Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (371149 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 29, 2020
Through with you! wink
achorladey:

Maximus69: The organization is NOT following man-made tradition Sir!

Achorladey: where did you get baptism in the name of an ORGANIZATION from? God tradition or man-made tradition
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 29, 2020
achorladey:

TATIME: don't judge simply means"" don't kill any sinner, wait for God"

Achorladey: One can only laugh at the above. Don't know when JUDGE becomes SYNONYM for KILL. Or perhaps your Muslim background never WEAR OFF. grin grin :

When judicial proceedings and committee to judge the brother and sister within your midst, ARE THEY KILLING THEM? Following your DEFINITION above.

Jesus was talking to the Jews whose laws and traditions is all about exterminting any defaulter of their religious beliefs!

They fully understood what he meant by saying "stop judging" he added "the type of Judgment you metted out to your fellow is the same you'll get" Matthew 7:1-2

According to the Mosaic laws fornicators should be stoned to death!

So when the Christians began, Paul reminded them of the laws that they have to judge unrepentant sinners this time by shunning him NOT stoning him as they do before! 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compare to 2John 10-11
That's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing till today! smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 29, 2020
TATIME:

Jesus was talking to the Jews whose laws and traditions is all about exterminting any defaulter of their religious beliefs!

They fully understood what he meant by saying "stop judging" he added "the type of Judgment you metted out to your fellow is the same you'll get" Matthew 7:1-2

So when the Christians began, Paul reminded them of the laws that they have to judge unrepentant sinners this time by shunning him NOT stoning him as they do before! 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compare to 2John 10-11

NO! Because Jesus said "don't judge" we must not tell them what we believe about their condition! cheesy

This one just don't want to hear anything about his destruction, his own is like

"just keep it to yourself don't remind me"! cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:08pm On May 29, 2020
TATIME:

The more you go round and round the more you get lost. Simple question, is JUDGING a synonym for KILLING?

Pick up a dictionary and check don't be lazy. Jesus was explaining to Jews and went ahead to mention FORNICATORS as an example. As if its only FORNICATION people were made to JUDGE.

TATIME: So when the Christians began, Paul reminded them of the laws that they have to judge unrepentant sinners

Achorladey:tell us the the repentant sinners here...

1. A CAC member who you say don't worship your own OUR FATHER

2. a fellow JWs who worship your same OUR FATHER.

Pick one

TATIME: this time by shunning him NOT stoning him as they do before!

Achorladey: So you agree you people SHUN your members but one of the GB member under oath in a court of law on national TV said they don't SHUN.

Another question for you, do you shun instead of stoning

1. the CAC member as the unrepentant sinner
or 2. your fellow JWs as the unrepentant sinner

TATIME: 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compare to 2John 10-11

Achorladey: 1. Who are the OUTSIDERS here is the MAIN question.

2. Were you allowed to JUDGE the OUTSIDERS according to scripture above.

TATIME: That's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing till today!

Achorladey: what exactly are you doing? Is it JUDGING your own members that worship your own GOD or JUDGING other Christians who you say don't worship your own GOD.

Pick one.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:10pm On May 29, 2020
Maximus69:

NO! Because Jesus said "don't judge" we must not tell them what we believe about their condition! cheesy

This one just don't want to hear anything about his destruction, his own is like

"just keep it to yourself don't remind me"! cheesy

Who ask you not to tell what you believe to others? grin grin grin and when they tell you about your own CONDITIONS you shout eh eh eh you don't worship our GOD. You even went ahead to say they WILL perish.

Romans 14:1 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

JEHOVAH is your own master who are you then to Judge the others since you DONT agree they are under YOUR own MASTER JEHOVAH.

That's what happens when your friend sorry brother cite a verse and cannot quote it for everyone to see. You can attempt the question up there MR Maximus69 aka I am through with you.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 29, 2020
Through with you! wink
achorladey:

That's what happens when your friend sorry brother cite a verse and cannot quote it for everyone to see. You can attempt the question up there MR JUDGE
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 29, 2020
achorladey:

The more you go round and round the more you get lost. Simple question, is JUDGING a synonym for KILLING?

