Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373489 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
AntiGod:

I'm posting them for no reason, I may need them in future.
Hmmmmmmmmm that's great! Keep appreciating the magnificence of the greatest designer.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
Na so Jesus with all other faithful men of ancient times talk about those who refused to join them. John 3:16-18 So you're only deceiving yourself! wink wink wink
Till today nothing has happened. It should be telling you something. Follow jesus Christ. Jesus Christ did not tell us to follow or join a new York based publishing company called watchtower organization and follow the old men heading it. That's the difference between your magazine and the bible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:

KJV mentions Easter and other translations mention Passover or meal...

The disciples definitely did not celebrate Easter so how did it get into the KJV translation? Is this proof of translation faults, deliberately acknowledging Easter?

So which one is correct na? Which translation is correct na? Since you know the intent of the bible writers tell us the translation that is correct.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Till today nothing has happened. It should be telling you something. Follow jesus Christ. Jesus Christ did not tell us to follow or join a new York based publishing company called watchtower organization and follow the old men heading it. That's the difference between your magazine and the bible.
Hen nah! I'm following Jesus to the best of my knowledge after all you're not Jesus,so instead of listening to you i have chosen to listen to those older men who i believe are Jesus' representatives of my time! grin grin grin
I have seen so much of their accomplishments which is evidence that Jesus is with them! wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

So which one is correct na? Which translation is correct na? Since you know the intent of the bible writers tell us the translation that is correct.
All other translators who didn't mention Easter are FAKE! grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by lordtim001(m): 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Baba does not want to answer the question directly grin
Shebi you guys are always hyping KJV? That alBaghdadi guy too. I just wanted to point out one flaw that I have personally noticed. Personally, I like to make use of Douay Rheims version(to look up canonical scriptures) and Kingdom Interlinear even as a JW.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:

Shebi you guys are always hyping KJV? That alBaghdadi guy too. I just wanted to point out one flaw that I have personally noticed. Personally, I like to make use of Douay Rheims version(to look up canonical scriptures) and Kingdom Interlinear even as a JW.
Since we are always hyping KJV according to you then give us the correct translation. Lol
You want to say nwt I know. I am waiting.
That's you. Every one prefers something that they like or are comfortable with. You say you like Douay rhiems and kingdom interlinear as a jw then good for you. Me l like KJV and NIV good for me.

Don't come on here to try discredit what I prefer because I will criticize your own too.
So at the end of the day did you find the one true translation of the bible? The one God approved o

You think you can just say anything about KJV and expect us to agree with you? I
You have changed the topic last last.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
Hen nah! I'm following Jesus to the best of my knowledge after all you're not Jesus,so instead of listening to you i have chosen to listen to those older men who i believe are Jesus' representatives of my time! grin grin grin
I have seen so much of their accomplishments which is evidence that Jesus is with them! wink wink wink

Jesus Christ even told you he will have people representing him abi?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:

Since it's only KJV translation that could be easily twisted to support their TRINITY scam,all of them are vouching for KJV. But the irony of the matter is that KJV mentioned "Jehovah" and critics can't erase that anymore! So while other translations rendered the sacred name as LORD and critics love that,those translations also rendered other text in ways that TRINITARIANS finds unpalatable e.g at Exodus 7:1 most translators rendered that verse as "Moses has become GOD" and John 1:1 most translators rendered the verse as "the word was godlike or a god"! grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus Christ even told you he will have people representing him abi?
Hen nah, at least some will be teaching others! Ephesians 4:11
Of course you won't sit patiently to be taught by those who you don't see as ministers of Christ,and there is no way you will expect unbelievers to sit willingly before you receiving anything spiritual. Definitely there must be some representing Jesus as in taken the lead in spiritual matters. God is not for confusion! 1Corinthians 14:40 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
Hen nah, at least some will be teaching others! Ephesians 4:11
Of course you won't sit patiently to be taught by those who you don't see as ministers of Christ,and there is no way you will expect unbelievers to sit willingly before you receiving anything spiritual. Definitely there must be some representing Jesus as in taken the lead in spiritual matters. God is not for confusion! 1Corinthians 14:40 wink wink wink

Your governing body members told you they are representing jesus Christ on earth today and told you to believe it. Now it is now ministers of Jesus Christ. Lol
I thought they are representing jesus Christ today. Ayam not understanding. They even told you that they are performing Jesus Christ's duty. Lol

