Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (56146 Views)

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra  7 / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

You have started again? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[b]We've heard such "boasting" before, so many times!grin grin grin
Chest-beating and mouthing-off!
Nor be today!
undecided

Lastpage!

This crayon man, must you stay with Igbos? I don't really care about odourduwa, but you care so much about Biafraland. You are now suddenly an expert on Biafran geography?

Instead of channeling your efforts on your yorrober state and insisting that Bin raufu aregbesola pays your hungry and dieing parents their pension, you are here gingerly tearing clothes on Biafran issues? Misplaced priorities is a mental disease prevalent among yorrobers. grin

5 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by adanny01(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Phinagold:

Thats a big lie.... if so why did the igbos supported and voted massively for GEJ even more than the South South Is he an igbo? because he is simply from a Biafran state. What impression does that alone gave you

Stop vomitting trash.....u dont know anything about Biafra

Thats because the Igbos cant see beyond their nose. Have you forgotten that the Northerners voted massively for Obj even more than the South West. In 2011 the North had split votes for Jonathan and Buhari their own was starved of votes. The Igbos have never really supported anyone other than GEJ. It is not anybody's fault that they alienated themselves from the rest of Nigeria.

Cant you see that by deliberate scheme of things, Power is rotated between South west, North, South South, North and am sure next time is going to be South west. If the rotation should continue to the next South turn, it will still go to the South South. The south south can continue to fraternise with the south east at their own peril.

Just like the civil war was between Hausa and Igbo, the recent Biafra is actually the same as before except that the South south have been pushed forward this time for the convenience of South east. We all know marriages of convenience doesnt last or is definitely headed for trouble waters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Odimson69: 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
to me the north are demanding caliphate state, the west oduduwa republic and east said Biafra.if that is what everybody want do it for we are in democracy
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Ngwaukwu1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

I asked a Question which l want you to respond to:

Will the Ibos agree to secede with just their five "core Ibo states" and leave the Oil-rich South-South out of the equation?

Lastpage!

I know the highlighted question above was addressed to someone else, but for the sake of clarity are you able to answer why YOU think the Igbos should agree to secede without their kith and kin from none "core Ibo (sic) states"?

4 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lmm4real: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
oluwaahmed:

It's a federal road bros

Soooooo dose that mean people will die their first before u will stop believing this ur "It's a federal road" mentality.
Do u know hw many federal road the FG has to deal with, are the FG the ones plying that road on a daily basis. What is wrong with the state government putting palliative measures on the road before it collapsed.
Was the state government not awear of the bad state of the road before it failed. Who will bring the attention of the FG to that road, is that not suppose to be the job of the state government. My dear learn to hold ur state government responsible. The FG can not be every where all th time.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Shymm3x: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

I mentioned some of the reasons it is "not functioning properly" as it should ....but it will take a whole page to do justice to the reasons, one after another. We both know such reasons and we both have mentioned some of them - Corruption, Nepotism, bad leadership, e.t.c

Is such arraingement feasible?
It is feasible...very feasible, if we all approach issues with 'Honesty of purpose'!
if some people ar eno more interested in their own selfish interest at the detriment of the whole country
if some are still not too embittered and lurking in the shadows, for their "pound of flesh"! grin
If some are not so consumed with "hatred" for their fellow Nigerians, that whatever we say, is not even examined but condemned from the onset
It is possible, if we all approach issues with the mindset of "making it better".... than destroying it !
It is possible if GREED is not the primary motivating factor of some.

Ha! I see you have stopped talking about clash of interests, which is the primary reason why Nigeria is an utter failure. And the inability of this cancer to plague the Western Region, in the first republic, as the reason why the region excelled. I'd add that the other regions were also growing, albeit not on the same level as the Western region. However, everything came to a halt, with the arrival of the unitary system - and the more they centralise everything, the further down the abyss path for the country. The primary reason why Nigeria is a failed state.

Sir, the truth is that: corruption, nepotism, bad leadership et al are symptoms of the structure of the country and having a big government where everything is centralised. Take nepotism for example - it's intertwined with competitive environments and human nature cos we're all subconsciously partial to those we see as family, no matter how folks may try to live in denial. So how would you be able to rid the polity off nepotism, in such a competitive country like Nigeria, where the three headed-monsters (Yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa/Fulani) are trying to protect their respective interests? And if curbing nepotism is a pipe-dream, how would you be able to solve the problem of bad leadership and corruption which are offspring of nepotism?

