Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra (10259 Views)

LIVE UPDATES: What NLC is doing to restrategise for day 2 of strike action / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

They are very funny deluded people.

When the Lunatic Albino was spreading hate messages and encouraging them to kill other ethnicities, they termed it as freedom of speech.

Oba's speech was not recognised as one.

When Adaka Boro tried to make Niger Delta people to secede, Ironsi crushed the dream, when Nigeria crushed theirs, they were shouting blue murder.

They are crying for Biafra, based on their right to self determination. SS is crying for resource control or Niger Delta Republic and they are busy rebuild them again.

From their perspective, they are always right.

Lol. Don't mind these plonkers.

Rather than use their voting bloc to fight for good governance and beneficial policies in areas where Igbos thrive within that metropolis...the fools were asking the bastard to upgrade their Eze nonsense to first class king in Lagos. Like WTF? When did Lagos become Igboland? An Igbo king in Lagos? -GTFOHWTBS. These mofos don't know where to stop.

The Oba is a legend. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Enahi(f): 11:11am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Rather than use their voting bloc to fight for good governance and beneficial policies in areas where Igbos thrive with that metropolis...the fools were asking the bastard to upgrade their Eze nonsense to first class king in Lagos. Like WTF? When did Lagos become Igboland? An Igbo king in Lagos? -GTFOHWTBS. These mofos don't know where to stop.

SirShymmex is that you?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Miraculously supported what? Where in post did I say that folks have no rights to votes? It seems you either have glaucoma, or reading/comprehension isn't ya forte.

The right to vote is divine. However, when you start threatening folks with ya votes, then it's problematic. There are other ways to go about using ya votes as a bloc to get what you want.

Anyway, edit the Oba from ya post and leave the old man alone. He spoke for the indigenous folks of Lagos who were being disrespected and violated by Igbos and the other accursed bastard. It's over with now.

Discuss ya Biafra and the way forward for Igboland.

I'm not pro Biafra. You did say that Igbos were trying to vote their candidate in a place which was not ancestrally theirs. Obviously you had an issue with it so its funny to me that you all of a sudden don't see voting outside your ancestral land for the candidate of your choice as wrong when I talked of Yoruba's abroad.

There will be no editing of my post it will always include the oba example.

Your oba thought it disrespectful that the Igbos were to vote for the candidate of their choice a fellow Yoruba?
You keep flip flopping between voting being sacred and Igbos being disrespectful for having the 'audacity' to use that sacred right to vote for their candidate of choice.

Lol

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2015
Enahi:

SirShymmex is that you?

Lol.

It's me, my Edo Queen. wink

What's poppington?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Rather than use their voting bloc to fight for good governance and beneficial policies in areas where Igbos thrive within that metropolis...the fools were asking the bastard to upgrade their Eze nonsense to first class king in Lagos. Like WTF? When did Lagos become Igboland? An Igbo king in Lagos? -GTFOHWTBS. These mofos don't know where to stop.

If Oba of Lagos is a legend, then the Deji of Akure is a god.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2015
Enahi:

SirShymmex is that you?

??
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

It was the Oba that threatened violence during the state election not Igbos.

Before you talked about Igbos not voting their candidate outside their ancestral land. When I turned it to include Yoruba's voting outside their ancestral land you are miraculously in support.

Lol

Thanks
here you are playing the innocent victim but forgetting how your people called the oba's lagos a no man's land.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2015
Anyway, dear Igbos, you're free to discuss ya Biafra and I'm interested in reading ya opinions as a black man who loves all black people. Though I was Yoruba before I became anything else. And I'm not Nigerian (that's an on/off thingy with me and right now, I'm not) - I've got a next nationality.

However, do it without the blame game.

Shalom. cool

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Enahi(f): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Lol.

It's me, my Edo Queen. wink

What's poppington?

What happened to your moniker?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

I'm not pro Biafra. You did say that Igbos were trying to vote their candidate in a place which was not ancestrally theirs. Obviously you had an issue with it so its funny to me that you all of a sudden don't see voting outside your ancestral land for the candidate of your choice as wrong when I talked of Yoruba's abroad.