Pick up a dictionary and check don't be lazy. Jesus was explaining to Jews and went ahead to mention FORNICATORS as an example. As if its only FORNICATION people were made to JUDGE.

TATIME: So when the Christians began, Paul reminded them of the laws that they have to judge unrepentant sinners

Achorladey:tell us the the repentant sinners here...

1. A CAC member who you say don't worship your own OUR FATHER

2. a fellow JWs who worship your same OUR FATHER.

Pick one

TATIME: this time by shunning him NOT stoning him as they do before!

Achorladey: So you agree you people SHUN your members but one of the GB member under oath in a court of law on national TV said they don't SHUN.

Another question for you, do you shun instead of stoning

1. the CAC member as the unrepentant sinner
or 2. your fellow JWs as the unrepentant sinner

TATIME: 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compare to 2John 10-11

Achorladey: 1. Who are the OUTSIDERS here is the MAIN question.

2. Were you allowed to JUDGE the OUTSIDERS according to scripture above.

TATIME: That's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing till today!

Achorladey: what exactly are you doing? Is it JUDGING your own members that worship your own GOD or JUDGING other Christians who you say don't worship your own GOD.

Pick one.

There is no need for all these questioning my friend, if you feel Jehovah's Witnesses are the true Christians join them because they are saying you're not safe outside their Organization!

If you feel they're wrong go and worship with those you believe are doing things right, no wahala! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:20pm On May 29, 2020
Maximus69:
Through with you! wink

Look up for the added comments so you get the full gist.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 29, 2020
TATIME:

There is no need for all these questioning my friend, if you feel Jehovah's Witnesses are the true Christians join them because they are saying you're not safe outside their Organization!

If you feel they're wrong go and worship with those you believe are doing things right, no wahala! undecided undecided undecided

I wonder o! embarassed

Jehovah's Witnesses said only their group will survive Armageddon, you feel they're spewing gibberish, they go looking for people who will listen to learn from them, you come looking forward to arguing, they give you answers , you can't let go, yet you keep stalking them! cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:26pm On May 29, 2020
TATIME:

Tell us when Jesus said SALVATION or being SAFE is based in being inside an ORGANIZATION.

Inside the same organization that teaches the WHEAT are the 144,000 ONLY. I wonder where you belong in the scheme of things since the WEEDS will get burned.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:28pm On May 29, 2020
Maximus69:

I wonder o! embarassed

Jehovah's Witnesses said only their group will survive Armageddon, you feel they're spewing gibberish, they go looking for people who will listen to learn from them, you come looking forward to arguing, they give you answers , you can't let go, yet you keep stalking them! cheesy

Just as you keep chasing those who BELIEVED TRINITY when you stated clearly there GOD is different from yours. Why not leave them to there TRINITY. When your beliefs are SCRUTINIZED that's when comments like the above come up
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 29, 2020
achorladey:

Tell us when Jesus said SALVATION or being SAFE is based in being inside an ORGANIZATION.

Inside the same organization that teaches the WHEAT are the 144,000 ONLY. I wonder where you belong in the scheme of things since the WEEDS will get burned.

You are the ones saying Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only TRUE Christian group!

Can't you just feel OK with what your own religion teaches you?

Why must you follow Jehovah's Witnesses teachings wherever they go? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 29, 2020
achorladey:

Just as you keep chasing those who BELIEVED TRINITY when you stated clearly there GOD is different from yours. Why not leave them to there TRINITY. When your beliefs are SCRUTINIZED that's when comments like the above come up

Jehovah's Witnesses go from house to house as commanded by Jesus, we find so many false teachings but it's the bearers of those false teachings that makes noise up and down.

Once you say you're not interested, we move straight up to the next door!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:34pm On May 29, 2020
TATIME:

You are the ones saying Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only TRUE Christian group!

Can't you just feel OK with what your own religion teaches you?

Why must you follow Jehovah's Witnesses teachings wherever they go? undecided undecided undecided

I don't know when the JURISDICTION to decide that your last sentence was GIVEN to you. Its a FORUM I choose to discuss or follow what I choose to follow.