Furthermore, when trying to ascertain if something is either feasible or not, it's always good to do a proper feasibility study. And once you take time out to do a proper feasibility of study about Nigeria and human behavioural patterns vis-a-vis countries that're functioning in other climes. You'd see that it'll be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for Nigeria to function properly. Honesty of purpose is very difficult there are interests to be protected within a structure. For example: we all saw how Buhari got elected with a pledge of equity/equality and honesty of purpose. However, what did he do when he got there? - he and his Northern cabal made sure the executive, legislative, and judiciary are in control of the North. That's how you checkmate folks and secure ya interests. Regional government and true federalism out of the window, with just one move - and the Northern interest was protected by that move.

I asked a Question which l want you to respond to:

Will the Ibos agree to secede with just their five "core Ibo states" and leave the Oil-rich South-South out of the equation?

This question is at the core of everyonenot taking them seriously! Even a country like Britain is laughing at their effrontery... in 2015!

You know, when Scotland wanted to do a "peaceful secession", Britain made it very clear to them "what and what" they can not go along with, including membership of the E.U and desisting from using the British Pounds! grin
When they saw the "real picture", l guess no one needed to persuade them to stay!
undecided undecided

But if the Scots were ibos, they would insist on eating their cake....and having it. Such is their nature.

BTW: You did not get lost in semantics, I know you are not just well educated, you are highly intelligent so l am not fooled by that! grin grin
You know we were saying two different things! grin

In summary, l think these Ibos, if they are honest, peaceful, purged of their arrogance, bitterness, hatred, tribalism and other vices, can be accommodated in a "more encouraging manner" which addresses their grievances, most of which by the way, are self-inflicted, such that they get a fairer share of the polity without a "greed-induced" break-up of the nation.
The alternative is for them to agree to form their "Bafraud" based on their "five Ibo states" ONLY.

Thanks for your response.

Lastpage!

I honestly can't answer Biafran questions for Igbos - they'll have to answer that.

As for Scotland, most people think the Scots just woke up one day and started asking for independence. That wasn't the case. And I'd wager that the game all long was for more autonomy for Scotland, especially full fiscal autonomy. They never got it, but they'd get more autonomy and I'm sure they'll still get it with time. It wasn't the "threat" that made them stay.

The story of Scotland didn't just start with the referendum - it started during the Thatcher era. They've just been playing a long and waiting game. The game started with Tony Blair and New Labour. Though Blair is English, he was raised in Scotland by Scottish foster parents. When Tony Blair became the PM in 1997, he surrounded himself with a lot of Scots and that was when the Scottish fight started. Within two years of Tony Blair's government, they were able to get their own Parliament and more autonomy. And that was what paved the way for SNP and the holy grail for the fight for independence. if the fight for Scottish independence had been UK parliament (a parliament controlled by the English) thing and not Scottish parliament's - they wouldn't have granted them the chance to have a referendum. So I don't think there's any correlation between Scotland and whatever is going on in Nigeria, to be honest. The UK is a confederation - Nigeria isn't.

3 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by porigho: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
If the igbo people had gone on their own without trying to take the south south states nobody would have bothered but the truth is that they want the oil in the south south states to develop their area.My problem with them is why force other people to join your cause against their will? They are making the same mistake they made back then as the other regions will fight them for the major revenue of this country(oil)

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
The main reason why Biafra cannot be actualised. You cannot force a poo down my throat

Dozzysamuel:
...you have "pushed" off all your brain and no atom of it remains,that's why you are sounding like this.Brainless maggot.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Spybradd: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
adanny01:

I guess you are Igbo. You know well Biafra with be in your best interest but nothing will change for the Niger Deltans.

