Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (371147 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by haywizzy007(m): 11:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
grin Literally ROTFL!!!
CAPTIVATOR:
Let's answer a fool to show him he isn't wise.

God must have breast and penis too since humans are in his image . brain de.ad individual

Luke 24:39 - Spirit does not have flesh ( like Tongue is ) and bone ( teeth )
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 7:39am On Feb 14, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Of course you are laughing at your publishing company's false doctrines. Didn't that Revelations 20 also say that the dead shall be called out of the grave thus receive their bodies and then after judgement, the sinners among them would be cast into the lake of fire?
Learn to read the Bible as an integrated whole rather than picking the verses in isolation. Start bringing down the hell fire doctrine let's see na?

I said u don't have sense

Oya, silly NL Christian , the bold just proved nothing like hellfire exist right now!!! Hellfire gone down , first bullet that destroy rich man and Lazarus story _ they are in their graves . no shaking

Second bullet, That lake of fire, Is it not the same place the 7 headed imaginary beast , Grave, Death are also casted, Please explain to this thread if these ones I mentioned will burn forever , your explanation of this ones will tell us what Lake of fire meant.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 8:01am On Feb 14, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I just laugh at your goalpost shifting.
So Jesus' description of his death and resurrection with the imagery of the Jerusalem Temple that He would pull down and rebuild on the third day means that his death and resurrection were not real life but imaginary?

As per Jude vs 6: it is really a pity that this is what you have been relying on in your boast to prove wrong the existence of hell fire!
First and foremost, it is verse 7 and not verse 6 as you would have us believe.
That said, so you didn't notice that the word "suffer" is in the present continuous tense and not past tense?
It means the people of Sodom and Gomorrah still suffer the eternal fire till now in the sense that their souls, after physical death,, are still being punished in fire just like that of the rich man.
Had it said "suffered" then you would have had a point.

Even KJV put it more directly. Look at it here:
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Hope you can see suffering there in present continuous tense?

When I said you failed comprehension in school you thought I insulted you. See yourself now? Dundee united. Olodo!

grin grin grin Stupid boy, speaking with both side of the mouth, Have they been called from their Graves to receive their body like u said the other time ? If no, Suffering where ?

U are in soup .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:11am On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

I already gave a good report on non denominational trend , there are various of them with the tag " Christian church " etc but with varied teachings. I now understand why Barrister ask you to state your beliefs on those areas, you will be surprise how divided you and other non denominational people using the tag " Christian " vary . telling you , you are wasting your time. State your beliefs on those areas first, do you worship Jesus or God? john 4:23 , Others non denominational have different views on this too . Read that quote I gave you very well.

Brother, been a while . well done educating this unserious fellows like achorladey. someone said I belong to the Christian congregation but worship Jesus , another said I belong to Christian congregation but worship the Father . highly divided. But someone belief it's not important who you worship as long as you believed someone exist called Jesus which Jesus doesn't agree with going by John 4:23 . Clearly why , he couldn't state his beliefs , he is in a mess.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Instead of you to cry, u are not intelligent enough to know sit at home ministry is an appellation for someone who doesn't attend any meeting with others, just sitting at home.

Here is a good report on non denominational trend .

" There is actually no such thing. When a church claims to be “nondenominational”, what they are really doing is refusing to label their denomination. That church will still take stances on controversial issues of scriptural interpretation. The stance on a given issue may be that that issue is unimportant, but that claim is highly controversial in its own way: Who gets to decide which parts of the Bible are “unimportant”?

Now, what do so-called “nondenominational” churches do differently? Well, that depends. Which “nondenominational” church are we talking about? And differently compared to whom? " - Ronald Kimmons ,

grin grin grin grin

Beautiful!!! , But he refused to state his stances on matters , Scared he may be nailed . a Quote that exposed him brilliantly .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

It says " Earthly " , Jesus is in heaven directing things from there. That same watchtower you twisted says.

" IT IS awe-inspiring to contemplate that we are part of a vast universal organization. The visions recorded in Ezekiel chapter 1 and Daniel chapter 7 vividly portray Jehovah maneuvering matters to a grand climax. Jesus is taking the lead in directing the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization to focus on preaching the good news, to care spiritually for those carrying out this work, and to promote the true worship of Jehovah. What confidence this gives us in Jehovah’s organization!​—Matt. 24:45."

Seems something is affecting your eyes. As for the heavenly part of the picture , its a combination of image presented by Ezekiel chapter 1 and Daniel chapter 7 as explained.

