before she is going allow me.

I took my time to explain that I'll like to drop my CV and she still refused that 'no vacancy'. I did all I could trying not to look desperate but the security refused and I left.

I felt bad cos I spent a lot but all the same life continues.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ejitemi1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
Bloomingbud:

Thanks.

This is what I do too so I know it will definitely happen. I spent Monday and Tuesday of this week going to places and dropping my applications.

I had a terrible experience on Tuesday. I went to a company and asked to see the hr manager, the security lady refused and said until she knows why I want to see the hrm before she is going allow me.

I took my time to explain that I'll like to drop my CV and she still refused that 'no vacancy'. I did all I could trying not to look desperate but the security refused and I left.

I felt bad cos I spent a lot but all the same life continues.

I understand u very well, Infact I got worse attitudes from some HR/Admin managers or staffs, they'll harass me and frustrate my life with stupid questions and the end say no vacancy. But don't give up, keep pushing and also prepare urself for any impromptu interview as u are submitting ur CVs they may just want to test u on d spot.

Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Chuksgeo: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
me too, I'll be the next to get a better job in due season. I really thank God for you. Just remain focused and the sky will be your starting point.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Ceejey01(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats bro, I desire a job in oil and gas industry as a geoscientist, Please what software did u learn and if you don't mind, can u share ur list of oil and gas companies in Lagos, i have tried sending unsolicited mails and hve considered calling but ur msg has taught me dt it doesn't work still. My email is freestyllar@yahoo.com. Thanks. eedIe
ejitemi1:
I have got a job finally!! 
I want to thank God for d miraculous way in which he did it.

Let me tell you all my story. I studied an engineering course in the University, graduate with a 2.1 and  finished my NYSC early  last year. I have submitted countless applications online,(because I had a 2.1 I always get test invitations) & did over 20 tests and interviews but always get the "we will get back to you" feedback.

Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will. I did this job for over a year till I got fed up because I couldn't take it anymore.

During the 1year period of working in the FMCG company, I kept updating my skills by learning AutoCAD, PDMS and 2 other engineering softwares from my savings because those trainings are very expensive.

I resigned few months back and relocated to Lagos. Then I continued applying for jobs online and then I compiled a list of almost 200 oil and gas companies in Lagos through google and linkedin contacts, wrote their names, addresses , fone numbers and emails. I sent unsolicited applications together with my CV to all the companies and waited for 2 weeks but yet no positive responses.

Then I changed tactics and started sending text messages & calling the landlines of those companies yet I kept getting the same responses of "we are not employing for now", "the oil industry is in crisis", "We'll get back to you if we need you". 

Then last week I got fed up and started visiting those companies physically to drop hard copies of my CVs and applications. Then within few days, I started getting test & interview invitations, but all are still inconclusive. Then I got a call last week friday to come to an oil servicing company I submitted CV in VI. I went there I was told they are interested in me because of the engineering softwares I said I know and we did the interview and on the spot the told me the job function as a Trainee Engineer, and I was really happy that I will get good experience with the job, but what shocked me the most was when the issue of salary came, they asked what I would collect I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20,  then I told them am willing to go with their company's structure for entry-level engineers. Then the HR just told me the will start with an amount (over 100K) & that I am to start immediately, and asked if I will take it, I was speechless and just said Yes, because despite the mass sacking in the oil industry & bad economy I still got a good job without any connection or experience in the oil industry. I couldn't hold my joy when I was shown to my work station and work commenced. Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

Xoxo
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by promo4(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nice testimony sir..it would be great to know the Engineering course you studied so as to encourage some of us on same path.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Olorunking(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats!
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ehisdan(m): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Let me tell you all my story. I studied an engineering course in the University, graduate with a 2.1 and  finished my NYSC early  last year. I have submitted countless applications online,(because I had a 2.1 I always get test invitations) & did over 20 tests and interviews but always get the "we will get back to you" feedback.

Out of frustration I took a 35K job offer as a Sales rep in a FMCG company, the MD of the company is very abusive and always hire and fire at will. I did this job for over a year till I got fed up because I couldn't take it anymore.

During the 1year period of working in the FMCG company, I kept updating my skills by learning AutoCAD, PDMS and 2 other engineering softwares from my savings because those trainings are very expensive.

I resigned few months back and relocated to Lagos. Then I continued applying for jobs online and then I compiled a list of almost 200 oil and gas companies in Lagos through google and linkedin contacts, wrote their names, addresses , fone numbers and emails. I sent unsolicited applications together with my CV to all the companies and waited for 2 weeks but yet no positive responses.