You feel OK with what your religion teaches you are TROUBLING those who believed in TRINITY and follow them everywhere

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:37pm On May 29, 2020
TATIME:

Jehovah's Witnesses go from house to house as commanded by Jesus, we find so many false teachings but it's the bearers of those false teachings that makes noise up and down.

Once you say you're not interested, we move straight up to the next door!

Had you answer the questions asked previously you won't say they make NOISE up and DOWN.

Do you know the GUIDELINES their GOD gave them. How do you know its false teaching when you don't serve the SAME GOD?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 10:37pm On May 29, 2020
achorladey:

I believe davidinchrist is in a WAY making reference to John 15: 1- 10 we should never get ourselves to leave the TRUE VINE. The TRUE VINE was never called a RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION or an ORGANIZATION.
Exactly. That's true.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 11:04pm On May 29, 2020
Maximus69:

The organization is NOT following man-made tradition Sir!

Our own God is Jehovah, so the light is getting brighter by the day {Proverbs 4:18} when God's Organization gives orders we all comply.

But as for baptizing a seven years old child to become a preacher and teacher, think of the God whose priests anointed a SEVEN year old boy as King over his own people {2Kings 11:21} surely this God does not think the way the people of the world thinks Sir! Isaiah 55:8-9

That's why we are always careful not to disturb his spirit as it's burning in the heart of our young Christian soldiers! 1Samuel 17:31-37

We are Jehovah's Witnesses, we fear most the person Jehovah is ready to use for his work than the most intelligent, most powerful, most educated unbeliever in the world! 2Timothy 3:15-17 smiley

You still have not answered my question as to providing evidence that your religious leaders were chosen in 1919.

You said you don't believe in infant or child baptism, yet you turn around and baptize 7 year olds. Infact your organization has baptized a 6 year old. It's in one of your yearbooks. That right there is hypocrisy my friend. Jesus was baptized at 30. How can a 7 year old be baptized into an organization he barely knows? And if tomorrow he decides he no longer wants to be a part of it, he's excommunicated and shunned eternally.

The way you go around quoting scriptures out of context is amazing my friend. You quoted Proverbs 4: 18 to prove that doctrines will be changing as light. Please I want you to read Proverbs 4: 10 - 19 to see what the context is saying. That verse of the Bible is not in any way talking about doctrinal changes, but it is contrasting the path of the wicked vs that of the righteous and the outcomes of both paths.

I challenge you to read the context to see what the Bible really is talking about. There is not a single verse in the Bible that suggests that "truth" will be changing from one thing to a totally different thing. Worse yet, there is nothing in the Bible that teaches that "truth" will flip-flop from front to back like your doctrines have done and keep doing.

Please answer my questions
1) provide evidence for us all to see your religion was chosen in 1919

2) provide evidence in the Bible that shows that children, infact babies as young as 7 years old were baptised during the Christian Era.

3) show me one place in the Bible that says that doctrines which were once taught as "truth" will change to new truth or new light as you call it.

I anticipate your response sir.

Thank you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Janosky: 12:05am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:

You still have not answered my question as to providing evidence that your religious leaders were chosen in 1919.

You said you don't believe in infant or child baptism, yet you turn around and baptize 7 year olds. Infact your organization has baptized a 6 year old. It's in one of your yearbooks. That right there is hypocrisy my friend. Jesus was baptized at 30. How can a 7 year old be baptized into an organization he barely knows? And if tomorrow he decides he no longer wants to be a part of it, he's excommunicated and shunned eternally.

The way you go around quoting scriptures out of context is amazing my friend. You quoted Proverbs 4: 18 to prove that doctrines will be changing as light. Please I want you to read Proverbs 4: 10 - 19 to see what the context is saying. That verse of the Bible is not in any way talking about doctrinal changes, but it is contrasting the path of the wicked vs that of the righteous and the outcomes of both paths.

I challenge you to read the context to see what the Bible really is talking about. There is not a single verse in the Bible that suggests that "truth" will be changing from one thing to a totally different thing. Worse yet, there is nothing in the Bible that teaches that "truth" will flip-flop from front to back like your doctrines have done and keep doing.