No wonder Bro Barrister07 calls you a liar .

Thank you for the bold . was about to say that too
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2019
achorladey:

Barristter07: Finally brothers , continue to be readjusted. - 2 Cor 13:11.

Achorladey: What is needed to be READJUSTED in Matthew 23: 36-40 that made the GOVERNING BODY call themselves the MAN with the INKHORN and went AHEAD to seat on JESUS CHRIST SEAT judging people all over the place when the scriptures stated clearly that it is for Christ which the GOVERNING now believes.

This is just one of numerous case out there.

While this BELIEVE was HELD on to by the GOVERNING BODY and those they GOVERN, do you accept you are teaching what is FALSE?

Barristter07: Point remains this Christian congregation doesn't have scattered teachings, they all speak in agreement ... Completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought 1 Cor 1:10 , in cases where there are readjustment, EVERYONE is carried along. So we never speak in disunity.

Achorladey: 1 Corinthians 1: 11-13 For some from the house of Chloʹe have informed me regarding you, my brothers, THAT THERE are DISSENSIONS AMONG YOU. 12 What I mean is this, that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to A·polʹlos,” “But I to Ceʹphas,” “But I to Christ.” 13 Is the Christ divided? Paul was not executed on the stake for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

I only hope you you get the picture you were trying to paint, what was contained in 1 Corinthians 1:10 is said in advance by Paul to correct what was already a big problem in Corinth. You see am or not? DISSENSIONS is not a synonym for UNITY or AGREEMENT.

Barristter07: in cases where there are readjustment, EVERYONE is carried along. So we never speak in disunity.

Achorladey: That's is what INTERNALIZING the word CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION does to ones thinking.

You want to tell me that many of the Christian congregation denominations like yours don't do what you typed up there. SMH.

Taking a look at the larger picture those things that the GOVERNING BODY READJUSTED, while you still believe them and teach it before readjustment, do you consider yourself being part of the false Christian who teach falsehood in the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION at large?

Barristter07: U get it totally wrong.

Achorladey: Take your time to read through, you will get the sense of it with patience.

Barristter07: Can the same be said about you?

Achorladey: About my own CONGREGATION or What?

Barristter07: If I ask your view of Trinity, hellfire, Future hope...Would it tally with that of others among your unknown gathering ? Though we know u be sit at home ministry , but let's play along like you got united members you can relate with..

Achorladey: Asking questions like these is bound to happen because obviously from your mindset from the onset of our discussion the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES is not part of the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION, but unfortunately for you your name carries the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION before Jehovah's witnesses.

Now you want to play along with LIARS, STRONG HYPOCITE, ONIRO BURUKU e. t. c

Barristter07: They heard a wrong report about Paul, he never taught those things they said he taught

Achorladey: No one said Paul was teaching those things, which the Bible you cited below confirms

Barristter07: Act 21:24 "Then everyone will know that there Is nothing to the rumours they were told about you"

Barristter07: That's why they gave those advice to him NOT a matter of division.

Paul was not the one creating division it was the Jewish Christian who have not only become CHRISTIAN but were still ZEALOUS FOR ALL THINGS LAW and CUSTOMARY PRACTICES. Now you see where the DIVISION emanated from.

Barristter07: Have answered, Ephesians 4:13 UNITY of the Faith"

Achorladey: You seem to forget where this ONE FAITH palaver started. It started with Galatians 6:10 with you highlighting THOSE RELATED TO US IN FAITH. With your response above, let us bring back the question and see how well this your answer fit in.

Barristter07 at 5:50 pm Feb 04

Achorladey , Tell us this brothers with whom you are related in FAITH ? None ?

Barristter07 @ 10:40 Feb 07

Ephesians 4:13 UNITY of FAITH.

Achorladey: While I cited Galatians 3: 23 - 29. Do the analysis now and see how far this applies.

Barristter07: If you Re to ask different Witnesses their Christian view on Trinity, hellfire, Soul, Future hope . am certain they will express their Faith in one mind.

Achorladey: You want to ask them what your publications already taught and grouped as SATANIC DOCTRINES. All this teaching where most one them did not research and arrive at the conclusion on their own. I guarantee you most will resort to your publications as aid in answering those questions when posed to them. So as it were most were indoctrinated, it will be a waste of time and resources.

Barristter07: Achorladey, in your unknown Church ...

