Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,046 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra (10253 Views)

LIVE UPDATES: What NLC is doing to restrategise for day 2 of strike action / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by PassingShot(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

What is shocking is that a referendum is the same thing that all the Biafran agitators want. This same referendum is what Ojukwu proposed for 3 years of the war so that hostilities would end. But everybody already knows what the outcome of the referendum hence they shout 'one Nigeria' just like Gowon did.
Get your leaders to key in into the Biafra project and watch everything go smoothly from there.

Preaching violence and confronting the FG in this manner will only bring further alienation to you guys without achieving NOTHING. On a personal level,I now have some kind of dislike for the Igbo race which wasn't the case. Una own don dey too much.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Then go ahead and move out of Nigeria now. Or is anyone holding you back? And if I may ask, in what way do you think Buhari or any other person can be of help?

Please state specifically how the president can help you to actualize Biafra and which he has failed to do?

You will not get any reasonable answers from him, don't bother yourself.

These guys lack common sense.

Simple things are difficult to them.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

That's not true. Even the pics of marches are not even up to 500,000 people in one place and this is inside Igboland. If they won't march for Biafra do you think they will fight and risk dying for Biafra? You need to wake up and smell the coffee. The fact that someone wants to see a better Igboland does not mean they don't want that Igboland to remain part of Nigeria. They way in which this Kanu madman and his followers want to achieve their aim gives people little option but to disassociate themselves from the Biafra agitation.

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2015
moderation2020:

thou the op meke sense but you make a better sense. you must be nwa chineke, chukwuabiama must bless you.

We are determined
We are fearless
We are resolute
We are IPOB
We are Biafrans

All these chants are just that chants. The Biafra crew never really come out with practicalities.

If Biafra is declared a country tomorrow please explain in practical and mathematics terms how things will work.

Will there be elections?
How will teachers be paid?
Without federal allocation how will salaries be paid in such outfits as the police,civil servants etc?

How about electricity and water supply?

Please explain how this Biafra will run in practical terms from day 2 of being declared?

What happens of no country will recognise it and therefore not trade with biafra?

My questions require practical answers and not wishy washy emitional fantasy.

I look forward to your answer.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by PassingShot(m): 9:58am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

The Nigerian Government should agree to a referendum in SS/SE zones
Have the regions tabled a request or desire to that effect which was rejected by FG?

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

All these chants are just that chants. The Biafra crew never really come out with practicalities.

If Biafra is declared a country tomorrow please explain in practical and mathematics terms how things will work.

Will there be elections?
Without federal allocation how will salaries be paid in such outfits as the police,civil servants etc?

Please explain how this Biafra will run in practical terms from day 2 of being declared?

What happens of no country will recognise it and therefore not trade with biafra?

You will wait for eternity for any reasonable answers from him.

They lack tact, strategy and all that is needed reason why I don't take them serious.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Where is your strategy in all this Biafra agitation? This is part of our problem as Igbos. Do you think you can get Biafra by opening a pirate radio station and cursing everybody? Insulting a power like great Britain that founded Nigeria? Asking people to disrupt a church crusade simply because the founder of the church is Yoruba? telling people to gather arms and calling for killings?

Nnamdi Kanu is very daft I must confess. I think he probably takes too much London dry gin. The lunatic just sat down in London, drew a map and began to circulate as Biafra; this is astonishing! When did he consult with the minority tribes in the Niger Delta before including them in his map? Are those guys not human beings with their own rights as well? Where did he even consult with Igbos in the SE at the grass roots and at the top before drawing maps? Secession is a joke and not a light matter at all.

We must learn to negotiate and strategize. This is our bane in national politics till today in Nigeria, we cannot form reasonable alliances and negotiate well as a people.

Honestly we are our own biggest problem and until we realise this, all this Biafran chanting will amount to nothing.

Thank you. This is the truth.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by moderation2020: 10:02am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Will there be elections?

maybe you think running a country is all about rocket science, it is all about proper self organisation with a good amount of sincerity of purpose, ok?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:02am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You will wait for eternity for any reasonable answers from him.

They lack tact, strategy and all that is needed reason why I don't take them serious.

They are not serious.....they the change chanters part 2.

I am look for s practical answer from him.......

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:04am On Nov 11, 2015
moderation2020:

maybe you think running a country is all about rocket science, it is all about proper self organisation with a good amount of sincerity of purpose, ok?

Again I await a practical answer to the practical realities of running a country.

I'm very patient dont worry take your time. I await your answer. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by simplycarro: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER and londoner.
I think you are already making some of the Biafrans do have a rethink. Before now, they would have been attacking you with insults.
If not that you are well known Igbos, they would have called you Yorubas by now.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

That's not true. Even the pics of marches are not even up to 500,000 people in one place and this is inside Igboland. If they won't march for Biafra do you think they will fight and risk dying for Biafra? You need to wake up and smell the coffee. The fact that someone wants to see a better Igboland does not mean they don't want that Igboland to remain part of Nigeria. They way in which this Kanu madman and his followers want to achieve their aim gives people little option but to disassociate themselves from the Biafra agitation.

