Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook (27240 Views)

Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
Humble:
1)Having or showing a modest or low importance of self.
2)Not haughty,not arrogant

Source:Merriam-webster dictionary.

Not my cup of tea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
freecocoa:
As far as I know, a humble person can also be proud so I don't see the need to choose, you just have to be on the positive side of pride.

Sounds cool. I see no reason to humble myself, I was created in God's image. cheesy cool
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
It's a rhetorical question.
Lol, aren't you something.cheesy
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
It's a rhetorical question.
Hmmm.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by thorpido(m): 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

Not my cup of tea.
Okay.It's not about what humble means,it's about how you want it to mean.That's alright.No law against that.
Mindfulness:

Sounds cool. I see no reason to humble myself, I was created in God's image. cheesy cool
Hmmm.Jesus is described as 'the express image of the Father'.He is also said to be meek-synonym for humble(Don't bother If you are not religious.Just checking your own words).

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by armyofone(m): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
grin lol, far from it. A pro here wink

freecocoa:
Sounds like someone doesn't like cooking.grin

I wish having to cook all the time is the only problem.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
In Education common entrance the cut off for boys is higher than girls despite them learning the same thing in the same environment
Lmao! This is unity cutoff mark.
Male and female have the same cutoff mark in other states.
Check this and tell me which gender is being cheated. gringrin

https://www.nairaland.com/2562674/shocking-cut-off-marks-federal#37477817

Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)

Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)

Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)

Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)

Zamfara – Male (4) Female (2)

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
freshvine:

Believe this, do this and sign the divorce papers except you aren't in Africa @ladies

See this one... men like that plenty. If my husband were a book, I would print/photocopy and sell to your lot, he would definitely be an International Best Seller ... grin

Imperfect me, loved and pampered perfectly. It's grace dear wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
Okay.It's not about what humble means,it's about how you want it to mean.That's alright.No law against that.
Hmmm.Jesus is described as 'the express image of the Father'.He is also said to be meek-synonym for humble(Don't bother If you are not religious.Just checking your own words).

LOL @express image of the father

Whether you are humble or arrogant, stupid or super clever, beautiful or ugly, rich or poor, generous or stingy, you were still created in his image.

It is good to feel divine. cool I love it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
armyofone:
grin lol, far from it. A pro here wink

Lol, I believe you, I cook well too but tbh, on somedays, l can't just be bothered.grin
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
lilmax:
certainly not me

You don turn shaggy.... 'it wasn't me' be that.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 12:06am On Nov 06, 2015
cococandy:

No be nairaland?
Dem dey shift position as the spirit leads.

All the people on this thread that are acting confused like they don't know such things as stated by the OP happen in real life, will be the first on another thread to tell a woman how she should make sure she limits herself to accommodate what the man wants in a wife.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 12:09am On Nov 06, 2015
babygirlfl:

Word.

You Don Kulyie with Picture messages...

I am tempted to think she has a collection she browses through when needed.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Caracta(f): 12:11am On Nov 06, 2015
Sometimes I read the posts of some men on NL and wonder and marvel at the level of fooolishness and astounding stupiidity displayed in the name of hatred against Nigerian women.

I keep asking myself if these men have mothers. It's appalling.

Every morning, as early as 5:30am, I see women rushing to work, waiting at BRT parks, running after a moving Danfo, etc. Nobody would see that. Let these same women go on an expensive trips to DisneyLand or whatever-honey-land for a vacation and you would hear how women are gold diggers or materialistic. And we have some men at home lounging, watching games and waiting on their submissive wives' income.

Kudos to all the sane Nigerian wives and mothers out there. Despite all the challenges and condemnation, things have not fallen apart.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 12:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

See this one... men like that plenty. If my husband were a book, I would print/photocopy and sell to your lot, he would definitely be an International Best Seller ... grin

I rejoice with you

LOL! @ divorce because you said your husband cooks for you

5 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 12:17am On Nov 06, 2015
FrancisTony:

I was also on that thread.

In my secondary school, labour (cutting grass, washing plates, cleaning gutters etc.) was shared per portion.

We had a marathon race every year; you line up house by house and everyone is released at the same time.

We were not treated any different except in housing us (hostels).

Even in the dinning hall, we shared tables.

Even in NYSC camp sef, everything was same.

Anyways, we see What we want to see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freshvine(f): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

You accept to be imperfect. Fortunately for you every male around you is near perfect. From your husband to your brothers, male friends, husband male relatives but only on nairaland that you'd seen weird males with distorted view of life.

My question to you is "who actually are those suppose males on nairaland" ? Aliens, No?

Please stop deceiving young ladies here with fallacy of emotion.

5 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 06, 2015
bukatyne:

In my secondary school, labour (cutting grass, washing plates, cleaning gutters etc.) was shared per portion.

We had a marathon race every year; you line up house by house and everyone is released at the same time.

Yup! I remember; the one that was posted on education section 2014.
Wasn't active on family section and didn't know you then.
I remember you commented why female cutoff mark is higher than male own and a dude quoted and insulted you saying it's all about feminism you know.

@2nd bolded, I attended day & boarding mixed school and can relate.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by thorpido(m): 6:50am On Nov 06, 2015
bukatyne:

Did you attend a Fed. Govt. College?
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 6:53am On Nov 06, 2015
thorpido:
Did you attend a Fed. Govt. College?

Yep
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by yorex2011: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2015
Well I'm just here to read comments...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2015
Lol, you people just come up with this stories everyday meen... una no dey tire??

Do you know how many threads we'd be creating daily if we were looking at the discriminations faced by naija men....