Achorladey: To that unknown CHURCH, which you seek is what I have continually and patiently DECLARED to you as THE CHRSTIAN CONGREGATION.

Barristter07: Are you United in Faith?

Achorladey: Yes ooooo, when you know the ONE FAITH, you will agree that we are united.

Barristter07: The colored prove Faith must be united

Achorladey: The issue discussed here was to show you that there were conflicting teachings in the Christian congregation back then in the first century which you have been trying to prove to be otherwise.

It is not Faith palaver that brought us here take a look at this as posted by you.....

Barristter07 @ 11:33 am Feb6

One fact is: there are no conflicting teachings among this Christians, even in the first century some lived sinful lifestyle BUT THAT’S DIFFERENT FROM CONFLICTING WAVES OF TEACHING.

Barristter07: Paul said he hand them over to Satan !!!

Achorladey: True, Was it for harm or beneficial purpose?

Barristter07: Jesus promise to deal with anyone with WRONG TEACHING and CLAIMING CHRISTIAN.

Achorladey: Na JESUS work, leave am make he do am. His promises don't fail.

Barristter07: Are your faith united in teaching?

Achorladey: Is faith and teaching the same. What is faith? What is teaching?

Barristter07: Will you state your beliefs in hell, Trinity, Soul , future hope ...

Achorladey: They are Satanic doctrines according to (Barristter07:2019) FUTURE HOPE as it relates to your doctrines na palaver on its own. SMH

Barristter07: Let's see how much you are UNITED in TEACHING with fellow members and friends of yours on this thread??

Achorladey: switching from TEACHING and FAITH repeatedly. Your case require patience.

Barristter07: Or you too have been handed over to Satan?

Achorladey: By who? Barristter07 I guess?

Until you state your teachings clearly on areas like Trinity, Hellfire and soul, future hope too, You remain an empty brass making noise , If you can state this, we will know if there is unity of faith - Eph 4:13 among you, or you are just a 419 misusing the Christian cover
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2019
achorladey:

CAPTIVATOR: With whom do you congregate?

Achorladey: Since you mentioned Hebrews 10:24,25. From the scriptures whom should I congregate with?

CAPTIVATOR: If you follow Kimmoms comment,

Achorladey: I don't even know your Mr. Kimmons, how do you want me to follow him, what you cited from wherever you have cited his comments or writings in relation with the discussion so far only tells me that you, you have indeed shown that the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are a denomination under the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION.

CAPTIVATOR: U are either in a denomination or refuse to name yourself

Achorladey: Is the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION a denomination? Will it be wrong to say I am a member of the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION?

CAPTIVATOR: ,that gives you the non denomination tag,

Achorladey: Is that so?

CAPTIVATOR: but even non denomination groups are many and different in variety. so he asked which none denomination group are we talking about?

Achorladey: You mean Mr Kimmons asking which none denomination is that? It's something for you to worry about. I am not the one who cited Mr Kimmons work.

CAPTIVATOR: No, Paul is not Sit at home,

CAPTIVATOR? he is an ASSOCIATE MEMBER of the existing CHRISTIAN GROUP of the time known as " The way ".

Achorladey: How do you know that "THE WAY" are a CHRISTIAN GROUP. I just hope you get the connection here. CHRISTIAN GROUP!!!!!! You make me laugh.

CAPTIVATOR: though circumstances FORCED him,

Achorladey: FORCED him to become what?

CAPTIVATOR: he never FORGET his brothers.

Achorladey: why should he? and FORGETTING ones brother is restricted to "NOT ATTENDING MEETINGS". hmmmmmmm.

CAPTIVATOR: Who are your own brothers in your non denomination group?

Achorladey: Go back and respond to the question based on who JESUS called his brothers. And those JESUS called BROTHERS before the discussion got to this point, are THEY DENOMINATIONAL or NON DENOMINATIONAL?

CAPTIVATOR: Sit at home, someone WHO HAS NO BROTHERS with whom they CONGREGATE.

Achorladey: According to the mindset of someone that should CAPTIVATE others. Hmmmmm, it is still your assumptions anyway because I have shown you that PAUL indeed had a successful SIT AT HOME MINISTRY. Na you join your friend in citing SIT AT HOME MINISTRY, I showed you it's possibility from the scriptures.

