Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (56145 Views)

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra  7 / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by rexbuton: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2015
There will be no biafra yet
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by oluwaahmed: 8:06am On Nov 08, 2015
Nigeria is a failed state. True dev can only cme in a confederal system or regional govt. D power @ d centre is not holdin & cannot develope Nigeria because it was born outa a military ideology. Democracy has 2 plan it's own cause, nigeria is too big & diverse 4 power 2 be held @ d center. Dis is y kwaruptn is rampant & Ders wide spread poverty & illiteracy. Focussin power @ d center means only pple who can reach der can eat, Dats y wen GEJ stupidly boasted abt nigerias economy bein d largest in africa I felt sad because only a very few pple benefitted 4rm dis. I used 2 look @ dis biafra agitatn as a bunch of jobless oafers lukin 4 attentn, but after travellin 4rm phc 2 owerri I changed my mind. 1st we cldnt go tru owerri-phc road cos it's already a death trap, so we decided 2 go round(aba-phc) only 2 get stuck in obigvo(oyibo) for 2 hours because of bad road(mind u we wer der by 7am) all d feral roads in SE/SS axis are all bad, no meaningful dev. Govt shd address dese issues & stop clampin down/killin peaceful protesters dey r not helpin anybody. No matter how strong d DSS may luk or army/navy wen a full blown war escalates even d strong might go AWOL because of everybody is equally armed & dangerous. Honestly am tired of hausa/fulani rulership. Buhari is not a saint as he claims 2 be. D chief judge of d federal high court & present customs boss were among d military tribunal dt sentenced Ken-sarowiwa & 8 odas 2 death. Ogonis want 2 secceed, so do d ijawas & biafra. Dis is evidence of a failed state, u mite squash d resistance 4 now but 4 ow long. D worse part is dt ogoni, ijaw, ikwere, ndigbo now realise dat dey hav a common enemy(nigeria). It wasn't like d oda civil war wer ibo dragged dem into. Now dey hav common 2 a common undastandin dt dey can't start a war alone. Buhari spread justice & development quick b4 it gets outa hand. Reorganise d system of govt also quickly, & beg ur pple 2 stop openly displayin deir highandness because dey control d military.

22 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by bot101(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Okay, whatever.

I'm not igbo.
I don't need to be one.
But I know BIAFRA has come to stay. The actualisation of Biafra is a fait accompli.
Again, we must have any of this in Nigeria in the very near future:
True Federalism;
Regionalism; or
Cessation.
Those from regions they think and know do not bring anything to the table should not bother quoting me.
Those are the only ways we can live in peace: end insurgency, militancy, and protests, here and there.

The marriage of convenience, strange-bed-felowships and love-lost has to either end or be redefined.

You just spoke my mind.

4 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2015
There is a peaceful way to secede without shedding a single drop of blood.Let there be referendum for those who want to go like it was done in Scotland and some other European countries.I know some region is taking cognizant of the crude oil that is not in their region to force unity on other people.Unity is not by force.This is democracy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Satisfier(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2015
I Have Always Ignored This Type Of Trend But With The Way Things Are Going Its Becoming 50-50.

When A Man Fights And Never Gives Up, Victory Must Be His Someday, A Nation Should Fear That Man or People That Can Die And Will Stop At Nothing In Getting His Course.

The Bitter Truth Is That Biafra Is Gradually Becoming Like The Air That Can't Be Contained.

Finally All Those Great Men In The Past That Achieved Great Inventions Never Gave Up, They Tried A Thousand Time And Finally Got It .

Even God Answers The Persisting Prayer Eventually .

Nigeria Sorry To Say But I Smell Biafra

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by ukaegbuikedia: 8:10am On Nov 08, 2015
Nigeria is just a conglomerate of black people..
Amalgamatiion is a fraud.bringing different people,culture,religions,tribes togerther without their consent, just to satisfy the colonial master.

#Biaframustgo.

16 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by kboycrew: 8:10am On Nov 08, 2015
If Jonathan won the elections will they be agitating they want to go?
Useless tribalists. Let them go... can't wait to take over their businesses when they leave.
It is unfortunate this race of people fail to realise they are just traders who need to buy &sell to survive. They have no oil, no land, no resource etc. Yet if all the Igbos should go back home, where is the land that will contain them.
They have just taken themselves back to civil war era wher everyone looked at them with suspicion.
I weep 4 them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Lanre90(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
this issue is getting to much media.
I think them eastern people should site Delta state as an example.
How united are the inhabitants if Delta state, hence how united will them people of Biafra be?

