Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,434 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372398 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin yet again you are assuming that Yahweh won't call another Lord because that's what you believe and are taught. But let us allow scripture to talk for itself, we need to know who the writer is in Isaiah 48:16 To determine if Yahweh will call another Lord or not. Clearly it is evident that Yahweh is the Speaker through out and not a single place did Isaiah speak. A point you have nit and cannot prove otherwise.Rightly so Yahweh has no master, we never said Yahweh had a master undecided undecided... grin grin grin, and all three are one... seems that is still confusing you.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Romans 14:11 KJV

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

What can we ascertain from these verses? That the same Yahweh is speaking,

Yahweh said as long as He lives every knee shall bow to Him,

Yahweh said Every knee shall bow to Jesus

Yahweh said Every tongue shall confess that He Yahweh is God

Yahweh said Every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord

So if Yahweh said Every knee and every tongue shall bow and confess that He is God and later says that about Jesus then Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh calling Jesus Lord is the same as Him calling Himself Lord and that's what you don't get through that thick skull of yours...

1 cor 15:27 And Phil 2:6 was written by one writer Paul in Corinthians he explained further on the authority Yahweh gave to Christ, Now get this and let is be the final time I say this, Sons are equal in essence and nature with their fathers, but subject to them in rank and authority. Likewise, Jesus as God’s Son is equal to him in essence and nature but subject to him in rank and authority.So Christ is currently enjoying a position of honor in which he is not functioning as the Father’s subordinate, but as one holding equal authority with the Father. It is only at the end of the age that Christ will then assume his role of subordination, a role which was his even before he became man by virtue of his being a Son.

Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." John 17:5

Here JESUS shared the same glory with the Father but Yahweh said in Isaiah 42:8 that He does not share His glory with anyone not even His Angels, So Jesus claiming to share Yahwehs glory with Him can only make him Yahweh. Yahweh is The Father, Son and Holy Spirit...

Paul who equally wrote Phil 2:9-11 didn't seem it fit to tell us that what he meant was that even though God gave Christ a name that's above every name, the giver is not subject to the receiver, a point he made so clear in Corithians, Paul could have never done that because He was attributing a verse from the old testament to Christ, Isaiah 45:23 which Yahweh attributed to Himself.

And lastly

Jesus is God because He can answer prayers and only God can answer prayers.....

I thank the Lord that people are out there reading and observing our posts...

We know you are a liar . so whoever takes your post serious without checking the facts is doing themselves.

Again , The Most high cannot call anyone Lord.

Lack of Bible knowledge is affecting you, Lord means Master! The Most High cannot have a master. have you read where Jesus used the Fact that someone higher cannot call another subordinate to him Lord to prove a point at Psalm 110:1 ? Have you ?

Jesus was telling his. Opposers that its impossible for David to call the Messiah " Lord " if he is just a son. He must BE HIGHER than David. They grab the logic and couldn't respond.
( Luke 20:41-44)

Unless u mean Jesus logic is useless. , I stand with Jesus and 1 Cor 15:27 . Its impossible for Yahweh to call anyone Lord . he is the most high!

Argue with Jesus grin u are free, I guess Jesus is assuming grin Face the Facts

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2018
Barristter07:

A very simple question: Did Jesus know the time of the end ?

That should not be hard for you. If Philippians 2:6 is about SUM . so answer .

Oniro Buruku . Liars

To answer simple question you shift to telling lies that Jesus never said he is the Son of God

@ Bold , Rev 2:18 Did Jesus call himself son of God or not ?

Liars .

Why is Jesus and the angels called " Son of God " but the Father is never referred to with that title ?

grin grin

Liars . If you didn't mean Nature is not Substance , what do you mean by a human Father and son are equal by Nature, Despite they have different qualities ?

Explain that and let's see If its Sum or Substance.

You think you can just muddle up things for us here , Face the facts!!!

U just started grin

How was Jesus begotten ?

By creation or Sex.

Face the facts.

grin grin grin interesting bruv how you understand scriptures, and how you don't understand common logic.

Let me start with this, you claim form is the body, and that God is the same being as Angels because they both have the same body. We see some angels having said to have some number of wings and others do not so within the angelic order and beings there are different types of body. You made it clear that since God is Spirit and angels are Spirit they are the same.which is stupidity because you claim God is a being just like the Angels. Now I pointed out to you that if that was the case then your dog is the same as you because your dog is a physical being, having a physical body which isn't different to yours, because you also have a physical body. So if we are to take SUBSTANCE alone then you are the same as your dog. But if we are to take SUM AND SUBSTANCE then you are not the same as your dog because of your nature, you are a higher better kind than your dog. Now concerning your father, you are of the same essense and nature as Him being human and not dogs, Your father is ONLY SUPERIOR TO YOU IN AUTHORITY AND NOT NATURE, Your father even though the same human being as you is greater than you in position not nature. But in comparing you to OTHER SPECIES AND KIND you are different. You and your dad are Human beings. It's just amazing that you still struggle with this..