I'm in Igboland, I feel the pulse of my people. They want their own country because Nigeria is an illegal entity and a failed state. There are many Igbos that can't speak up about Biafra for fear of persecution. In Igbo man in Government employ cannot talk about Biafra. There are Igbos who support Biafra but are weary of war. The reason I can talk about Biafra freely and go out to protest like others is because I'm self employed. If there was a referendum today in Igboland so that Biafra may come by peaceful means, 90% of all Igbos will vote to leave Nigeria. At the end of the day, Nigeria is just mere fabrication of the White man.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Again I await a practical answer to the practical realities of running a country.

I'm very patient dont worry take your time. I await your answer. Thanks.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your grandchildren will be born before he can answer your questions properly.

These lunatics are giving us a bad name I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2015
simplycarro:
EUROBOMBER and londoner.
I think you are already making some of the Biafrans do have a rethink. Before now, they would have been attacking you with insults.
If not that you are well known Igbos, they would have called you Yorubas by now.

Honestly I am so tired of these my Biafra people.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

I'm in Igboland, I feel the pulse of my people. They want their own country because Nigeria is an illegal entity and a failed state. There are many Igbos that can't speak up about Biafra for fear of persecution. In Igbo man in Government employ cannot talk about Biafra. There are Igbos who support Biafra but are weary of war. The reason I can talk about Biafra freely and go out to protest like others is because I'm self employed. If there was a referendum today in Igboland so that Biafra may come by peaceful means, 90% of all Igbos will vote to leave Nigeria. At the end of the day, Nigeria is just mere fabrication of the White man.

The pulse has not made them march in the millions....why is that?

The option of a peaceful exit from Nigeria is not being offered by Kanu and his supporters. Perhaps that is why that 90% are not yet marching.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 10:09am On Nov 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Have the regions tabled a request or desire to that effect which was rejected by FG?

The regions cannot table a request, they are just geographical expressions not even recognised in the constitution. Many Biafran groups have tabled a request for a referendum at the UN
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your grandchildren will be born before he can answer your questions properly.

These lunatics are giving us a bad name I tell you.

Let us be patient they must have an idea how it will work in practical terms right.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

stop coming up with percentages that you have no analysis to back up with.

That is how we go about shouting that we are 80% of Lagos, we own 200% of properties in Abuja, we are this we are that. Gosh!!

Have we solved our inherent problem of greed and selfishness? You are asking for Biafra but what have our elected IGBO governors done with all the allocations they have been getting?

What we need is good governance; to have men of reputation as governors and leaders that will be accountable, men like Buhari I dare say!

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

The regions cannot table a request, they are just geographical expressions not even recognised in the constitution. Many Biafran groups have tabled a request for a referendum at the UN

So you want the UN to help you and you are busy insulting a UN super power-Great Britain and others on your useless radio Biafra? Chai! Lmao.

You Biafra chanting guys are a disgrace to Igbos I tell you.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 10:13am On Nov 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Get your leaders to key in into the Biafra project and watch everything go smoothly from there.

Preaching violence and confronting the FG in this manner will only bring further alienation to you guys without achieving NOTHING. On a personal level,I now have some kind of dislike for the Igbo race which wasn't the case. Una own don dey too much.

Your problem is that you think that Nigeria is a civilised country where if you do the right thing, you get the right response. Sorry but we are still far away from this. Violence and confrontation is the only language the Nigerian Government listens to.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

Your problem is that you think that Nigeria is a civilised country where if you do the right thing, you get the right response. Sorry but we are still far away from this. Violence and confrontation is the only language the Nigerian Government listens to.

Try the right thing by following the right process first and let us see.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2015
simplycarro:
EUROBOMBER and londoner.

Yeah I was prepared for the Yoruba accusation.

It's just like the Scottish. They got a referendum but were FORCED to look at the PRACTICALITIES. They voted NO.

They realise they were not in the position to separate.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by wirinet(m): 10:14am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I personally think that the loud call for Biafra by some misguided few is very unnecessary. Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr The weak ijaw Jonathan quickly removed our own Ihejirika as COAS when the north cried of his excesses against boko haram.

Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

Let us be sincere with ourselves, this sudden loud call for Biafra is linked to Jonathan's defeat at the polls otherwise why didn't we use the opportunity when Jonathan was there to actualise Biafra? Why do we now expect Buhari to give us the Biafra?

There is nothing wrong in making mistakes and we should accept that we made a political mistake by voting the weak ijaw man in the person Jonathan. let us begin to reach out to the other big two i.e the north and the west to see how we can produce the next president after Buhari.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourself with the fact that he will not rule forever.

Power is transient.

A word is enough for the wise.

I agree with your submissions almost 100%, the part i disagree with is calling Ijaws treacherous, it betrays your lack of understanding of how the real world works. In real life there are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests. When the Ijaw interest aligned with Igbo interest, they spoke with one voice, but when their interests divulged, the Ijaws spoke against the Igbos. Barcanista and Edwin Clark are only protecting the long term interests of their tribes.

One tragedy of the Biafran agitation is that it lacks intellectual depth, it is driven primarily by an illiterate for illiterates. Compare it to the "bring back our girls campaign" driven by another "Biafran" Oby Ezekwelisi, it got the world attention and became one of the issues that brought down president Jonathan. Imagine if the Biafran agitation was driven by an intellectual giant like oby ezekwelisi.