Follow the data, dont just take actions.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Phame: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
axfix:
Roll the tanks on ordinary Book Haram first if you have one olodo.
the tanks work more on jobless IPOD youths.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by kingthreat(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
this Biafra thing don tire me joor. Abeg make ibos go. At least the federal republic of Nigeria will be free of some certain crimes. There are over 100 ethnic groups in Nigeria, we can definitely do without one.

4 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by 247notire(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
You blame UK, you blame US , you even twist history just to jerk off and feel satisfied

Guess what , UK does not give a flying Furck about Biafra or you , Neither does any part of the world

You know why ??

You thrive on lies and propaganda , if not for that, UK just gave freedom to a nation

Spain just did , they followed protocol, did not use propaganda

Kalu is in prison, what has your protest done ?

Better go back to sit down and reorganize

Biafra has no geographical area or border with everyone saying they are not part of Biafra

There's no source of Income, i assure you Nigeria won't just open her seas and borders to you

All stll on still, na God Win
Obviously u have a slavish mentality. So because Biafrans want to have their own country u'll close ur borders and ports to them? Well,it's what we've been saying, other tribes hate igbos because they dare to do what the slaves will neva think of doing cos they love the master slave relationship soo much. U deserve to be hanged to death, shot severally and then butchered for ur silly conclusions.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by chronique(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
What's the point in forcing the Biafrans to stay when they don't want to? Give them their own nation and let there be peace.

13 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by duwdu: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
RichieF27:
Rather surreptitiously, Biafra is no longer identifiable with only secession of South East from Nigeria. Instead, Biafra has become a figure of expression of whatever grievances of groups or sections all over the country. During his tenure as elected president, Olusegun Obasanjo said he was serving Nigeria and not Yorubaland. Accordingly, for eight years, South West was not developed. None of Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Sagamu-Benin expressway, Lagos Abeokuta road or Ibadan-Ife road was touched. South westerners went Biafran and publicly expressed their determination to walk out of the Nigerian federation if their political demands at national conference organised by ex-President Goodluck Jonathan were not met. And only recently, some south westerners led by former military governor of Oyo State, General Adeyinka Adebayo, threatened to reconsider their continued stay in the Nigerian federation if kidnapping and menace of cattle rearers were not checked in South West. That was not a threat to the sanctity of Nigeria’s national borders?

See the way the writer weaved his own accounts of happenings during the Obasanjo era straight into still his from the present six months, while conveniently omitting that in-between from the Jonathan six-year era during which the southeast was clearly in control at the center? That is acute, divisive, and bare-faced propaganda. Hmm.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by adanny01(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
successiam:
thou I'm a Niger Delta man, Biafra must stand

God bless Biafra

may God destroy northern Nigeria

One reason i really want Biafra is the fact that it may be worst than South Sudan. I supported south Sudan for their independance but got the shocker when they turned on themselves.

With Igbo the majority in Biafra, it spells doom which the average Niger Delta isnt aware due to hate of the Hausa. I think an Igbo man is more of a threat to a Niger Deltan than a Hausa man. The Niger Deltan will most likely see more of "his resource" in the hands of Igbo and will likely kick against it once again and the whole circle repeats but this time there is no going back for the Niger Deltan. Hausa man is the majority in Nigeria and Igbo is majority in Biafra. One way or the other the Niger Deltan will not be satisfied and its the same problem in Nigeria or Biafra.

It is always true that you dont know what you have until you lose it. The Niger Deltan who thinks he lost in Nigeria will certainly lose more in Biafra and the war continues.Biafra isnt about the South South but the South East. Those South South who have decide to join the South East are taking their region for a big ride that will spell doom.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by yapapa: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
truefact:
Tell the fetish clowns and their slave masters
ori iya e buru

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Oildichotomy(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
You blame UK, you blame US , you even twist history just to jerk off and feel satisfied

Guess what , UK does not give a flying Furck about Biafra or you , Neither does any part of the world

You know why ??

You thrive on lies and propaganda , if not for that, UK just gave freedom to a nation

Biafra has no geographical area or border with everyone saying they are not part of Biafra

There's no source of Income, i assure you Nigeria won't just open her seas and borders to you

Which seas and borders are we talking of here ? The Northern seas or the South western's.

