Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) (33048 Views)

Matthew Knowles Pulls Seyi Shay's Hair In New Photo / Di’ja Stylishly Begs To Be Pepsi Ambassador (snapshot) / Official Seyi Shay Pepsi Ambassador Photoshoot Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by 4C2215131: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2015
eitsei:
most of these celebrities r olodo, there is even one who couldn't spell anticipate

You see, the difference between our celebs and those in the west is that a lot of them in the west after dropping from school do go back to get some education. They know they have to be on point with regards to everything;their movie or singing career, business and whatnot. They know they've got a lot of people looking up to them.

Yes, they wild out and such, but it comes with the territory and sometimes age. Buju Banton is currently serving a 10 year sentence for drug trafficking but you know what, he's copping an MSc in Political Science and Economics while serving his sentence.

Some of these artistes and entertainers are extremely well read. But at home, here in Nigeria, they just don't get it. About formal education.

Yes, informal education and the school of life is good BUT you cannot deny the importance of good formal education. Folks, let me tell you that a well educated student of business or finance will dupe you any day hands down despite all your so called street sense or knowledge. Argue it all you want but its the truth.

When our artistes are educated formally, managers cannot take them for a ride, endorsement deals will go 'your' way, your accountant can't mess with your money, your lawyers can't trifle with your business deals etc. You can get drunk and party with the vixens all week, just hit the four walls of a good institution or the pages of a good book at least during the weekends. You'd be the better for it.

Everyday I thank God for books and the gift of brilliant minds that have come before me to put down their ideas, problems and solutions in books. Their voice and thoughts echoe across time reaching out to me. From Plato, Socrates, Descartes, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Newton, Einstein, Smith, Taylor, Drucker, Porter, Armstrong, Carson, Soyinka, Achebe, DeGrasse and others too numerous to mention- I have learnt and I'm the better for it.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by fpeter(f): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2015
cosmic22:
dis babe wey I blow Taya.

anyways carry on

for dreamland abi?
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by kayo80(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
4C2215131:

And me also thinks companies should also be careful who they sign up. Scandals aside, in my opinion a company as international as PepsiCo should only involve itself with real A-list entertainers (remember when MJ was an ambassador?) as the purpose of the whole thingy is to promote the brand, associating the brand with a REAL successful artiste send a message to consumers- you are a successful company with successful brands that believes in associating with success.

Now messing with sub-par or mediocre (not saying Sheyi is one though she's by no stretch of the imagination an A list artiste... yet) send a message to discerning consumers also- a message of anything goes. When consumers start wondering why in Gods planet you pick a particular artiste they consider 'just there' then be prepared to have a shortfall in patronage, loyalty and first tries.

I don't understand why all you people keep saying she isn't an 'A List' artist...she is a list to me. And what's with this scandal rumor going around that she sleeps around a lot? I am sure that was what you were implying when you said "And me also thinks companies should also be careful who they sign up. Scandals aside." You people need to chill out.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by axortedbabe(f): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2015
Iamthoney:
You made me realize it now kikikikikikikikikiki
now I giv zero fkk
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by philemonemenike(m): 9:51am On Nov 11, 2015
Bleep all this company give celebrity endorsement why not give it to celebrate like me
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by 4C2215131: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2015
kayo80:

I don't understand why all you people keep saying she isn't an 'A List' artist...she is a list to me. And what's with this scandal rumor going around that she sleeps around a lot? I am sure that was what you were implying when you said "And me also thinks companies should also be careful who they sign up. Scandals aside." You people need to chill out.

Good that you're not assuming what I meant about scandal aside. The statement was not referring to the situation been discussed. I was discussing about the MO of endorsements.

She sleeps around? Wow, hearing that for the first time. Believe me.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by 4C2215131: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2015
kayo80:

By objective definition of the term, she's not an A-list artiste yet. Can she pack up an arena, say a stadium on the strength of her songs and personality alone? You and I know she can't do that. She doesn't have the retinue of hits to do that yet. An A-list artiste will do that.

In fact I don't think we have many A-list artistes in Nigeria as in within our own entertainment context. We can count them on the finger of an arm; P Square (hate or love it, they steal the biscuit in this category), Wizkid, Tu Baba...you know the rest.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by OnlyemmyM(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2015
Michellla:
good.
this girl really fell my hand tho.on closeupnaija.
she didnt even get one question right. undecided
Fell your hand or Fall your hand, Good morning.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Iamthoney(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2015
axortedbabe:
now I giv zero fkk
You can't be serious ma'am. Zero fkk is greater than minus one na or what do u think?
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by kayo80(m): 10:40am On Nov 11, 2015
4C2215131:

Good that you're not assuming what I meant about scandal aside. The statement was not referring to the situation been discussed. I was discussing about the MO of endorsements.