JESUS calling Himself Son of God... funny that statement was made after He ascended to the Father. You have no clue what the doctrine of the trinity is and that's why you can't fully understand what we say. Jesus before His death and resurrection never claimed to be the Son of God but rather the Son of man, that was why He never claimed equality with God when He was on the earth but assumed the position of a servant. In Revelation Jesus said I am the first and the last, Alpha and Omega, beginning and the end. In Revelation Jesus claims to be co-equal with the Father and the Father also does the same...

When Thomas called Him my God and My Lord, He should have corrected him by saying no don't call me God as He did with the rich man that called him good master, he immediately said, don't call me good, only one is good that is God. A worthy statement of a humble servant. But He never rebuked Thomas. Christ accepted it.

I think the verse in Hebrews is explanatory enough for us to know that NO ANGEL was begotten as the Son of God.

But for better clarification let me quote Babu G. Ranganathan:

John 1:18 Scripture teaches that Christ is the "only begotten God" (this is the literal translation from the Greek New Testament). The word "begotten" in the passage comes from a Greek word from which we get our English word "generate". To "generate", in the context of how the word is used here, means to "bring forth" out of pre-existing substance, whereas "to create", properly, means to "bring forth" out of nothing. Just as sunlight is generated (begotten) from the Sun but is not created by the Sun, so, too, Christ was generated (begotten) from the Father but was not created by the Father."

From this and the scripture it is evident that the Son was begotten even before the creation of the world. So if He was begotten before the creation and God created All things through Him And for him even angels, then how come you say He's an angel?... ooooo JW's open your eyes and see how the devil is twisting your brains and minds.... I pointed out to you that even on your website on topic on what and who are angels your leaders said All angels including Michael and Gabriel were created through Christ. And later they turn around and tell you Michael is Jesus, how can Jesus create himself? This is how twisted and fooled they've made become...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2018
Barristter07:

We know you are a liar . so whoever takes your post serious without checking the facts is doing themselves.

Lack of Bible knowledge is affecting you, Lord means Master! The Most High cannot have a master. have you read where Jesus used the Fact that someone higher cannot call another subordinate to him Lord to prove a point at Psalm 110:1 ? Have you ?

Jesus was telling his. Opposers that its impossible for David to call the Messiah " Lord " if he is just a son. He must BE HIGHER than David. They grab the logic and couldn't respond.

Unless u mean Jesus logic is useless. , I stand with Jesus and 1 Cor 15:27 . Its impossible for Yahweh to call anyone Lord . he is the most high!

So is God the Lord and Master of Jesus Christ? DID Jesus call God Lord or Master? Kindly answer
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2018
Barristter07:

So is God the Lord and Master of Jesus Christ? DID Jesus call God Lord or Master? Kindly answer
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2018
Gruni1234:

You sir are very rude, I am amazed by your disrespect and if this is how Christians behave then I'm extremely disappointed. Also is there a warning that says, new members shouldn't contribute or follow a thread? If I am a new member are your posts limited to time and date?

I am not here to debate anyone, I am only here to observe, learn, and with sound mind see who has a valid point or not. Which I will continue to do. Have a blessed day.

This is not how Christians behave, this is how the JW's behave when someone sees the truth and confronts them. They became like wild animals. But if you support them they are nice and lovely... hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 11:57am On Nov 26, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin interesting bruv how you understand scriptures, and how you don't understand common logic.

OK, let's see.

Let me start with this, you claim form is the body, and that God is the same being as Angels because they both have the same body. We see some angels having said to have some number wings and others do not so within the angelic order and beings there are different types of body. You made it clear that since God is Spirit and angels are Spirit they are the same.which is stupidity because you claim God is a being just like the Angels. Now I pointed out to you that if that was the case then your dog is the same as you because your dog is a physical being, having a physical body which isn't different to yours, because you also have a physical body. So if we are to take SUBSTANCE alone then you are the same as your dog. But if we are to take SUM AND SUBSTANCE then you are not the same as your dog because of your nature, you are a higher better kind than your dog. Now concerning your father, you are of the same essense and nature as Him being human and not dogs, Your father is ONLY SUPERIOR TO YOU IN AUTHORITY AND NOT NATURE, Your father even though the same human being as you is greater than you in position not nature. But in comparing you to OTHER SPECIES AND KIND you are different. You and your dad are Human beings. It's just amazing that you still struggle with this..

form - /fɔːm/
noun
1. the visible shape or configuration of something.
2. a particular way in which a thing exists or appears.

In what Form does God exist ? SPIRIT

In what form does angels exist ? SPIRIT

So if Philippians 2:6 said Jesus exist in the Form of God, is it not saying he is a spirit being like God.