CAPTIVATOR:Failure at Hebrew 10:24,25

achorladey: What conclusion do I expect you to bring out going round in circles with a PROGRAMMED mindsets. Restricting not FORGETTING brothers to MEETING ATTENDANCE. Christians are to MARK register at EVERYTHING MEETING to show that they are NOT FORGETTING brothers.Smh!!!!!
People here might want to come to your meeting, drop your address

grin grin Okay, Captivator wants to come to your meeting, Give him an address.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 8:54am On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Beautiful!!! , But he refused to state his stances on matters , Scared he may be nailed . a Quote that exposed him brilliantly .

Lolzzzzzz , someone that said some people did not research their belief

achorladey
All this teaching where most one them did not research and arrive at the conclusion on their own. I guarantee you most will resort to your publications as aid in answering those questions when posed to them. So as it were most were indoctrinated, it will be a waste of time and resources.

You that have research, state it now . grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2019
achorladey:

CAPTIVATOR: With whom do you congregate?

Achorladey: Since you mentioned Hebrews 10:24,25. From the scriptures whom should I congregate with?

CAPTIVATOR: If you follow Kimmoms comment,

Achorladey: I don't even know your Mr. Kimmons, how do you want me to follow him, what you cited from wherever you have cited his comments or writings in relation with the discussion so far only tells me that you, you have indeed shown that the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are a denomination under the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION.

CAPTIVATOR: U are either in a denomination or refuse to name yourself

Achorladey: Is the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION a denomination? Will it be wrong to say I am a member of the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION?

CAPTIVATOR: ,that gives you the non denomination tag,

CAPTIVATOR: but even non denomination groups are many and different in variety. so he asked which none denomination group are we talking about?

Achorladey: You mean Mr Kimmons asking which none denomination is that? It's something for you to worry about. I am not the one who cited Mr Kimmons work.

CAPTIVATOR: No, Paul is not Sit at home,

CAPTIVATOR? he is an ASSOCIATE MEMBER of the existing CHRISTIAN GROUP of the time known as " The way ".

Achorladey: How do you know that "THE WAY" are a CHRISTIAN GROUP. I just hope you get the connection here. CHRISTIAN GROUP!!!!!! You make me laugh.

CAPTIVATOR: though circumstances FORCED him,

Achorladey: FORCED him to become what?

CAPTIVATOR: he never FORGET his brothers.

Achorladey: why should he? and FORGETTING ones brother is restricted to "NOT ATTENDING MEETINGS". hmmmmmmm.

CAPTIVATOR: Who are your own brothers in your non denomination group?

Achorladey: Go back and respond to the question based on who JESUS called his brothers. And those JESUS called BROTHERS before the discussion got to this point, are THEY DENOMINATIONAL or NON DENOMINATIONAL?
He said those doing Gods will are his brothers, one of that is declaring the Good news of Gods kingdom, are your so called brothers doing this Gods will too ? Matthew 24:14

CAPTIVATOR: Sit at home, someone WHO HAS NO BROTHERS with whom they CONGREGATE.

Achorladey: According to the mindset of someone that should CAPTIVATE others. Hmmmmm, it is still your assumptions anyway because I have shown you that PAUL indeed had a successful SIT AT HOME MINISTRY. Na you join your friend in citing SIT AT HOME MINISTRY, I showed you it's possibility from the scriptures.

CAPTIVATOR:Failure at Hebrew 10:24,25

achorladey: What conclusion do I expect you to bring out going round in circles with a PROGRAMMED mindsets. Restricting not FORGETTING brothers to MEETING ATTENDANCE. Christians are to MARK register at EVERYTHING MEETING to show that they are NOT FORGETTING brothers.Smh!!!!!

Hebre 10:24,25 meetings are important, like barrister ask: where is your meeting or address , drop it for anyone interested ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 10:44am On Feb 14, 2019
Peacefullove:

Oya, silly NL Christian , the bold just proved nothing like hellfire exist right now!!! Hellfire gone down , first bullet that destroy rich man and Lazarus story _ they are in their graves . no shaking

Second bullet, That lake of fire, Is it not the same place the 7 headed imaginary beast , Grave, Death are also casted, Please explain to this thread if these ones I mentioned will burn forever , your explanation of this ones will tell us what Lake of fire meant.

Abeg since the rich man is dead unconscious and in the grave how was he able to feel agony in fire?
Abi answer no dey?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 10:47am On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Brother, been a while . well done educating this unserious fellows like achorladey. someone said I belong to the Christian congregation but worship Jesus , another said I belong to Christian congregation but worship the Father . highly divided. But someone belief it's not important who you worship as long as you believed someone exist called Jesus which Jesus doesn't agree with going by John 4:23 . Clearly why , he couldn't state his beliefs , he is in a mess.

