Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372022 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus is not God, and the Muslims, as we know declare categorically that Jesus is not God.
Therefore just reading this one little statement may lead a Muslim to say, “Oh this is just the same as us”.
So becoming a JW wouldn't be a surprise to anybody, you did say you were "X" Muslim!
All you need to figure out, is there life for you at the end of the tunnel?
TATIME:
Na wa ooooooooo. I said i've found the truth and it's ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses that's practicing it,so if you've gotten a better option just signify by mentioning their group name. Period! cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
TATIME:
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! Just tell us the group name of true Christians today. Period cheesy cheesy

oh duh, do God's people need group names
you can call us "God's Church" if you like

there are however group names for antichtists, such as "the jehovah's witnesses"
there are group names for pharisees of old, they are also "the jehovah's witnesses"
there are group names for other groups of people: "nazis", "klu klux klan", etc.

also my post was about: "whether Jesus is the Almighty or not can be resolved simply by quoting Bible texts"
you call that truth: "STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!" and change the topic because you were wrong in saying it cannot be resolved through God's word

you and other false jw's often change the topic, because you have no true answers

very deceiving, but then you are false jw, and of your daddy:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
zodiakzax:
Guys I have a nice for you... in this link JW's categorically in their topic Who or What are angels state that Angels were created by God through Jesus.

In their sub topic DO ANGELS HAVE INDIVIDUAL NAMES AND PEROSNALIITES; they said Yes. And went ahead to name the two angels they know by name being Michael and Gabriel.

Now if God created the ANGELS,Michael and Gabriel inclusive through JESUS then how come come Jesus is Michael? I mean evidently God created All angels not some through Jesus, so how come Jesus is also an angel?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-are-angels/

ha ha zodiakzax, they are very confused little puppies devils

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
TATIME:
TELL US
I wonder how fugitives of no DENOMINATION could be referring to themselves as a united family, imagine saying "US" when they belongs to diverse religious groups having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines. Chai Jehovah's Witnesses organization is truly standing against a great army of confused enemies as critics and religionists walahi grin grin grin

Since you don't understand the question let me rephrase it.

Tell us the name of group the true Christians in the Bible belonged to?

Abi name of group no dey Bible?

Since na must say Christians must belong to a named group to gain salvation give us the name of the group true Christians belonged to in the Bible.

I no at the end of the day after all your talk you will still not be able to give a name of one group cos there is nothing like that in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh, do God's people need group names
you can call us "God's Church" if you like

there are however group names for antichtists, such as "the jehovah's witnesses"
there are group names for pharisees of old, they are also "the jehovah's witnesses"
there are group names for other groups of people: "nazis", "klu klux klan", etc.

also my post was about: "whether Jesus is the Almighty or not can be resolved simply by quoting Bible texts"
you call that truth: "STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!" and change the topic because you were wrong in saying it cannot be resolved through God's word

you and other false jw's often change the topic, because you have no true answers

very deceiving, but then you are false jw, and of your daddy:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it

The name of the group today is TRUE CHRISTIANS.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
TATIME:
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! Just tell us the group name of true Christians today. Period cheesy cheesy