Now let me address that nonsense about humans and dogs.

According to Nature. humans and dog are same , all are categorized as " Earthly bodies " 1 Cor 15:41 and also as " Natural bodies "

But regarding Angels and other beings In heaven, ita categorized as " Spiritual bodies "

That's the FORM/NATURE in which they exist.

Father and son are not equal by Nature if " Sum " us taken into consideration ... Father exists before the son , Father Has different Abilities and Powers than the Son, they are never EQUAL by Sum.

But by substance equal.

That's why I asked the question earlier, If Nature means Sum and Substance . Jesus and his Father are never equal until you answer those two question's

1. Did Jesus know the end ?
If sum is taken into consideration, he should
2. Why was he addressed as Son alongside angels , but the Father is never addressed as Son ? ( If sum is taken into consideration)

JESUS calling Himself Son of God... funny that statement was made after He ascended to the Father.

You are a liar, didn't you say he never did ?

I know you will Lie again.

Check your comment below

You have no clue what the doctrine of the trinity is and that's why you can't fully understand what we say. Jesus before His death and resurrection never claimed to be the Son of God but rather the Son of man, that was why He never claimed equality with God when He was on the earth but assumed the position of a servant. In Revelation Jesus said I am the first and the last, Alpha and Omega, beginning and the end. In Revelation Jesus claims to be co-equal with the Father and the Father also does the same...

When Thomas called Him my God and My Lord, He should have corrected him by saying no don't call me God as He did with the rich man that called him good master, he immediately said, don't call me good, only one is good that is God. A worthy statement of a humble servant. But He never rebuked Thomas. Christ accepted it.

John 10;36 I said I am Gods son .

See your life.

I deliberately didn't cite this in the first instance.

I think the verse in Hebrews is explanatory enough for us to know that NO ANGEL was begotten as the Son of God.

Angels are Sons of God. Job 38:7

So. Tell us why they are called Sons of God together with Jesus ?

But for better clarification let me quote Babu G. Ranganathan:

John 1:18 Scripture teaches that Christ is the "only begotten God" (this is the literal translation from the Greek New Testament). The word "begotten" in the passage comes from a Greek word from which we get our English word "generate". To "generate", in the context of how the word is used here, means to "bring forth" out of pre-existing substance, whereas "to create", properly, means to "bring forth" out of nothing. Just as sunlight is generated (begotten) from the Sun but is not created by the Sun, so, too, Christ was generated (begotten) from the Father but was not created by the Father."

From this and the scripture it is evident that the Son was begotten even before the creation of the world. So if He was begotten before the creation and God created All things through Him And for him even angels, then how come you say He's an angel?... ooooo JW's open your eyes and see how the devil is twisting your brains and minds.... I pointed out to you that even on your website on topic on what and who are angels your leaders said All angels including Michael and Gabriel were created through Christ. And later they turn around and tell you Michael is Jesus, how can Jesus create himself? This is how twisted and fooled they've made become...

The Bible said Isaac was Abraham's begotten son, meaning he generates or procreates Isaac

How ? By sexual intercourse.

How does God beget Jesus?

( Isaac been begotten doesn't mean he is not a Creation as far as God is concerned )

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
zodiakzax:

Matt 11:25
At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord

Yahweh remains the Most High ( Psalm 83:18) , The Most HiGh will never call anyone Lord. Higher persons don't refer to subordinate as Lord. Jesus pointed this out. Jesus refer to Yahweh as Lord in the above verse because Jesus is not Yahweh, he is subordinate to him

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
zodiakzax:

This is not how Christians behave, this is how the JW's behave when someone sees the truth and confronts them. They became like wild animals. But if you support them they are nice and lovely... hypocrites

Says someone who keeps lying on this thread.

Another of your lie has been exposed above, abeg address am grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Barristter07:

Yahweh remains the Most High ( Psalm 83:18) , The Most HiGh will never call anyone Lord. Higher persons don't refer to subordinate as Lord. Jesus pointed this out. Jesus refer to Yahweh as Lord in the above verse because Jesus is not Yahweh, he is subordinate to him

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Matthew 11:25‭-‬26 KJV

Question is did Jesus call God Lord? Or Master?

You cited this verse, Jesus called The Father and said the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth.... Jesus did not call The Father there Lord.... Did Jesus said My Lord, or My master? That was the question so please come up with a better verse.

I will address the rest shortly...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
snnazzy24:
I have a few point against the facts stated about Jehovah witness.

1.. You claim not to participate in wars and for that reason Hitler killed a large number of your member, but even Jehovah himself was involved in wars to help the children of Israel according to the bible so who is deceiving who?