Your oba thought it disrespectful that the Igbos were to vote for the candidate of their choice a fellow Yoruba?
You keep flip flopping between voting being sacred and Igbos being disrespectful for having the 'audacity' to use that sacred right to vote for their candidate of choice.

Lol

They have the right to vote but they do not have the right to tell us they will install Jimi on us.

We showed you how worthless your population is in Lagos and we shall show you again come 2019.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Those Biafran groups, as far as any reasonable person is concerned, represent only a few of the Igbo populace, not the entire Igbo race. They say charity begins at home, if the Igbos cannot agree on a common unified position to demand a referendum through tha NASS of the federal republic, then it's safe to say those fighting for Biafra are a confused set of people.

Don't decieve your self. If the majority of Igbos didn't support Biafra, it would not be the national issue it is now

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
kenny987:
And this is where u get it wrong! It is a game of numbers and also a game of choice! Choice every citizen I'd entitled to and should not be punished for! At the end of every election there must be a winner and the one who wins swears an oath to all citizens and not just those that voted him in.
It is one government not a parallel one where d winner takes care of hos majority vote while d first runner up leads his own voters. Get that fact straight and lose that victim mentality of d consequences of your actions.

I decided to use that word 'consequences' because of the way a lot of my people reason.

Check Buhari's appointments and see the Igbos and Yorubas going neck-to-neck so why all this shouting?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Enahi(f): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

??

Huh
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Pavore9: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

Come to think of it, it will be good for your urban planning because you will be forced to grow your cities vertically by constructing skyscrapers and high rises.

Withing 3-5years, Biafra will suddenly turn to the Dubai of Africa.

grin grin grin

Vertically doing things is the direction my thinking leans to. People who are very conversant with the Agric section know me very well for that as l have personally sent down materials from Kenya to Nigeria to help many start up their vertical farm projects. Go through my topics and you will see highlights of different approach to Agriculture. l can boldly say l can grow and produce 2 tonnes of strawberry on a monthly basis within a space of a plot of land anywhere in the South-east!

So while we agitate, we should be open to discuss practical issues with civility as no one is know-all and no one's eternal destination will be based on being a Nigerian or Biafran!
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

If Oba of Lagos is a legend, then the Deji of Akure is a god.

Lol. Word - the supreme/celestial horsewhip. grin

These mofos go around calling Lagos "no man's land"...but when the supreme ruler of Lagos told them it's the land of his ancestors - they started crying everywhere. Just leave the man alone. Dammit!

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Enahi:

What happened to your moniker?

Biafrans/IPOB-mods banned it till Jan. 2016.

These mofos violated my knighted handle like it's a commoner.

You won't be seeing that handle till next year, love. sad
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Enahi(f): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Biafrans/IPOB-mods banned it till Jan. 2016.

These mofos violated my knighted handle like it's a commoner.

You won't be seeing that handle till next year, love. sad

Awwwwww.....sorry sad
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Feraz(m): 11:24am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I personally think that the loud call for Biafra by some misguided few is very unnecessary. Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr The weak ijaw Jonathan quickly removed our own Ihejirika as COAS when the north cried of his excesses against boko haram.

Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

Let us be sincere with ourselves, this sudden loud call for Biafra is linked to Jonathan's defeat at the polls otherwise why didn't we use the opportunity when Jonathan was there to actualise Biafra? Why do we now expect Buhari to give us the Biafra?

There is nothing wrong in making mistakes and we should accept that we made a political mistake by voting the weak ijaw man in the person Jonathan. let us begin to reach out to the other big two i.e the north and the west to see how we can produce the next president after Buhari.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourselves with the fact that he will not rule forever.

OBJ was there before, today he is not there, Yar Ardua, GEJ were there before and today they are not there. Buhari is there today and in future, he will not be there so why all this madness?

Power is transient!

A word is enough for the wise.
I don't think the bolded is necessary. You could have made your point without bringing their personalities here.

For the topic, I asked myself the same question - why wasn't this protest happening under Jonathan but now happening under Buhari? The way most of my people are going about it is not wise. All of a sudden, I hear it is now becoming violent which isn't supposed to be if truly people are to support your cause. Why aren't they agitating for resource control? What of our selfish Igbo leaders who would rather invest outside Igboland than in the land? So many questions to be asked but few answers.

londoner:
I don't think it is about Jonathan losing the election but the anti-Igbo sentiment which happened around that time. Although there is a long history of it there was a straw that broke the camels back. The utterances of the Oba and Buhari's 5% remarks basically confirmed to Igbos that they will always be considered underfoot.