The name of the group of true Christians is TRUE CHRISTIANS.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2018
TATIME:
ARGUMENTS as usual! Abeg point to the religious group that's practicing what you're quoting, because Jesus warned that during the last days there will be false teachers deceiving many. OK you have told us that Jehovah's Witnesses are one of them,so
As you said: JW's are false witnesses..
TATIME:
If not then which group is preaching and teaching the truth in line with the doctrines of the first century Christians?
Are you confused which group? One must be born again before he can enter into the Kingdom of God {John 3:3}
{Philippians 2:21} For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ!
Looking out for your own understanding are shepherds that cannot understand: His light, is in, all truth!
You must be born again-you must be filled with the Holy Spirit! There is no other way to be with God, Jesus said: you can't go to the Father without Him!
A denomination can not save you-nor can you save yourselves-Jesus is savour in all the world, there is none like Him..
{Jeremiah 10:6, Psalm 86:7-9} No one is like you, LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power. In the day of my distress I will call on You, for You will answer me. O Lord, there is none like You among the gods, nor any works like Yours.
All the nations You have made will come and bow before You, O Lord, and they will glorify Your name.…In Jesus name..
If you truly believed in Christ you wouldn't be looking for a denomination-that believes what you believe, it is pointless to leave one denomination to another, when both agree on the same topic; "JW's and Muslim don't believe Jesus is God..
If you were really seeking for just the slightest truth-you would be seeking after Jesus, every religion recognises Jesus exist, but not every religion knows Him-visa versa, does Jesus know them, "I wouldn't like to think at the last hour-Jesus said: get away from Me I never knew you.
And if I was to search the scriptures I would be searching why the disciples were given the Holy Spirit, I would be asking why God doesn't live in man made temples "denominations!
The true Christians are those that truly believe, they accept the Holy Spirit with gladness-they know through the Spirit God don't live in denominations temples made with hands- but He is a God living in human temples, made by God!
Christians would sacrifice themselves for Him-Christians are led by the Spirit of God to believe His every Word 'our faith comes by hearing and by His Word..
{Romans 10:17} So then faith come by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
So why not try something different and leave your domain with the JW's and come with me, and ask Christ into your life-walk with all truth, because it is, His truth, that will set you free!
TATIME:
ARGUMENTS as usual!
Abeg point to the religious group that's practicing what you're quoting, because Jesus warned that during the last days there will be false teachers deceiving many. OK you have told us that Jehovah's Witnesses are one of them,so which one is the ORIGINAL group of Christ today? Abi it's only Jehovah's Witnesses that's false? If not then which group is preaching and teaching the truth in line with the doctrines of the first century Christians?
I've given all of you a PRACTICAL solution to all these arguments. If there are FAKE currencies in circulation and the central bank wants to help the masses, the ONLY thing to do is get the people acquainted with the ORIGINAL. That's all
So which religious group is practicing what Jesus commanded today? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
Crysthaniel:

yes of course your reply wasn't directed to Tat or me or any Jehovah's witnesses anywhere
it's directed to Jehovah's name.. and every man Will be rewarded Romans 12:19

Yep your strategy to divert focus whenever you are cornered, we don't do that because we know what we talk about... You lots are only being Lied to...

GOD CREATED ALL ANGELS INCLUDING MICHAEL AND GABRIEL THROUGH JESUS YET YOU CLAIM MICHAEL THE ANGEL IS JESUS SAME JESUS THROUGH WHOM ALL THINGS ARE, SAME JESUS THAT CREATED MICHAEL AND GABRIEL.. HOW CAN THAT BE?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:35am On Nov 23, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The name of the group today is TRUE CHRISTIANS.

yes, another name is "church of God"
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:38am On Nov 23, 2018
TATIME:

oh laughing at anything and everything fool tatime:
Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

God's people are those saved by God's grace through Faith, thay are from many of the christian churches

you can call us the "church of God":
2Co_1:1  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God

the church of God certinally don't teach that the Lord and Saviour of the whole world is "a god"
the church of God certinally don't teach that there are two gods
the church of God certinally don't teach that Jesus Christ's body was not raised

the teachers of that evil is the false jw church, a church of satan

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:07am On Nov 23, 2018
yes i like it

on one side you have the groups:
nazi party
klu klux klan
jehovahs witnesses org. etc.

and then on the other side you have:
"TRUE CHRISTIANS"

good one zak smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2018
Barristter07:

Isaiah Said Yahweh sent him. how does this support your absurdity ?

Where is this guy? Ooo maybe he's gone to sleep with their false god for knowledge to counter our claims, well sorry for him, by the time he comes the fire of the Spirit will consume all the falsehood in him...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:24am On Nov 23, 2018
Noticeable traits about JW's that I've experienced when confronted esp in person:

1. They lack Critical Thinking

2. They lack common logic

3. Not groom to know the scriptures but rather groomed to see the errors of scriptures and the main stream Christianity

4. Lack in-depth knowledge of the scriptures

5. Cannot think for themselves and on their own, hence becoming puppets

6. They always make a mockery out of themselves when a true bible scholar confronts them

7. Exploit the weak and unlearned in scriptures, since they can easily be swayed.

8. And are quick to run when asked sensitive questions they cannot answer...

Kindly add more if I missed some out.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
zodiakzax:

Well obviously thats exactly how you are taught, to pick what supports your claim and render the ones that do not useless even if it's coming from the same source. Basic or essential attributes of some means those are his primary attributes. When they say that is the basic attitude of someone or something means that's his essential attribute. That is why you see basic or essential. But false Jw will quickly scan through and pick one that his fellow unlearned and unseasoned Jw will believe.