2.. You talked about 300 Jehovah witness members in prison in South Korea and Egypt because they refused to stop preaching or to be enlisted in the military but Jesus commanded to give to Caesar what's of Caesar and God what's of God, disobeying the laws of a nation is disobeying God, besides it was written that when you go to a person or people to preach and they refuse, you should dust off your shoes and leave peacefully, Christ didn't tell you to disobey. about enlisting in the military, even God's own people in the bible were listed in the military so where did you get your doctrine from?

3.. You talked about not saluting the flag or singing the national anthem well that's the highest point of hypocrisy because when you have problems such as Health, Security, or financial etc of any sort you go to people who swore oaths and respect the flag, you acquire educational knowledge from institutions set up by the same country you don't respect their flag, if you pledge your alliance to God then you shouldn't enjoy benefits like other citizens who pledged their alliance to God and their respective country. Your Jehovah should create or form another country for you or else you will continue to be treated as Aliens in any country.

if your leaders can review these facts and most importantly the doctrine of not giving blood to a dying person, I bet your religion would be the best to practice and promote peace in our world but I guess they wouldn't because all religion is nothing but nonsense.

Interesting.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
OneJ:

As regards Pharoah & Joseph, Gen41:39-41 is what I had in mind. Thanks for pointing it out. It's appreciated.

2). "so Christ even though was God did not consider himself equal to God", as U well know, it's a contradictory statement which the writer of Phil2:6,7 can not have written himself ,except his exact words were twisted to such an extent that it's contradictory

3) If Jesus is Almighty God and still consider himself inferior to God. John 14:28.
Thats not common sense , na mumu.

4) Phil 2:9-11, Jesus exalted position is to glory of God Yahweh, therefore, Yahweh is not under Christ's authority.
1 cor 15:24-27, sheds light on it in lucid details.
5) Thomas himself never called Jesus "our God". but "my God". Context is key.
Therefore, Christ is not Yahweh, whom Christ called the only true God John 17:3.
Shalom
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2018
OneJ:

As regards Pharoah & Joseph, Gen41:39-41 is what I had in mind. Thanks for pointing it out. It's appreciated.

2). "so Christ even though was God did not consider himself equal to God", as U well know, it's a contradictory statement which the writer of Phil2:6,7 can not have written himself ,except his exact words were twisted to such an extent that it's contradictory

3) If Jesus is Almighty God and still consider himself inferior to God. John 14:28.
Thats not common sense , na mumu.

4) Phil 2:9-11, Jesus exalted position is to glory of God Yahweh, therefore, Yahweh is not under Christ's authority.
1 cor 15:24-27, sheds light on it in lucid details.
5) Thomas himself never called Jesus "our God". but "my God". Context is key.
Therefore, Christ is not Yahweh, whom Christ called the only true God John 17:3.
Shalom

Hi, so I can deduce that you've accepted my remarks on the Pharoah verse you quoted as invalid right? It seems there was no rebuttal there. Good to know, we are heading somewhere.

I believe you are all running around in circles, when you confront each other, a topic must be picked, supported or debated by those for or against it. Then we will have a head way. Now I asked you what linguistical prove do you have to reject the other versions of the Bible, some versions which you yourself used like the KJV.

Point 2. Have been made clear from the other side that Christ was both God and Man. So as Man he's subjected to God and as God he's equal in nature. That fact has been made well proven.

Point 3-4. Guess appropriate answer is Jesus was man on Earth so saying the Father is greater than Him makes sense to ME because humanly speaking my Father is greater than me because He is my head and have more authority than me.

Thomas was an apostle right? Of Christ right? So this affirms that the apostles saw Christ as God. Thomas needn't call him Almighty God, most of the Apostles infact did not call God almighty. So you affirm that Christ is God since Thomas called Him God. Good that was easy. So we again making a head way.

Now Can you answer my question:

what linguistical prove do you have to reject the other versions of the Bible, some versions which you yourself used like the KJV.

Thank you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
brocab:
Who are you? Are you a listener-learning, then stay around and enjoy the scenes, if so join with us and learn better...

I'm a new comer, new to this place actually but my interest on your discussion became peeked high when,after I typed the words trinity, saw your thread with over 100 replies and responds. Spent some few hours catching up on the latest. Well I'm more of a learner and to ascertain truth for myself I have to be neutral and open minded to understand your remarks. I am on a quest to see if God does exist or not.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
The bible clearly says Jesus is God in John 1:1, "..And the Word was God". that should settle everything. But it amuses me why you people still debate on this issue.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
Gruni1234:
The bible clearly says Jesus is God in John 1:1, "..And the Word was God". that should settle everything. But it amuses me why you people still debate on this issue.

U are missing the point.
The Bible is inspired by God,YAHWEH.
2 tim3:16.
For this reason, Yahweh can not lie nor contradict himself. Num23:19. John 17:17
Jesus confirmed he is the son of God, Yahweh revealed it to Simon Peter. Matt 16:13-17.
Yahweh himself ,again spoke from heaven that Jesus is his beloved son. matt 3:16,17.