My position is from history of South Sudan which your Biafra resembles. You can decieve the Niger Deltans but you cant decieve the Northerners or South Westerners.

there you go again with your devil advocacy,why does south sudan only comes to your mind,what about countries like czech and slovakia,india and pakistan,aint africans migeating still to countries like croatia? Again,i repeat: the biafrans and niger deltans are civilised and educated people,people who have experienced and learnt,abeit the hard way,from the bitter nigeria experience,the art and what it takes to exist mutually..more or less correlation..they kniw and wont wanna make the mistakes and bad horrible example set by nigeria..
Besides,its better that one goes thru the dredges now and be fine tommorow in freedom than put up with with same dredges from supposedly fellow country men in bondage..
And seriously speaking,you are of the habit of making mention of and citing the south sudan example,has it occured to you that THE SUDANESSE AND SOUTH SUDANESSE POUND IS WAY MORE VALUABLE AND HIGHER THAN YOUR NIGERIAN NAIRA?! OFFICIALLY,$100 GOES FOR 316 SOUTH SUDAN POUNDS..DO YOUR MATHS AND YOU GET $1=3.16SSP!!!

EVEN IN THE BLACK MARKET,$100 GOES FOR 900SSP...
WHILE IN MAIN SUDAN $0.16=1 SP..

THE LAST TIME I EXCHANGED $100 AT KINGSWAY,APAPA,,THE MALLAMS GAVE ME #21,000..

I BET THATS SOMETHING YOU,AS A NIGERIAN,AFRICA'S LARGEST ECONOMY AND 2ND HIGHEST OIL PRODUCER,IS "PROUD" OF!!!

#AM NOTHING IGBO OR BIAFRAN,AM FULL FLEDGED BENIN BOY,I ONLY SHARE THEIR IDEOLOGY.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Dozzysamuel(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
PUSH1:
The main reason why Biafra cannot be actualised. You cannot force a poo down my throat

...poo is already coming out from ur throat in form the trash u are vomiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Opinedecandid(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:

And u no be igbo.

Wen u finish spilling out ur rubbish, Jst find a place to pupu and pack it in ur dirty mouth.

If I were an igbo man, do u really think I will deny my tribe?

If someone not of your class anyway, reads what I posted and what you have quoted me to say, the person will know who typed nonsense between we both, who has a 'dirty mouth' and who is the fool.

Grow up, attack issues not personalities.

I'm not the one that asked you to suffer inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
You've always sounded like a fool,I'm begining to realize how you were bore:through the "asshole"!
Phame:
Let them go. But if they insult us in the course of their agitation, then expect us to roll the tanks.
I want igbo to go. Buhari, do that already.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
You've always sounded like a fool,I'm begining to realize how you were born:through the "asshole"!
Phame:
Let them go. But if they insult us in the course of their agitation, then expect us to roll the tanks.
I want igbo to go. Buhari, do that already.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by cirmuell(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
mtcheeew
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Phame: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
mykel231:
You've always sounded like a fool,I'm begining to realize how you were bore:through the "asshole"!
gerrout or you face our tanks.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Sorry I don't urge with traders in osha main market.

Even my great grand fathers knows that there are igbo and there are Ndigbo

Dozzysamuel:
...poo is already coming out from ur throat in form the trash u are vomiting.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
iambabaG:
What is wrong with all dis "Biafra aggitators".. What do dey know about running a country because 2 d best of my knowledge dey r yet 2 produce any leader of note. Wen dey eventually get wot dey ask which I am in support because dey av little effect in d country; how long will dey stay as one since they r insincere nd jealous of themselves.
Dey shuld call a round table discussion nd thrash some internal issues out before all dis display of stupidity!!
Bdw.. Dis article is very lengthy nd pointless!!

What did 9jeria know about running a country prior to independence and even now
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Blizzy9ja: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Okay, whatever.

I'm not igbo.
I don't need to be one.
But I know BIAFRA has come to stay. The actualisation of Biafra is a fait accompli.

Again, we MUST have any of these in Nigeria in the very near future:

True Federalism;
Regionalism; or
Cessation.

Those from regions they think and know do NOT bring anything to the (Nigerian) 'Table' should not bother quoting me.

The above mentioned recesses are the only ways we can live in peace: end insurgency, militancy, and protests, here and there.