There is often a general sentiment that Igbos are second class citizens in Nigeria ( not withstanding the few tokens). There is also a belief that an Igbo will never be president and this is without considering there may be some fitting candidates but their Igbo heritage discounts them in the minds of people.

I too believe that the call for Biafra is unnecessary and it is Igboland that is suffering. The reawakening towards the east should have been used more constructively.
What is happening now is a wasted opportunity.

If you feel perpetually unequal in a society you look for somewhere else to call home. Nigeria has ignored that feeling of both the Igbos and the oil producing tribes for too long.

I'm proudly Nigerian and would rather see genuine conciliation than any Biafra. Aside the Nigeria issue Igbos themselves need to tell themselves the truth about their own Igbo leaders and how they have woefully neglected their states and how Igbo businessmen have rejected the idea of building up their region to the point that they may look down on someone who has not gone to Lagos or Abuja to invest or do business. Igbos have to look at their own mentality too. It's very easy to lump all the blame on the rest of Nigeria but they lie to themselves if they do that.
The bolded, very apt!
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by nduchucks: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2015
illiad:
I hope Buhari listens to the voices on the streets...

And if not, then let him roll the tanks...

This is the main problem with cowards who will not make any sacrifice but encourage other people's children to go and die for nothing.

This character is calling for tanks but both him and his family members are not anywhere close to the protests. smh

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by T051N(m): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2015
When Yaradua died, please who clamoured for Jonathan to be President amidst threat fromYaraduas wife, he failed and we opted for another option, my dear Ibo brothers, calm down and strategise and show Nigeria why She still needs you, you guys are the most talented of all the tribes, ( dont let this get to your head),lol, show Nigeria what you can do for her,
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

They have the right to vote but they do not have the right to tell us they will install Jimi on us.

We showed you how worthless your population is in Lagos and we shall show you again come 2019.

When did they say they will install anyone? It is simply voting.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2015
Pavore9:

Vertically doing things is the direction my thinking leans to. People who are very conversant with the Agric section know me very well for that as l have personally sent down materials from Kenya to Nigeria to help many start up their vertical farm projects. Go through my topics and you will see highlights of different approach to Agriculture. l can boldly say l can grow and produce 2 tonnes of strawberry on a monthly basis within a space of a plot of land anywhere in the South-east!

So while we agitate, we should be open to discuss practical issues with civility as no one is know-all and no one's eternal destination will be based on being a Nigerian or Biafran!

You sound very reasonable and I will be too within the context of practicality of the biafran dream.

The dream is achievable but no matter the level of madness ou think you have, you can never achieve it alone. You will only succeed in ringing more misery to your land. What is the way forward?

There should be a constructive alliances and bridge building across SE, SW, SS and NC. This was built in 2011 for GEJ's election. The alliance should demand confederacy or regionalism. We should put it to vote and based on the population, I am sure it will sail through.

After 5-7years, the alliance can agree to pullout of the confederacy individually.

Without this strategy, any agitation is a mere early morning exercise.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Lol

You don't have to be pro-Biafra to be Biafran. Everyone whose family was affected by the Biafran war is a Biafran, either consciously or subconsciously.

Listen, as long as you're a registered voter, you should be allowed to vote for a candidate of ya choice. And I never said anything against that in my post. However, when you start using ya votes as a threat by demanding something you won't allow in ya own part of the country, with idiotic population figures - then it's problematic.

Like I said in my earlier post, there are other ways to use ya vote as a bloc in an election without maligning ya host. If they had done that, I doubt no one would have had a problem with them. However, when you start demanding the upgrade of ya inconsequential Eze title to a first class king, deputy governor position, and all kinds of idiotic demands you'll never allow in ya own part of the country - with the asinine tripe about Lagos being "no man's land" - then you shouldn't complain about the Oba's speech. Lagos has indigenous folks and that's their ancestral home, just as Igbos have theirs. And those who are from Lagos have culture/tradition/heritage that they're governed by and you have to respect that at all times. Or have you ever seen any group challenge the authority of the Queen of England?