If U accept the fake but popular rendition of John 1:1 , U imply that Yahweh contradicts himself, that Yahweh is not truthful, he lied.

Besides, the fake but popular version of John is a linguistic fraud. Why?
"The word is with God, that's two distinct,different spirit entities.
Two distinct spirit beings can not be one spirit entity ,that is, the word who is with God can not be the God he is with (except U wanna commit fraud)

It might interest U to know that in 13 different Bible translations, John 1:1 reads " the word is a god" (or a god was the word"wink.

One of these is the Sahidic Coptic Bible which dates back to the 2nd century (far older than any English language Bible.)

"In the beginning existed the word,
and the word existed with the god,
and a god was the word"

(Pls Google "John 1:1 Wikipedia", read the entire content of the first entry,to see objective perspective on this matter)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
Gruni1234:

Hi, so I can deduce that you've accepted my remarks on the Pharoah verse you quoted as invalid right? It seems there was no rebuttal there. Good to know, we are heading somewhere.

I believe you are all running around in circles, when you confront each other, a topic must be picked, supported or debated by those for or against it. Then we will have a head way. Now I asked you what linguistical prove do you have to reject the other versions of the Bible, some versions which you yourself used like the KJV.

Point 2. Have been made clear from the other side that Christ was both God and Man. So as Man he's subjected to God and as God he's equal in nature. That fact has been made well proven.

Point 3-4. Guess appropriate answer is Jesus was man on Earth so saying the Father is greater than Him makes sense to ME because humanly speaking my Father is greater than me because He is my head and have more authority than me.

Thomas was an apostle right? Of Christ right? So this affirms that the apostles saw Christ as God. Thomas needn't call him Almighty God, most of the Apostles infact did not call God almighty. So you affirm that Christ is God since Thomas called Him God. Good that was easy. So we again making a head way.

Now Can you answer my question:

what linguistical prove do you have to reject the other versions of the Bible, some versions which you yourself used like the KJV.

Thank you.

Pls let me respond to your last question.

Because Yahweh is holy & perfect, his word is truthful, not contradictory.
Therefore, different chapters in the Bible can not be contradictory.
I've pointed out that Phil 2:6 in KJV ,NIV & most Bible versions contradicts John 14:28. If U cross check it in diverse Bible versions U will see it clearly.
But the rendition of Phil2:6 in ESV & NWT is very precise, lucid ,accurate & in agreement with John 14:28.

Phil 2:6 ESV
"who , although he was the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped."
https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Phil%202.6-9

NWT
"Who,although he was existing in God's form,gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God"
jw.org

in ESV, Phil2:8, "And being in human form he humbled himself.....

U see ,trinitarians twist v6, "he was in the form of God" to mean Christ is God himself.
But the truth is "the form of God" simply means Christ was a spirit being.,he had a spiritual body.
In v8 (ESV) "human form" means to fleshly body of mankind.

In Gen 41:40-41,
v40" you shall be in charge of my palace, and all my people are to submit to your orders.
Only with respect to the throne will I be greater than you"

Oga mi, Pharaoh made Joseph (let's call Joseph 'Sole Administrator') ,but Pharaoh ( the Head of State/ Commander in Chief) still had absolute authority over Joseph

(Compare 1 Cor15:24-27, the event took place in heaven, Yahweh had absolute authority over Christ, therefore, your points ( 2-4) are invalid.

1 cor 11:3 , Christ was already in heaven when Paul penned those words. That divine hierarchy functions in the heavenly realm, not only on this earth..
If in doubt, read Rev 1:1,that's hierarchy in practice.
Rev 3:12,14,21 was in the heavenly realm.

That's another hammer in the coffin of the mumu doctrine called trinity.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
Barristter07:

OK, let's see.

form - /fɔːm/
noun
1. the visible shape or configuration of something.
2. a particular way in which a thing exists or appears.

In what Form does God exist ? SPIRIT

In what form does angels exist ? SPIRIT

So if Philippians 2:6 said Jesus exist in the Form of God, is it not saying he is a spirit being like God.

Now let me address that nonsense about humans and dogs.

According to Nature. humans and dog are same , all are categorized as " Earthly bodies " 1 Cor 15:41 and also as " Natural bodies "

But regarding Angels and other beings In heaven, ita categorized as " Spiritual bodies "

That's the FORM/NATURE in which they exist.

Father and son are not equal by Nature if " Sum " us taken into consideration ... Father exists before the son , Father Has different Abilities and Powers than the Son, they are never EQUAL by Sum.

But by substance equal.

That's why I asked the question earlier, If Nature means Sum and Substance . Jesus and his Father are never equal until you answer those two question's

1. Did Jesus know the end ?
If sum is taken into consideration, he should
2. Why was he addressed as Son alongside angels , but the Father is never addressed as Son ? ( If sum is taken into consideration)

You are a liar, didn't you say he never did ?

