Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372422 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 11:30am On Nov 24, 2018
zodiakzax:

There you are wrong again, you are using your limited human mind to know who Yahweh is.. I pointed out to you who the speaker was from vs 1, Yahweh, into vs 16 Yahweh, so why then do you SAY ITS ISAIAH AND NOT YAHWEH, all you did was to speak your mind that it's impossible that Yahweh should call another Lord, you have failed to show that it was Isaiah and not Yahweh. The scripture speaks for itself, false JW wants to put his own meaning into it as you do to others..

And that is why its difficult for you to comprehend the trinity when you quickly reject without any explanation simple verses that shows the truine God

Now Can Yahweh call another Lord, Yes

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Where does Yahweh reside? Heaven

So if everyone in heaven must bow and confess that Jesus is Lord then The Father does the same. If it said that at the mention of Jesus every OTHER knee should bow in heaven.... and every other tongue should confess...then we know NOT ALL WILL BOW, NOT ALL WILL CONFESS, AND SO WE CAN SAY THE FATHER WONT DO IT...BUT ITS ALL WILL..SO TECHNICALLY THE FATHER CALLS THE SON LORD...

You have completely failed my friend to defend this case. Anyone who reads this knows you done nothing to defend this just your stupid bubblings....

Once again good job explaining your points,.

Took my time to read the Isaiah 48:16 and it's clear it was God who speaks not Isaiah, to say is Isaiah is completely false and out of interpretation.

Barrister using your mind doesn't mean that's what the scripture says and as zodiakzax rightly put it human mind cannot comprehend/understand God. Rather look at the scripture in reference and deduce your understanding from it to understand God.

Barrister i suggest you defend the matter at hand by pointing out reasons in terms of scripture why you say it's impossible that God should call another Lord.

I believe you quoted a bible verse to support your claim zodiakzax, can we have that verse, now if that verse says what it says then barristers point is invalid to say God doenst call another Lord when by scripture it is evident that all and not some is to bow to Jesus and call him Lord. All presupposes that even God himself shall bow and confess that Jesus is Lord in order to glorify Himself and if by scripture God cannot do that then Jesus is God.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2018
johnw47:

God's inspired word shows that the Word Jesus Christ is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

the jews knew Jesus was saying: I and my Father are God, as in john:
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one
Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 
Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 
Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

of course false jw's change the plain and clear meaning of what God inspired, to their deprement:
Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Marvelously done, Yes Thomas indeed called Him God and Lord. You and the others are doing a great job defending the trinity, even though i don't believe in the existence of a God, I rightly appreciate logicians.

Now does God exist? What makes you think so?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2018
Gruni1234:

Point nicely made and logically put. I have been following your argument with barrister now and it is evident you are as a learned person should always aspire to do, explaining yourself well by defending all the words you have rightly put up. Barrister on the other hand, as smart debaters do, quickly put in words that you did not use, quickly divert the matter at hand into something else so the reader will think you zodiakzax is making a fool out of yourself, but not until one reads your defence and realise that barrister is using cheap gimmicks as a debator and has won no respect of mine as a neutral reader.

It is only clear that what you intend from the beginning is to point out that Nature is what makes up an entire being and differentiates that being from other beings even though they may be in the same realm or estate. So God as you rightly put it even though Spirit something He has in common with His creation, Angels, is Far superior and powerful than the Angels, hence God cannot be an angel because one is far superior in being than the other, hence Nature comes to play. Perfect example is the Human and Dog, and I wonder why barrister cannot understand this. Also remember zodiakzax that not all have the same intelligence as some, so even though sometimes frustrating you have to condone.

Well done. Note that you might think this is only an argument but some of us are actually following and learning

Thank you very much, he is just spewing nonsense.. and he lacks logic and understanding
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
@ Gruni1234, it's very obvious that U are even more confused than johnw47 and zodiakzax.