Get educated, you are not a dog because you are not created after it's kind, even though you are both physical beings you are superior to your dog (assuming you have one )because of your human nature or kind. You are in every way better even though both of you walk the terrestrial realm. So what makes you different from your dog? Because you have an inherent characteristics that they lack and that is your intellect and you being made in the image of the creator.

Nature is what differenciates your entire structure as a being from another. God has He's own nature and that makes Him God. No one has the same inherent characteristics as God otherwise such a being will also be God. Is an angel God because they both reside in the celestial realm? Nay, blasphemy, an angel will even strike you for that. God is above an angel because of His inherent Nature.
He is UNCREATED,OMNIPOTENT,OMNISCIENT AND OMNIPRESENT.

Now get this from your own teachings about "truth about angels"

Angels are much more powerful than humans—​and they have superhuman intelligence. They evidently can travel at tremendous speeds, far exceeding the limits of the physical world.

Angels were created with personalities, divine qualities, and free will. Hence, like humans, they can choose to do right or wrong.

Despite their higher mental and spiritual powers, angels have limitations, and there are some things they do not know.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no5-2017-september/truth-about-angels/

So angels are similar to humans in certain ways but are far superior to humans. Do you get that?

So the fact that angels are spirits and God is also Spirit doesn't make them God because they were created creatures and as such have limits.

Angels are created, cannot be everywhere at the same time, do not know everything, and are not all powerful.

grin grin You don enter one chance with this post , will respond shortly

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
zodiakzax:

Well obviously thats exactly how you are taught, to pick what supports your claim
and render the ones that do not useless even if it's coming from the same source. Basic or essential attributes of some means those are his primary attributes. When they say that is the basic attitude of someone or something means that's his essential attribute. That is why you see basic or essential. But false Jw will quickly scan through and pick one that his fellow unlearned and unseasoned Jw will believe.

And regarding what I highlighted, You are clueless and COULDN'T REPLY . Good

Why did I pick that ? Because its relevant to this discussion

You said in a quote "
you and your father are both humans
not animals, angels or God. The nature of Humans differ from that of animals,.likewise the nature of angels from that of humans and God. Christ and God have the same nature (Phil 2:6).

So by nature , the above refers to SUBSTANCE , Can you now see my that you have comprehension issues ? Even your own post you don't understand grin grin

That explains why you need to answer the question: If I and My Father despite different qualities are HUMANS by Substance, Is GOD AND ANGELS Same Spirit Nature ?

Get educated, you are not a dog because you are not created after it's kind, even though you are both physical beings you are superior to your dog (assuming you have one )because of your human nature or kind. You are in every way better even though both of you walk the terrestrial realm. So what makes you different from your dog? Because you have an inherent characteristics that they lack and that is your intellect and you being made in the image of the creator.

Silly comment . Who compares Humans and dogs ? Dont Shift the goal post , You said and I quote: I and my Father have same substance ( Human) , Does God and the angels have same Substance ?

Na why I talk say you don enter one chance

Nature is what differenciates your entire structure as a being from another. God has He's own nature and that makes Him God. No one has the same inherent characteristics as God otherwise such a being will also be God. Is an angel God because they both reside in the celestial realm? Nay, blasphemy, an angel will even strike you for that. God is above an angel because of His inherent Nature.
He is UNCREATED,OMNIPOTENT,OMNISCIENT AND OMNIPRESENT.

A son and Father are Humans by nature. Despite different qualities.

Since your focus is their humanity by nature , abeg answer the question posed and stop per ambulating grin grin

Now get this from your own teachings about "truth about angels"

Angels are much more powerful than humans—​and they have superhuman intelligence. They evidently can travel at tremendous speeds, far exceeding the limits of the physical world.

Angels were created with personalities, divine qualities, and free will. Hence, like humans, they can choose to do right or wrong.