This marriage of convenience, strange-bed-felowships and love-lost has to either end or be redefined.
Words!!! Those parts caught my attention. The truth keeps staring us in the face

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
You really don't sound intelligent!Producing a president isn't in consonant with their aggitation.They feel oppressed and needs to pull out from the union and that's no criminal offence.The Yorubas and Hausas see them as 5th class citizens and still want them to live together;It's really wrong.The state of development in the eastern states is so deplorable.One Nigerian is simply a marriage bourn out of greed.Think before you talk,It'll make you a better man.quote author=iambabaG post=39794979]What is wrong with all dis "Biafra aggitators".. What do dey know about running a country because 2 d best of my knowledge dey r yet 2 produce any leader of note. Wen dey eventually get wot dey ask which I am in support because dey av little effect in d country; how long will dey stay as one since they r insincere nd jealous of themselves.
Dey shuld call a round table discussion nd thrash some internal issues out before all dis display of stupidity!!
Bdw.. Dis article is very lengthy nd pointless!![/quote]
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
I think the venue of the war should be your father's uncompleted mud house.Capital fool!
Adminisher:

Biafra is not going to happen. There are two ways to it

Peaceful way : At least ten years of discussions, meetings, mapping borders, referendum with heavy politiking, UN guarantees for minorities within Biafra itself -yes Ibos will oppress minorities heavily. Don't forget there is a caste system and there are many types of Ibos.Anyway the cost of this jamboree of ten years is at least N300bn.
Violent way : At least twenty years of war and suffering. This will start from protesting mobs getting out of control and and provoking strong acction from the military. The war will last longer than the Syrian war and Libyan war. The venue of the war will be Biafra itself.

The main advice for young men of the east is they have to develop a sense of reality.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by godwin120alex: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Well said if PMB likes let him listen
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
Igbo do not really strike me as a people who want a country of their own; they like 'developing' other people's lands. I honestly see this biafra as a tool in the hands of some unscrupulous elements to blackmail Nigeria. If a referendum is conducted among Igbo today to choose between Nigeria and Biafra, an overwhelming majority will vote 'yes' for Nigeria. So many factors do not support or favour Biafra. If biafra is truly popular among Igbo,what are the Igbo people still doing in other parts of the country? This shows that biafra is a huge joke! You desire a country of your own yet,your representatives in the two houses are not courageous enough to move a motion for secession. On a daily basis, hundreds of igbo are leaving homeland for other parts of the country,yet you are shouting biafra. If biafra is restricted to the present five south eastern states, then it should give every right thinking Igbo a concern- a land lock country is truly never independent! If South east is excised from Nigeria today,does anyone think those igbo living in other parts of the country will start jubilating ? Igbo are highly emotional people who lack the capacity to think clearly and deeply- the hallmark of Yoruba people. Kanu is now in jail,what next?

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
CSTR2:
There was a thread on the 2014 confab and why the north rejected it, but the thread was scanty as hell. An issue that strikes at the heart of the Nigerian problem.
Look at how full this thread is, with different kinds of nitwits trying to give various bigoted opinions.
There is something wrong with the black man.
Dis is why i hate d country.they love discussing about problems bt wen its time 2 profer solution evione runs away.cursed blacks!
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by humilitypays(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onyocha:
[b]how can five landlocked state form a country? the main agitators for Biafra are not after "emancipating" the Igbos from Nigeria but are after enslaving the minorities of the Niger Delta. The agitators for Biafra know that their dream will not be possible or sustainable with five landlocked states. they need an access to seaport and the resources of the Niger Delta to form a sustainable country. In other words, the Igbos for Biafra dream of replicating another Nigeria or a smaller version (without the north and south west) where the Igbos will dominate. and even if that goes on to happen, what guarantees are there that this state will remain united and further divisions will not happen? The ijaws and other minorities in the Niger Delta will surely kick against Igbo domination and will want their independence too. then, where will you place Edo, akwa ibom and Cross River? we are talking here of an unsustainable Biafra dividing into another four countries at least. in that case, and after the minorities who will be more in number than the Igbos overwhelm the igbos, it will be igbos themselves who will again agitate for Nigeria to return!!! a biafra will be a recipe for confusion, further divisions, bloodshed and a burden for west africa and the world. no body wants to welcome refugees, especially from a heavily populated country. therefore no one wants to touch the Pandora box.

in the north, there is also question of minorities. there is a christian minority. will they want to live outside a unified Nigeria? can biafra give them solutions? or will further division take place? talking about referendum, that is not feasible in Nigeria at all. Igbos are scattered all over the country with investments and businesses across the country. will only Igbos take part in a referendum? and what of those igbos outside the five landlocked and impoverished states? the Igbos are the most scattered ethnic group in Nigeria, yet some idle people want separation. if you truly want separation, the first thing to do is to develop your five states. do not place any eye on the South South or the oil of the Niger Delta. even if your dream come to happen, that unity with the South South will not last. after you develop your state, then ask your brothers scattered all over the country to return. they will not. why? because five landlocked states cannot sustain themselves. if your five states are an economic model and paradise on earth, it will be the other way round. people from all around Nigeria and even the world will be rushing to your states; not Igbos rushing to other states. Dubai is still part of the UAE yet it attracts investments from the world over. how many multinational companies and foreign ovestors are found in the south east?