It has suddenly changed to ministers. No longer representatives.
I even forgot that they told you that they are the only channel of communication between God and man today.
They even said they are mediators for the other sheep sef.
Anything is possible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
Since it's only KJV translation that could be easily twisted to support their TRINITY scam,all of them are vouching for KJV. But the irony of the matter is that KJV mentioned "Jehovah" and critics can't erase that anymore! So while other translations rendered the sacred name as LORD and critics love that,those translations also rendered other text in ways that TRINITARIANS finds unpalatable e.g at Exodus 7:1 most translators rendered that verse as "Moses has become GOD" and John 1:1 most translators rendered the verse as "the word was godlike or a god"! grin grin grin
Your translation that has jehovah 218 times in new testament when the original Greek manuscript doesn't even mention it once Nko?
Be telling people KJV is false while your nwt doesn't even follow the Greek and Hebrew manuscript. Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
List the translations that comprises the most na
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Your governing body members told you they are representing jesus Christ on earth today and told you to believe it. Now it is now ministers of Jesus Christ. Lol
I thought they are representing jesus Christ today. Ayam not understanding. They even told you that they are performing Jesus Christ's duty. Lol

It has suddenly changed to ministers. No longer representatives.
I even forgot that they told you that they are the only channel of communication between God and man today.
They even said they are mediators for the other sheep sef.
Anything is possible.
Whatever you say my friend, WHATEVER YOU SAY! Just know that no amount of hatred you have can change the mind of over 8,000,000 ever growing followers of the GB who we strongly believe are ministers and representatives of Jesus of our time! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

90% of your colleagues worship Jesus. You are all divided like sheep's without a sherperd.

CAPTIVATOR: 90% of your colleagues worship Jesus.

Achorladey: You could have answered the question bordering on WORSHIPPING Jesus posted earlier.

As regards 90% of my colleagues doing so is that not a very good indication for absence of CONFLICTING TEACHINGS as your friends have been AGITATING all along. Is that not a case of UNITY in what they BELIEVE.

CAPTIVATOR: You are all divided like sheep's without a shepherd.

Achorladey: I hope you can see the CONTRADICTION in the same post. 90% of them do same thing about worshipping Jesus, yet they are DIVIDED. How?

Who are the sheep? Who is the Shepherd. Your position is all other Christian denominations apart from the Jws worship JESUS. I am forced to ask again, who are the sheep? Who is the Shepherd.

Hebrews13: 20,21

Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the GREAT SHEPHERD of the SHEEP, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant, 21 equip you with every good thing to do his WILL, WORKING IN US THROUGH JESUS CHRIST what is WELL-PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Who are the sheep? Who is the shepherd?

If you know you know.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by lordtim001(m): 9:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Since we are always hyping KJV according to you then give us the correct translation. Lol
You want to say nwt I know. I am waiting.
That's you. Every one prefers something that they like or are comfortable with. You say you like Douay rhiems and kingdom interlinear as a jw then good for you. Me l like KJV and NIV good for me.

Don't come on here to try discredit what I prefer because I will criticize your own too.
So at the end of the day did you find the one true translation of the bible? The one God approved o

You think you can just say anything about KJV and expect us to agree with you? I
You have changed the topic last last.
You use NIV too right? Let me show you the same verse from NIV

Acts 12 vs 4 : After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover

By the way, I only use NWT at the meetings and in preaching. Even when conducting studies, I have a student that I use KJV with. Researching on scriptural things, I almost always use the Douay Rheims, because I think it's reliable asides the fact that it has non-canonical books.The point is that you claim that the KJV version is infallible and upright
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
If you ask him who is the "Father and God" that Jesus meant when He spoke with Mary Madgalene at John 20:17? Achorladey will just disappear from this thread and reappear when he feels like supporting his TRINITY colleagues! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope you have seen the Scripture I cited in the same post your friend responded to. If you have not seen that, please do check.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

God is not a God of disorder. How can you incite to fine works where atheists and others keep doing all In their power to discredit the Bible and God himself ? U are not okay at all, seems apostasy has successfully virus your thinking capacity for you to type the thrash above.

I know it will eventually get to apostasy. Where is the apostasy in inciting people of all nations including FREE THINKERS, MUSLIMS, ATHEIST TRADITIONALIST to do FINE WORKS?

My thinking capacity is INTACT because many of the same set of people we are discussing about INCITE, MOTIVATE and AIDED even Christians to do fine works.