She sleeps around? Wow, hearing that for the first time. Believe me.

Forget the English, what exactly did you mean by "scandals aside." Just explain in simple English.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by 4C2215131: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2015
kayo80:

Forget the English, what exactly did you mean by "scandals aside." Just explain in simple English.

I suggest you read up on brand endorsement then you'd understand better. Again I reiterate my not knowing she sleeps around. Too busy to listen to gossips.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by kayo80(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2015
4C2215131:

I suggest you read up on brand endorsement then you'd understand better. Again I reiterate my not knowing she sleeps around. Too busy to listen to gossips.

Please go away...you are beating around the bush. You can't take back what you said, now you are dancing around the question. You said something, and now using technical words to avoid answering a simple question. Na only you go school abi?
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by 4C2215131: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2015
kayo80:

Please go away...you are beating around the bush. You can't take back what you said, now you are dancing around the question. You said something, and now using technical words to avoid answering a simple question. Na only you go school abi?

Where do I start with you? My statement was simply detailing the requirement needed from potential ambassadors. My train of thought follows from there. Read up like I said and you'll understand better.

@ technical words...I don't understand what you mean.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by jossybranduk9(m): 11:51am On Nov 11, 2015
Congratulations.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Tolulove26: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2015
To all my lovly brothers and sisters, atlast i made it, my song is out,Titled ejakajo, pls download and help me share it to ur loved ones, God bless u all. One love http://www.datafilehost.com/d/fa3d7638
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by davero24(m): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
Good for her thou!
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
you don't want to go to jail? Who did u kill and how did it happened? Keep me from sleep for six months? You cannot,so am all ears just tell me.

I jus know you are sturbborn,am 65percent right sha,a round of applause for me. Where do u reside?

cheesy
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by kenoz(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Congratulations to her
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by danbrowndmf(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
daretodiffer:

cheesy
like u slept off last night?.cheesy
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by magicminister: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
kayo80:

That's okay money, but it can't even buy a Range Rover. Think about it. 15 million Naira for three years is small money. That's just like 75k dollars.

True.
The record label takes their cut.
Manager takes 10 percent if he is the one that brought the deal
Deal breakers get some too.
In the end, she might be left with 5-8mill
Its better than nithing sha

1 Like

Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by paulzee94(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
Congratulations!!!
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Michellla(f): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
20pounds:

My only Naija celebrity crush(if ever there is a thing like that), till after that close upnaija incident. I didn't know she was that dull.

Dull women are a serious turn off for me.
like wise dull guys here.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Michellla(f): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
bulldoza:
La dernière fois avez-vous vérifié votre courrier?
aujourd"hui.i didnt see your reply.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Michellla(f): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
eitsei:
most of these celebrities r olodo, there is even one who couldn't spell anticipate
lol..baffles.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
I dislike that hair colour but I like Seyi. She sings really well grin
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Michellla(f): 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
sure.

Not sleeping by 12.41am. Watching movie?
nahh.i slept few mins later)
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by kayo80(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
magicminister:

True.
The record label takes their cut.
Manager takes 10 percent if he is the one that brought the deal
Deal breakers get some too.
In the end, she might be left with 5-8mill
Its better than nithing sha

Yea, it is better than nothing. At least she can buy a lot of nice clothes, and go on trips around the world with that.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by danbrowndmf(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
Michellla:

nahh.i slept few mins later)
lol,u just got ma mention since yestady?.cheesy

how you dy?
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Michellla(f): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
lol,u just got ma mention since yestady?.cheesy

how you dy?
yes i just came some mins ago.am aiiqht and you?
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Michellla:
aujourd"hui.i didnt see your reply.
Please check again
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by Michellla(f): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
bulldoza:
Please check again
i just did. its still the same.for real.
Re: Seyi Shay Now Pepsi Ambassador (pictured) by danbrowndmf(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Michellla:
yes i just came some mins ago.am aiiqht and you?
i'm great. *Dope pix*

michelle obama?.cheesy are u in anyway related to obamagrin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Nwankwo 'Alexreports' Involved In Accident(photos) / Odunlade Adekola Thrills Fans With His Dancing Moves At GloMegaMusicTour Lagos / Popular Female Celebrities With Love Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.