if those neo-Biafran agitators are sincere about their call for independence, then it is very sorry for them. this is a call without foresight. and if they are not sincere, and they are simply doing it because a northerner they dont like is the president of the country, then they are going about the wrong way. you had your chance to vote and you voted in the wrong direction-ethnicity and religion. Nigeria voted to move away from ethnicity and religious barriers. what are you therefore complaining about? if you want the attention of the president, you dont ask for it using threat of division and war. the catastrophic results of war will be unbearable even for the agitators.

the solution, and that is the bitter pill Igbos have to swallow, is for, at least, there to be political unity with the north. if the yorubas can do it, then why cant the igbos? get over bitterness and division and threats. there should be diversity in opinions and choices in the south east. do not place your eggs in one political party or in the basket of ethnicism and religionism and regionalism. even europe that was divided into small nation states has united to form a powerful european union. there is power in unity. today Nigeria is a strong country and seen as such. who will consider biafra or give it relevance that Nigeria enjoys today? and to become independent, you need international support. it is not enough for you to clamor for independence. you need the UN; and the UN has powerful countries which must agree you deserve independence and they are ready to work with you if you become independent. as much as foreign interference in any country's affairs is repugnant, if other countries dont fly your flag in their capital, your passport will not be recognized.[/b]
I am so sorry to call you a fool and you know why?

1. You are filled with hatred and bitterness, and if you don't take time, you will die by sword or gun shot!

2. Igbos aren't interested in seceding with Niger Delta...GET THAT INTO YOU SKULL! If Niger Delta wants to join Biafra, there will be a constitutional agreement to form a United Region of Biafra comprising- Igbos and Niger Deltas....so each region can control their resources and return a certain percentage to the central government to keep national security, and foreign affairs.

3. Biafra isn't going to base on crude oil or natural resources....Biafra will be built on human development..talent-driven......technological innovations....trade.....craft and not like the Middle East countries run by natural resources.

Igbos want Biafra to give them unity...to give them the opportunity to unite as one and pursue their common goal- technological development to match up nations like China.....Yorubas and Hausas are a drawback to our Igbo dream.

Igbos believe more in self-development and not in government....

Biafra will liberate black nations from technology backwardness...Biafra will develop sellable technologies that will be exported to other African nations...that's our dream not crude oil resources!

Biafra agitators have witnessed the nonsense called Nigeria and are so enlightened not to make same mistake.....so if Niger Delta agrees willingly to go with Biafra, they are more of our brothers than the North or Southwest...we share similar language, culture, religion and can live happily together than with the north or hateful southwest.

NOTE: Igbo people can succeed anywhere in the world...they are so blessed....courtesy of the Jewish blood running in them. if it were Yoruba or Hausa that faced the civil war and lost like Biafra, I can bet you they will forever remain impoverish till the end of time....you can imagine after 48yrs of civil war in which Igbos were striken off their money, properties and handed 10shillings by the FG, Igbos still bounced back and now more developed than every other part of Nigeria...go check MDGs report if you are doubt...doesn't that speak volume?

Check all the so-called rich people from north and southwest, all have a connection to past military leaders...which means that their wealth came from government...but check rich people from Igbo land...they are all self-made

Whether you like it or not.....Nigeria will sure disintegrate one day if those in government refuse to address the pressing issues causing Igbos and Niger Delta to agitate for secession.

And don't think this is 1968....if another civil war occurs again, it won't be funny....watch Syria.....many nations are waiting to sponsor civil wars to reap from the ashes....so don't think the war this time will be fought in Igbo land alone...remember, there are now long-range missiles....there are bomber jets...and countries like Russia...China....India and more are ready to sell weapons to whoever that's ready to buy and remember, the crude oil is located in the Southeast and Southsouth region (mostly), so it will be easy for foreign nations to offer Biafra arms for crude oil swap deal.