Oga CAPTIVATOR take a clue from here ....... Matthew 5: 43 - 48

43“You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Apostate Virus has eaten deep into your system. Check the bold, that's the people that is expected to meet together to incite themselves to love and fine works, an unbeliever coming among them remains an unbeliever, his or her coming shows he wants to know God the more, of what business is an unbeliever doing in such gathering if not that he has interest to know more ? . and he will only get to listen to upbuilding things

Compared to Nairaland where various topics and comments are created to LEAD people away from God , some threads even feature people that Nairaland has turn atheist and agnostics or liberal , even while a seemingly Christian topic is going on, someone will Just come and comment immorally or other things to pollute readers mind. u are spirituality damaged to have suggest Nairaland as a place of meeting for fine Works.

CAPTIVATOR: Apostate Virus has eaten deep into your system. Check the bold, that's the people that is expected to meet together to incite themselves to love and fine works, an unbeliever coming among them remains an unbeliever, his or her coming shows he wants to know God the more, of what business is an unbeliever doing in such gathering if not that he has interest to know more ? . and he will only get to listen to upbuilding things.

Achorladey: And your mind didn't pinch you ONE BIT in the course of typing the above that MANY UNBELIEVERS that get to visit the platform SOME had learnt one or two things about the JWS and eventually become a JWS. That some of them got there minds made up to become a Jehovah's Witness after visiting this platform. Same applies to many of this UNBELIEVERS that had joined other Christian denominations via the information they get via this same platform.

CAPTIVATOR: Compared to Nairaland where various topics and comments are created to LEAD people away from God , some threads even feature people that Nairaland has turn atheist and agnostics or liberal , even while a seemingly Christian topic is going on, someone will Just come and comment immorally or other things to pollute readers mind. u are spirituality damaged to have suggest Nairaland as a place of meeting for fine Works.

Achorladey: Oga CAPTIVATOR are you at the market to fish and pick out NOISEMAKERS. Many of the topics on the platform has also been created not only to make people believe in CHRIST but had made them understand what they don't even value about there FAITH.

My spirituality is not damaged, to incite people to love and fine works has no BORDER or BOUNDARIES.
If you know you know.

Leave apostate virus alone.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
achorladey:

I know it will eventually get to apostasy. Where is the apostasy in inciting people of all nations including FREE THINKERS, MUSLIMS, ATHEIST TRADITIONALIST to do FINE WORKS?

My thinking capacity is INTACT because many of the same set of people we are discussing about INCITE, MOTIVATE and AIDED even Christians to do fine works.

Oga CAPTIVATOR take a clue from here ....... Matthew 5: 43 - 48

43“You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?
Confused dullard!
Who is talking about NOT greeting people here? If JWs aren't greeting people in their neighbourhood how can they go confidently knocking on the door of someone they don't usually greet to preach? and what motivates them to keep paying visits {uninvited} to home of neighbours?
If it is the unbelievers that are INCITING Christians to love and fine works,then what else is their to preach as being better of than pagans?
Hmmmmmmmm your thinking ability is INTACT indeed! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
Whatever you say my friend, WHATEVER YOU SAY! Just know that no amount of hatred you have can change the mind of over 8,000,000 ever growing followers of the GB who we strongly believe are ministers and representatives of Jesus of our time! cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 billion ever growing population who don't believe in people who are delusional.
Lol. Now is both ministers and representatives of Jesus of our time.
So last last you guys are following gb. Lol.
You don't even follow jesus Christ. Buhahaha
Gb followers.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:

You use NIV too right? Let me show you the same verse from NIV

Acts 12 vs 4 : After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover

By the way, I only use NWT at the meetings and in preaching. Even when conducting studies, I have a student that I use KJV with. Researching on scriptural things, I almost always use the Douay Rheims, because I think it's reliable asides the fact that it has non-canonical books.The point is that you claim that the KJV version is infallible and upright

Hmmmm oboy ye you wanna start lying on my head abi? Point out where I said KJV is infallible and upright? When you see it let me know. I know what you want to do. I just dey look you. Show me the thread where I said KJV is infallible and upright? Let's start from here
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:
I have one question to ask hairyrapunzel, archoladey and the others

I just read Acts 12 vs 4 in the KJV and it reads : "And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people"

And I checked many other translations including the Douay Rheims Catholic Bible and the word Easter was not added. The question is : Is this not an attempt to write something that wasn't included in the original version, thereby promoting false worship?

