Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,366 members, 7,853,636 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:37 PM

Quality Sells More Than nudíty - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quality Sells More Than nudíty (1283 Views)

Man Sells Erection & Ejaculation Herbs After Preaching In A Bus, Lady Shocked / Oyinbo Man Sells Ice Cream To His Nigerian Bae In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Sex And The City! South African Lady Sells Her Body For Dollars (leaked Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
It's not an uncommon thing that people use nudé contents to sell their brands in this 21st century. Even our very own musicians fill their songs with lewd lyrics and their music videos with nudé content all because they want to sell!

The story is not different in the West as nudíty has become a way of life over there for the same sole reason of promoting their name/brand. The fact that it's working for some doesn't make it right.

It's very possible for you to make it big in the entertainment industry without those stuffs. I use Adele's recent single as a case study. This lady rolled out a song few days back and it broke a world of oveerr 220 million YouTube views in less than a week. The interesting thing here is that the video has no nudé visuals, no lewd lyrics, yet it set a world record in just a few days.

We also have the likes of Linda Ikeji, Omotola and others who have made a mark in their game without the their nudés on the internet.
Sex sells (for a few) but quality sells better (for anyone)

Adele is the new sexy! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A

3 Likes

Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Deejavuu(f): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
You have a point op, but thing is, that has always been Adele's style. What works for A might not work for B. Nicky Minaj released Ananconda video and it was a big deal then too...

Back to Nigeria, hate it or not that what sells mostly here. The likes of Timi Dakolo sings good music and have good videos with no Nudity, but they're not as popular as the Olamides and Davidos that use half naked ladies for videos. Most Nigerians especially like those Davido or Wizkid kinda video even though they will wanna pretend bout it.

I believe people should do whatever sells thier brand. It worked for Adele doesn't necessarily mean it will work for others.i know people who thinks Adele is boring, but can empty thier bank account for Nicki minaj. So........

Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Sex sells
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Cutehector(m): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
I am still waitin for d first lady to walk out on d streets stack unclad... No pants, bra, nothing!

1 Like

Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by sinaj(f): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
M xo hot!

It has bin scorching all day

*removes clothe, pant, bra nd dive into d pool*

Will read nd comment later wink
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
sinaj:
M xo hot!

It has bin scorching all day

*removes clothe, pant, bra nd dive into d pool*

Will read nd comment later wink

Can you come to my house like that?
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Deejavuu:
You have a point op, but thing is, that has always been Adele's style. What works for A might not work for B. Nicky Minaj released Ananconda video and it was a big deal then too...

Back to Nigeria, hate it or not that what sells mostly here. The likes of Timi Dakolo sings good music and have good videos with no Nudity, but they're not as popular as the Olamides and Davidos that use half naked ladies for videos. Most Nigerians especially like those Davido or Wizkid kinda video even though they will wanna pretend bout it.

I believe people should do whatever sells thier brand. It worked for Adele doesn't necessarily mean it will work for others.i know people who thinks Adele is boring, but can empty thier bank account for Nicki minaj. So........

You have a point though but remember some things I put down in the original post. The purpose of this thread is to let many know that you can make a mark without those things. In fact, a long lasting mark doesn't come with such. It only comes with quality and quality output should be encouraged. Yes! Anaconda was a hit but did it set a world record?

Timi might be so big yet but you'd agree with me that he has been able to carve a household name for himself. In all ramifications, you can't say he's doing bad financially and otherwise. All he needs is to put in more effort and his fame will spread abroad. There are many artists out there too with lewd lyrics and nudé visuals but still aren't so big. I believe if the likes of wizkid and Davido put in more effort for quality output, they'll fly!

I still maintain my stance; quality sells more
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Strahovski:
Sex sells
Not for everyone. Do you know how many street and cooperate runs girls are out there? How many of them can boast of a duplex? On the other hand, quality sells for everyone.
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Adasun(m): 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Cutehector:
I am still waitin for d first lady to walk out on d streets stack unclad... No pants, bra, nothing!
then wait for A.C (after Christ)grin
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Deejavuu(f): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
iAmCharis:
You have a point though but remember some things I put down in the original post. The purpose of this thread is to let many know that you can make a mark without those things. In fact, a long lasting mark doesn't come with such. It only comes with quality and quality output should be encouraged. Yes! Anaconda was a hit but did it set a world record?

Timi might be so big yet but you'd agree with me that he has been able to carve a household name for himself. In all ramifications, you can't say he's doing bad financially and otherwise. All he needs is to put in more effort and his fame will spread abroad. There are many artists out there too with lewd lyrics and nudé visuals but still aren't so big. I believe if the likes of wizkid and Davido put in more effort for quality output, they'll fly!

I still maintain my stance; quality sells more

I'm not trying to promote nudity. But what I'm trying to say is that, that's what sells most in our society today. (Nigeria especially )Sadly!

What kind of effort has Timi not put into music, we just celebrate mediocrity here that's all.

For the bolded, the both sells tongue
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
Deejavuu:

I'm not trying to promote nudity. But what I'm trying to say is that, that's what sells most in our society today. (Nigeria especially )Sadly!

What kind of effort has Timi not put into music, we just celebrate mediocrity here that's all.

For the bolded, the both sells tongue
One obviously sells better and that's the one that recently set a world record. tongue
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
iAmCharis:
Not for everyone. Do you know how many street and cooperate runs girls are out there? How many of them can boast of a duplex? On the other hand, quality sells for everyone.

I know a cooperate runs girl she has a duplex and two cars. In fact, she has a company nw still in the runs
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Strahovski:

I know a cooperate runs girl she has a duplex and two cars. In fact, she has a company nw still in the runs
How many do you know? Compare it with the number of them out there.
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
The question is, will people eventually get jaded from this nudity everywhere?
The answer is when this thread makes more than 15 pages still on the topic.
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
blublahd:
The question is, will people eventually get jaded from this nudity everywhere?
The answer is when this thread makes more than 15 pages still on the topic.
Lalasticlala has the power to make that happen. grin
Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
iAmCharis:
How many do you know? Compare it with the number of them out there.

True sha

1 Like

Re: Quality Sells More Than nudíty by Oahray: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2015
Hmmm... Well, for every Adele, there's a Nicki Minaj, a Beyonce, a Rihanna, a Lady Gaga, a Britney Spears, an Iggy Azalea... *continues reading from long list*

Gangnam Style topping the youtube views chart also means it is top quality. No?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Schedule Sex Dates With Your Partner. / Thread For Reconciliation Between Igbos And Yurobas. / Is It By Force To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.