2) provide evidence in the Bible that shows that children, infact babies as young as 7 years old were baptised during the Christian Era.

3) show me one place in the Bible that says that doctrines which were once taught as "truth" will change to new truth or new light as you call it.

Thank you.

Since 1919 period, Jehovah's servants have received MORE understanding of God's word and abandoned false teachings popular in Christendom.
We believe Jehovah choose us to know the truth in the Bible better,since that era....
Take it or leave it.
The choice is yours.

. A child brought up by Jehovah's servants who practice what they learn is really blessed if he cultivates genuine love for God.

Deut 6:6-8.D either 4:9. Genesis 18:19 Prov22:6 children MUST learn Jehovah's ways from their parents. Train up your child according to Jehovah's ways for him/her.
Josiah became king at a tender age, he could as well be baptized at that tender age if baptism was practiced in ancient Israel.

2Tim3:15, Timothy knew the holy writ from infancy before he became a believer.
It is very likely he was baptized at a tender age.
If your child expresses interest in a noble vocation he likes, would you dissuade him?
The biblical principles is there in both OT and NT , any child who is willing to serve Jehovah, we will encourage them to get baptized.

It's not by fire by force. Not everyone will serve Jehovah. It's by choice.
No be crime.

Genesis 1:1,26-28 gave info about Creation.
The Israelites knew about Genesis account but only Jesus Followers knew about Hebrews 1:1-14.
Hebrews 1:1-14 ADDED more meat to the flesh.

Abeg bring Evidence that your gods of men drank tea with God. grin

Bring Evidence here that God spoke to your Churchpreneurs. I want see am..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:23am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:

Thank you.

This is where you appreciate them the MOST. They will avoid it like they AVOID LEPERS in those days.

Take a look at the BELOW and loooool

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 12:26am On May 30, 2020
Janosky:

Abeg bring Evidence that your gods of men drank tea with God. grin

Bring Evidence here that God spoke to your Churchpreneurs. I want see am..

Is that the best you can do? So you can't provide evidence that your religion was chosen in 1919. I have been asking for more than 24 hours now. Yet, not one scriptural proof.

By the way, I follow christ not men like you do by following your governing body. See what your governing body said below :

"All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." - Watchtower 13 11/15 pp. 16-20

I have enough receipts sir. I can bring more receipts if you want that shows your leaders demanding obedience and loyalty that should only be given to God.

Ehe, BTW 1 Cor 3:4 is my motto. I do not belong to Paul, neither do I belong to Apollos. I belong to Christ the head of the Church. I don't follow any gods of men like you call them. My leader is one, the christ. You can't say the same about yourself. Your leaders are in America wearing suits and wearing strange rings on their right fingers.

While you are on it, we are still waiting for answers to my questions.

In case you have forgotten, here they are

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 12:34am On May 30, 2020
achorladey:

This is where you appreciate them the MOST. They will avoid it like they AVOID LEPERS in those days.

Take a look at the BELOW and loooool
Lol. You are right o. And they have been avoiding my sincere question o.

I am still waiting for them to answer my questions o. Jw's in the house, I sincerely await your response.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Janosky: 1:10am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:

Is that the best you can do? So you can't provide evidence that your religion was chosen in 1919. I have been asking for more than 24 hours now. Yet, not one scriptural proof.

By the way, I follow christ not men like you do by following your governing body. See what your governing body said below :

"All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." - Watchtower 13 11/15 pp. 16-20

I have enough receipts sir. I can bring more receipts if you want that shows your leaders demanding obedience and loyalty that should only be given to God.

Ehe, BTW 1 Cor 3:4 is my motto. I do not belong to Paul, neither do I belong to Apollos. I belong to Christ the head of the Church. I don't follow any gods of men like you call them. My leader is one, the christ. You can't say the same about yourself. Your leaders are in America wearing suits and wearing strange rings on their right fingers.

While you are on it, we are still waiting for answers to my questions.

In case you have forgotten, here they are

What's the name of the church you have your membership card?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:51am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:

Thank you.

You've said it all my friend!