Despite their higher mental and spiritual powers, angels have limitations, and there are some things they do not know.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no5-2017-september/truth-about-angels/

So angels are similar to humans in certain ways but are far superior to humans. Do you get that?

So the fact that angels are spirits and God is also Spirit doesn't make them God
because they were created creatures and as such have limits.

Angels are created, cannot be everywhere at the same time, do not know everything, and are not all powerful.

Father and son are same by nature which is your argument ...

Based on the highlighted, Do you agree angels are equal to God by nature ( Substance) ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
brocab:
You stand at my door, and you ask me, how I came up with such conclusion! I am sure you have heard it all before!

Not relevant to what i asked.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin... Really Isaiah said that? One of your lots OneJ said that scripture is about Jesus now YOU say it's Isaiah that was sent.... undecided undecided undecidedconfused illiterates grin grin grin grin , Show me who the speaker was?and if it's Isaiah I will rest my case..

The speaker is Isaiah.
Let me think at your level:

Oh you mean third person of Trinity was sending the second person of Trinity ? grin grin I weep for Trinity. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
Barristter07:

The speaker is Isaiah.
Let me think at your level:

Oh you mean third person of Trinity was sending the second person of Trinity ? grin grin I weep for Trinity. grin grin

grin grin grin, exactly now your IQ is high since you want to think at my level... keep it there so we can have a great conversation since you are at my level

Here is the verse from vs 1, let's see if it was Isaiah talking

Yahweh from vs starts:

1.Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the Lord , and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.

2.For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The Lord of hosts is his name.

3. I[b] have declared the former things from the beginning[/b]; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.

4. Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;

5. I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

6.Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.

7. They are created now, and not from the beginning; even before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them.

8. Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the womb.

9. For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

10. Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

11.For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

12.Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

13. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

14.All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The Lord hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.

15. I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.

16.Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God , and his Spirit, hath sent me.

17.Thus saith the Lord , thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

18.O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

19.Thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.

20.Go ye forth of Babylon, flee ye from the Chaldeans, with a voice of singing declare ye, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth; say ye, The Lord hath redeemed his servant Jacob.

21. And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out.

22.There is no peace, saith the Lord , unto the wicked.
Isaiah 48:1‭-‬22 KJV

Yahweh definitely the speaker in vs 16,

Yahweh says come near me, He says I have not spoken in secret from the beginning, from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God and His Spirit,bath sent me.

So what makes you say it was Isaiah, since you are now reasoning at my level, kindly be unbiased and open minded and not stupid for that's how i am at my level...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
Barristter07:

You said in a quote "
not animals, angels or God. The nature of Humans differ from that of animals,.likewise the nature of angels from that of humans and God. Christ and God have the same nature (Phil 2:6).

So by nature , the above refers to SUBSTANCE , Can you now see my that you have comprehension issues ? Even your own post you don't understand grin grin

That explains why you need to answer the question: If I and My Father despite different qualities are HUMANS by Substance, Is GOD AND ANGELS Same Spirit Nature ?

Silly comment . Who compares Humans and dogs ? Dont Shift the goal post , You said and I quote: I and my Father have same substance ( Human) , Does God and the angels have same Substance ?

Since your focus is their humanity by nature , abeg answer the question posed and stop per ambulating grin grin

Based on the highlighted, Do you agree angels are equal to God by nature ( Substance) ?

grin grin grin

Kindly follow as I address your questions by breaking it down to a laymans understanding:

Who compares humans to dogs? Exactly.. you've answered your own question, if you can't compare humans to dog then why do you compare angels to God?

Seems that example is too high for you, but let me break it down for you because I know intellectuals will understand it nonetheless

You said who compares dogs to humans. Why? Because a dog is not human even though they are both in the physical realm. Why is the dog different from human because of our nature. and the fact that you are both physical beings doesnt mean you are of the same kind or nature. Likewise God and angels even though they are Spirit beings they differ in nature and kind. ANGELS ARE OF ONE KIND,CREATED, NOT OMNIPOTENT,NOT OMNISCIENT AND NOT OMNIPRESENT AND GOD IS OF ANOTHER KIND, UNCREATED,OMNISCIENT,OMNIPRESENT AND OMNIPOTENT. ANYONE HAVING THIS ATTRIBUTES IS GOD. SO IF ANGELS HAVE THIS CHARACTERISTICS THEN WE CAN SAY THEY ARE GOD BUT SINCE THEY DONT THEN THEY ARE OF THEIR OWN KIND,A DIFFERENT ONE. you get it now..