I know you will Lie again.

Check your comment below

John 10;36 I said I am Gods son .

See your life.

I deliberately didn't cite this in the first instance.

Angels are Sons of God. Job 38:7

So. Tell us why they are called Sons of God together with Jesus ?

The Bible said Isaac was Abraham's begotten son, meaning he generates or procreates Isaac

How ? By sexual intercourse.

How does God beget Jesus?

( Isaac been begotten doesn't mean he is not a Creation as far as God is concerned )

who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God [as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes--the entire nature of deity], did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted [as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
PHILIPPIANS 2:6 AMP

Amplified puts it well and that should rightly be so. I leave that to my readers to know the truth

Nice of you to finally understand and bring up the human vs dog example, now it's getting through

Humans and dogs are both physical beings, yes, I never said they weren't, but are they the same kind just because they are both physical beings? No, SO BY SUM AND SUBSTANCE DOGS ARE NOT HUMANS.

Morphe means form,nature,character,kind

Kind: a group of people or things having similar characteristics.
synonyms: sort, type, variety, style, class, category, genre;

Chatacter: the distinctive nature of something.

So if morphe means form,nature,character,kind and we see the meaning of kind as a group or genre having similar characteristics, we also see the meaning of character as a distinctive nature of something, then we can say Humans by nature are not Dogs. Dogs are in their own kind as God created every animal after it's own kind, Humans are also another kind and what differenciates us is our nature....So the nature of God cannot be the same as Angels just because they are both Spirit Beings, God's Sum and Substance is beyond the Angelic beings. God's kind, sort, type, variety, style, class, category, genre is not the same as Angels.

if you still don't get that and still insist on your fallacy then I again leave that for others to judge.

2. I explained why Jesus did not know the end because He was a servant and a man and did not make Himself equal with the Father. Jesus humbled Himself to take upon himself the nature of man even though He was God.

Jesus again never said He was the Son of God when He walked the Earth, let's look the scripture

22.And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

23. And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24.Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29.My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30. I and My Father are one

31.Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32. Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33.The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36.Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
John 10:22‭-‬29‭, ‬31‭-‬36 KJV

JESUS spoke about Himself and the Father, a relationship of Son and Father, Jesus makes a bold statement that He was One with the Father making Him equal to God in essence and nature. The jews heard this and got furious because Jesus from His statement claims He's Gods Son, they wanted to stone him because he makes himself equal to God. JESUS quotes a verse to support his claim, and then uses that verse to ask the jews why they said He blasphemed? Was it because he said he was God's Son?

So where did He say He was God's Son? Jesus was referring to His statement from vs 25 to 30 where from his statement claims He was the Son of God and claims equality with God in nature and essence, I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE. This was what Jesus referred to when He said " because I said I am the Son of God?" He asked them a question, that was not a claim. If you assume it was a claim then kindly show me the verse wChrist was referring to that He said He was the Son of God?

Where did Christ say He was the Son of God? What verse was he referring to that He said so?

Where was Jesus addressed Son alongside Angels? show me..

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Hebrews 1:5‭-‬8 KJV

Well the writer of Hebrews didn't see it that way, no Angel was begotten of God as a Son. If there is kindly show me. Hebrews is clear that THE SON IS NOT AN ANGEL AND THAT THE SON IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN ONE. PERIOD UNLESS YOU DISAGREE WITH THE WRITER

I showed

New American Standard Bible John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time; [b]the only begotten God [/b]who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him

The Son was already begotten from the beginning. The Son wasn't begotten when He came as Man.

Monogenes : begotten

Beget is to procreate or generate

Isaac was Abrahams begotten Son, Abraham brought forth Isaac, Abraham generated Isaac.Yes through sexual intercourse of course, BUT ABRAHAM DID NOT CREATE ISAAC.

LIKEWISE GOD BROUGHT FORTH THE SON, GENERATED THE SON, BEGET THE SON BEFORE CREATION. GOD DID NOT CREATE THE SON, JUST LIKE ABRAHAM DID NOT CREATE ISAAC EVEN THOUGH ISAAC WAS HIS BEGOTTEN SON.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:17am On Nov 27, 2018
OneJ:

The words of Yahweh himself, that's the proverbial horse's mouth (matt 3:16,17.) & Jesus Christ direct statements ( John 3:16. 7:16,17. Matt 16:13 -17. John 20:17 ) & what his apostles confessed (Acts 3:13. John 20:30,31. Rev 3:12,14,21. 1 cor 8:5,6 &11:3) carries more weight than your famous forgeries & inserted fiction (John 1:1. 1 John 5:7, Rev 1:11 etc) to promote falsehood.