What you want is for Jehovah's Witnesses to join the rest of your cohorts claiming Christians (despite all the contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines) just agree that there is no difference and stop discriminating against you people! cheesy

Settled!

So instead of all these pretext of scrutiny, just go and continue worshiping your own God. JEHOVAH our own God differs from yours that's what we're telling you, and if you're not worshiping with us there is no salvation for you!

But if you feel like asking questions to know more about us, the same people from whom you learnt all what you're saying now are still very much around you Sir, go and meet them, they'll feel obliged as in privileged to attend to you!

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:22am On May 30, 2020
Janosky:

Since 1919 period, Jehovah's servants have received MORE understanding of God's word and abandoned false teachings popular in Christendom.
We believe Jehovah choose us to know the truth in the Bible better,since that era....
Take it or leave it.
The choice is yours

They're now becoming more and more restless by the day!

Instead of asking themselves "what is wrong with our own gathering?" they felt everything was fine when their leaders are going about deceiving everyone with big religious titles and enjoying the prominence in the midst of worldly politicians! Luke 16:19

They kept milking faithful people and extorting all their means of livelihood only to enrich their own purses and buying private jets {Luke 16:20-21} but now that Jesus' angels are separating honest hearted and sincere people and gathering them together as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers they want us to accept them as our family in Faith yet they're not ready to leave falsehood! Luke 16:22-23

After being eyewitnesses of Jehovah's blessing amongst his faithful earthly servants {Luke 16:23}

Rich man's camp always begging Lazarus' camp for drop of water from our fingertip! Luke 16:24

Now they're crying for attention when they had all the chance on planet earth to switch over to pure worship! Luke 16:27-28

Jesus' illustration is just perfect, let them accept what God's Organization teaches or continue worshiping their own God after all it's a free world! Luke 16:29-31

So if he wants to learn, he knows where to get God's people but if he feels he knows better then he should continue worshiping his own God, period! smiley

Nobody is forcing anybody! grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 8:55am On May 30, 2020
Maximus69:

You've said it all my friend!

What you want is for Jehovah's Witnesses to join the rest of your cohorts claiming Christians (despite all the contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines) just agree that there is no difference and stop discriminating against you people! cheesy

Settled!

So instead of all these pretext of scrutiny, just go and continue worshiping your own God. JEHOVAH our own God differs from yours that's what we're telling you, and if you're not worshiping with us there is no salvation for you!

But if you feel like asking questions to know more about us, the same people from whom you learnt all what you're saying now are still very much around you Sir, go and meet them, they'll feel obliged as in privileged to attend to you!

God bless you! smiley

grin grin grin

Sorry that I am laughing o. It's just that you have not answered any of the questions I asked. Instead you are telling me to worship my own God while you worship your own. Lol.
Even the scripture you quoted falsely proverbs 4, that I pointed out, you went silent on it. I will say it again I want everyone reading this message to read proverbs 4:10 - 19 and tell us, is that place talking about light of doctrines getting brighter or is it contrasting the way of the righteous vs the way of the wicked and the eventual outcomes.

You said we will all die if we don't join your organization, you tried to deny that that is your belief, I provided proof to keep you quiet and you quiet you were. Now, if it is true that we who are not part of your organization will be destroyed, then the responsibility lies on you to provide evidence that you were chosen by God in the first place in 1919 as you claim.

Provide evidence that's all we ask. You keep running from the question. All I have seen you do on this forum from reading your comments is what I call Box ticking exercise. Where you tell people we preach, we show love, we avoid politics etc, therefore you are the true religion. That is a classic box ticking exercise.
The Mormon Church has 12 pillars that make them say they are the only true church too because only them fulfill those things.
They claim they have an unbroken chain of priesthood authority that goes back to Bible times, they have modern temples etc. My point is every church that claims to have the truth engages in this same box ticking exercise. Which is simply : because only us do this and this (criteria picked by them out of the Bible) then it must be true.
So enough of the box ticking exercise sir. We need evidence. What is the evidence you were chosen in 1919?