(In the first place, that Bible version (NIV) that zodiakzax quoted Phil 2:6;
"Who being in the very nature God did not consider equality with God as something to be used to his advantage" is BLATANT FORGERY of God's word.
"Who being in the very nature God"
That's a DISTORTION of the holy Scriptures.
Every other Bible version reads
"WHO BEING IN THE FORM OF GOD",
This is the correct rendition.
(Greek morfeo> "form", image, shape). What is the form of God?
Answer: God has a spiritual form, spirit body)
Jesus "did not consider equality with God, (Yahweh.) something to be grasped" or "used to his advantage" na BIG LIE .
Christ himself has no reason or basis to assume or think he is equal to God.
PROOF
"Jesus said, the Father is GREATER THAN I" John 14:28 .
U heard from the horse's mouth.
Christ. is not equal with God, them no be mate.

Gruni, can Jesus be that same God (Yahweh) whom Jesus has said is "greater than I (him"wink?

It's even more foolish quoting Phil 2:10 , " God (Yahweh) exalted him (Christ ) to a superior position"
and "made him (Jesus) lord and Christ" Acts2:36.
Stop twisting the truth, Yahweh never called Jesus "my lord", Christ is NOT the lord of Yahweh.
Yahweh gave Christ permission to occupy a superior position.
"I have come to you in the name of my Father. John5:43.
Gruni, brocab and all liars, God's word exposes the quicksand that u stand on.
Let the Bible speak for itself.

" For He (Yahweh) has put "verything under his (Jesus) feet".
Now when it says that. "everything" has been put under him (Jesus), IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE GOD (YAHWEH) HIMSELF
,who put everything under Christ"
1 cor 15:27.

King Pharaoh gave Joseph a superior position, yet Joseph was never equal to the king. Gen 40:39,40.
Can U be equal to your boss?

Thomas never called Jesus Almighty God. Moses was a God (Exodus 7:1 KJV), but he was never the Almighty God.
There exist only one true God, the Almighty, Yahweh/ Jehovah. Exodus 6:3, Psalms 83:18. John 17:3

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
mattew 24:36
“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the SON, but only the Father
I don't know why this account is in the Bible if The son is the father
to think of it
at Matt 3:16-17 Jehovah called Jesus his son with a voice straight from heaven.. How come then could Jehovah could be referring to himself
and at John 16:28 Jesus said I came as the Father’s representative and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and am going to the Father. if Jesus is the father why does he say he s going to The FATHER?

at John chapter 17 Jesus prayed to his Father how come Jesus is the FATHER?
verse 21 of chapter 17 of John gives us meaning of the statement 'i and my father are one' when Jesus said in prayer. "so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in UNION with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me."
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by success541(m): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
Jehovah witness are fake people

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
success541:
That's what you thought the. truth about Jehovah's witnesses is recorded in 2corinthians 6:8-10
through glory and dishonor, through bad report and good report. We are regarded as deceivers and yet we are truthful, 9 as unknown and yet we are recognized, as dying and yet look! we live, as punished and yet not handed over to death, 10 as sorrowing but ever rejoicing, as poor but making many rich, as having nothing and yet possessing all things.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Crysthaniel:
“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the SON, but only the Father
to think of it
at Matt 3:16-17 Jehovah called Jesus his son with a voice straight from heaven.. How come then could Jehovah could be referring to himself
and at John 16:28 Jesus said I came as the Father’s representative and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and am going to the Father. if Jesus is the father why does he say he s going to The FATHER?

verse 21 of chapter 17 of John gives us meaning of the statement 'i and my father are one' when Jesus said in prayer. "so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in UNION with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me."

Thank God the bible said no one knows the day or hour yet watchtower says end of the world is imminent and Jesus Christ came invisibly to earth and chose them in 1914.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
OneJ:
@ Gruni1234, it's very obvious that U are even more confused than johnw47 and zodiakzax.

Jesus "did not consider equality with God, (Yahweh.) something to be grasped"
PROOF
Gruni, can Jesus be that same God (Yahweh) whom Jesus has said is "greater than I (him,"wink?