Don't know where you are coming from about the above and don't know where you are headed about what you posted up there.

But do understand this, people including Christians don't even have to change or replace the "EASTER" with MEAL, PASSOVER and many other still contained in the Bible before they teach something that is false. You might need to look up on the meaning of EISEGESIS and EXEGESIS as it relates to the scriptures then you will know that changing the TEXT is a smaller problem to the whole challenge Christian faced about the NUMEROUS translation of the BIBLE available.

Take a queue from this magazine.......

Watchtower September 2017 study edition 3rd study article paragraph 6 below.........

When the King James Version first appeared, the English words it used SOUNDED MODERN. But as time went by, some of those words began to SOUND OLD-FASHIONED, and today they are difficult to understand. The same thing happened with early BIBLE TRANSLATIONS in OTHER LANGUAGES. So we are very grateful to have the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, which uses modern language. This translation is available in whole or in part in more than 150 languages. This means that most people in the world can now read this translation in their own language. The modern and clear words it uses make it easy for God’s message to reach our heart. ( Psalm 119:97 ) BUT WHAT MAKES the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION TRULY SPECIAL is that it puts GOD’S NAME in the PLACES WHERE it WAS ORIGINALLY FOUND.

Don't forget this was made about the time the Governing Body REVISED the NWT. Now ask yourself before the Revised NWT came into circulation do you agree with the possibility that the old NWT carries TEXT that are equally true about all that was said about the KING JAMES VERSION that promotes FALSE TEACHING and as the case MIGHT be false worship?

Concerning all I highlighted in CAPITAL LETTERS towards the end of paragraph 6, do you agree not all believe or accepted that position of the writer of the magazine? Do you know some believe by placing JEHOVAH in Greek scriptures the TEXT and related MEANING gets corrupted?

Take for example compare this

Romans 10:11-13
11 For the scripture says: “No one who rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. There is the same Lord over all, who is rich toward all those calling on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved

Ask yourself will it be wrong to put Lord/JESUS instead of JEHOVAH? Then examine contextually what do you think will be appropriate there.

2 Corinthians 5: 14,15
For the love the Christ has compels us, because this is what we have concluded, that one man died for all; so, then, all had died. 15 And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.

With

Romans 14: 8,9 For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. 9 For to this end Christ died and came to life again, so that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

After reading the above, what is your take about the use of Jehovah in the text as recorded in Romans 14,8:9.

Ask yourself will it be wrong to put Lord/JESUS instead of JEHOVAH? Then examine contextually what do you think will be appropriate there.

Yet the same magazine this time paragraphs 13 I have cited made a good point here.....

The Bible is inspired by God. But this does not mean that the work of TRANSLATING the SEPTUAGINT,
Wycliffe’s Bible, the King James Version, or any other VERSION( including the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION ) is directly INSPIRED by GOD. Yet, when we examine how these TRANSLATIONS were produced, it is clear that just as Jehovah promised, his WORD has ENDURED. This strengthens our FAITH that everything else that Jehovah has promised will also come true.

I hope this gives you a degree of perception on BIBLE TRANSLATIONS and how it relates to teachings and worship.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
TATIME:
Confused dullard!
Who is talking about NOT greeting people here? If JWs aren't greeting people in their neighbourhood how can they go confidently knocking on the door of someone they don't usually greet to preach? and what motivates them to keep paying visits {uninvited} to home of neighbours?
If it is the unbelievers that are INCITING Christians to love and fine works,then what else is their to preach as being better of than pagans?
Hmmmmmmmm your thinking ability is INTACT indeed! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The DEMON that corrected your mindset yesterday has become a CONFUSED DULLARD today, suit yourself jare!!!!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
Peacefullove:

The way u forget your thinking when typing baffles me , Called out of where ? Are u not the stupid boy saying they are presently in eternal fire before ?
Like I already said, your stupidity is legendary. You have been so manipulated by a mere publishing company that you are not capable of synthesis. Are you trying to imply that you haven't seen here that it is their souls we've been saying are already undergoing punishment? Were you not shown a verse in Revelation where souls of the departed righteous were speaking from heaven? It would have been more profitable for whoever sponsored your education to have simply thrown the money into a flowing stream. Idiot of a boy!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by lordtim001(m): 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
achorladey:

Don't know where you are coming from about the above and don't know where you are headed about what you posted up there.

