Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra (10267 Views)

LIVE UPDATES: What NLC is doing to restrategise for day 2 of strike action / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

If the Oba is a fool - then all Igbos who're territorial and will never vote for anyone apart from Igbos in Igboland are bigger fools. All Igbos that voted for GEJ and supported the utterly corrupt Igbos accused of corruption during GEJ's tenure are the biggest fools ever.

Can you define what anti-Igbo sentiment is in the context of Igbos trying to force their opinions on a state that isn't ancestrally theirs, especially when they were the ones who visited him and they never protested against what he said? Is Lagos Igboland?

It is called voting. They were voting for a Yoruba man.

Don't Yoruba's vote in the UK or US where they live? Is it their ancestral land?

Are you saying Yoruba's outside their ancestral land should not have the right to vote for the candidate of their choice? Really?

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

stop coming up with percentages that you have no analysis to back up with.

That is how we go about shouting that we are 80% of Lagos, we own 200% of properties in Abuja, we are this we are that. Gosh!!

Have we solved our inherent problem of greed and selfishness? You are asking for Biafra but what have our elected IGBO governors done with all the allocations they have been getting?

What we need is good governance; to have men of reputation as governors and leaders that will be accountable, men like Buhari I dare say!

You still don't get do you? All the evils bedevlin Nigeria such as corruption,Tribalism,nepotism, lack of good governance,incompetency and so on is because Nigeria does not work as a nation. Nigeria has never worked as a nation. It simply cannot work because the constituent people that make it up are too different and too disjointed and far from United. It's like bringing a Fox, a Wolf and a coyote together and putting them in one cage. All three, despite being members of the Dog family, can never live in peace. They will fight each other until there is no cage left. The only way to have them is to segregate all three and their kind in three different cages. Nigeria is not any different. The only way to have peace is to divide this "British experiment" called Nigeria back into the component people they were before Lugard came to 'herd' us like sheep together. Let everyone go back to administering our selves how best suits us instead of staying together to give each other needless headache.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

It is called voting. They were voting for a Yoruba man.

Don't Yoruba's vote in the UK or US where they live! Is it their ancestral land?

But have Yorubas ever threatened ethnic Brits during elections?

How many black folks even have time for elections or voting in the UK? Over 60% of registered black voters don't even vote during elections. Go find a next example. Folks live with whoever is elected.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by dinachi(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I personally think that the loud call for Biafra by some misguided few is very unnecessary. Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr The weak ijaw Jonathan quickly removed our own Ihejirika as COAS when the north cried of his excesses against boko haram.

Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

Let us be sincere with ourselves, this sudden loud call for Biafra is linked to Jonathan's defeat at the polls otherwise why didn't we use the opportunity when Jonathan was there to actualise Biafra? Why do we now expect Buhari to give us the Biafra?

There is nothing wrong in making mistakes and we should accept that we made a political mistake by voting the weak ijaw man in the person Jonathan. let us begin to reach out to the other big two i.e the north and the west to see how we can produce the next president after Buhari.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourselves with the fact that he will not rule forever.

OBJ was there before, today he is not there, Yar Ardua, GEJ were there before and today they are not there. Buhari is there today and in future, he will not be there so why all this madness?

Power is transient!

A word is enough for the wise.
I am very happy that our people are waking up. The time of Ijaw bondage is over. Time to join our brother ethnic groups to move Nigeria foward.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

If the Oba is a fool - then all Igbos who're territorial and will never vote for anyone apart from Igbos in Igboland are bigger fools. All Igbos that voted for GEJ and supported the utterly corrupt Igbos accused of corruption during GEJ's tenure are the biggest fools ever.

Can you define what anti-Igbo sentiment is in the context of Igbos trying to force their opinions on a state that isn't ancestrally theirs, especially when they were the ones who visited him and they never protested against what he said? Is Lagos Igboland?

I do not want this thread to become about the Oba of Lagos please but in all honesty, do you think it was right for the Oba to threaten a group of people with death should they vote against his preferred candidate? Where is the right to vote when threats are being issued?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

So you want the UN to help you and you are busy insulting a UN super power-Great Britain and others on your useless radio Biafra? Chai! Lmao.