So if you are Yoruba...expect bombs landing on your homeland....if you are Hausa, expect it too....the war will be so bloody it will leave Nigeria in ashes....so the best option for all Nigerians now is not to curse and abuse Igbos but to talk to federal government to do things that will calm the situation and cause Igbos to forget Biafra agitation for now.

Take a look at ordinary Boko Haram insurgence.....which our military cannot defeat for over 7 years now....now compare it to a full-blown civil war in 2015? Nowhere will be safe.....Lagos will be a major attack target.....foreign mercenaries will come in.....international militant and terrorist groups searching desperately for opportunities to destroy Nigeria will come in....other African nations envying Nigeria will also step in secretly to support one side.

So stop spreading hatred...stop being foolish and think straight. Sometimes before you type or talk, put yourself in the shoe of Igbos....if you were the one, what will you do? Don't bring generational curse on yourself and generation, be very careful!!!

I hate to reply to people this way, but your comment can cause war and violence, be very careful with how you handle issues like this. BE WARNED!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Your view about life is very myopic!Your thought is filled with perverted reasoning.I'm Igbo and I'm an engineer,richer than you,your father and your generation combined together.If I loose all I have today,my IQ could still make me regain them because that's the spirit of an Igbo man.You see people fighting for their freedom,all you could say is to take over their businesses.Woe unto you,your ancestors and your entire generation for making you inherit such a lazy gene.You're cursed!
kboycrew:
If Jonathan won the elections will they be agitating they want to go?
Useless tribalists. Let them go... can't wait to take over their businesses when they leave.
It is unfortunate this race of people fail to realise they are just traders who need to buy &sell to survive. They have no oil, no land, no resource etc. Yet if all the Igbos should go back home, where is the land that will contain them.
They have just taken themselves back to civil war era wher everyone looked at them with suspicion.
I weep 4 them.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by theimmortals(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Orikinla:
All those clamouring for Biafra are frustrated idiots. And I mean every word in my statement. I have addressed the most educated of their leaders, who is in the US. And he has seen that majority of those making the loudest noise on Biafra are not making sense. They are Igbos who are driven by frustration and desperation since they have failed to excel and succeed in the highly competitive Nigerian society and they think having their own region as an independent nation is the solution to their frustration. I was a refugee child during the Biafran war, my mother lost three children, elder brother, in-laws and relations among the millions of civilians who lost their lives in the worst civil war in Africa and will never pray for another civil war anywhere in Africa. All tribal bigots are idiots. I am totally committed to One Nigeria and the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa. What people are discussing in America is "THE VICTORY OF MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND THE NIGERIAN DREAM" and not the stu-pidity of tribal bigot of Biafra. We should all support President Muhammadu Buhari, the luckiest President of Nigeria since 1960 to date. I just sent him a text message minutes ago to thank him for speaking to every member of our Golden Eaglets to motivate them to win the FIFA Under-17 World Cup for the 5th time. Nigeria won it for the first time in 1985, when President Buhari was the military Head of State of Nigeria. Speaking to the Golden Eaglets who are in fact made up of more Igbos than other tribes shows how representing our Nigeria as patriotic Nigerians is the spirit of the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa. See Nigerians Report Online: President Muhammadu Buhari is the Luckiest Nigerian Political Leader Since Independence, http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2015/06/president-muhammadu-buhari-is-luckiest.html,
fool, you must be high. What concern the subject matter with football? You think that mere mention of people in US.....whatever we will start flying abi? I don't blame you, I blame technology else you would not have the opportunity to post this garbage you just posted. Mind your self.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
You reek of very low mentality.That means all Nigerians living in foreign countries should pack and leave.Fool!
Oduduwaboy:
Well i want Biafra to go. Let them go into their neverland country . But as of now , the constituent parts of the so-called Biafra are not yet defined ! But that is not my business . All Igbos must be ready to leave the South-west and the North once the agreements are signed in Geneva .
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by humilitypays(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:
Igbo do not really strike me as a people who want a country of their own; they like 'developing' other people's lands. I honestly see this biafra as a tool in the hands of some unscrupulous elements to blackmail Nigeria. If a referendum is conducted among Igbo today to choose between Nigeria and Biafra, an overwhelming majority will vote 'yes' for Nigeria. So many factors do not support or favour Biafra. If biafra is truly popular among Igbo,what are the Igbo people still doing in other parts of the country? This shows that biafra is a huge joke! You desire a country of your own yet,your representatives in the two houses are not courageous enough to move a motion for secession. On a daily basis, hundreds of igbo are leaving homeland for other parts of the country,yet you are shouting biafra. If biafra is restricted to the present five south eastern states, then it should give every right thinking Igbo a concern- a land lock country is truly never independent! If South east is excised from Nigeria today,does anyone think those igbo living in other parts of the country will start jubilating ? Igbo are highly emotional people who lack the capacity to think clearly and deeply- the hallmark of Yoruba people. Kanu is now in jail,what next?
Because they develop wherever they live or go doesn't make them unserious about their Biafran agitation!