It's even more foolish quoting Phil 2:10 , " God (Yahweh) exalted him (Christ ) to a superior position"

Now when it says that. "everything" has been put under him (Jesus), IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE GOD (YAHWEH) HIMSELF

King Pharaoh gave Joseph a superior position, yet Joseph was never equal to the king. Gen 40:39,40.

Thomas never called Jesus Almighty God. Moses was a God (Exodus 7:1 KJV), but he was never the Almighty God.
There exist only one true God, the Almighty, Yahweh/ Jehovah. Exodus 6:3, Psalms 83:18. John 17:3

Since you are now in Thomas's mind and now know what he was thinking when he said my God.

Your magazine has told you moses is now Jesus Christ because Thomas did not call Jesus Almighty God and they called moses a God in the Bible. Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
success541:
Freedom of speech is allowed. But U just dey make empty noise. U no dey shame ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Geoffreymgk: 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
Jws the weirdest fuvking church i know.
Self righteous lot too Lol just look at the ones Here
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
OneJ:

oh duh onej
that's funny coming from: the most confused, get it wrong, know nothing, false jw,
that's posting in this thread, laughing
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
OneJ:

Gruni, can Jesus be that same God (Yahweh) whom Jesus has said is "greater than I (him"wink?

oh duh most confused false jw onej
the Father being greater than Jesus, doesn't alter the fact
that God is the Father and the Word, john 1:1 and the many others bible verses that show so

can Jesus be the same God YAHWEH? you ask,
He certinally can and is:

YAHWEH
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Jesus
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

YAHWEH
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Jesus
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

YAHWEH
Deu 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Incidentally, see at Deut 17:14 God is referred to as a mighty God, and we know that God is also referred to as Almighty God, they are not two gods, a mighty god and an almighty God as false jw say.

YAHWEH
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus
Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

YAHWEH
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Jesus
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

YAHWEH
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jesus
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

YAHWEH-Jesus was pierced

YAHWEH
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Jesus
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2018
Crysthaniel:
to think of it

you lot are sure blinded

for the million'th time, Jesus is not the Father, Jesus is the Son, oh double duh
the Word Jesus and Father is God, john 1:1

remember all the verses posted showing that Jesus is God-YAHWEH,
no of course you don't, neither do you understand, which is proof of not having the Spirit:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rom_8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

^^^ and it's very obvious that you don't have the Spirit of Christ and are none of His
by your calling Him "a god"
and saying He is one of your two gods, almighty god and mighty god
and saying His body was not raised etc.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
Gruni1234:

Marvelously done, Yes Thomas indeed called Him God and Lord. You and the others are doing a great job defending the trinity, even though i don't believe in the existence of a God, I rightly appreciate logicians.

Now does God exist? What makes you think so?

i'm not defending the trinity
i am showing false jw's to be liars

i don't know if i can show anyone that God exists
it can probably be done from the Bible