But do understand this, people including Christians don't even have to change or replace the "EASTER" with MEAL, PASSOVER and many other still contained in the Bible before they teach something that is false. You might need to look up on the meaning of EISEGESIS and EXEGESIS as it relates to the scriptures then you will know that changing the TEXT is a smaller problem to the whole challenge Christian faced about the NUMEROUS translation of the BIBLE available.

Take a queue from this magazine.......

Watchtower September 2017 study edition 3rd study article paragraph 6 below.........

When the King James Version first appeared, the English words it used SOUNDED MODERN. But as time went by, some of those words began to SOUND OLD-FASHIONED, and today they are difficult to understand. The same thing happened with early BIBLE TRANSLATIONS in OTHER LANGUAGES. So we are very grateful to have the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, which uses modern language. This translation is available in whole or in part in more than 150 languages. This means that most people in the world can now read this translation in their own language. The modern and clear words it uses make it easy for God’s message to reach our heart. ( Psalm 119:97 ) BUT WHAT MAKES the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION TRULY SPECIAL is that it puts GOD’S NAME in the PLACES WHERE it WAS ORIGINALLY FOUND.

Don't forget this was made about the time the Governing Body REVISED the NWT. Now ask yourself before the Revised NWT came into circulation do you agree with the possibility that the old NWT carries TEXT that are equally true about all that was said about the KING JAMES VERSION that promotes FALSE TEACHING and as the case MIGHT be false worship?

Concerning all I highlighted in CAPITAL LETTERS towards the end of paragraph 6, do you agree not all believe or accepted that position of the writer of the magazine? Do you know some believe by placing JEHOVAH in Greek scriptures the TEXT and related MEANING gets corrupted?

Take for example compare this

Romans 10:11-13
11 For the scripture says: “No one who rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. There is the same Lord over all, who is rich toward all those calling on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved

2 Corinthians 5: 14,15
For the love the Christ has compels us, because this is what we have concluded, that one man died for all; so, then, all had died. 15 And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.

With

Romans 14: 8,9 For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. 9 For to this end Christ died and came to life again, so that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

After reading the above, what is your take about the use of Jehovah in the text as recorded in Romans 14,8:9.

Yet the same magazine this time paragraphs 13 I have cited made a good point here.....

The Bible is inspired by God. But this does not mean that the work of TRANSLATING the SEPTUAGINT,
Wycliffe’s Bible, the King James Version, or any other VERSION( including the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION ) is directly INSPIRED by GOD. Yet, when we examine how these TRANSLATIONS were produced, it is clear that just as Jehovah promised, his WORD has ENDURED. This strengthens our FAITH that everything else that Jehovah has promised will also come true.

I hope this gives you a degree of perception on BIBLE TRANSLATIONS and how it relates to teachings and worship.

I have no problem with translations using words that might imply that the same thing. But Easter and Passover are two completely different things. A simple Google search will help you know that. In fact, without Google, we know that the Passover has been celebrated since the time of Moses. But Easter is not even biblical, talkless of being SIMILAR to Passover. Thank God you mentioned it that the NWT was revised. But if you mention a revised Bible, people would ask you whether it is a school textbook that you are revising grin The translators did this all in an effort to stick as closely as possible to the original text
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by lordtim001(m): 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Hmmmm oboy ye you wanna start lying on my head abi? Point out where I said KJV is infallible and upright? When you see it let me know. I know what you want to do. I just dey look you. Show me the thread where I said KJV is infallible and upright? Let's start from here
Sorry, you didn't say it outrightly. And to be honest, I haven't read through all the 250 pages. But from the little I have read, you guys always seems to be contrasting the NWT with the KJV. In other words, you approve of it.
I have nothing against any Bible translation. But the fact is that, many of these translators have received knowledge about these issues and refuse to change them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
Peacefullove:

Something is doing you with all this your contradictions,where are the wicked presently ?

A. Suffering in eternal fire

B. In their graves in the sea or land .

Who gave you the name deadlytruth, u are deadlyliar. So it was Devil that release the dead in it ? grin grin grin

See this comprehension deficiency minion of a manipulative publishing company still showcasing his looted brain. Go back and study my comments very well. The souls of the wicked are in punishment already while their bodies are still in the grave... Revelations 6:9; 20:4-5.

