Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? (6620 Views)

see what d bible says about Calling Of Pastors "Daddy" A Must Read / 10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 16, 2009
timmy7:

I dont know how these pple interprete the bible,even a look at d title of Matt 23 in kjv shows 'Jesus rebukes d scribes and pharisees' and the inference from the entire passage is in vs 12-''and whoever exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exhalted'' so vs 8-9 in essence is talking abt pple who crave so much for titles, ppl like 'venerable most apostle(Dr.) Lagbaja'. If we are to take the above verse the way these guys suggested then it is a sin 4 me to call my oldman father or daddy because-vs 9 says -do not call ANYONE ON EARTH YOUR FATHER, -

Wrong. Read it again to get the context to which the commandment is applied - Matthew 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; [size=14pt]and all ye are brethren[/size].
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Clearly this was refering to brethren i.e. members of the body of Christ. Is your father your "brother"?
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by Donliving: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
Jesus Christ have said it full stop. call no man on earth father for God is our Father in heaven( calling rev father, Papa, daddy, spiritual father is sharing God glory) and God can not share his glory to any body, for He is a Jealous God and a consuming fire. let all men be lairs and the word of God be truth.
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by sylve11: 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
Papa dey dey, oyoyo. grin grin cool
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by TableLeg(m): 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
It is simple .... They have been brainwashed thoroughly!
Insane!!!
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by Chilug(m): 6:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
I love my pastor so much I call him daddy. You got a problem with that?
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by alienvirus: 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Calling pastors Daddy silly. I pity redeemers in Adeboye.
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by DocJoseph(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
shocked cool Always read the Matthew 23:9 from all the Bible versions for better understanding...

Read Matt 23:9....

Amplified Bible
Do not call anyone on earth [who guides you spiritually] your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven...

Father in an informal form of Daddy....
Calling ur Biological father Daddy is not wrong, but calling ur spiritual Leaders (Pastor, Bishop, Pope, Evangelist, Apostles etc) Father or Daddy is very wrong... It means you're giving the respect or honor due to God to Pastors....

I myself, am Apostle Joseph Udoh, but I don't advise any of my members or Followers to call me *Daddy*

Note: Amplified Bible Version is the best...because it explains the text or verse better for ur beta understanding.

Well, Understanding the Scriptures is a gift from God to the Righteous or Chosen...especially those with d gifts of the Holy Spirit. God only reveal His deep TRUTH to the Righteous... not Mr. Flesh... Because, Mr flesh can never understand or believe the Truth, he will always try to twist d scriptures to suit his lifestyles...

God bless those that will LIKE my reply...
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by blahc007: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
KunleOshob:
It is clearly very unscriptural and against the teachings of christ, but then again how much of the teachings of christ do these penterascal churches follow?

Matthew 23:9:
9And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.
Do you have a biological father? What is he to you and what do you call him?
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by blahc007: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
KunleOshob:

The scripture i quoted was talking about calling someone in church father(i.e pastor, GO, e.t.c) and NOt one's blood father.
Seriously....you sure say no be you add those ones?
Re: Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? by blahc007: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2022
oluwdashmi:
@ topic
It is just to give respect although it is not compulsory cos I don't do so to every pastor.

You spoke my mind

Kunle, if this is the way you want to translate it like you always do by turning the bible upside down, I bet you are wrong cos the bible did not say in the church. Church is different from Earth, for earth comprises of everything in it.

And verse 10 of that scripture says "Neither be ye called Masters: for one is your Master, even Christ"

So how do you translate this? That you will not call your boss by boss or Master by Master or that you will not be called Boss by the people you superceed and supervise at work? Be careful with your translations and I have always told you that your purpose of studying the bible is to criticize and mislead as a top agent.
Aiii.....you are worded bro.

Many of his kind are here...studying the Bible just for criticism.

The word of God is "Quick and powerful" ie. It has life, can also produce life and it's effective for all things...

Those people studying for criticism can never experience the "life and power" in the word....because they seek and gather head knowledge to judge others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. / 2015 Prophecies For Nairaland Members & Nairaland Visitors / Religion Is The Pillar Of Humanity. Take It Away And We Collapse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.