Secondly

NOPE.BY NATURE THE WORD DOES NOT MEAN SUBSTANCE SINCE FROM THE BEGINNING YOU ASKED THAT WE DEFINE NATURE BY USING A DICTIONARY WHICH I DID AND THERE WAS NO SUBSTANCE IN IT. BY NATURE WE MEAN INHERENT/BASIC/ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SOMETHING. SO ON THAT FOUNDATION I MADE MY STATEMENTS. YOU INDEED LACK UNDERSTANDING.

Now let me break this down for you again

In humans, your Father and you are the same in nature not authority, what makes you both HUMAN BEINGS AND NOT MONKEYS IS THAT YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME INHERENT ESSENGIAL CHARACTERISTICS. But as a Father and head of the house he's superior to you in authority alone..

Now Philippians 2:6

New International Version

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

New Living Translation
Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

English Standard Version
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Berean Study Bible
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

Berean Literal Bible
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider to be equal with God something to be grasped,

New American Standard Bible
who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

King James Bible
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Christian Standard Bible
who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be exploited.

Contemporary English Version
Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God.

Good News Translation
He always had the nature of God, but he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be used for His own advantage.

International Standard Version
In God's own form existed he, and shared with God equality, deemed nothing needed grasping

Phil 2:7

rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
Barristter07:

You said in a quote "

So all this one is because you are convinced that you are trying to save people who will otherwise be slaughtered/murdered/destroyed by your all loving Jehovah because they didn't distribute tracts for a new York based publishing company called watchtower organisation and obey the 8 old uninspired and fallible men who err in doctrinal matters and organisational direction who lead the company.
You also believe that you are trying to save them from being used as bird food in your imaginary upcoming new system.

How will you stand witnessing this greatest genocide in your head sef?
How will you stand the stench of 8 billion corpses?
How will you stand seeing vultures coming to eat the dead bodies?
How will you stand looking at skulls/skeletons of humans in your new system?

You guys will really suffer from PTSD, depression and anxiety disorders

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
It is relevant to me, as I said: you have heard it all before-hearing from me 'won't make a difference to you, your hardness of heart won't allow you to hear "truth.
Your intentions are to try to catch me out, so you could say in your heart' without giving any evidence 'brocab lies-it is a known fact that the Watchtower is accustomed to deny all truth what it practices through works only!
So I say 'You are one the same as the Watchtower-you keep on knocking and you can't come in! "Jesus said: “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
I say to you, 'I am not prepared to open my door for you-your works are not knocking to raise me up for Christ-you are knocking through works to save yourselves.
{Luke 18:12} The Pharisee prayed ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.
Barristter07:

Not relevant to what i asked.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin

Kindly follow as I address your questions by breaking it down to a laymans understanding:

Who compares humans to dogs? Exactly.. you've answered your own question, if you can't compare humans to dog then why do you compare angels to God?

Seems that example is too high for you, but let me break it down for you because I know intellectuals will understand it nonetheless

You said who compares dogs to humans. Why? Because a dog is not human even though they are both in the physical realm. Why is the dog different from human because of our nature. and the fact that you are both physical beings doesnt mean you are of the same kind or nature. Likewise God and angels even though they are Spirit beings they differ in nature and kind. ANGELS ARE OF ONE KIND,CREATED, NOT OMNIPOTENT,NOT OMNISCIENT AND NOT OMNIPRESENT AND GOD IS OF ANOTHER KIND, UNCREATED,OMNISCIENT,OMNIPRESENT AND OMNIPOTENT. ANYONE HAVING THIS ATTRIBUTES IS GOD. SO IF ANGELS HAVE THIS CHARACTERISTICS THEN WE CAN SAY THEY ARE GOD BUT SINCE THEY DONT THEN THEY ARE OF THEIR OWN KIND,A DIFFERENT ONE. you get it now..

Humans and dogs are different in FORM

That's why that analogy is wrong as I pointed out.