i know he exists because He lives in me
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:22am On Nov 25, 2018
OneJ:
Gruni, brocab and all liars, God's word exposes the quicksand that u stand on. Let the Bible speak for itself.
Can't you see it? We preach at your door-we bring with us the Word of God-but you still don't receive it.
Jesus said I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
If we come to you in wolves clothing preaching Watchtower literature, you would receive our names with open arms!
You come to my door with your smooth talking, claiming Christ-instead you bring to me Watchtower literature, a comic book of Doctor Do Little talking to the animals expecting me to believe in fiction that has no power.
Gruni1234' johnw47 and zodiakzax and I come to you and bring with us the Word of God-which is the truth-and in return 'you cause division and offenses against me, against Gruni1234' against johnw47 and zodiakzax..
{Romans 16:17-18} Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple. {The weak and the brokenhearted}
OneJ:
Thomas never called Jesus Almighty God. Moses was a God (Exodus 7:1 KJV), but he was never the Almighty God. There exist only one true God, the Almighty, Yahweh/ Jehovah. Exodus 6:3, Psalms 83:18. John 17:3
You are right there is only One True God-your NWT Bible also say's Emmanuel meaning With Us is God."
So either way,Thomas didn't have to Call Jesus Almighty God-My Lord and My God-gives me enough evidence to believe!
As we all read through the scriptures, there is so much evidence to prove Jesus had all the qualification's to show us, He is the Father.
Old Testament / God - One Father {Malachi 2:10, Isaiah 63:16, I Chronicles 29:10, Isaiah 64:8}
New Testament / Jesus - One Father {John 10:30, John 14:9, Isaiah 9:6, Revelations 4:11, I Timothy 1:17}
And the Father said: to His Son “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
I believe it, because it is the Word of God, I believe the scriptures, where you don't believe-I also believe Jesus was never an Angel, you believe He is, it wouldn't matter what the Word of God had said, you still wouldn't believe it; even after He said: Which of the Angels have He ever said: “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”
The problem with you and I, is, I believe in the Word of God, you in the other hand believe only what you chose to believe, which isn't anything to brag about!
Old Testament / One God - Jehovah {Exodus 3:14, Exodus 15:26, Deuteronomy 32:39, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 45:11, Isaiah 41:4, Isaiah 48:11, Isaiah 43:10-11, Isaiah 44:8]
New Testament / One God - Jesus, {John 8:58, Ephesians 4:5-6, Matthew 4:23, Philippians 4:13, Revelations 1:8, Mark 1:24, Acts 9:5, Revelations 1:17, Philippians 2:5 - 6, Luke 9:26, Acts 4:12, Luke 2:27-30, I Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29, Galatians 3:20}
So by the scriptures, Jesus is everything you deny Him to be!
OneJ:

"Who being in the very nature God did not consider equality with God as something to be used to his advantage" is BLATANT FORGERY of God's word.
Jesus "did not consider equality with God, (Yahweh.) something to be grasped" or "used to his advantage" na BIG LIE .
PROOF

Stop twisting the truth, Yahweh never called Jesus "my lord", Christ is NOT the lord of Yahweh.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:37am On Nov 25, 2018
johnw47:

I"m not defending the Trinity"
Falsehood dey inside your blood.
What have U been doing on this thread?
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.... for there is no truth in him. Yet , because (JWs) tell you the truth, you do not believe"
John 8:44,45.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:44am On Nov 25, 2018
Yes the JW's tells us the truth alright, which way is the quickest way into Hell..
Matter of fact I don't believe your Church would even preach Hell..
But if you refuse to repent-you are going there!
OneJ:

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.... for there is no truth in him. Yet , because (JWs) tell you the truth, you do not believe"
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 2:00am On Nov 25, 2018
@ brocab, U shameless agent of falsehood dey quote scripture wey him no understand.For instance, John 5:43 where Jesus Christ statement;
"I have come to you in my Father's name"
is a direct contradiction of all the lies,& distortion of the holy scriptures that U & your mumu crew been posting on this thread.
"The Father is God, Jesus is not the Father, Jesus is God-Yahweh" ,mumu brain for life .
U have twisted the scriptures and based your contradictory statement on the lies U fabricated from distortion of the Bible.

Mr twister,
"To come in someone else's name " means what ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 2:09am On Nov 25, 2018
brocab:
Yes the JW's tells us the truth alright, which way is the quickest way into Hell..

Why u dey dodge this trinity topic dey bring in hell fire topic?
Jesus followed the route to hell, mumu brain.
The "eternal fire" of Sodom and GOMORRAH ( Jude 1:5-7. 2pet2:6) is in your backyard to torture those who do not believe the gospel of Christ.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 2:48am On Nov 25, 2018
johnw47:

brocab:

Your fellow peddler of Trinity on this thread lied that he's "not defending the Trinity" your mumu doctrine & U are here shamelessly backing him. ..
I'm not in the least amazed.
Siamese twins of falsehood,na una way