To name the denomination early Christians belonged to is very difficult for you guys because no Bible verse to support it. You just make man made laws not mentioned in the Bible and hold on to fake doctrines.
So in your mind you must belong to a denomination to be a Christian. Lol

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2019
Peacefullove:

grin grin grin Stupid boy, speaking with both side of the mouth, Have they been called from their Graves to receive their body like u said the other time ? If no, Suffering where ?

U are in soup .

Silly Zombie! You have with your own Bible citation roped yourself.
You keep reading and not ever coming to the knowledge of truth. Has the final day come to warrant the rhetorical question you asked above? Isn't it on the final day that Rev. 20:14 says the dead will be called out of their graves? Zombie follower of a publishing company!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:17am On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

He said those doing Gods will are his brothers, one of that is declaring the Good news of Gods kingdom, are your so called brothers doing this Gods will too ? Matthew 24:14

Hebre 10:24,25 meetings are important, like barrister ask: where is your meeting or address , drop it for anyone interested ?
You are now the judge of those who do God's will and those who don't. Lol
Just tell us you are Jesus Christ na
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2019
Peacefullove:

Keep fooling yourself. So its is no longer Jude vs 6 that you're going to use to pull down hell fire belief as you boasted ignorantly? I never knew your disease of picking out verses in isolation has even already worsened to the level of picking parts of my comments in isolation as well. Didn't you see the rest part of the bolded which says ".. they will be thrown into a lake of fire"?

And you have still not been able to show us the Bible passage which says the seven headed beast is imaginary.
And to think that a fool like you didn't see where I have actually explained that Death and grave in the context there are used metaphorically in reference to the Devil is the most disturbing thing about a supposedly educated person sheepishly following a publishing company.
My question which you have consistently refused to answer is this:
The day your manipulators in New York will claim they have seen a new light hence do some adjustments to this very belief you are here defending sheepishly, will you be independent minded enough not to start propagating that adjustment again as though it is the truth? Big fool!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm
Well you should have asked what JWs believe instead of this unwarranted assumptions.
For your information Jehovah has NEVER approved TORTURE even if such happens to be a criminal,Jehovah says "exterminate" as in kill or cut such person off from the living! Leviticus 17:10
I don't know where you got your own Bible from. Lev. 10:17 doesn't contain anything directly or indirectly concerned with approval or otherwise of torture by God. Only in your typical JW imagination does such exist. Here is what Lev. 17:10 actually says:
"If any Israelites or any foreigners living in the community eat meat with blood still in it, the LORD will turn against them and no longer consider them his people. So where is the issue of disapproval of torture by God here? Why do you JWs just enjoy quoting the Bible falsely thinking one would not look them up? Do you people think others Christian just swallow what they are told without checking the scriptures by themselves the way you JWs are programmed not to personally verify from the Bible whatever those 8 New Yorkers dump on you?
Now here is where some deamons confirmed it with their own mouths and words that God had set a time for their torture, yet you claim God doesn't approve of it?

Matthew 8:29....And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

TATIME:

So the LAKE OF FIRE means complete destruction. Adam died and returned to dust{Genesis 3:19} but his obedient descendants will have the privilege of been raised back to life. John 5:28,29
But PERSISTENT evildoers who refused to repent will join Adam in none existence,so DEATH,HELL{grave} and all evildoers including Satan and other falling angels will return to none existence. This is what the Bible refers to as the 'second death'.Revelations 20:14
Exactly how do all these conjectural merry-go-round answer my simple question as to whether the devil and the grave once literally died a first death to warrant them dying a second one?

TATIME:

The first death resulted from the inherited sin through Adam. Romans 5:12
The second death will only affect UNREPENTANT sinners,because Jesus' sacrificial death has paid the price to redeem us from Adamic sin{Psalm 49:7-10} but after resurrection into the new system any persistent sinner will die for his/her own sin! Revelations 20:12,13
If the first death was as a result of sin hence took the form of being separated from God not in the physical sense but in the spiritual one, then how and why would the second death be in the form of total destruction which would amount to physical form? Is God inconsistent? The context in which God used death as the wages of sin, and as the consequences for Adam's eating of the fruit was one of spiritual separation from God thus suffering on earth while still alive. So also the second death will take the form of a spiritual separation from God by way of sinners suffering eternally in hell while still alive.
Like I have always said; you took Psalms 49:7-10 in isolation again. The passage only refers to earthly existence and earthly death. It has nothing to do with eternity. Looking at the verse 11 of it which says:

"Their graves are their homes forever; there they stay for all time, though they once had lands of their own."; how come the wise (mentioned in the previous verse) who are supposed to be in heaven in eternity will share the same fate with the foolish (also mentioned in the previous verse) in the grave forever if grave here refers to second death?
TATIME:

So
*HELL{Sheol in Hebrew,Hades in Greek,simply means Grave}
*DEATH{return to none existence after last breath of a living soul but not yet permanent}
*LAKE OF FIRE{Jehovah's punishment on the permanent destination of unrepentant sinners}
Jehovah's final decision on DEATH,HELL and all evildoers is symbolised by LAKE OF FIRE.
All these did not answer my question as to when the devil and the grave had a first literal death and rose again in preparation for a second one.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
Deadlytruth:
I don't know where you got your own Bible from. Lev. 10:17 doesn't contain anything directly or indirectly concerned with approval or otherwise of torture by God. Only in your typical JW imagination does such exist. Here is what Lev. 17:10 actually says:
"If any Israelites or any foreigners living in the community eat meat with blood still in it, the LORD will turn against them and no longer consider them his people. So where is the issue of disapproval of torture by God here? Why do you JWs just enjoy quoting the Bible falsely thinking one would not look them up? Do you people think others Christian just swallow what they are told without checking the scriptures by themselves the way you JWs are programmed not to personally verify from the Bible whatever those 8 New Yorkers dump on you?
Now here is where some deamons confirmed it with their own mouths and words that God had set a time for their torture, yet you claim God doesn't approve of it?
Matthew 8:29....And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Exactly how do all these conjectural merry-go-round answer my simple question as to whether the devil and the grave once literally died a first death to warrant them dying a second one?
If the first death was as a result of sin hence took the form of being separated from God not in the physical sense but in the spiritual one, then how and why would the second death be in the form of total destruction which would amount to physical form? Is God inconsistent? The context in which God used death as the wages of sin, and as the consequences for Adam's eating of the fruit was one of spiritual separation from God thus suffering on earth while still alive. So also the second death will take the form of a spiritual separation from God by way of sinners suffering eternally in hell while still alive.
Like I have always said; you took Psalms 49:7-10 in isolation again. The passage only refers to earthly existence and earthly death. It has nothing to do with eternity. Looking at the verse 11 of it which says:
"Their graves are their homes forever; there they stay for all time, though they once had lands of their own."; how come the wise (mentioned in the previous verse) who are supposed to be in heaven in eternity will share the same fate with the foolish (also mentioned in the previous verse) in the grave forever if grave here refers to second death?
All these did not answer my question as to when the devil and the grave had a first literal death and rose again in preparation for a second one.
It's no need arguing facelessly and endlessly Sir! Just go and teach people in your neighbourhood what you know and don't forget to tell them that they shouldn't listen to JWs since all other religious group are TEACHING this same thing except JWs! God bless you. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Until you state your teachings clearly on areas like Trinity, Hellfire and soul, future hope too, You remain an empty brass making noise , If you can state this, we will know if there is unity of faith - Eph 4:13 among you, or you are just a 419 misusing the Christian cover
Haaaaaaaaaa! Brother achorladey attends all our meetings but remain opposed to Jehovah's Witnesses. That's why the fugitive has no resting place to call his church. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

CAPTIVATOR: He said those doing Gods will are his brothers,

Achorladey: Thank you, Mark 3: 35

CAPTIVATOR: one of that is declaring the Good news of Gods kingdom, are your so called brothers doing this Gods will too? Matthew 24:14

Achorladey: Yes MY SO CALLED BROTHERS are doing this God's will. Matthew 28:19,20 states so.

CAPTIVATOR: Hebrews 10:24,25 meetings are important,

Achorladey: As if I said meetings are not important before.

CAPTIVATOR: like barrister ask: where is your meeting or address , drop it for anyone interested?

Achorladey: MEETING address, www.nairaland.com/religion. You agree this is a meeting address?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Lolzzzzzz , someone that said some people did not research their belief

You that have research, state it now . grin

CAPTIVATOR:.Lolzzzzzz , someone that said some people did not research their belief

Achorladey: That statement is true , it's something you are aware of and it happens within the members of christian congregation of Jehovah's witnesses.

CAPTIVATOR: You that have research, state it now.