A human Father and Son Have the same substance /Form

So when we understand the substance and Form. In which God exist. Clearly this gets Self explanatory cheesy

Secondly

NOPE.BY NATURE THE WORD DOES NOT MEAN SUBSTANCE SINCE FROM THE BEGINNING YOU ASKED THAT WE DEFINE NATURE BY USING A DICTIONARY WHICH I DID AND THERE WAS NO SUBSTANCE IN IT. BY NATURE WE MEAN INHERENT/BASIC/ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SOMETHING. SO ON THAT FOUNDATION I MADE MY STATEMENTS. YOU INDEED LACK UNDERSTANDING.

Now let me break this down for you again

In humans, your Father and you are the same in nature not authority, what makes you both HUMAN BEINGS AND NOT MONKEYS IS THAT YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME INHERENT ESSENGIAL CHARACTERISTICS. But as a Father and head of the house he's superior to you in authority alone..

Nature is synonymous to Substance .

Have you forgotten you yourself quoted it?

Hahahaha grin grin grin

Now Philippians 2:6

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

New Living Translation
Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

English Standard Version
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Berean Study Bible
Who, existing in the form of God , did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

Berean Literal Bible
Who, [highlight] existing in the form of God, did not consider to be equal with God something to be grasped,

who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible
who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be exploited.

Good News Translation
He always had the nature of God, but he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be used for His own advantage.

International Standard Version
In God's own form existed he, and shared with God equality, deemed nothing needed grasping

Phil 2:7

rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

See how the above @ highlighted , explains nature as FORM /SUBSTANCE . your. Lies keep getting exposed.

Beautiful!!! , Now tell us . what is the form in which God exist ?
( question tagged A3#)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:18am On Nov 24, 2018
It's simple just read the scriptures "God is Spirit..
Barristter07:

So when we understand the substance and Form. In which God exist. Clearly this gets Self explanatory cheesy

Hahahaha grin grin grin

See how the above @ highlighted , explains nature as FORM /SUBSTANCE . your. Lies keep getting exposed.

( question tagged A3#)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:27am On Nov 24, 2018
brocab:
It's simple just read the scriptures "God is Spirit..

God exist in SPIRIT Form, are angels in that same form/nature ?

cc: Zodiakzax

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:34am On Nov 24, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin, exactly now your IQ is high since you want to think at my level... keep it there so we can have a great conversation since you are at my level

Here is the verse from vs 1, let's see if it was Isaiah talking

Yahweh from vs starts:

1.Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the Lord , and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.

2.For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The Lord of hosts is his name.

3. I[b] have declared the former things from the beginning[/b]; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.

4. Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;

5. I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

6.Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.

7. They are created now, and not from the beginning; even before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them.

8. Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the womb.

9. For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

10. Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

11.For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

12.Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

13. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

14.All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The Lord hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.

15. I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.

16.Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God , and his Spirit, hath sent me.

17.Thus saith the Lord , thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

18.O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

19.Thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.

20.Go ye forth of Babylon, flee ye from the Chaldeans, with a voice of singing declare ye, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth; say ye, The Lord hath redeemed his servant Jacob.

21. And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out.

22.There is no peace, saith the Lord , unto the wicked.
Isaiah 48:1‭-‬22 KJV

Yahweh definitely the speaker in vs 16,

Yahweh says come near me, He says I have not spoken in secret from the beginning, from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God and His Spirit,bath sent me.

So what makes you say it was Isaiah, since you are now reasoning at my level, kindly be unbiased and open minded and not stupid for that's how i am at my level...

Receive sense, its impossible for Yahweh to refer to anyone as Lord.

Psalm 83:18 described Yahweh as THE MOST HIGH . the Most High won't call anyone his Lord., so therefore the one SENT cannot be Yahweh

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:35am On Nov 24, 2018
The fellow keep avoiding those 3 questions grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:03am On Nov 24, 2018
God's inspired word shows that the Word Jesus Christ is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

the jews knew Jesus was saying: I and my Father are God, as in john:
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one
Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 
Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 
Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

of course false jw's change the plain and clear meaning of what God inspired, to their deprement:
Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:32am On Nov 24, 2018
JW if you are not sure about anything, test the Word of God, ask and it will be given, knock and it will be open, search the Word of God!
{Hebrews 1:14} Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
And yet you believe Jesus was Michael sent to earth to become flesh that lived among men, to save the world?
This is not scriptural!