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:10am On Nov 25, 2018
OneJ:

oh confused false jw onej

ha ha, truly i am not preaching trinity to you or anyone
but i do use verses showing Jesus is God etc, to show up all of your false jw lies

and i have said more than once that i'm not interisted in teaching false jw's anything
but just showing up their lies, and posting bible verses for the benefit of others that read here

but of course you cannot stop lying onej, you are false jw

yes confused onej, John 8:44-45 is concerning false jw, showing that your father is the devil, and how when you speak lies you are just speaking naturally like your daddy:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 
Joh 8:45  And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 5:20am On Nov 25, 2018
OneJ:

Your fellow peddler of Trinity on this thread lied that he's "not defending the Trinity" your mumu doctrine & U are here shamelessly backing him. ..
I'm not in the least amazed.
Siamese twins of falsehood,na una way

here it is again for you confused and blinded mumu man
because i'm sure you won't understand it the first time, laughing:

johnw47:

oh confused false jw onej

ha ha, truly i am not preaching trinity to you or anyone
but i do use verses showing Jesus is God etc, to show up all of your false jw lies

and i have said more than once that i'm not interisted in teaching false jw's anything
but just showing up their lies, and posting bible verses for the benefit of others that read here

but of course you cannot stop lying onej, you are false jw

yes confused onej, John 8:44-45 is concerning false jw, showing that your father is the devil, and how when you speak lies you are just speaking naturally like your daddy:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 
Joh 8:45  And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2018
OneJ:

Why u dey dodge this trinity topic dey bring in hell fire topic?
Jesus followed the route to hell, mumu brain.
The "eternal fire" of Sodom and GOMORRAH ( Jude 1:5-7) is in your backyard to torture those who do not believe the gospel of Christ.

You even have to lie about the Bible passage to keep peddling falsehood. Where did the Bible say Sodom and Gomorrah fire is aka eternal fire?
You see you you just keep lying?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 10:24am On Nov 25, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You even have to lie about the Bible passage to keep peddling falsehood. Where did the Bible say Sodom and Gomorrah fire is aka eternal fire?
You see you you just keep lying?

U are very sick.
It's so obvious, oh enemy of Yahweh.
The Sovereign Lord Jehovah rebuke you.
Zech 3:2.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2018
zodiakzax:

Do you even read what I write?

Humans and dogs are different by nature, even though they are both physical beings.... you said Yahweh and angels have the same nature since they are Spirit beings... Now you rightly said Humans and dogs are different in form, why did you say that? Don't they all have physical bodies? Don't they all reside on Earth?
What differenciates them?

So likewise Yahweh and the angels, don't they all reside in Heaven? Don't they all have Spirit Bodies? What differentiates them?

So in answering, Yes both beings have PHYSICAL BODIES, both RESIDE ON EARTH, their NATURE differentiates them

2. Yes both beings have SPIRIT BODIES, both RESIDE IN HEAVEN,their NATURE differentiates them....

Seems you can't comprehend that... grin grin grin

Now
Phil 2:6

NIV
Who, being in very nature God, d[/b]id not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

New Living Translation
Though [b]he was God
, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

English Standard Version
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Berean Study Bible
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

Berean Literal Bible
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider to be equal with God something to be grasped,

New American Standard Bible
who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

King James Bible
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Christian Standard Bible
who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be exploited.

Contemporary English Version
Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.

Good News Translation
He always had the nature of God, but he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.

Do you know why some used nature and some clearly states He is God? Because of the Greek word used there Morphe which denotes nature,kind,type etc.. not SUBSTANCE.

You are forcing me to go down your line and that can't be because NATURE IS NOT SUBSTANCE.

Nature:

the basic or inherent features, character, or qualities of something.

synonyms: essence, inherent/basic/essential characteristics, inherent/basic/essential qualities, inherent/basic/essential attributes, inherent/basic/essential features, sum and substance,character,identity.