Lemme tell you a story...

In 2014, boko haram broke into a secondary school in this Nigeria, slaughtered all the boys and sent the girls home. Nobody made a fuss. As soon as they abducted a bunch of girls from a secondary school, bringbackourgirls was born... ddid we complain... hell no...

A recruiter friend of mine was telling me about how they needed to employ 6 people to fill an opening in his company, 10 people were interviewed 6 boys and 4 girls, based on result, the 6 boys fared better but some girls had to be employed, for some foolish reason, 3 smart boys had to go home inorder for 3 dumb girls to be recruited... fair or not fair?
Has anybody screamed discrimination yet?
It's way easier for a girl to be admitted into a tertiary institution than for a guy, a certain amount of women have to be admitted inspite of their perfomances... nd you think being a guy is easy??

As a dude, you have to sweat for every penny you have, ain't nobody gonna fvck and help you buy that car, 90% of single women in this country live way above their means, most don't work but have everything they need and it's not because they have rich parents...

Nobody calls you an idiot for not having a good job when you are a woman, nobody tells you are not "Man enough" if you are unable to provide for ur family... in this country, a single lady who has never earned a penny in her life calls a struggling young man a "poor fool" and nobody says anything about it...

[b]And for those talking about marriage, I just dey use one eye dey look una... It's way harder for a man to get married in this country, you need to have a good job, own a house, you also have to pay a huge bride price and if your wife happens to be from the south east, my brother, you are as good as dead... my uncle still harbours a grudge 30 years after marrying my aunt... His in laws nearly sent him to an early grave...
The baffling thing is that 90% of the Feminists in this section were picked up as soon as they were done with school with no achievement asides a certificate which most of them do not even intend to use... They move around this section talking about how their husbands are the best thing since sliced bread with no regards to the feelings of the other single miserable females who follow them and have so far been unable to catch that "knight in shining armour", they still turn around and chant "it's not easy to be a woman in this country"... You here stupid contradictory statements like "as soon as we are married, anything my husband owns automatically become mine and his mom is an intruder" the fact that they actually contributed zilch to the marriage, notwithstanding... [/b]

No sensible Nigerian man complains about all this, we actually find the show to be quite amusing...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2015
FrancisTony:

Yup! I remember; the one that was posted on education section 2014.
Wasn't active on family section and didn't know you then.
I remember you commented why female cutoff mark is higher than male own and a dude quoted and insulted you saying it's all about feminism you know.

@2nd bolded, I attended day & boarding mixed school and can relate.

Lols

What can I say?

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by thorpido(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2015
bukatyne:

Yep
Your school sounded like one.I attended one too.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 06, 2015
bukatyne:

Lols

What can I say?
Mine is a missionary boarding school with primary and private College of Education. grin
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Joy1706(f): 8:32am On Nov 06, 2015
freshvine:

You accept to be imperfect. Fortunately for you every male around you is near perfect. From your husband to your brothers, male friends, husband male relatives but only on nairaland that you'd seen weird males with distorted view of life.

My question to you is "who actually are those suppose males on nairaland" ? Aliens, No?

Please stop deceiving young ladies here with fallacy of emotion.
Calm down now. Why are you so pained? You can beg your own husband to start cooking for you na

9 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by babygirlfl: 8:35am On Nov 06, 2015
FrancisTony:

Surely, you don't believe everything you read on Nairaland.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by babygirlfl: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Enjoy darling and may your marriage continue to be a source of joy to you. Divorce will never know the way to your home. May God bless your husband abundantly.

3 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by babygirlfl: 8:43am On Nov 06, 2015
bukatyne:

You Don Kulyie with Picture messages...

I am tempted to think she has a collection she browses through when needed.

grin grin grin
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 06, 2015
babygirlfl:

Surely, you don't believe everything you read on Nairaland.
They need to re-assure themselves that male are more brilliant than female. The moment they realise it isn't all about gender, the better for them.

4 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by TooNoisy(f): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2015
njokusboy:
Lol, you people just come up with this stories everyday meen... una no dey tire??

Do you know how many threads we'd be creating daily if we were looking at the discriminations faced by naija men....

These are just the frustrations of failed women who always believe they are the victim. Forbes conducted a survey of the 100 most powerful women in Africa and 45% of them were Nigerians. The richest black woman in the world is a Nigerian. The former Prime Minister (Ngozo Okonjo Iweala) in the last administration was a woman and certainly the most powerful Minister (Diezani) was a woman.

The highest paid CEO is a woman (Sola David-Borha of Standbic Ibtc). Young female entrepreneurs abound in Nigeria, people in government, in the private sector. Our lazy women on Nairaland just love playing the victim card because of their failed lives. Rather than focus on how to better their lives, they come here and complain. Abeg leave them alone!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by TooNoisy(f): 8:47am On Nov 06, 2015
njokusboy:

The baffling thing is that 90% of the Feminists in this section were picked up as soon as they were done with school with no achievement asides a certificate which most of them do not even intend to use... They move around this section talking about how their husbands are the best thing since sliced bread with no regards to the feelings of the other single miserable females who follow them and have so far been unable to catch that "knight in shining armour", they still turn around and chant "it's not easy to be a woman in this country"... You here stupid contradictory statements like "as soon as we are married, anything my husband owns automatically become mine and his mom is an intruder" the fact that they actually contributed zilch to the marriage, notwithstanding...

No sensible Nigerian man complains about all this, we actually find the show to be quite amusing...

This is the best post I have seen. I only pity the gullible young girls that follow them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Told She Would Amount To Nothing By Grandparents, Finally Graduates / Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? / Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.