Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Chizzled Musings (word Art/short Poems) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chizzled Musings (word Art/short Poems) (672 Views)

THE STATE OF Mind...a Series Of Short Poems / Oko Ashewo:musings Of A Brothel Crawler (18+) / Musings Of A Disappointed Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chizzled Musings (word Art/short Poems) by Chizzled06(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
CAN I FEED MY MOTHER?

The lights went out at home this morning
I don't mean NEPA, their lights went out before I was born
The queen of my world cried of hunger this morning;
Can I feed my mother?

Supposed to be in school right now,
Learning to read the books right now;
But Mathematics won't bring the food right now;
Can I feed my mother?

To the market place I go, faith my only currency;
To sit and watch her die, or snatch bread from the bakery?
With the loaf in my hand, I take to my heels, they're after me!
Just trying to feed my mother

My hungry legs give way, I fall on my knees
"Bring the tyre! bring the fuel!" they order while I plead,
"Any death wish?", they ask of me;
Will you feed my mother?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chizzled Musings (word Art/short Poems) by larrydan: 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Very beautiful poem , I liked it very much . I'd like to put it in my painting . I do that I draw different
word art prints .I have the largest selection of word art templates on the internet.And many people buy them as a personalised print.It is great for any occasion and fit perfectly in any room design.

(1) (Reply)

Glu Series(story Edition): Ture Love / Could You Kindly Give Me The Best Tips You Followed To Improve Your Vocabulary? / Why Oloruntoba-oju’s When Lemons Grow On Orange Trees Will Haunt You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.