Jewish people are the leaders in most European and American developmental projects...Zionists developed most American and European nations....that doesn't mean they aren't serious about Israel......it is in Igbo people blood to build and develop wherever they are or live....they are agents of development due to their God-given talent....and you can imagine how Igbo land or Biafra would be if achieved.....it will be so technologically developed.

As for your info...Igbos started engaging in crime after the civil war in which the Nigerian federal government made life so difficult for Igbos by seizing all the money Igbos had in Nigerian banks and giving them just 10shillings......isn't that pure wickedness

Igbos were also sacked and compulsorily retired from all Nigerian government bodies...making life so difficult for Igbos they had to look elsewhere for survival...hence, their struggle to travel abroad...migrate....and involvement in anything that could fetch them money to sustain their life and that of their family members.

If Igbos get Biafra....you will see Igbo people living abroad return to join in developing Biafra to compete with countries like- China....etc....we have so much dream for Biafra that if achieved, the world will marvel at Biafran progress....because corruption will not be tolerated....it will be a death sentence....zero tolerance to corruption in government and leadership!

3 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
You sound like a very foolish man who is high on drugs
Orikinla:
All those clamouring for Biafra are frustrated idiots. And I mean every word in my statement. I have addressed the most educated of their leaders, who is in the US. And he has seen that majority of those making the loudest noise on Biafra are not making sense. They are Igbos who are driven by frustration and desperation since they have failed to excel and succeed in the highly competitive Nigerian society and they think having their own region as an independent nation is the solution to their frustration. I was a refugee child during the Biafran war, my mother lost three children, elder brother, in-laws and relations among the millions of civilians who lost their lives in the worst civil war in Africa and will never pray for another civil war anywhere in Africa. All tribal bigots are idiots. I am totally committed to One Nigeria and the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa. What people are discussing in America is "THE VICTORY OF MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND THE NIGERIAN DREAM" and not the stu-pidity of tribal bigot of Biafra. We should all support President Muhammadu Buhari, the luckiest President of Nigeria since 1960 to date. I just sent him a text message minutes ago to thank him for speaking to every member of our Golden Eaglets to motivate them to win the FIFA Under-17 World Cup for the 5th time. Nigeria won it for the first time in 1985, when President Buhari was the military Head of State of Nigeria. Speaking to the Golden Eaglets who are in fact made up of more Igbos than other tribes shows how representing our Nigeria as patriotic Nigerians is the spirit of the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa. See Nigerians Report Online: President Muhammadu Buhari is the Luckiest Nigerian Political Leader Since Independence, http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2015/06/president-muhammadu-buhari-is-luckiest.html,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by humilitypays(m): 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Spybradd:

there you go again with your devil advocacy,why does south sudan only comes to your mind,what about countries like czech and slovakia,india and pakistan,aint africans migeating still to countries like croatia? Again,i repeat: the biafrans and niger deltans are civilised and educated people,people who have experienced and learnt,abeit the hard way,from the bitter nigeria experience,the art and what it takes to exist mutually..more or less correlation..they kniw and wont wanna make the mistakes and bad horrible example set by nigeria..
Besides,its better that one goes thru the dredges now and be fine tommorow in freedom than put up with with same dredges from supposedly fellow country men in bondage..
And seriously speaking,you are of the habit of making mention of and citing the south sudan example,has it occured to you that THE SUDANESSE AND SOUTH SUDANESSE POUND IS WAY MORE VALUABLE AND HIGHER THAN YOUR NIGERIAN NAIRA?! OFFICIALLY,$100 GOES FOR 316 SOUTH SUDAN POUNDS..DO YOUR MATHS AND YOU GET $1=3.16SSP!!!