You Biafra chanting guys are a disgrace to Igbos I tell you.

The UN is not there to serve the interest of Britain. It was the same Britain that created this mad house called Nigeria for their selfish interests.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Are you saying Yoruba's outside their ancestral land should not have the right to vote for the candidate of their choice? Really?

No. You've a right to vote.

However, when you start threatening people with ya votes and going beyond ya boundaries, within a setting where everyone is territorial. Then it's problematic. The man exercised his freedom of speech - just as ya Igbo leaders do all the time. If you can't reprimand ya Igbo leaders for doing it, why throw hissy fit when a next person returns the favour?

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by chukel(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2015
Jesus! I can't believe this is coming from EUROBOMBER. I'm speechless. I thank God ur eyes have opened. Ur views before the elections were putrid and illiterate. I thank God you know better. Our people may be hardworking and intelligent, but they are very gullible. I think that sums it up. Looking at the jonathan's era, u would see he is the worst president that had the greatest hate for igbos, despite the unalloyed and unflinching support he got from igbo(myself excluded). I hate this clamor for biafra. It's pointless, clueless, directionless and useless. Even if we need biafra, the time is not now.
As for TonyeBarcanista, he is a useless toad.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I do not want this thread to become about the Oba of Lagos please but in all honesty, do you think it was right for the Oba to threaten a group of people with death should they vote against his preferred candidate? Where is the right to vote when threats are being issued?

It's freedom of speech.

An Igbo leader said the same during the Anambra election, with GEJ there. Why wasn't there an uproar? Why single out the Oba for doing the same thing?

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Nobody made us slaves, we made ourselves slaves by refusing to apply ordinary common sense and diplomacy.

Let us come together and push one Igbo man while reaching out to the north and SW and see if he will not win?

All we do is shout and cry but have we taken the necessary steps? No!

vicenzo:
That was and remain the policy upon which one Nigeria was built, economic and political strangulation of Igboland was the agenda of the "victors".

Whenever you see an Igbo man shouting one Nigeria, 3 things are involved:

1. He is mentally retarded and should in that case be forgiven.

2. He has selfish interests to protect in Nigeria, it doesn't matter if the rest of his people burns and are denigrated, as one Nigeria must be preserved to serve his selfish interests, which might range from political, emotional( love) , economic and other senseless interests

3. He has no knowledge of his Igbo history. You know they don't teach history in Nigerian schools. His Nigerian education system failed him, and worst still, his parents failed him, for not teaching him about the history of his people. He ultimately gets to learn the  history of his people through outsiders and detractors, and of course the version of history they give him is a false one albeit anti- Igbo, so he develops self hate for himself and his group. We have many of them on NL. This happens more to Igbos born and raised in Lagos and other non Igbo parts of Nigeria.

Any mentally stable, unselfish Igbo man who knows the history of Igbo people in Nigeria, is innately Biafran to the core.

He might disagree with methods used by Igbo groups to achieve Biafra, but he is never pro Nigerian, Never!
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by 4stylz: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2015
Igbos are only looking for a way to control biafra, fortunately biafra is an igbo movement
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Where is your strategy in all this Biafra agitation? This is part of our problem as Igbos. Do you think you can get Biafra by opening a pirate radio station and cursing everybody? Insulting a power like great Britain that founded Nigeria? Asking people to disrupt a church crusade simply because the founder of the church is Yoruba? telling people to gather arms and calling for killings?

Nnamdi Kanu is very daft I must confess. I think he probably takes too much London dry gin. The lunatic just sat down in London, drew a map and began to circulate as Biafra; this is astonishing! When did he consult with the minority tribes in the Niger Delta before including them in his map? Are those guys not human beings with their own rights as well? Where did he even consult with Igbos in the SE at the grass roots and at the top before drawing maps? Secession is not a joke and not a light matter at all.

We must learn to negotiate and strategize. This is our bane in national politics till today in Nigeria, we cannot form reasonable alliances and negotiate well as a people.

Honestly we are our own biggest problem and until we realise this, all this Biafran chanting will amount to nothing.