Achorladey: I will repeat it again just as I have done previously, John 14:6 states my belief in SUMMARY.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

People MIGHT come to your meeting, Are you not coming?

www.nairaland.com/religion is a meeting address, just a MENTION of my moniker on the platform is an invitation for me to meet. hahahahahaha!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:
Let's answer a fool to show him he isn't wise.

God must have breast and penis too since humans are in his image . brain de.ad individual

Luke 24:39 - Spirit does not have flesh ( like Tongue is ) and bone ( teeth )

God has right and left hand. I thought spirits don't have body parts. Brain dead individual.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Barristter07 : Until you state your teachings clearly on areas like Trinity, Hellfire and soul, future hope too,

Achorladey: Until you state your teachings clearly on areas like , Where did Jesus teach or the Bible clearly states.....that God has an ORGANIZATION right here on earth and uses a GOVERNING BODY to direct it and we all need to exercise faith in that ORGANIZATION, that the LAST DAYS began in 1914,
that 1914 was the time when Christ was first officially enthroned as kings towards all earth and that that calendar date marks the start of his parousia? e. t. c that JWs preach?

It's a pity many other CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS do not believe the TRINITY, IMMORTALITY and HELL FIRE like the JWS and this the JWS are aware, so why are you not in agreement with those other Christian denominations and fellowship with them?

Barristter07: You remain an EMPTY BRASS MAKING NOISE,

Achorladey: I have learnt about this adjective of yours previously, don't tell me you are running out of adjectives.

That God deemed it fit to redeem and make vessels of wrath fit for destruction something to add to his RICHES and GLORY. Romans 9: 22,23, I careless about those REMARKS up there. WETIN you GAIN from such? Shioooooor!

Barristter07: If you can state this,

Achorladey: Same scenario is waiting for you.

Barristter07: we will know if there is unity of faith - Eph 4:13 among you,

Achorladey: I will repeat it once again, what is the ONE FAITH that link us all as CHRISTIANS?

Barristter07: or you are just a 419 misusing the Christian cover.

Achorladey: A Barristter07 adept with DETECTIVE work that separates FAKE Christians from GENUINE ones. Why should I blame you, when the HEAD of the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATIONS of Jehovah's witnesses were comfortably sitting on CHRIST sit INKING those that will SURVIVE and those that WILL not. You cannot be blamed for that, it is ingrained in the system, it will take time to delete such from MEMORY.

Oga Barristter07, detector of 419ners, 2 Timothy 2:19 is still very much in the BIBLE, the Lord knows those who are HIS.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Thank you for the bold . was about to say that too

So ti e. Pele oooooo

Your friend said EARTHLY part, I thought it is the HEAVENLY part that the PICTURE carries ni. Shioooor!

Since you agree with him concerning that, now go back to the list and PICK out the HEAD of the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION of JEHOVAH'S witnesses as the EARTHLY PART of the JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION denotes. It is well arranged in ORDER

Don't even bring that Ezekiel 1 into this at all. because you will find the word "ORGANIZATION" tire for that scripture.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Your friend cited Ronald Kimmons work, I only hope what he cited is not from his book "AN INFINITY OF INTERPRETATION" (A Bit of Social Commentary on and a Philosophical Examination of Life in These Times). Waiting for your friend to confirm this.

You already have my take on what your friend cited already. It's very much available on this thread.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Barristter07: Brother, been a while . well done educating this UNSERIOUS FELLOWS like achorladey.

Achoradey: Awon SERIOUS FELLOWS, E Ku ise ooooo. Thank you for educating me. Na SERIOUS FELLOWS dey educate others.

Barristter07 someone said I belong to the Christian congregation but worship Jesus , another said I belong to Christian congregation but worship the Father highly divided.

Achorladey: How can we worship God WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST? Was JESUS worshipped here on EARTH and in HEAVEN? Who did GOD SUBJECTED all of US under. Can you HONOR God BY HONOURING JESUS? Do you BELIEVE Phillipians 2: 9-11. Do you agree with the Psalmist inspired word here in Psalms 2:12.

Let us see if indeed those that worship JESUS are not in THE SAME sense WORSHIPPING THE FATHER.

That DIVISION will know where it is COMING from or HEADED to?

Barristter07: But someone belief it's not important who you worship as long as you BELIEVED someone EXIST called JESUS which Jesus doesn't agree with going by John 4:23. Clearly why,

Achorladey: There is no way you will state the ABOVE without putting ASSUMPTIONS. "BELIEVED someone EXIST called JESUS" for your MIND abi? and NOT the minds of THOSE you are making ASSUMPTIONS for.