Remember this is an opportunity for you to preach to me. As hard as it may be for you to believe I am open minded. Show me evidence so that I can consider it. You have not shown a single one thus far. All you do is write long articles without addressing my questions.

I am waiting for evidence o and if possible answers to my other 2 questions.

Thank you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:58am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:

grin grin grin

Sorry that I am laughing o. It's just that you have not answered any of the questions I asked. Instead you are telling me to worship my own God while you worship your own. Lol.
Even the scripture you quoted falsely proverbs 4, that I pointed out, you went silent on it. I will say it again I want everyone reading this message to read proverbs 4:10 - 19 and tell us, is that place talking about light of doctrines getting brighter or is it contrasting the way of the righteous vs the way of the wicked and the eventual outcomes.

You said we will all die if we don't join your organization, you tried to deny that that is your belief, I provided proof to keep you quiet and you quiet you were. Now, if it is true that we who are not part of your organization will be destroyed, then the responsibility lies on you to provide evidence that you were chosen by God in the first place in 1919 as you claim.

Provide evidence that's all we ask. You keep running from the question. All I have seen you do on this forum from reading your comments is what I call Box ticking exercise. Where you tell people we preach, we show love, we avoid politics etc, therefore you are the true religion. That is a classic box ticking exercise.
The Mormon Church has 12 pillars that make them say they are the only true church too because only them fulfill those things.
They claim they have an unbroken chain of priesthood authority that goes back to Bible times, they have modern temples etc. My point is every church that claims to have the truth engages in this same box ticking exercise. Which is simply : because only us do this and this (criteria picked by them out of the Bible) then it must be true.
So enough of the box ticking exercise sir. We need evidence. What is the evidence you were chosen in 1919?

Remember this is an opportunity for you to preach to me. As hard as it may be for you to believe I am open minded. Show me evidence so that I can consider it. You have not shown a single one thus far. All you do is write long articles without addressing my questions.

I am waiting for evidence o and if possible answers to my other 2 questions.

Thank you.

Keep waiting Sir! cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 9:00am On May 30, 2020
Janosky:

What's the name of the church you have your membership card?
This is just childish. I told you I don't follow men, yet you are find straws to grasp so that you can "win arguments". Really how petty can you be? For real man. If you are not going to answer my questions at least have the maturity to say so.

You are the one that is shouting that your organization is the only truth, that whoever is not associated with it will die at armageddon. (I have provided evidence of this from your publications)
So the Onus lies on you to provide the evidence for us to see that you were really chosen by God in 1919 out of the numerous other religions. Provide The Biblical and emperical evidence. We are waiting for your evidence. cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 9:11am On May 30, 2020
;
Maximus69:

Keep waiting Sir! cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There you have it my people. This is his response. That we should keep waiting. Lol.
Not one of my questions were answered.

For everyone reading this, please when jw's come to your home, please show them love, don't treat them badly. They are your fellow humans. Treating them badly feeds their persecution complex. When they come, instead of arguing anything with them, tell them to provide evidence that they were chosen in 1919. Allow them to provide that evidence, like I have given the jehovah's witnesses the opportunity to do for nearly 48 hours now, yet not one single evidence.

When they talk to you listen to them and even go to their website if they direct you, but also visit www.jwfacts.com to fact check their doctrines and their policies and to hear the other side of the arguments against their doctrines and policies. All the facts in the www.jwfacts.com website is gotten from the jehovah's witnesses books and publications.

So Mr Maximus69, it's such a pity you couldn't defend your faith by providing this evidence. Thank you for doing it in the full glare of Nairaland. BTW jwfacts.com is a good place for you too to do research about your group, that is if you become open minded.

Have a nice day my brother cool

Thank you
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 9:27am On May 30, 2020
Janosky:

Take it or leave it.
The choice is yours.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

So it is now a take it or leave it argument. Lol.

Since 1919 you have received ;Dmore understanding? Incase you don't understand the question, the question is proof, evidence that you were chosen in 1919. It is not a matter of what "you believe" since you said "we believe". Provide evidence ooo. I know churches who claim that since 1700s they have been getting a better understanding of the Bible. Does that make them the truth?
Provide evidence oo. Biblical and emperical to show us that you were chosen in 1919.