Of course how would you have known that it was the devil that gave up the dead it held in the sense of living sinners who are held captive by Him when you refused to read the Hebrew verses I referenced? Even your fellow JW here agreed that 'death' there is in metaphorical reference to the devil yet you are disagreeing with that. Isn't that an evidence that JWs don't have identical beliefs and opinions on issues contrary to claims by Watchtower that all her members are united worldwide in opinions about biblical interpretations?
If you think death doesn't mean devil as used in that verse, why not also attack your fellow JW, Tatime, who shares my opinion on that? See how pathetically hypocritic and dishonest you lots are?

Revelations 19:20 says: "The beast was taken prisoner, together with the false prophet who had performed miracles in his presence. (It was by those miracles that he had deceived those who had the mark of the beast and those who had worshiped the image of the beast.) The beast and the false prophet were both thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur."

Now, according to you, the lake of fire simply means grave where those who will have already died the second death will be sent to. But how come the beast and false prophets were thrown alive into the grave (your own meaning of lake of fire) without having died a second death first? Care to explain this contradiction, Zombie?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by lordtim001(m): 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
And for the rest of the JWs here, please try to apply Colossians 4 vs 6. Use gracious words. I see a lot of insults flying around. Even if they use them to refer to you, please try not to.
I learned something from a cartoon I watched this week, (Ralph Breaks The Internet wink ) that there will always be trolls on the internet, no matter how good you seem and no matter how lovable you are.(And I'm not calling anybody a troll o. God knows that I have learnt a lot from the intellectual ones here that bring up thought-provoking conversations)
And you don't even know these people. Be the better person, brothers

Goodnight!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:

I have no problem with translations using words that might imply that the same thing. But Easter and Passover are two completely different things. A simple Google search will help you know that. In fact, without Google, we know that the Passover has been celebrated since the time of Moses. But Easter is not even biblical, talkless of being SIMILAR to Passover. Thank God you mentioned it that the NWT was revised. But if you mention a revised Bible, people would ask you whether it is a school textbook that you are revising grin The translators did this all in an effort to stick as closely as possible to the original text

lordtim001: I have no problem with translations using words that MIGHT IMPLY that the SAME thing.

Achorladey: A good point which can be worked upon. So in a sense have you checked the possibility of people of that time or their locality using or interchanging WORDS like EASTER to IMPLY PASSOVER.

Note: I have not done a research on that but you may look into that as well.

lordtim001: The translators did this all in an effort to stick as closely as possible to the original text.

Achorladey: This is common notable thing that all translators do say about the Bibles they have translated but yet some translate to fit teachings already in their doctrines and the rest.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 11:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
lordtim001:
And for the rest of the JWs here, please try to apply Colossians 4 vs 6. Use gracious words. I see a lot of insults flying around. Even if they use them to refer to you, please try not to.
I learned something from a cartoon I watched this week, (Ralph Breaks The Internet wink ) that there will always be trolls on the internet, no matter how good you seem and no matter how lovable you are.(And I'm not calling anybody a troll o. God knows that I have learnt a lot from the intellectual ones here that bring up thought-provoking conversations)
And you don't even know these people. Be the better person, brothers

Goodnight!
That was very dishonest of you. JWs actually started the use of abusive language while others only respond. Your decision to present the reverse as the case shows you are not different from your very brothers you seem to be admonishing.
Check the first mention of me by Peaceful Love and you'll see how he began my mention with outright insults. I am not surprised anyway because I really don't expect JWs to be that honest.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by lordtim001(m): 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2019
achorladey:

lordtim001: I have no problem with translations using words that MIGHT IMPLY that the SAME thing.

Achorladey: A good point which can be worked upon. So in a sense have you checked the possibility of people of that time or their locality using or interchanging WORDS like EASTER to IMPLY PASSOVER.

Note: I have not done a research on that but you may look into that as well.

lordtim001: The translators did this all in an effort to stick as closely as possible to the original text.

Achorladey: This is common notable thing that all translators do say about the Bibles they have translated but yet some translate to fit teachings already in their doctrines and the rest.

I think everyone knows that the name Easter comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility, Eostre or something like that. Verse 2 of the same chapter, mentioned Festival of Unleavened Bread, and we know that this was celebrated in conjunction with the Passover. No where else did it mention that they celebrated Easter (Jesus ressurection)

And to your last point, yes, you are correct grin. Everyone always says that they are correct. Even in terms of doctrine. Make God help us sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.