(Afterthought...)
" Jesus was calling God (YAHWEH) his FATHER "John 5:18 (' I am God's son,', Jesus said. John 10:34-36)
But the Pharisees lied that Jesus was " making himself equal to God" John 5:18. but Christ disagreed ( " the Father (Yahweh) is greater than I". John 14:28)

Today, the modern day Pharisees (brocab , Johnw47 ,solite3, Prime sky,Anas09 et al) have upgraded that lie & installed Jesus as Almighty God.
Trinity is a fundamental lie fit for the dustbin.
That's where it belongs.
Shalom

"But the Pharisees lied that Jesus was " making himself equal to God" John 5:18. but Christ disagreed ( " the Father (Yahweh) is greater than I". John 14:28)"

A distortion of scripture

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
John 5:18 KJV

grin grin grin Jews not Pharisees.. now get this clear and get it into your uneducated head, this was a statement by the writer John and not the jews, John said Christ was making Himself God and that was the reason why the Jews wanted to kill Him. So no Pharisees Lied here, because they were not even mentioned, no jews lied here because they never said anything....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 12:28am On Nov 27, 2018
@Zodiakzax,
"Who ,although he was in the form of God" simply means Christ Jesus was a spirit being, a spiritual entity.
No dull yourself with long jargon.
Human form simply means fleshly body.
God's form (the form of God) is spirit body.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 12:32am On Nov 27, 2018
zodiakzax:

"But the Pharisees lied that Jesus was " making himself equal to God" John 5:18. but Christ disagreed ( " the Father (Yahweh) is greater than I". John 14:28)"

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

grin grin grin Jews not Pharisees.. now get this clear and get it into your uneducated head, this was a statement by the writer John and not the jews, John said Christ was making Himself God and that was the reason why the Jews wanted to kill Him. So no Pharisees Lied here, because they were not even mentioned, no jews lied here because they never said anything....

Your ignorance is pardonable.
Pharisees did not fall from outer space.
The Pharisees were Jews, no dull yourself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:33am On Nov 27, 2018
OneJ:

U are missing the point.
The Bible is inspired by God,YAHWEH.
2 tim3:16.
For this reason, Yahweh can not lie nor contradict himself. Num23:19. John 17:17
Jesus confirmed he is the son of God, Yahweh revealed it to Simon Peter. Matt 16:13-17.
Yahweh himself ,again spoke from heaven that Jesus is his beloved son. matt 3:16,17.

it's very simple except for the blinded who of course have not the Spirit
if some cannot understand they should at least believe the Bible
but you fales jw's neither understand or believe God, and change what He says

God the Word(Spirit) became man(flesh)
the Word(Spirit) is God
the man(flesh) is the Son of God
Jesus is both God(Spirit) and man(flesh):

the Father is also God, and false jw's cannot understand that, or anything, of course

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 12:41am On Nov 27, 2018
zodiakzax:

zodiakzax with him korokoro lie on a public forum.
Cherry picker & twister of the holy scriptures... Lol
Pharisees were Jews ,it's a Jewish sect who practiced Judaism. They staunchly opposed Jesus & his followers.

No dull yourself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:59am On Nov 27, 2018
Barristter07:

Yahweh remains the Most High ( Psalm 83:18) ,

YAHWEH is the most high, Yahweh is a name for God
God, is God and the Word, john 1:1 plus many others, God and the Word is YAHWEH

Barristter07:
The Most HiGh will never call anyone Lord. Higher persons don't refer to subordinate as Lord. Jesus pointed this out. Jesus refer to Yahweh as Lord in the above verse because Jesus is not Yahweh, he is subordinate to him

lie lie barristter, you still lying and not believing YAHWEH

some verses showing that the Word Jesus Christ is YAHWEH, for you to not believe:

YAHWEH
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Jesus
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

YAHWEH
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Jesus
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

YAHWEH
Deu 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Incidentally, see at Deut 17:14 God is referred to as a mighty God, and we know that God is also referred to as Almighty God, they are not two gods, a mighty god and an almighty God as false jw say.

YAHWEH
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus
Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

YAHWEH
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Jesus
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

YAHWEH
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jesus
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

YAHWEH-Jesus was pierced

YAHWEH
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Jesus
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:08am On Nov 27, 2018
Crysthaniel

christians quote God's word
you false jw python man quote wikipedia
you believe wikipedia over the bible
but then you also believe that rainbows could be pythons, a little smile

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 
Psa 45:7  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
^^^ Father God anointed the Word God

Heb_1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:21am On Nov 27, 2018
johnw47:

it's very simple except for the blinded who of course have not the Spirit
if some cannot understand they should at least believe the Bible
but you fales jw's neither understand or believe God, and change what He says

God the Word(Spirit) became man(flesh)
the Word(Spirit) is God
the man(flesh) is the Son of God
Jesus is both God(Spirit) and man(flesh):

the Father is also God, and false jw's cannot understand that, or anything, of course

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The satanic spirit of falsehood , confusion& contradiction dwells in U.
The word ( one spirit being) was with God (a spirit being), two distinct spirit beings can not be the same spirit being except U get room at Uselu/ Yaba.
Mumu brain.