Barristter07: Clearly why, he couldn't state his beliefs , he is in a mess.

Achorladey: After repeatedly stating my belief even citing scriptures to back it up, you are still asking. It's only the MESS you see when I stated my belief. If you are only INTERESTED in the MESS, suit yourself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:35am On Feb 15, 2019
achorladey:

People MIGHT come to your meeting, Are you not coming?

www.nairaland.com/religion is a meeting address, just a MENTION of my moniker on the platform is an invitation for me to meet. hahahahahaha!

Together with atheist, pagans, Muslims and freethinkers , Barristerrrrrr grin grin

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:41am On Feb 15, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Together with atheist, pagans, Muslims and freethinkers , Barristerrrrrr grin grin
achorladey:

Barristter07: Brother, been a while . well done educating this UNSERIOUS FELLOWS like achorladey.

Achoradey: Awon SERIOUS FELLOWS, E Ku ise ooooo. Thank you for educating me. Na SERIOUS FELLOWS dey educate others.

Barristter07 someone said I belong to the Christian congregation but worship Jesus , another said I belong to Christian congregation but worship the Father highly divided.

Achorladey: How can we worship God WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST? Was JESUS worshipped here on EARTH and in HEAVEN? Who did GOD SUBJECTED all of US under. Can you HONOR God BY HONOURING JESUS? Do you BELIEVE Phillipians 2: 9-11. Do you agree with the Psalmist inspired word here in Psalms 2:12.

Let us see if indeed those that worship JESUS are not in THE SAME sense WORSHIPPING THE FATHER.

That DIVISION will know where it is COMING from or HEADED to?

Barristter07: But someone belief it's not important who you worship as long as you BELIEVED someone EXIST called JESUS which Jesus doesn't agree with going by John 4:23. Clearly why,

Achorladey: There is no way you will state the ABOVE without putting ASSUMPTIONS. "BELIEVED someone EXIST called JESUS" for your MIND abi? and NOT the minds of THOSE you are making ASSUMPTIONS for.

Barristter07: Clearly why, he couldn't state his beliefs , he is in a mess.

Achorladey: After repeatedly stating my belief even citing scriptures to back it up, you are still asking. It's only the MESS you see when I stated my belief. If you are only INTERESTED in the MESS, suit yourself.

True worshipers will worship who ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:48am On Feb 15, 2019
achorladey:

So ti e. Pele oooooo

Your friend said EARTHLY part, I thought it is the HEAVENLY part that the PICTURE carries ni. Shioooor!

Since you agree with him concerning that, now go back to the list and PICK out the HEAD of the CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION of JEHOVAH'S witnesses as the EARTHLY PART of the JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION denotes . It is well arranged in ORDER

Don't even bring that Ezekiel 1 into this at all. because you will find the word "ORGANIZATION" tire for that scripture.

Are the apostles in Jerusalem head of the Christian congregation ? Hebrew 13:17

The same watchtower state clearly,

"Jesus is taking the lead in directing the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization . "

U didn't see that ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:54am On Feb 15, 2019
achorladey:

CAPTIVATOR: He said those doing Gods will are his brothers,

Achorladey: Thank you, Mark 3: 35

CAPTIVATOR: one of that is declaring the Good news of Gods kingdom, are your so called brothers doing this Gods will too? Matthew 24:14

Achorladey: Yes MY SO CALLED BROTHERS are doing this God's will. Matthew 28:19,20 states so.

CAPTIVATOR: Hebrews 10:24,25 meetings are important,

Achorladey: As if I said meetings are not important before.

CAPTIVATOR: like barrister ask: where is your meeting or address , drop it for anyone interested?

Achorladey: MEETING address, www.nairaland.com/religion. You agree this is a meeting address?

After making disciple, you invite them to the address above . to meet with atheists, pagans, different versions of so called Christians, traditionalists . eeyah , This is how first century Christians do u know ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:56am On Feb 15, 2019
Barristter07:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u see address ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 2:41am On Feb 15, 2019
some of the fools of false jw:

Peacefullove:

grin grin grin

CAPTIVATOR:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Barristter07:

grin grin grin

TATIME:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

wink wink wink

TATIME:
grin grin grin

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool:

and of course with stupidity brain Janosky/OneJ, laughing doesn't go with his brothel mouth, true

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.