This is scriptural {Hebrews 1:5,13} For to which of the angels did God ever say: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father”? Or again: “I will be His Father, and He will be My Son”? And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all God’s angels worship Him! {Angels can't even rebuke each other, let alone bow down before one}
{Archangel Lucifer wanted God to bow down before him-Lucifer was caste out of heaven, you in the other hand disobey the Word of God, you worshiped after Michael-now what did the angel say to John when He bowed down before the Angel?} {Revelation 22:8-9} And I am John, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had shown me these things. But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”…
This is one of the many reasons why Jesus made a point of telling us He is no Angel! But God Himself in the flesh!
{Hebrews 1:13} But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
JW this is why it is important to test the Word, Jesus had made His point through Hebrews 'this chapter gives us enough evidence to prove He is no Angel-Angels are not made to be worshiped-they are our fellow servants!
JW it's the scriptures that God speaks through to us, sadly there are to many religious people still trying to figure everything out through their own fleshly minds, instead of relying on the Spirit of God to teach them.
{Romans 8:5-11} For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, {This actually describes you, you set your mind on the things of the flesh, flesh is blind to the Spirit} "but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
JW If you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, and if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you, then you would believe..
{Your disbelief can't comprehend the scriptures 'Jesus said: I and the Father are One-Jesus was born as Emmanuel meaning With us is God, so what is this telling me, you are deafeningly not a born again Spirit filled Christian-You don't know God-nor does He know you!}
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, {Which is God's Spirit} He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Meaning to say, -Repent JW and turn from your evil ways-and believe the Spirit of God lives in the hearts of the believers-even so-test everything! If you don't like our answers then test them, find the scriptures where we are retrieving our answers, if what you read is written in the Word of God, believe it, don't fight against it, So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:37am On Nov 24, 2018
{Acts 17:11} Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
If you were to do this, the truth will set you free-simple!
Barristter07:

God exist in SPIRIT Form, are angels in that same form/nature ?

cc: Zodiakzax

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Barristter07:

Receive sense, its impossible for Yahweh to refer to anyone as Lord.

Psalm 83:18 described Yahweh as THE MOST HIGH . the Most High won't call anyone his Lord., so therefore the one SENT cannot be Yahweh

There you are wrong again, you are using your limited human mind to know who Yahweh is.. I pointed out to you who the speaker was from vs 1, Yahweh, into vs 16 Yahweh, so why then do you SAY ITS ISAIAH AND NOT YAHWEH, all you did was to speak your mind that it's impossible that Yahweh should call another Lord, you have failed to show that it was Isaiah and not Yahweh. The scripture speaks for itself, false JW wants to put his own meaning into it as you do to others..

And that is why its difficult for you to comprehend the trinity when you quickly reject without any explanation simple verses that shows the truine God

Now Can Yahweh call another Lord, Yes

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Where does Yahweh reside? Heaven

So if everyone in heaven must bow and confess that Jesus is Lord then The Father does the same. If it said that at the mention of Jesus every OTHER knee should bow in heaven.... and every other tongue should confess...then we know NOT ALL WILL BOW, NOT ALL WILL CONFESS, AND SO WE CAN SAY THE FATHER WONT DO IT...BUT ITS ALL WILL..SO TECHNICALLY THE FATHER CALLS THE SON LORD...

You have completely failed my friend to defend this case. Anyone who reads this knows you done nothing to defend this just your stupid bubblings....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2018
Barristter07:

Hahahaha grin grin grin

( question tagged A3#)

Do you even read what I write?

Humans and dogs are different by nature, even though they are both physical beings.... you said Yahweh and angels have the same nature since they are Spirit beings... Now you rightly said Humans and dogs are different in form, why did you say that? Don't they all have physical bodies? Don't they all reside on Earth?
What differenciates them?

So likewise Yahweh and the angels, don't they all reside in Heaven? Don't they all have Spirit Bodies? What differentiates them?