Nature by definition isbthe basic or inherent features or character or qualities of something.... this is the definition of Nature

And then Synonyms, essence,essential characteristics...... SUM AND SUBSTANCE.... have you realised it's not only SUBSTABCE but SUM AND SUBSTANCE

By Dictionary

Sum:

the whole of something after all the different features or parts that it consists of are taken into account:

Putting this meaning there it says nature of something is the total attribute or characteristics of something including every part of that thing...

SO STOP TRYING TO BE SMART AND USING THINGD I NEVER SAID OR USED IN OUR ARGUMENT....

You just started grin

You now admit by substance .. All have same NATURE. Phil 2:6 is about Substance. !!!

Now the argument has shifted to the highlighted , grin grin That further defeats you.

If we follow that highlighted , Jesus doesn't have Gods nature , answer the following :

1. Did Jesus know the time of end ? Answer according to the highlighted and let's see if Sum is what Phil 2:6 is about !

2. Why are Angels, Jesus ... all called " Son of God " , Whereas the Father is never called Son ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 10:58am On Nov 25, 2018
zodiakzax:

There you are wrong again, you are using your limited human mind to know who Yahweh is.. I pointed out to you who the speaker was from vs 1, Yahweh, into vs 16 Yahweh, so why then do you SAY ITS ISAIAH AND NOT YAHWEH, all you did was to speak your mind that it's impossible that Yahweh should call another Lord, you have failed to show that it was Isaiah and not Yahweh. The scripture speaks for itself, false JW wants to put his own meaning into it as you do to others..

And that is why its difficult for you to comprehend the trinity when you quickly reject without any explanation simple verses that shows the truine God

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So if everyone in heaven must bow and confess that Jesus is Lord then The Father does the same. If it said that at the mention of Jesus every OTHER knee should bow in heaven.... and every other tongue should confess...then we know NOT ALL WILL BOW, NOT ALL WILL CONFESS, AND SO WE CAN SAY THE FATHER WONT DO IT...BUT ITS ALL WILL..SO TECHNICALLY THE FATHER CALLS THE SON LORD...

You have completely failed my friend to defend this case. Anyone who reads this knows you done nothing to defend this just your stupid bubblings....

Hahahahaha, grin grin una just started . you don enter am

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2018
Zodiakzax , I really Pity you. This write up shows how deluded the Trinity turn people to . Now let's examine your defense
zodiakzax:

I never speak my mind , I speak with the scriptures . Psalm 83:18, grin grin

If Yahweh is the Most High , its impossible for Yahweh to call anyone Lord. For the records, Lord means Master. When someone is your master , they are higher than you. SO THAT RENDER YOUR POSTULATIONS USELESS .

So that explains why Yahweh won't call anyone Lord, so the one sent at Isaiah 48:16 cannot he Yahweh . he has no master!

Comprehende or you still want to disgrace yourself the more ?

grin grin grin So you can say this ? OneJ , your friend doesn't know the Bible , abeg help am .

See how ridiculous extent you can go. You are extremely confused individual.

The verse said " to the Glory of God the Father " . That EXCLUDE the Father !!! , it won't be to his glory again, if he is among. Receive sense

" For he has put everything in subjection under his feet. But when it says "everything" has been put in subjection, it is clear that this does not include the one who put everything in subjection to him. "

1 Cor 15:27

Read the ubderlined Till you can comprehend , and stop disgracing and showing your lack of bible knowledge Online.

grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2018
OneJ:

U are very sick.
It's so obvious, oh enemy of Yahweh.
The Sovereign Lord Jehovah rebuke you.
Zech 3:2.

When you keep on saying what the bible did not say. Hmmmm
When did what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah become eternal fire of Sodom and Gomorrah?
You be wan lie as usual.

3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a] standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

Thank God the passage said the Lord was talking to Satan and not onej talking to hairyrapunzel.

