Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? (2374 Views)

Guys, Can You Ever Be Faithful To A Single Girlfriend? / Never Trust Girls, The Girl I Am Dating I Saw Her With Another Guy In Fast Food / Do You Still Trust Girls?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by Pittbaby(f): 7:40pm On May 14, 2009
about the other way around can a Naija gal abroad trust a guy in naija to be faithful grin
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by Lax75(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2009
I have never understood the long distance relationship thing. Especially international long distance. MOST especially with girls/guys in naija. There are some success stories no doubt, but I have heard of some horror stories. When it's bad, it is REALLY bad. Personally, I wouldnt do it. And neither would I advise Naija girls in diaspora to do it. Face it, the situation in Naija is one that gives opportunists a stupid excuse to do "what they have to do" sometimes. I have a cousin who married someone who lives in London. Turns out that the guy happened to pregnate a couple of other chicks while he was in london and she lived in Naija.  So she has a baby for him, and so do two other women in London.

I'm not saying this is the case with all Diaspora-Naija relationships, but sometimes you can slim down your chances of catastrophes/drama by avoiding this kind of relationship.

I would rather just find me a naija sister within the same country at least.

My 2 cents.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by Pittbaby(f): 7:56pm On May 14, 2009
Lax75:

I have never understood the long distance relationship thing. Especially international long distance. MOST especially with girls/guys in naija. There are some success stories no doubt, but I have heard of some horror stories. When it's bad, it is REALLY bad. Personally, I wouldnt do it. And neither would I advise Naija girls in diaspora to do it. Face it, the situation in Naija is one that gives opportunists a stupid excuse to do "what they have to do" sometimes. I have a cousin who married someone who lives in London. Turns out that the guy happened to pregnate a couple of other chicks while he was in london and she lived in Naija.  So she has a baby for him, and so do two other women in London.

I'm not saying this is the case with all Diaspora-Naija relationships, but sometimes you can slim down your chances of catastrophes/drama by avoiding this kind of relationship.

I would rather just find me a naija sister within the same country at least.
My 2 cents.

Not always so black and white , but i agree about the oppurtunist thing
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by na2day2(m): 8:07pm On May 14, 2009
Pittbaby:

about the other way around can a Naija gal abroad trust a guy in naija to be faithful grin

*****sighs*****
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by prittigrrr(f): 8:34pm On May 14, 2009
@na2day - All I am saying is that if you demand fidelity, be ready to give fidelity. If the girl or guy cheats, leave them and move on with your life if you demaanded absolute faithfulness but dont expect to reap a faithful fiance or bride when you yourself are off cheating in the diaspora. You reap what you sow.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by na2day2(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2009
prittigrrr:

@na2day - All I am saying is that if you demand fidelity, be ready to give fidelity. If the girl or guy cheats, leave them and move on with your life if you demaanded absolute faithfulness but dont expect to reap a faithful fiance or bride when you yourself are off cheating in the diaspora. You reap what you sow.

i get that but correctly relate it to the topic is all i am asking for
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by prittigrrr(f): 10:35pm On May 14, 2009
@na2day - you and I will ne er agree. I feel I am on topic. You feel I am off topic. I feel one question is unfair without the other. You feel it is unfair to interject an extraneous topic. We can not be rconciled and will never agree but I hope we can respectfully agree to disagree. I bid u peace.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by dsolution: 10:40pm On May 14, 2009
yes because it is possible if they can trust each other.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by hojimma(m): 12:02am On May 15, 2009
prittigrrr:

This is still on topic. It is ironic that this question is being asked and the women are being derided as cheaters when there is story after story and thread after thread about guys abroad cheating with, marrying, and having children with foreign ladies with the ulterior motive to return to their Naija sweethearts. I am not bashing anyone; but, I stand by my original post. The question needs to be asked whether the guy who demands fidelity on the part of the lady in Nigeria is giving her the same fidelity and faithfulness while he is abroad; or, is he bedding a temporary girlfriend until he is ready and able to wed the intended madam from Nigeria.

I actually agree with you point of view, but I know that I'm really trying to take the thing with this girl seriously, and that means keeping myself from other girls. there's no need for me to lie to her because if I intend to marry her then if I lie to her, I'm essentially lying to myself. If I catch disease then I will end up giving it to my wife. so you see this is how I look at things and that's why I take it seriously. I'm just hoping she's doing the same
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by prittigrrr(f): 1:32am On May 15, 2009
Well dear hojimma, you are a guy of commendable morals. I know of another man who had a lady in Nigeria and traveled abroad to the USA. They were to be married when the man could arrange for her to join him. The lady tired of waiting and got involved with another man. The guy ended up marrying an AA lady. Dear poster, all you can do is choose a lady with good character, pray God keep you both, and work hard to ensure you are reunited as soon as possible. I wish you all the best.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by na2day2(m): 2:05am On May 15, 2009
prittigrrr:

@na2day - you and I will ne er agree. I feel I am on topic. You feel I am off topic. I feel one question is unfair without the other. You feel it is unfair to interject an extraneous topic. We can not be rconciled and will never agree but I hope we can respectfully agree to disagree. I bid u peace.

let me guess, u r related to obama, right? agree to disagree, what is this world coming to, ppl wanting peaceful disagreement, where is the fun in that? 
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by prittigrrr(f): 3:24am On May 15, 2009
@na2day- LOL! No fun for me in disagreement, but I do enjoy a lively exchange of views. I tire on this one, though not for lack of conversation. I am just curious. Where are u located in the US? I am a southern girl (Tennessee).
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by opsydudu(m): 4:07am On May 15, 2009
naija girls are getting too much attention from guys in diaspora.

they can't be faithful for just one week,

just two weeks ago two friends had a big fight over a guy in UK because one snatched this guy from another. It was a terrible fight and a show of shame for these stupid ladies who don't have brains to think.

olorun lo mo oko oju ona, (not just for one tribe)

this is their ridiculous excuse for cheating and dating as many guys as their punany can take.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by na2day2(m): 6:03am On May 15, 2009
prittigrrr:

@na2day- LOL! No fun for me in disagreement, but I do enjoy a lively exchange of views. I tire on this one, though not for lack of conversation. I am just curious. Where are u located in the US? I am a southern girl (Tennessee).

i am in Dallas, TX, one of the best cities in the world Dallas is, the only thing we are ashamed of is our ignorant governor Perry who miss-spoke
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by whitelexi(m): 7:10am On May 15, 2009
Sure is better than trusting them over here tongue
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by erico2k2(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2009
Atttn.pritigrrr and all other ladies who live in the western world
9ja girls, got lil or no choice than to go 9ja go marry and they got lil or no choice to trust a guy from there, weather the guy faithful or not dont realy count, well my view, but waht do you think of the 9ja guy who escape poverty of our useles gov+system manage enter Uk or yanky to do, he wants a parmanent stay, how does he get this when his visiting or student Visa xpires eh, he seeks to look 4 ways to arrange his kpali, No one withc 4 9ja in the name of I love you wan tell am say make he no marry that britico or yankee babe to get his kpali abbi?its very sad but this is the harsh reality on ground,The buttom line is, unless the guy in question is legit man 4get plenty storey,he need to hammer one oyibo to give am kpali, but you guys back home or those born in the Uk n yankee, or those who got right to leave there before the left 9ja you would never know anything bout this cos you aint been fru it, same goes for the sisters too,but I recon the guys in 9ja dont realy care as far as the girl wan come remove them, all these talk bout trust is only %10 of the mater ohhh make una talk true for once instead of all this plenty grammer
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by JJYOU: 10:42am On May 15, 2009
erico2k2:

JJYOU, no there are no 9ja wife material where we at and yes we are limited to 9ja girls only cos we are talking bout marrying from 9ja Capri?
where are u? try looking beyond one communityand please dont believe the hype. i wish you luck
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by spikedcylinder: 11:08am On May 15, 2009
na2day?:

i go offer u slap offering ooo angry angry angry

Go chop saw dust. grin grin grin
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by djcrucifix(m): 3:37pm On May 15, 2009
It has been my experience that the only way to make someone trustworthy is to trust them and the way to make them untrustworthy is to distrust them.

that's very true but sometimes if you do that you end up regretting it.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by na2day2(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Go chop saw dust. grin grin grin

i tried, wasn't palatable, u try it tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by Lax75(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2009
I wouldn't do it as a guy. I'd rather just stick to naija girls here.
Re: Can Naija Guys Abroad Trust Girls In Nigeria To Be Faithful? by erico2k2(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2009
Lax75:

I always wonder how these kind of relationships are executed. Do the guys just go home on vacation, meet the girl within the short period of time and then they become an item? The shortly after marry them? Or is it that these are chicks that they've known from before leaving nigeria. In either case I still feel you don't really get to know the real person you are dealing with. So I wouldn't do it. No one is perfect, but I would rather deal with the known (naija girls abroad) than the unknown. On both ends, there will be people advising that the other person across the ocean is probably getting their grove on with someone else, they would probably advise them not to be a fool for love. As a result, even those with good intentions end up allowing these seeds to grow.

I wouldn't do it as a guy. I'd rather just stick to naija girls here.

My guy, if this so called known girl to you no get kpali and you sef no get kpali, can you stick to her? be honest here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does A Guy Has The Right To Seize His Girlfriend Phone? / I Need Some Spice In My Life / Do You Buy The Idea Of Marrying A Lady Far Taller Than You.(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.