So in answering, Yes both beings have PHYSICAL BODIES, both RESIDE ON EARTH, their NATURE differentiates them

2. Yes both beings have SPIRIT BODIES, both RESIDE IN HEAVEN,their NATURE differentiates them....

Seems you can't comprehend that... grin grin grin

Now
Phil 2:6

NIV
Who, being in very nature God, d[/b]id not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

New Living Translation
Though [b]he was God
, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

Berean Literal Bible
Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider to be equal with God something to be grasped,

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Good News Translation

Do you know why some used nature and some clearly states He is God? Because of the Greek word used there Morphe which denotes nature,kind,type etc.. not SUBSTANCE.

You are forcing me to go down your line and that can't be because NATURE IS NOT SUBSTANCE.

Nature:

the basic or inherent features, character, or qualities of something.

synonyms: essence, inherent/basic/essential characteristics, inherent/basic/essential qualities, inherent/basic/essential attributes, inherent/basic/essential features, sum and substance,character,identity.

Nature by definition isbthe basic or inherent features or character or qualities of something.... this is the definition of Nature

And then Synonyms, essence,essential characteristics...... SUM AND SUBSTANCE.... have you realised it's not only SUBSTABCE but SUM AND SUBSTANCE

By Dictionary

Sum:

the whole of something after all the different features or parts that it consists of are taken into account:

Putting this meaning there it says nature of something is the total attribute or characteristics of something including every part of that thing...

SO STOP TRYING TO BE SMART AND USING THINGD I NEVER SAID OR USED IN OUR ARGUMENT....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2018
zodiakzax:

Do you even read what I write?

Humans and dogs are different by nature, even though they are both physical beings.... you said Yahweh and angels have the same nature since they are Spirit beings... Now you rightly said Humans and dogs are different in form, why did you say that? Don't they all have physical bodies? Don't they all reside on Earth?
What differenciates them?

So likewise Yahweh and the angels, don't they all reside in Heaven? Don't they all have Spirit Bodies? What differentiates them?

So in answering, Yes both beings have PHYSICAL BODIES, both RESIDE ON EARTH, their NATURE differentiates them

2. Yes both beings have SPIRIT BODIES, both RESIDE IN HEAVEN,their NATURE differentiates them....

Seems you can't comprehend that... grin grin grin

Now
Phil 2:6

NIV
Who, being in very nature God, d[/b]id not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

New Living Translation
Though [b]he was God
, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Good News Translation

Do you know why some used nature and some clearly states He is God? Because of the Greek word used there Morphe which denotes nature,kind,type etc.. not SUBSTANCE.

You are forcing me to go down your line and that can't be because NATURE IS NOT SUBSTANCE.

Nature:

the basic or inherent features, character, or qualities of something.

synonyms: essence, inherent/basic/essential characteristics, inherent/basic/essential qualities, inherent/basic/essential attributes, inherent/basic/essential features, sum and substance,character,identity.

Nature by definition isbthe basic or inherent features or character or qualities of something.... this is the definition of Nature

And then Synonyms, essence,essential characteristics...... SUM AND SUBSTANCE.... have you realised it's not only SUBSTABCE but SUM AND SUBSTANCE

By Dictionary

Sum:

the whole of something after all the different features or parts that it consists of are taken into account:

Putting this meaning there it says nature of something is the total attribute or characteristics of something including every part of that thing...

SO STOP TRYING TO BE SMART AND USING THINGD I NEVER SAID OR USED IN OUR ARGUMENT....

Point nicely made and logically put. I have been following your argument with barrister now and it is evident you are as a learned person should always aspire to do, explaining yourself well by defending all the words you have rightly put up. Barrister on the other hand, as smart debaters do, quickly put in words that you did not use, quickly divert the matter at hand into something else so the reader will think you zodiakzax is making a fool out of yourself, but not until one reads your defence and realise that barrister is using cheap gimmicks as a debator and has won no respect of mine as a neutral reader.

It is only clear that what you intend from the beginning is to point out that Nature is what makes up an entire being and differentiates that being from other beings even though they may be in the same realm or estate. So God as you rightly put it even though Spirit something He has in common with His creation, Angels, is Far superior and powerful than the Angels, hence God cannot be an angel because one is far superior in being than the other, hence Nature comes to play. Perfect example is the Human and Dog, and I wonder why barrister cannot understand this. Also remember zodiakzax that not all have the same intelligence as some, so even though sometimes frustrating you have to condone.

Well done. Note that you might think this is only an argument but some of us are actually following and learning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Covenant Promise" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.