EVEN IN THE BLACK MARKET,$100 GOES FOR 900SSP...
WHILE IN MAIN SUDAN $0.16=1 SP..

THE LAST TIME I EXCHANGED $100 AT KINGSWAY,APAPA,,THE MALLAMS GAVE ME #21,000..

I BET THATS SOMETHING YOU,AS A NIGERIAN,AFRICA'S LARGEST ECONOMY AND 2ND HIGHEST OIL PRODUCER,IS "PROUD" OF!!!

#AM NOTHING IGBO OR BIAFRAN,AM FULL FLEDGED BENIN BOY,I ONLY SHARE THEIR IDEOLOGY.
Don't mind them bro.....they keep reminding Igbos of the problems ahead of them should they get Biafra...what's their business with that?

Like you rightfully said, the Igbos and Niger Deltans have witnessed a lot of evil in the so-called Nigeria that they will never allow to happen if they get Biafra.

One thing is this: Igbos share similar culture, tradition, religion and language with Niger Delta......unlike with Hausa and Yoruba.

Hausa and Yoruba are a good match....their religion is almost the same......Igbo people are homogeneously Christians.....Niger Deltans are mostly Christians with very little and insignificant number of Muslims, which makes it easy for us to blend.

The thinking of a Muslim and a Christian in national issues don't go together because a Muslim would want to dominate.....and rule over the Christians and the Christians will try to do same...which is part of the problems we have in Nigeria.

A country supposed to have one official national religion and God.....and a common language that at least 70% of her citizen should understand....which are not obtainable in Nigeria but possible in Biafra.

Northerners should be proud to form their Arewa country where they can implement Shari law and rule themselves peacefully without anyone interfering......same way, Yorubas should be proud to form their own Oduduwa country and enjoy their peace.

All Nigerians should support Biafra to secede in peace without war because if Nigeria witnesses another war....the whole Nigeria will be left in ashes.....take a look at Northeastern Nigeria battling ordinary Boko Haram militants fighting hide-and-seek attack....imagine a fully established civil war....it won't be like 1968 guys!

Let's avoid another civil war now by encouraging those in government to do the right things to calm these Biafran agitators ASAP!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by SailorXY: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
C
adanny01:

One reason i really want Biafra is the fact that it may be worst than South Sudan. I supported south Sudan for their independance but got the shocker when they turned on themselves.

With Igbo the majority in Biafra, it spells doom which the average Niger Delta isnt aware due to hate of the Hausa. I think an Igbo man is more of a threat to a Niger Deltan than a Hausa man. The Niger Deltan will most likely see more of "his resource" in the hands of Igbo and will likely kick against it once again and the whole circle repeats but this time there is no going back for the Niger Deltan. Hausa man is the majority in Nigeria and Igbo is majority in Biafra. One way or the other the Niger Deltan will not be satisfied and its the same problem in Nigeria or Biafra.

It is always true that you dont know what you have until you lose it. The Niger Deltan who thinks he lost in Nigeria will certainly lose more in Biafra and the war continues.Biafra isnt about the South South but the South East. Those South South who have decide to join the South East are taking their region for a big ride that will spell doom.
Quiet yourself young man. Who said the Hausa is majority in Nigeria? Tell that to people who don't move around & romance your animal-padded population statistics!

For the records, there's no iota of relationship between any tribe in the North & the Delta undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
I'm Igbo and I believe in Biafra not because I hate Nigeria,but because Nigeria is not treating her citizens right.If you've ever left the shores of this country,you'll understand what development means.I share your reasoning,but the marginalization of the Igbos is so frustrating.
Setaje:
Was this not the same thing I wrote earlier in the week that some biafran idiots were quoting me. Who in this country has had it good on the bases of tribe. Every region had opportunity to get it right when their leaders were there. Yet they did nothing. Who were the people that put those leaders there? Did the leaders drop from the sky or were voted in? I still stand on my word. Even if we disintegrate or do regionalism. If we do not fight the right battle. Nigeria and indeed africa will continue to be impoverished.

See the way the biafrans came out to demonstrate. Isn't it foolish that they could not do the same for their useless leaders in power. Tsheeeeeeeew

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral / Tinubu Family Takes Possession Of Land With 50 Houses In Surulere Lagos / Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.