Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,635 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? (1772 Views)

After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich / What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Esthersblog(f): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
I was talking to someone a few days back, and she said meeting someone for the first time and getting married within 3 to 6 months is a short time, and such marriages do not last because they do not know themselves well enough, and also said courtship should be from 1 year to 3 years before marriage. I couldn’t agree more/less at the same time, because I think it depends on the people involved and the relationship they share. You can meet someone, and you know, it just clicks…

I know of a lady who got married five weeks after meeting her husband, and they have been happily married for four years, there are others who have been together for longer periods and the marriage didn’t last. From a few people asked, majority of them said between 6 to 12 months and if taking the relationship to the next level is not having a direction after 12 months, then questions should start popping up.

One thing I am sure of is, you really can’t know someone completely no matter how much time you spend together, you can only tell to a large extent about the person. As we grow older, we tend to see life differently and that is because we change throughout our lives; either in our perception about life based on experiences, our way of thinking, focus, direction, lifestyle, family, kids, money, and the likes of it.

I have been asked a few times, how long should one court before deciding to get married, my answer always is, I do not have a time frame, you would know when you are ready.

If time is one of the most important factors to know your partner completely before deciding when to get married. When do you think is the best time period to date/court?

Source: www.esther.ng

1 Like

Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by lanrehamd: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Negative....only God's Grace.

2 Likes

Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Favparis(f): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
Not at all

1 Like

Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by eyeon(m): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mba o... Best friends enjoy it all.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
yes and No.If two people are compatible , even if they date for 2 hours, it'll still work out.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Esthersblog(f): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Yeah, there seems to be no definite answer.
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
yes and No.If two people are compatible , even if they date for 2 hours, it'll still work out.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
Absolutely NO!
It is not how far, but how well.
Ever wondered why misunderstanding still comes up between couples who have been married for years? Fact is, humans are unpredictable and are also bound to make mistakes. Handling the issue with maturity and understanding is all that matters. Presently, a friend is married to the man she courted for just 3weeks. Meanwhile, same man was in a previous courtship of 10years which didn't end up as marriage. This only takes the Grace of God and the partners involved. Duration of courtship matters not.

4 Likes

Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:
Absolutely NO!
Ever wondered why misunderstanding still comes up between couples who have been married for years? Fact is, humans are unpredictable and are also bound to make mistakes. Handling the issue with maturity and understanding is all that matters. Presently, a friend is married to the man she courted for just 3weeks. Meanwhile, same man was in a previous courtship of 10years which didn't end up as marriage. This only takes the Grace of God and the partners involved. Duration of courtship matters not.
Try to lie with a little sense next time.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Try to lie with a little sense next time.
Try to think with lotta sense next time.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
It won't take me up to one week to court a lady before marryn her...
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:

Try to think with lotta sense next time.
At least we both agree, that was a fücking lie. sad
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
At least we both agree, that was a fücking lie. sad
Poor sense of reasoningsad
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:

Poor sense of reasoningsad
But seriously how will a Guy and a girl date for ten years?, You know its a different thing if they knew each other for ten years.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

But seriously how will a Guy and a girl date for ten years?, You know its a different thing if they knew each other for ten years.
It started from high school. Moreso, it's not the first kinda case I've seen.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:

It started from high school. Moreso, it's not the first kinda case I've seen.
Strange things do happen. sad
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Strange things do happen. sad
Affirmative. The husband couldn't get over the shock even after he got married. He had pictures of the ex in his safe. And one day, something happened which changed the whole story.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:

Affirmative. The husband couldn't get over the shock even after he got married. He had pictures of the ex in his safe. And one day, something happened which changed the whole story.
oya finish this story. sharp sharp.
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
oya finish this story. sharp sharp.
Amma starve you with it.
And you'd keep pleading for morecheesy
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:
Amma starve you with it. And you'd keep pleading for morecheesy
grin. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
grin. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
A second plea would docheesy
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:
A second plea would docheesy
Pleeeeeeeeease!! grin
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Pleeeeeeeeease!! grin
Now that's enoughsmiley

**Continuation***
That fateful day, the wife threatened to kill herself and her unborn baby. He couldn't stand the chance of loosing them both, and so he promised to get over the old memories. In taking the first step, he personally tore the ex's pictures to pieces and threw them in the thrash bin. And they lived happily ever after.

That's is the end of my storycheesy
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:

Now that's enoughsmiley

**Continuation***
That fateful day, the wife threatened to kill herself and her unborn baby. He couldn't stand the chance of loosing them both, and so he promised to get over the old memories. In taking the first step, he personally tore the ex's pictures to pieces and threw them in the thrash bin. And they lived happily ever after.

That's is the end of my storycheesy
ugh grin. boring story tongue
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Esthersblog(f): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Life could be interesting...
Mhizkel:
Absolutely NO!
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by mentorken05(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
I think it kinda depends on the individuals involved...u can understand someone in just a minute,also I can take years to understand someone at the other hand..
What makes a goat a goat is in the goat
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by danbrowndmf(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mhizkel:
Absolutely NO!
sister please 'Go and Marry'

please don't tell me you are waiting for me.sad
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
ugh grin. boring story tongue
Like you didn't enjoyed ittongue
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Mhizkel(f): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
danbrowndmf:
sister please 'Go and Marry'

please don't tell me you are waiting for me.sad
grin
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by danbrowndmf(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Esthersblog(f): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Yea. Lol @What makes a goat a goat is in the goat.
mentorken05:
I think it kinda depends on the individuals involved...u can understand someone in just a minute,also I can take years to understand someone at the other hand..
What makes a goat a goat is in the goat
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by harbeeordun31(f): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
Courting for years doesn't make marriage u can meet ur partner within 3-4months nd everything will work perfectly.... courting for years ko courting for months ni RUBBISH
Re: Does Courtship Duration Guarantee Successful Marriage? by Esthersblog(f): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yeah....
harbeeordun31:
Courting for years doesn't make marriage u can meet ur partner within 3-4months nd everything will work perfectly.... courting for years ko courting for months ni RUBBISH

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious: "Wicked" Response Of Ladies To Guys "Toasting" Them / What Visa Has Joined Together Let No Embassy Put Asunder (photo) / If U Return Home Nd Met Ur Child Like Dis..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.