Thank you grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:34am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:
;
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There you have it my people. This is his response. That we should keep waiting. Lol.
Not one of my questions were answered.

For everyone reading this, please when jw's come to your home, please show them love, don't treat them badly. They are your fellow humans. Treating them badly feeds their persecution complex. When they come, instead of arguing anything with them, tell them to provide evidence that they were chosen in 1919. Allow them to provide that evidence, like I have given the jehovah's witnesses the opportunity to do for nearly 48 hours now, yet not one single evidence.

When they talk to you listen to them and even go to their website if they direct you, but also visit www.jwfacts.com to fact check their doctrines and their policies. All the facts in the www.jwfacts.com website is gotten from the jehovah's witnesses books and publications.

So Mr Maximus69, it's such a pity you couldn't defend your faith by providing this evidence. Thank you for doing it in the full glare of Nairaland. BTW jwfacts.com is a good place for you too to do research about your group, that is if you become open minded.

Have a nice day my brother neighbour cool

Thank you

Jesus never sent us to you or your cohorts on faceless social media like Nairaland Sir.

Our assignment is to find the "lost sheep of the house of Israel" {Matthew 10:6} meaning people who realize they needed spiritual guidance.

Jesus made it clear that it's not a collective learning program Sir! cheesy

Each person will decide on his own whether to join the sheep fold or not! Matthew 10:13

So speak of your own personal resolution Sir, millions are studying God's word with his people and getting baptized enen in this pandemic lockdown! smiley

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Timalt: 10:53am On May 30, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus never sent us to you or your cohorts on faceless social media like Nairaland Sir.

Our assignment is to find the "lost sheep of the house of Israel" {Matthew 10:6} meaning people who realize they needed spiritual guidance.

Jesus made it clear that it's not a collective learning program Sir! cheesy

Each person will decide on his own whether to join the sheep fold or not! Matthew 10:13

So speak of your own personal resolution Sir, millions are studying God's word with his people and getting baptized enen in this pandemic lockdown! smiley

grin grin grin grin

You don see preaching run. Lol.

My people can you see it how this our man no wan answer my questions o.

And by the way, can you see the kind of extremist behavior he exhibits? cheesy
I called him a brother. Jesus says "all of you are brothers" - Matthew 23:8. I am a disciple of Christ and no matter my doctrinal difference with others I consider them my brothers and sisters.
But for Jehovah's witnesses, it is only them that are brothers or sisters.
He corrected where I called him a brother and called me a neighbor. Lol. Kaii
He believes it's only Jehovah's witnesses that are his brothers and sisters. That is how fanatical he is.

My questions still remains o

We need answers o
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:40am On May 30, 2020
Timalt:

grin grin grin grin

You don see preaching run. Lol.

My people can you see it how this our man no wan answer my questions o.

And by the way, can you see the kind of extremist behavior he exhibits? cheesy
I called him a brother. Jesus says "all of you are brothers" - Matthew 23:8. I am a disciple of Christ and no matter my doctrinal difference with others I consider them my brothers and sisters.
But for Jehovah's witnesses, it is only them that are brothers or sisters.
He corrected where I called him a brother and called me a neighbor. Lol. Kaii
He believes it's only Jehovah's witnesses that are his brothers and sisters. That is how fanatical he is.

My questions still remains o

We need answers o

What you don't know is the fact that Jesus' order carries two key functions:- Matthew 28:19-20

PREACHING~ short presentation to spur the interest of our householder, it's after this short presentation that the interested person starts giving more time as he/she realizes the significance of what he/she heard!

TEACHING~ extensive explanation when the interested person began looking forward to learning from the preachers!

You've heard so much from Jehovah's Witnesses Sir, so you're NOT expecting our PREACHING anymore but TEACHING, therefore if you truthfully want to learn, you have to follow the instructions of the teachers! You're the one having all those questions at heart Sir, you're to approach Jehovah's Witnesses to learn what you don't know.
You can't be the (humble) student and at the same time dictating for the teacher how to teach you Sir! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.