You have to properly and carefully draw the supposed Nigerian borders and seas to come to that conclusion.

This marriage is not working-- divorce is inevitable no matter how much hard-on it gives the North and SWestern folks

They better Jerk-off and come of it and allow these Eastern brothers steer their own cause

12 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by ukomko: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2015
kboycrew:
Useless tribalists. Let them go... can't wait to take over their businesses when they leave.
It is unfortunate this race of people fail to realise they are just traders who need to buy &sell to survive. They have no oil, no land, no resource etc. Yet if all the Igbos should go back home, where is the land that will contain them.
They have just taken themselves back to civil war era wher everyone looked at them with suspicion.
I weep 4 them.
Lazy slots thinking,,can u manage the business?

7 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2015
Nnamdi kanu , the nelson mandela of our time.

Nelson mandela was arrested, prosecuted and sentence to life in imprisonment for treason. You all know how the story ended.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Montaque(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

You know why ??

If you said the UK doesn't care about biafra, you are right in the sense that they don't want biafra to happen.
If you think otherwise, you should ask yourself if the biafra struggle is different from that of Sudan, Eritrea, and even Scotland.
The UN with the push of the big 3 among the big 5 led the struggle there. Why is biafra different?

9 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by 247notire(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2015
kboycrew:
I weep 4 them.
Did u just say take over someone's business? Anyways ur still a small boy who knows nothing. Keep waiting for whose business u want to covet. Thats y most of ur ppl neva turn out to be much, lazy bunch of bastârds

12 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by persius555(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2015
The south east have a right to self determination. The realities of self determination is like a "bitter pill". The doctor assures you will be cured of all ailment, but doesnt tell you it is bitter tasting and last over a week before total healing and cleansing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by myproperty(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2015
This Biafra issue is gaining momentum everyday. The Federal Government must address the issue before it gets out of hand . Agitation do not come out of joy but out of hanger and frustration

10 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by yapapa: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2015
Amack:
Like play play they go actualisation Biafra. I pray to be alive to witness the Great fulfill dreams of Biafrans. Thank God I'm a Biafra.
I'm gon be a lot happier ..make you pack your oriburuku go

3 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2015
Well i want Biafra to go. Let them go into their neverland country . But as of now , the constituent parts of the so-called Biafra are not yet defined ! But that is not my business . All Igbos must be ready to leave the South-west and the North once the agreements are signed in Geneva .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Orikinla(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2015
All those clamouring for Biafra are frustrated idiots. And I mean every word in my statement. I have addressed the most educated of their leaders, who is in the US. And he has seen that majority of those making the loudest noise on Biafra are not making sense. They are Igbos who are driven by frustration and desperation since they have failed to excel and succeed in the highly competitive Nigerian society and they think having their own region as an independent nation is the solution to their frustration. I was a refugee child during the Biafran war, my mother lost three children, elder brother, in-laws and relations among the millions of civilians who lost their lives in the worst civil war in Africa and will never pray for another civil war anywhere in Africa. All tribal bigots are idiots. I am totally committed to One Nigeria and the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa. What people are discussing in America is "THE VICTORY OF MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND THE NIGERIAN DREAM" and not the stu-pidity of tribal bigot of Biafra. We should all support President Muhammadu Buhari, the luckiest President of Nigeria since 1960 to date. I just sent him a text message minutes ago to thank him for speaking to every member of our Golden Eaglets to motivate them to win the FIFA Under-17 World Cup for the 5th time. Nigeria won it for the first time in 1985, when President Buhari was the military Head of State of Nigeria. Speaking to the Golden Eaglets who are in fact made up of more Igbos than other tribes shows how representing our Nigeria as patriotic Nigerians is the spirit of the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa. See Nigerians Report Online: President Muhammadu Buhari is the Luckiest Nigerian Political Leader Since Independence, http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2015/06/president-muhammadu-buhari-is-luckiest.html,

6 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by TheUnblinded: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2015
The Dangers Of A Single Story - How Half Of A Yellow Sun Inspires Igbos (photos)

See link for rest of the post on "The Most Provocative And Stirring Images That Is About To Cause Another War" https://www.nairaland.com/2719906/most-evocative-stirring-images-cause

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Chigold101(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2015
Phame:
Let them go. But if they insult us in the course of their agitation, then expect us to roll the tanks.
I want igbo to go. Buhari, do that already.
I wish Buhari thinks like you think... Inwish Bubu wants Igbos to go too.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Legitbaba(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2015
successiam:
thou I'm a Niger Delta man, Biafra must stand

God bless Biafra

may God destroy northern Nigeria
Thats my stand as well...we are tired or this one Nigeria Shiit

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by simplisity(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

You know why ??