Lol. You always lie about what the bible says. I hope it's not schizophrenia that's worrying you sha?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:44am On Nov 25, 2018
Barristter07:
Zodiakzax , I really Pity you. This write up shows how deluded the Trinity turn people to . Now let's examine your defense

I never speak my mind , I speak with the scriptures . Psalm 83:18, grin grin

If Yahweh is the Most High , its impossible for Yahweh to call anyone Lord. For the records, Lord means Master. When someone is your master , they are higher than you. SO THAT RENDER YOUR POSTULATIONS USELESS .

So that explains why Yahweh won't call anyone Lord, so the one sent at Isaiah 48:16 cannot he Yahweh . he has no master!

Comprehende or you still want to disgrace yourself the more ?

grin grin grin So you can say this ? OneJ , your friend doesn't know the Bible , abeg help am .

See how ridiculous extent you can go. You are extremely confused individual.

The verse said " to the Glory of God the Father " . That EXCLUDE the Father !!! , it won't be to his glory again, if he is among. Receive sense

" For he has put everything in subjection under his feet. But when it says "everything" has been put in subjection, it is clear that this does not include the one who put everything in subjection to him. "

1 Cor 15:27

Read the ubderlined Till you can comprehend , and stop disgracing and showing your lack of bible knowledge Online.

grin grin grin

You that watchtower's teachings make you have delusion of persecution Nko?
See someone that is talking someone who thinks he will live forever in an imaginary paradise earth because he belongs to a new York publishing company called watchtower organization and obeys the teaching of the old men who rule the organization.

And the reason for this is because the old men who rule the organization said so and told him he must believe them or else he will be among the non jws they alongside their all loving jehovah will slaughter in Armageddon.
Lol. Pot calling kettle black.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2018
Barristter07:

You just started grin

You now admit by substance .. All have same NATURE. Phil 2:6 is about Substance. !!!

Now the argument has shifted to the highlighted , grin grin That further defeats you.

If we follow that highlighted , Jesus doesn't have Gods nature , answer the following :

1. Did Jesus know the time of end ? Answer according to the highlighted and let's see if Sum is what Phil 2:6 is about !

2. Why are Angels, Jesus ... all called " Son of God " , Whereas the Father is never called Son ?

OK let me answer your question. Since bible did not give you any explanation for your questions

Bible said only the father knows the hour or day. So the bible didn't go on to answer why the son doesn't know the hour or day.

The bible called angels the sons of God.
The bible called Jesus Christ the one and only son of God, bible said Jesus is God. We can't go beyond what the bible says

Except you want all of us to start assuming like you people. So we will point out your speculations. Because you guys make speculations out of assumptions you make and make it your beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2018
OneJ:

PROOF

Greetings, first of all, let me point out that I'm but a neutral reader, looking at evidences provided by both sides to ascertain what is and what is not. Leaning towards one person or group does not mean i support or approve of them, just logically putting it that group has made more logical and valid points than the other.

That said, mind the way you talk to people giving that you don't know who you are talking to, how old, and how knowledgeable. Standing in front of a phd holder in theology you are but a child who doesn't know why A is A and why B is B, you only know that A is A or that it B is B, so don't go about saying someone is confused.

Let me now address your points:

You make the claim that zodiakzax uses a wrong translation of the Holy Bible to ascertain his fact and that Every other bible version translated it as form. Problem with this is that he did not only use the NIV but several translations which he posted in his comments, some use the word Nature and some use form and others were to the point that He being God etc. So your claim there is Invalid. Also, What linguistical proof do you have that the NIV and other translated versions that render morphe as Nature are wrong as you claim? Now you said "Jesus "did not consider equality with God, (Yahweh.) something to be grasped" or "used to his advantage" na BIG LIE .
Christ himself has no reason or basis to assume or think he is equal to God." Well another problem again, It is evident that was what the verse Phil 2:6 is saying, the writer said "Christ was in the form/nature of God but did not consider Himself equal with God"
So Christ even though was God did not equal Himself to God.

