Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers (43093 Views)

Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) / Is There A Professional Way Of Saying "NO" ? / Why 85% Of Job Seekers Don't Get Job Interview Invitation/FREE CV Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by macaranta(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
If you pay bananas ,they work monkeys.
paying people excessively below their pay grade helps save cost in the short term,but on the long term the business suffers.Low workplace morale,zero motivation for creativity,corporate espionage,Employees always looking out for the slightest opportunity to leave ,etc are just a few pointers .

8 Likes

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by adorable29(f): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Eg, Globacom.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
This trend isn't in Nigeria alone, even developed countries have a feel of it.

Where I am, I work with a federal government establishment as a full staff but I started as a contract staff 2yrs ago.

Sometimes some establishments do this to check the level of workers' commitment though I know quite well that majority of those in Nigeria are exploiters.undecided
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Mekyno(m): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ephemmm:
In-sourcing/outsourcing has been a cankerworm eating graduate deeper in the labour market today. The bank is the worst: starting from Transaction Officers to people like Secretaries, Customer Service Officers, Tellers, Security men etc

No bonus, no promotion, no regular leave, no gratuity, no training and re-trainings, no job security, no job professional development etc These are the essence of outsourcing in Nigeria unlike their counterparts whereby it is based on professionalism.

The worst part of it is that this has also commenced in multi-national companies with huge organizational reputation too: what a country we have!
where is president buhari (bubu) when u need him must. Baba Must Hear this!
Pls can sm1 among us pass dis info to him, for urgent action to be taken?...that Hell.
No need to call Nigeria labour union because i tink dey exist in ghost form.

1 Like

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by timilehing(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Government of Nigeria does far worse than these
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Xcex: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Dis is wat d rubish country has turnd 2 dats d more reason we want a division, so we make beta laws. Dis is wat u get wen u have abokIs n mofos ovaseeing a contraptn(nigeria)
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by kunlegboye(m): 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
my sincere question is for how long are we going to keep silent on this as if we are comfortable with it?...we are always silent on everything and endure!...May God deliver us in this country!!
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Mekyno(m): 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
VickyRotex:
Oga ooo.

It's well embarassed

And you go feel sey you don talk something now o. angry

Chelsea will rise again embarassed
for sure they will, lyk every dead man; on the judgement, when Jesus will come 4 the 2nd tym....#smiles.
On a Serious note, i bliv they will start their come bak in december. Gudluk!
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by VickyRotex(f): 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mekyno:

for sure they will, lyk every dead man; on the judgement, when Jesus will come 4 the 2nd tym....#smiles.
On a Serious note, i bliv they will start their come bak in december. Gudluk!

angry angry angry

Amen! Thank you! embarassed
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Theflexlord: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
This is sad, But this will continue for a long time since it saves cost.You might decide to live a more fulfilling life with more time and money spend with loved ones.This book would help, See you at the top

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Meritocracy: 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Happening since 1914, pentagon like me on nairaland should know better. Lagos- the centre of outsoursing
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by kelvinovie(m): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
NNPC (government) is the biggest defaulter on this one.
No bonus, no promotion, no regular leave, no gratuity, no training and re-trainings, no job security, no job professional development etc

1 Like

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
hmmm...
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Meritocracy: 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Please don't stay long there because no mater how long you stay there no entitlement for you.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by nomoless: 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
As far as am concerned you have a choice, either you continue being unemployed or you accept the job and plan for the future.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Pebcak: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
this might sound strange but the end result and on the long run it will make a lot of sense. I know in US they have a lot of this so called "staffing agency" and they offer their own health insurance, 401k.....
it might be strange now but when they start stuff right you can easily switch job/better offer and ditch that company that does not count you worthy for a full time.
In my mind are we at that point yet maybe not but this is an organizational decision can labor do anything? No/Not really can the government do anything No/Not really.....
But if you get a job offer through staffing agency please accept it no sentiment when you write your resume you ll put MTN NG (staffing agent in small font) and you ll get that experience off their ass and at the right time ditch 'em
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by biznus: 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
pawoz:

If u don't ve anything to contribute, move to the next than this sending nothing
the news is saddening na
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Demmocrats:

There are millions looking for such opportunity

Half bread is better than Non

Learn to save little

As you manage a hundred so as you will manage a million

we always use small things to know big things

when you have saved a enough establish a small business, no matter how small.

Google, facebook, microsoft, apple etc all started small.

please learn to manage the little God gave to you because thousands don't even have idea on how to provide school fees talk-less of a Job.

Be wise!!!!
one of the worst statements av heard in my life is " half bread is better than none" and funny enuf its commonly used by we nigerians and I dnt blame them. Bt 4 me, Its either I get it full or I get nothing....then kip balling

1 Like

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 11, 2015
Ephemmm:
In-sourcing/outsourcing has been a cankerworm eating graduate deeper in the labour market today. The bank is the worst: starting from Transaction Officers to people like Secretaries, Customer Service Officers, Tellers, Security men etc

No bonus, no promotion, no regular leave, no gratuity, no training and re-trainings, no job security, no job professional development etc These are the essence of outsourcing in Nigeria unlike their counterparts whereby it is based on professionalism.