That's definitely not Yahweh, the ONLY TRUE God.
The head of Christ is God" Yahweh his Father (1 cor 11:3)
Jesus had gone back to heaven to live with Yahweh when Paul wrote that scripture.
U no go fit twist 1 cor 11:3. Rev 3:12,14,21.
"begotten of the Father" means created by the Father,Yahweh.
Mumu brain glued to mumu doctrine.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:56am On Nov 27, 2018
johnw47:
Crysthaniel

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 
Psa 45:7  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Heb_1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Mr Twister,
The son sits on Yahweh's throne, don't twist it there.
Jesus said the throne is for Yahweh his Father(Rev 3:12,21) & "therefore Yahweh, your God anointed. thee (Jesus) with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (companions, sons of God, ( Angels) Heb 1:8,9& Ps 45:7
1 chr 28:5. Luke 1:31-33
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 2:01am On Nov 27, 2018
johnw47:
Crysthaniel

Wikipedia gives exposure to your lies & forgeries in the holy scriptures U are sharing to deceive gullible people
Mr Twister,
Jesus said the throne is for Yahweh his Father(Rev 3:12,21) & "therefore Yahweh, your God anointed. thee (Jesus) with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (companions, sons of God, ( Angels) Heb 1:8,9& Ps 45:7
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 4:28am On Nov 27, 2018
OneJ:

The satanic spirit of falsehood , confusion& contradiction dwells in U.

talking about yourself again mumu man

OneJ:
The word ( one spirit being) was with God (a spirit being), two distinct spirit beings can not be the same spirit being except U get room at Uselu/ Yaba.
Mumu brain.

ha ha, talk about mumu brain
let's show your lies yet again false jw, that are in most if not all of your posts

God and the Word are indeed two Spirit beings, but not two diffrent spirits
they are that one Spirit that is God, just as john 1:1 and scores of other bible verses show, but you don't believe any of them oh son of your daddy the devil:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

OneJ:
That's definitely not Yahweh, the ONLY TRUE God.

God and the Word Jesus Christ surely is Yahweh the only true God
look at the YAHWEH Jesus verses i posted in above post to lie lie

but of course you false jw don't believe any of them, and change many, such are the liars of the world,
liars against God

OneJ:
The head of Christ is God" Yahweh his Father (1 cor 11:3)
Jesus had gone back to heaven to live with Yahweh when Paul wrote that scripture.
U no go fit twist 1 cor 11:3. Rev 3:12,14,21.
"begotten of the Father" means created by the Father,Yahweh.
Mumu brain glued to mumu doctrine.

ha ha, oh know nothing onej
of course the head of the Son is His Father

cannot stop lying false jw onej,
begotten means to bring forth out of pre-existing substance,
Jesus Christ has come from His Father God and His mother mary, the Father is a Spirit, mary is flesh,
Jesus's substance is mary's flesh and Father God's eternal Spirit, Jesus Christ is both God and man:

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

oh duh lying false jw
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Geoffreymgk: 4:34am On Nov 27, 2018
Nigerian JWs are the worst!
Some man was disfellowshipped publicly at the assembly some years Ago. So much for Holy Spirit and Protocol or repentance checking Rubbish!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 4:52am On Nov 27, 2018
OneJ:

Mr Twister,

confused mumu man onej, your confusion comes from having a head full of lies

oh duh, yes, Jesus and Father sit on the same throne, of course God and the Word = God,
sit on the throne of God

my point with posting the verses was to show that Jesus is God, smile

take a look at them again:

johnw47:
Crysthaniel

john 1:1 says "and the Word was God"
psalms 45:6 says to Jesus "Thy throne, O God"
next verse 7 says to Jesus "therefore God"
hebrews 1:8 says to Jesus "Thy throne, O God"

smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:05am On Nov 27, 2018
OneJ:

Wikipedia gives exposure to your lies & forgeries in the holy scriptures U are sharing to deceive gullible people
Mr Twister,

laughing,
my post wasn't about the throne of God, but is about showing that Jesus is God
the psalmist and the Father saying to Jesus " Thy throne, O God"
is showing that Jesus is God, oh blinded onej, smile

lying leads to much confusion false jw onej
you really are talking about yourself all those times you call christians mumu brain

here is my post again, just follow the yellow brick road bolded words,
it's not to hard to see that the post is about Jesus being God, for those not mumu, but hard for you: smiley

johnw47:
Crysthaniel

stick with your wikipedia confused onej
i will stick with God's word
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:23am On Nov 27, 2018
mumu man, if you want to post something without confusion on Jesus and the Throne
do it, and i will show up your lies there also

@bold, what am i saying, laugh

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.