Then I changed tactics and started sending text messages & calling the landlines of those companies yet I kept getting the same responses of "we are not employing for now", "the oil industry is in crisis", "We'll get back to you if we need you". 

Then last week I got fed up and started visiting those companies physically to drop hard copies of my CVs and applications. Then within few days, I started getting test & interview invitations, but all are still inconclusive. Then I got a call last week friday to come to an oil servicing company I submitted CV in VI. I went there I was told they are interested in me because of the engineering softwares I said I know and we did the interview and on the spot the told me the job function as a Trainee Engineer, and I was really happy that I will get good experience with the job, but what shocked me the most was when the issue of salary came, they asked what I would collect I wanted to mention that it is in the region of 70-90K so as not to discourage them because we are all aware of the Issues in the Oil & Gas industry and also because the company was a small one with just an ugly bungalow and am sure their staffs are not up to 20,  then I told them am willing to go with their company's structure for entry-level engineers. Then the HR just told me the will start with an amount (over 100K) & that I am to start immediately, and asked if I will take it, I was speechless and just said Yes, because despite the mass sacking in the oil industry & bad economy I still got a good job without any connection or experience in the oil industry. I couldn't hold my joy when I was shown to my work station and work commenced. Pls fellow applicants don't loose hope, keep trusting God and He will do it for us all.

Xoxo
Congrat man!
Pls pm me those names, emails, addresses and phone numbers of those companies. I am just the next.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Adortem: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Xoxo
I love your winning spirit,"never take No for an answer,keep trying until you win.Happy for you man.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Bezed(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
abeg o... besides the auto CAD and PDMS which other two did you say you learnt, the names abeg..
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
God win.... Congrats! God will do my soon grin
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by May5(f): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrat , very inspiring indeed. Wish u d best
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Kceee: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrat bro,b wise while spending ur hardEarn money..my own testimony is more closer to me than my shadow
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by kentuta(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats dear...I tap into that blessing...Will post my testimony soonest here.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Lobolintin(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
Happy for you guy
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by denssing: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
thank God for you.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
congrats.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by bacco2000(m): 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrats bro, God be with you
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by rolapexy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrat bro it is ur set time....#Na Godwin finally
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by easterwick(m): 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congrat bro i tap from grace bro IJN
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by rhymaholic: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:

Xoxo
Congrats bro. I'm really happy for you. I'm almost in the same situation as you were before now. Doing a 50k per month job in in a field totally outside my engineering course with no room for growth. Where I spend almost 20k on transport alone. Anything to keep going. You said you did 2 other engineering courses.. I'm just curious what are the name of the courses. Thanks you for prompt response.
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ourleader(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congratulations brother wishing you greater glory
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by IDnoble1: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Congratulated Bror
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by ejitemi1(m): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
To answer your questions about field of study. I studied Petrochemical Engineering, I only learnt PDMS &AutoCAD to widen my options in the engineering field. The other 2 softwares I learnt was HYSYS & PVTP.
Also every1 asking for lists of oil companies, all I used was google. It's just for u to know what u want and d skills u have and cross-check with d companies that dey might be needed and start hunting.
Hope I have answered all your questions.
Thanks every1.

Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by fashoo2010(m): 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejitemi1:
To answer your questions about field of study. I studied Petrochemical Engineering, I only learnt PDMS &AutoCAD to widen my options in the engineering field. The other 2 softwares I learnt was HYSYS & PVTP.
Also every1 asking for lists of oil companies, all I used was google. It's just for u to know what u want and d skills u have and cross-check with d companies that dey might be needed and start hunting.
Hope I have answered all your questions.
Thanks every1.

Xoxo

Thanks OP for ur reply.... Pls on ur application, do u always include the position u're applying for in d company.... Thanks for ur response once again.... My plan is to start this type of strategy next week, bt initially, I was thinking of just going to drop CV, bt with ur revelation nw, I'm thinking of adding application to it... Bt I don't know maybe to include the post someone is applying for. I'm a graduate in Microbiology and certificate In HSE... Which I can fit in more than one position. Pls ur reply as per the application letter will be appreciated
Re: Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony by chidirobert(m): 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
congregation bro so happy for u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! / List Of Successful Candidates For 2016 Naf Dssc Interview Screening / Africa Courier Express Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.