The worst part of it is that this has also commenced in multi-national companies with huge organizational reputation too: what a country we have!
It's not just in Nigeria. It is the same all over the world. Nigerian companies are just waking up and catching up with the rest of the world. Have you not heard of American companies outsourcing some section of their business to companies in India
All companies are looking for ways to maximize profit.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by lastpage: 2:13am On Nov 11, 2015
adollyboy:
I fall into that category of staffs.It is a very sad situation. My appointment was renewed recently after one year working with the Mortgage bank;after reading the content of the letter I almost shed tears.It is so pathetic. l hope one day the relevant authorities will do something.

We have a Minister of labour and Productivity in Nigeria.

This method is just a SCAM to cheat the Employee.
Form my experience, l know that the "Agency Company"a s they are called, is usually owned indirectly the the CEO/Owner or a very closely connected Top staff of the original compnay or their family members.

*What they do is that the original company pays the Agency the full salary of the employee.
*The Agency cuts about half of that off and keeps it for itself (Back to sender)
On paper, you think you are working for the original company
You cant unionise or associate in anyway
*In reality, you get nothing of benefit, from working for the original company (including Leave Allowance, Profit sharing, Retirement benefits, promotions, e.t.c.)
* All your entitlements are stolen by this "middle-man" Agency who does nothing but feeds fat on the sweat of others.

I think the Government of President Buhari and the new Minister for Labour, including the NLC should make strict regulations regarding this practice with very very stiff penalties for those who abuse it.
We cant continue to abuse our Youths this way! Its Robbery, in daylight!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by dantori(m): 2:19am On Nov 11, 2015
Adesiji77:
This is not new though...

http://nairametrics.com/nigerian-companies-have-found-a-new-way-of-hiring-desperate-job-seekers/#more-72696 lalasticlala

ISON BPO LTD IS AN EXAMPLE AND PERHAPS THE ONE REFFERED TO MANAGED BY INDIANS

2 Likes

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by tonytony208(m): 2:31am On Nov 11, 2015
adollyboy:
I fall into that category of staffs.It is a very sad situation. My appointment was renewed recently after one year working with the Mortgage bank;after reading the content of the letter I almost shed tears.It is so pathetic. l hope one day the relevant authorities will do something.

Or I hope one day, you will take your destiny into your own hands and take the bull by the horn and get self employed.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by DeRay98(m): 4:16am On Nov 11, 2015
adollyboy:

Who are the relevant authorities? Until you take your case to them, nobody will do anything its you who must take your destiny in your hands...
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Mackson01: 5:37am On Nov 11, 2015
Stop lamenting. Don't expect it to get better. Business are created for profits not for you. Become an Entrepreneur.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by hustla(m): 5:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Demmocrats:

There are millions looking for such opportunity

Half bread is better than Non

Learn to save little

As you manage a hundred so as you will manage a million

we always use small things to know big things

when you have saved a enough establish a small business, no matter how small.

Google, facebook, microsoft, apple etc all started small.

please learn to manage the little God gave to you because thousands don't even have idea on how to provide school fees talk-less of a Job.

Be wise!!!!

My Dear Friends,

The above is what we have as our problem in Nigeria - The God factor and accepting less when we should have more

Till we learn to stand up and demand more from every area of our society without calling on God ,while putting aside our religious and ethnic differences, we will never improve - How do you explain a graduate with Masters earning 80k per month, when someone with a BSc outside of this shores can earn as much as $4,000 and can save as much as $1000 or more with a better standard of living of course? because he has God or because their leaders chose to have sense?

The oyinbo man wil never call on God to assist him when just common sense is required, and to think they brought the concept of God to Africa (at least to my own knowledge of the Christian God)

Politician loot, we go say God go catch am, NEPA dey do anyhow, we say God go help us enter them - LOL

Nigeria has a long way to go and that is sad, our mentality is still in the 1800s

I hope Buhari can at least better Nigeria by 10 or 20%

That being said, I am a Christian,and I believe in God but sometimes and often times, just simple common sense is needed for Nigeria's woes

4 Likes

Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Iranoladun(f): 6:23am On Nov 11, 2015
God bless you Hustla for your post
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by Alal(m): 6:35am On Nov 11, 2015
This is the stupid idea of Indian working with them, I once worked with Olam Nigeria limited but it was Outspan that gave letter of appointments, Promotion, etc. And our stupid senators and members of Representatives are busy fighting for juicy positions. Seriously they don't have plan for us but their kids. See its spreading. Can the president see everything, is he God??
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by ikukuhero: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2015
Adesiji77:
This is not new though...

http://nairametrics.com/nigerian-companies-have-found-a-new-way-of-hiring-desperate-job-seekers/#more-72696 lalasticlala

I did one of these kind of jobs. We all got to work in the morning as usual, carried on with our work, but, by 2pm of same day, we were ALL told that our jobs had ended. Contract ended! That was my second experience of such and of course, it was with one of the leading telecoms companies.
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by urchbarbie(f): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2015
sure this is one grave problem for the youths/employed/unemployed/undergraduates/schoolevers etc. People wld rather prefer going to learn a trade/skill as the future doesnt look bright with the much hustled for certificates.
the govt needs to come in and do something else the future of unemployment wld be more bleak than it already is.
Why would firms prefer recruitment agencies?
Why would these agencies be on d rise?
why would graduate seek out these agencies?
These and many more should be answered by the govt and let them find lasting solutions else the Nation is headed for............
Re: In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers by olu4life(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2015
MTN and Airtel is being outsourced to an Indian firm. Who also outsourced to smaller firms. So imagine the sufferment undecided
Na God jjust save me from them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Welder Omoniye Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Cute Photos / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. / What I Achieved In 2020 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.