The Oba did the right thing. He spoke for the true Lagosians - live with it, or tell ya folks to head back to Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It is for those that have brains not for your Biafra chanting type.

Gerrit?

Lol. We biafrans don't have brain. Can u now let us be
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

When did they say they will install anyone? It is simply voting.

You must be out of the country or very naive. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ask your kiths and kinsmen in Lagos.

We simply showed them who owns Lagos and we shall repeat it again and again.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

You must be out of the country or very naive. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ask your kiths and kinsmen in Lagos.

We simply showed them who owns Lagos and we shall repeat it again and again.

Simply show me where this was said. They simply said they would vote for their preferred candidate.

What is the crime in that? Was the candidate not also Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2015
Anyway, the way forward for Igbos is Biafra.

You lot just need a better leader. A miscreant and hate speech preacher like Kanu is a disaster waiting to happen.

And now that there's momentum for the cause, it's time for educated Igbos to get involved and be strategic about it.

If you're Igbo, you're a Biafran. But learn from the mistakes of Ojukwu and stay away from the SW where you lost the first war.

Igbo children deserve a better future and Nigeria can't offer them that. The country is only going to get worse.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:41am On Nov 11, 2015
cmoneke:

Pls be mature pls I didn't say ur lying did I ok pls as ur so educated what is allocation n d meaning of rebuilding n re constructing dis a 2 diff things ok north east were payed there allocation n also fg have put funds to rebuild that region after bokoharam problem ok

When was most of the Federal roads you have in SE now constructed?

In the 70s, after the senseless war --- despite the fact that you wasted our national resources we could have used f0r building infrastructures, time we could have used in nationhood development, you looted CBNs in Benin, PH, Enugu and Calabar, you hijacked the homes of non-igbos in your enclave, FG paid your allocation in full that was saved for you for 3 good years and you were paid 20pounds each for being a rebel against the sovereign state of Nigeria.

That is enough compensation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
I don't think the bolded is necessary. You could have made your point without bringing their personalities here.

For the topic, I asked myself the same question - why wasn't this protest happening under Jonathan but now happening under Buhari? The way most of my people are going about it is not wise. All of a sudden, I hear it is now becoming violent which isn't supposed to be if truly people are to support your cause. Why aren't they agitating for resource control? What of our selfish Igbo leaders who would rather invest outside Igboland than in the land? So many questions to be asked but few answers.

The bolded, very apt!

I stand by what I wrote about the ijaw, we should have nothing to do with them, let them go and drown in their oyel.

Look at the double standard of edwin clark and tonyebarcanista here on nairaland. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising SS & SE but he has shown his true colours today.

Al this while he had been deceiving my gullible Igbo brothers on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Simply show me where this was said. They simply said they would vote for their preferred candidate.

What is the crime in that? Was the candidate not also Yoruba?

Voting for a preferred candidate is not a crime. Threatening to use your vote thwart our progress is a crime.

Calling our land a no man's land is a crime.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

Voting for a preferred candidate is not a crime. Threatening to use your vote thwart our progress is a crime.

Calling our land a no man's land is a crime.

I keep asking for evidence of the threat or stating they will 'install' someone. Just cut and paste it here that's all.

I agree people should not call Lagos a no man's land but being a former capital, people from all tribes do call it home. I personally think Lagos should never have been made the capital but each region should have had a capital that was given federal attention according to its strengths. Abuja as administrative capital and FTC was a good idea.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Feraz(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:
Anyway, the way forward for Igbos is Biafra.

You lot just need a better leader. A miscreant and hate speech preacher like Kanu is a disaster waiting to happen.

And now that there's momentum for the cause, it's time for educated Igbos to get involved and be strategic about it.

If you're Igbo, you're a Biafran. But learn from the mistakes of Ojukwu and stay away from the SW where you lost the first war.

Igbo children deserve a better future and Nigeria can't offer them that. The country is only going to get worse.

Best of luck.
Of recent, I have seen you also agree that Nigeria is a 'zoo' in some of your comments. I thought you were pro-Nigerian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Adoption Of Final Addresses From All Parties / APC Responsible For Killings In Nigeria - PDP / Tinubu’s Health: Every Individual Has His Own Percentage Of Illness – Olusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.