I am yet to see one influential or intellectual Igbo support the Biafran agitation, all we see are unknown people in foreign lands and aba traders making discordant noise here and there and then of course the online warriors.

Nnamdi Kanu's approach of insults, hatred and call for violence will only create more enemies for Igbos and drive away genuine supporters of Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

The pulse has not made them match in the millions....why is that?

The option of a peaceful exit from Nigeria is not being offered by Kanu and his supporters. Perhaps that is why that 90% are not yet marching.

99.99995% are not yet marching! grin grin grin
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:
I don't think it is about Jonathan losing the election but the anti-Igbo sentiment which happened around that time. Although there is a long history of it there was a straw that broke the camels back. The utterances of the Oba and Buhari's 5% remarks basically confirmed to Igbos that they will always be considered underfoot.

Why did you have to include the "Oba" in ya soliloquy? That was unnecessary since a lot of Igbo leaders said worse before that. I honestly don't know why you lot have to play victim and act sanctimonious all the time.

The man exercised his right, with freedom of speech, with no intent, to protect his state - just as a lot of Igbos did before him. Stop it, it's boring.

Just discuss ya Biafra issue - the Oba isn't ya problem.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

stop coming up with percentages that you have no analysis to back up with.

That is how we go about shouting that we are 80% of Lagos, we own 200% of properties in Abuja, we are this we are that. Gosh!!

Have we solved our inherent problem of greed and selfishness? You are asking for Biafra but what have our elected IGBO governors done with all the allocations they have been getting?

What we need is good governance; to have men of reputation as governors and leaders that will be accountable, men like Buhari I dare say!

EXACTLY....the Igbo govs have done what with the allocation? We have to boast of being self made as individuals because our Igbo state and local govs do nothing but eat the money and build themselves premises to meet in.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:20am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Why did you have to include the "Oba" in ya soliloquy? That was unnecessary since a lot of Igbo leaders said worse before that. I honestly don't know why you lot have to play victim and act sanctimonious all the time.

The man exercised his right, with freedom of speech, with no intent, to protect his state - just as a lot of Igbos did before him. Stop it, it's boring.

It was just an example of the anti- Igbo sentiment of some. The oba spoke as a fool.just as Kanu is a fool.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 11, 2015
wirinet:

I agree with your submissions almost 100%, the part i disagree with is calling Ijaws treacherous, it betrays your lack of understanding of how the real world works. In real life there are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests. When the Ijaw interest aligned with Igbo interest, they spoke with one voice, but when their interests divulged, the Ijaws spoke against the Igbos. Barcanista and Edwin Clark are only protecting the long term interests of their tribes.

One tragedy of the Biafran agitation is that it lacks intellectual depth, it is driven primarily by an illiterate for illiterates. Compare it to the Biafran "bring back our girls campaign" driven by another "Biafran" Oby Ezekwelisi, it got the world attention and became one of the issues that brought down president Jonathan. Imagine if the Biafran agitation was driven by an intellectual giant like oby ezekwelisi.

I am yet to see one influential or intellectual Igbo support the Biafran agitation, all we see are unknown people in foreign lands and aba traders making discordant noise here and there and then of course the online warriors.

Nnamdi Kanu's approach of insults, hatred and call for violence will only create more enemies for Igbos and drive away genuine supporters of Biafra.

As for the ijaw part you may wish to describe it as a case of interests but I call it treachery.

The Igbos stood by the ijaws risking our relevance as a big tribe when other abandoned them. There were even suggestions before the elections that we should jump ship and join the APC where the two other big tribes were but we decided to pitch tent with the minority ijaw man and sink with him. embarassed

If we could do that for them why is a tonyebarcanista/Truckpusher now calling us land grabbers and expantionists?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:20am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

It was just an example of the anti- Igbo sentiment of some. The oba spoke as a fool. Just like kanu speaks as a fool.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

99.99995% are not yet marching! grin grin grin

Exactly. They won't march but they will fight abi?

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by trapQ: 10:24am On Nov 11, 2015
are you always this stup!d or is it only on Wednesdays??
go and die, moronic bastard.
gunpoint:
Then if i were you, i would get guns and march out of it. So what are you waiting for? Hurry to your death before your place is taken lipsrsealed
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

It was just an example of the anti- Igbo sentiment of some. The oba spoke as a fool.

If the Oba is a fool - then all Igbos who're territorial and will never vote for anyone apart from Igbos in Igboland are bigger fools. All Igbos that voted for GEJ and supported the utterly corrupt Igbos accused of corruption during GEJ's tenure are the biggest fools ever.

Can you define what anti-Igbo sentiment is in the context of Igbos trying to force their opinions on a state that isn't ancestrally theirs, especially when they were the ones who visited him and they never protested against what he said? Is Lagos Igboland?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dasuki Loses Bid To Stop His Trial / Pictures from APC Ward-To-Ward Rally In Borgu, Niger State / PDP Convension: Court Bars Police, DSS, INEC From Interfering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.