To prove your case you cited several verses to defend yourself.Jesus said my Father is greater than I as point to show that Jesus Himself says God is above Him, so Jesus cannot be God, good, but the writer in Phil 2:6 clearly shows that even though Jesus was in the form/nature of God, he did not consider Himself equal to God, taking that into account, it explains why Jesus should say My Father is greater than I because he doesn't want to make Himself equal to God. And just as you insist that we should allow scripture to talk for itself, i think you should to.

According to my research into Christianity and of course a believer that God doesnt exist, i have come accross certain claims of Christians and especially Trinitarians, they believe Jesus was both Human and God at the same time, so Jesus makes certain strong claim like "I and My Father are one" ,.John 1:1 saying He is God and many more which I'm not conversant with.

Now OneJ let us examine as you aspire to let scripture speak for it self,

It is said God has highly exalted Jesus and given him a name which is above every name, so that at the mention of that name every knee should bend of those on heaven,on earth and under the earth and every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father.

Let us break this down, God exalted Jesus and gave Him a name Above Every name, so Jesus' name is above every name, when we say your name is above every name in your country we mean your name is superior to all others, no other name is superior. So his name is superior to God's but because the Trinitarians believe one truine God, this makes perfect sense on their part.

2. Writer said at the name of Jesus every knee should bow and confess in heaven: now zodiakzax asked a very striking question, where does God reside? And obviously heaven as believed by all Christians, so if every knee should bow in heaven then it means all beings in heaven should bow including God. Zodiakzax pointed out that if the writer should say every other knee then it supposed that not all will conform to this rule but " other "cannot be seen there. So all including God must conform and yet again because the Trinitarians believe in a truine God it makes perfect sense.

To further ascertain your claim you quoted genesis 40:39,40 I must tell you I looked through the entire genesis and I didn't get this only to find out that you made a mistake and that it was Genesis 41:39-40 you were referring to so next time be patient.

Now reading for myself your example, it is striking that you did not add the later comment of Pharoah when he said "only in the throne will I be greater than you" to your point. It is therefore evident that even though Pharoah gave Joseph authority over his kingdom he limited Joseph's authority to the rulership of the people alone and not to his role as king. So using this point to support your claim is also invalid for the only reason that Pharoah who being man knew very well that he had to limit Joseph in his authority, which is clearly stated in the verse. But in the case of Phil 2:9-11, there's no wording there to suggest that Christ was limited in His authority. It also could have said only in the name of God is his name not above, something like that but rather used the word "every".

You said did Thomas call Jesus Almighty God? Well there are so many verses that shows that God is not always referred to as Almighty God when ever he's been spoken off. In many cases the writers in the new testament didn't use the title Almighty God when talking about God, just like Phil 2:6 Where it is said he was in the form/nature God (not almighty God) consider Himself not to be equal to God (again not Almighty God) also Phil 2:9, wherefore God(not Almighty God) has highly exalted him, and many more verses where onmy God is used not Almighty God. So your point and logic here is invalid.

Exodus 7:1 from most rendering It is said Moses shall be Like God to Pharoah and not God, I think someone pointed out that your very own NWT renders it as such and that if you consider your NWT as the most authentic then why don't you stick to it as they stick to their sources. Why then do you want to use KJV, obviously because it supports your claim, and these tricks are what poor debators use. Obviously you won't accept the version of the KJ because most verses in it is against your believe and your NWT, for example in John 1:1 your NWT says The word was a god, when most sources including the KJV says the Word was God. You will obviously again say the KJV is in error as you seem to do to other versions like the NIV which go contrary to your understanding. So why don't you stick to your NWT as they stick to their sources as someone pointed out, which I think you should do providing the NWT was translated so you won't be misled. Let us stop using cheap gimmicks and rather boldly face the facts.

Yes indeed according to Christianity there exist only One true God and not gods, if that was true and if you accept that which you do why do your NWT say Jesus is another god when there can only be one God. I think this was a question most ask you. Which you have failed to defend in most cases but quick to use when defending your claims.

Here I should say again that I am for no group, if anyone makes a valid claim and proves it I will upon my own research deem it valid or not valid.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.