How many yrs did Nelson Mandela stayed in d prison? Weder in d prison or not, what would be would be. Biafra has come to stay and it must be actualise, jst watch and see.

7 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Billygee2u: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Onyocha: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2015
[b]how can five landlocked state form a country? the main agitators for Biafra are not after "emancipating" the Igbos from Nigeria but are after enslaving the minorities of the Niger Delta. The agitators for Biafra know that their dream will not be possible or sustainable with five landlocked states. they need an access to seaport and the resources of the Niger Delta to form a sustainable country. In other words, the Igbos for Biafra dream of replicating another Nigeria or a smaller version (without the north and south west) where the Igbos will dominate. and even if that goes on to happen, what guarantees are there that this state will remain united and further divisions will not happen? The ijaws and other minorities in the Niger Delta will surely kick against Igbo domination and will want their independence too. then, where will you place Edo, akwa ibom and Cross River? we are talking here of an unsustainable Biafra dividing into another four countries at least. in that case, and after the minorities who will be more in number than the Igbos overwhelm the igbos, it will be igbos themselves who will again agitate for Nigeria to return!!! a biafra will be a recipe for confusion, further divisions, bloodshed and a burden for west africa and the world. no body wants to welcome refugees, especially from a heavily populated country. therefore no one wants to touch the Pandora box.

in the north, there is also question of minorities. there is a christian minority. will they want to live outside a unified Nigeria? can biafra give them solutions? or will further division take place? talking about referendum, that is not feasible in Nigeria at all. Igbos are scattered all over the country with investments and businesses across the country. will only Igbos take part in a referendum? and what of those igbos outside the five landlocked and impoverished states? the Igbos are the most scattered ethnic group in Nigeria, yet some idle people want separation. if you truly want separation, the first thing to do is to develop your five states. do not place any eye on the South South or the oil of the Niger Delta. even if your dream come to happen, that unity with the South South will not last. after you develop your state, then ask your brothers scattered all over the country to return. they will not. why? because five landlocked states cannot sustain themselves. if your five states are an economic model and paradise on earth, it will be the other way round. people from all around Nigeria and even the world will be rushing to your states; not Igbos rushing to other states. Dubai is still part of the UAE yet it attracts investments from the world over. how many multinational companies and foreign ovestors are found in the south east?

if those neo-Biafran agitators are sincere about their call for independence, then it is very sorry for them. this is a call without foresight. and if they are not sincere, and they are simply doing it because a northerner they dont like is the president of the country, then they are going about the wrong way. you had your chance to vote and you voted in the wrong direction-ethnicity and religion. Nigeria voted to move away from ethnicity and religious barriers. what are you therefore complaining about? if you want the attention of the president, you dont ask for it using threat of division and war. the catastrophic results of war will be unbearable even for the agitators.

the solution, and that is the bitter pill Igbos have to swallow, is for, at least, there to be political unity with the north. if the yorubas can do it, then why cant the igbos? get over bitterness and division and threats. there should be diversity in opinions and choices in the south east. do not place your eggs in one political party or in the basket of ethnicism and religionism and regionalism. even europe that was divided into small nation states has united to form a powerful european union. there is power in unity. today Nigeria is a strong country and seen as such. who will consider biafra or give it relevance that Nigeria enjoys today? and to become independent, you need international support. it is not enough for you to clamor for independence. you need the UN; and the UN has powerful countries which must agree you deserve independence and they are ready to work with you if you become independent. as much as foreign interference in any country's affairs is repugnant, if other countries dont fly your flag in their capital, your passport will not be recognized.[/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by fr3do(m): 8:29am On Nov 08, 2015
Something smells fishy
Britain joyfully supported the disintegration of contries like rhodesia, sudan and ethopia, maybe in the hope of stopping the rise of a black power country, but resists the break up of Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Threw Bianca Ojukwu Out Of Aso Rock For Flirting With GEJ-Kemi / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.