If a world power, the Soviets Union (USSR) could emerge with 15 republics without firing a gun then Nigeria's case is a forgone conclusion no matter the propaganda from people like you.

Threatening IPOB with wars, death, violence and destruction to keep a fraudulent union going can't work and is no longer working.

Instead of engaging in a futile effort on a faceless forum and if you and your backers are even worth your rants and propaganda you should have tried your own demonstration in the SE to test your popularity.

Can you?

Tell your messengers than your mission is DOA!
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by PassingShot(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

The regions cannot table a request, they are just geographical expressions not even recognised in the constitution. Many Biafran groups have tabled a request for a referendum at the UN
Those Biafran groups, as far as any reasonable person is concerned, represent only a few of the Igbo populace, not the entire Igbo race. They say charity begins at home, if the Igbos cannot agree on a common unified position to demand a referendum through tha NASS of the federal republic, then it's safe to say those fighting for Biafra are a confused set of people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

How many black folks even have time for elections or voting in the UK? Over 60% of registered black voters don't even vote during elections. Go find a next example. Folks live with whoever is elected.

The Igbos never threatened the Yorubas during the elections. Honestly I think it would be honourable to admit that what the Oba said was inappropriate. If not so why did other Yoruba traditional rulers apologise on his behalf?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

It's freedom of speech.

An Igbo leader said the same during the Anambra election, with GEJ there. Why wasn't there an uproar? Why single out the Oba for doing the same thing?

So what Nnamdi Kanu is doing is freedom of speech too right? undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:46am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

It was the Oba that threatened violence during the state election not Igbos.

Before you talked about Igbos not voting their candidate outside their ancestral land. When I turned it to include Yoruba's voting outside their ancestral land you are miraculously in support.

Lol

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2015
[s]
simplycarro:
EUROBOMBER and londoner.
I think you are already making some of the Biafrans do have a rethink. Before now, they would have been attacking you with insults.
If not that you are well known Igbos, they would have called you Yorubas by now.
[/s]
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The Igbos never threatened the Yorubas during the elections. Honestly I think it would be honourable to admit that what the Oba said was inappropriate. If not so why did other Yoruba traditional rulers apologise on his behalf?

When a Igbo leader alluded to APC as Awolowo's party and told electorates malicious lies that Awolowo and his people killed millions of Igbos. That falls within hate speech as well.

Desperate times requires desperate measures and as long as there's no intent - then it falls within freedom of speech. Unless you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he'll carry out the threat.

Nobody apologised on his behalf. Ya Igbo folks sat there and laughed. So you lot need to let it go and stop blaming the man for ya Biafra agitation. Radio Biafra and Kanu were all over radio waves before the Oba's thing.

5 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:
Why did you have to include the "Oba" in ya soliloquy? That was unnecessary since a lot of Igbo leaders said worse before that. I honestly don't know why you lot have to play victim and act sanctimonious all the time.

The man exercised his right, with freedom of speech, with no intent, to protect his state - just as a lot of Igbos did before him. Stop it, it's boring.

Just discuss ya Biafra issue - the Oba isn't ya problem.

xtrorse:

Can you post ANY evidence where a prominent Igbo personality insulted or maligned your father or race?

Which ethnic group have built a better bridge than the Igbos who have exhibited more 'Nigerianness' by permeating every nook and cranny of Nigeria, peacefully building and establishing business empires, and growing the economy of the locals and that of the country at large, and some of them even getting married to the locals?

In the 90s, the NADECO's unlicensed and inciting Radio Kudirat was hitting the airwaves, did any of your elites condemn it?

Before the 2015 general elections, did you condemn the highly inciting Radio Chanji in the North?

Between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani who makes lousy, provoking noise and propaganda using every available media outfit?

In the build up to the 2015 general elections certain people made careless and careless utterances thereby heating up the polity. Is any of them Igbo

The likes of FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters who heated the polity with their utterances, is any of them Igbo?

Ever since you were born, have you seen or heard anywhere Igbos are on rampage, killing people and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

How many of your elites dare challenge the Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris or Yorubas for their unjust ways? How many of you dare counter the numerous killings and destruction of lives and properties that have been occurring for many decades in the North unabated? 

The Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have over the century propagated despicable, hate speeches in their mosques and still execute the unconscionable, cold-hearted waste of human lives and reckless destruction of means of livelihoods in the North and Middle-belt. And they now have the presidency while the backstabbing Yorubas vice-presidency! Such a misnomer can only happen in the jungle! 

A number of Yorubas even go to the extent of carrying wicked lies about how Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have been peace-loving and accommodative; that it's the Igbos that always provoke their hosts in the North warranting the pogrom and other heinous crimes against the Igbos.
Yet in the same North and the Middle-belt the Christian minorities and other Southerners are maltreated, relegated to the background and even killed.

You say that Igbos are arrogant, and that they don't respect their hosts while you subtly proclaim that the Hausa-Fulanis are peace-loving and accommodative. You don’t like Igbos but you still fought and killed them to be in this fraudulent union where your likes are favoured by the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity. 
And your people even had the effrontery to castigate Igbos for seeking a self-determination! 

Many of you hold the view that Igbos should be grateful for being allowed to live in their part of the country, in the same 'One Nigeria'! You say Igbos disrespect and denigrate their host when Igbos choose to exercise their franchise right. And you don't seem to see anything wrong in Oba Akiolu's threat to drown Igbos in the Lagos lagoon if they fail to vote for his anointed candidate! The same threat was backed by many Yorubas including Dr Ariyo in the US who even called for genocide.

IGBOS HATE NOBODY EXCEPT YOU ARE A SWORN ENEMY TO TRUTH, JUSTICE AND EQUITY.
At the 2015 presidential election Igbos only exercised their franchise right just like other tribes.

If Igbos are the promoters of hate in Nigeria, can anyone tell us any instance where Igbos go about causing mayhem, killing and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

It's only mischievous bigots in the society that turn blind eye to the evil and injustice, and permit the atrocities to flourish in the land because they gain from the lopsided arrangement in the polity. 

GENESIS OF HATRED IN NIGERIA

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State, threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011:  ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 
http://expressng.com/2015/04/video-oba-rilwan-akiolu-threatening-igbos-in-lagos/
Oba Rilwane Akiolu of Lagos to Igbos - Vote APC or Perish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

No. You've a right to vote.

However, when you start threatening people with ya votes and going beyond ya boundaries, within a setting where everyone is territorial. Then it's problematic. The man exercised his freedom of speech - just as ya Igbo leaders do all the time. If you can't reprimand ya Igbo leaders for doing it, why throwing hissy fit when a next person returns the favour?

They are very funny deluded people.

When the Lunatic Albino was spreading hate messages and encouraging them to kill other ethnicities, they termed it as freedom of speech.

Oba's speech was not recognised as one.

When Adaka Boro tried to make Niger Delta people to secede, Ironsi crushed the dream, when Nigeria crushed theirs, they were shouting blue murder.

They are crying for Biafra, based on their right to self determination. SS is crying for resource control or Niger Delta Republic and they are busy rebuking them again.

From their perspective, they are always right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

So what Nnamdi Kanu is doing is freedom of speech too right? undecided undecided undecided

Obviously. And I alluded to this before albeit you can also argue for intent based on a few pics of him on the internet with armed youths.

However, if you want to talk about treason - that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Pavore9: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Yeah I was prepared for the Yoruba accusation.

It's just like the Scottish. They got a referendum but were FORCED to look at the PRACTICALITIES. They voted NO.

They realise they were not in the position to separate.

Nnamdi still holds tightly a British Passport, same Country they continually abuse on Radio Biafra, does it not smack of hypocrisy? Many are choosing not to discuss PRACTICALITIES but riding on emotions. In another thread l brought up the fact that the 5 South Eastern states when put together is not even up to the size of Kogi State nor even up to 40% of the size of Niger State and should people head back home and we have about 25million there, how will such number get to feed, where will the farmland come from? angry

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

When a Igbo leader alluded to APC as Awolowo's party and told electorates malicious lies that Awolowo and his people killed millions of Igbos. That falls within hate speech as well.

Desperate times requires desperate measures and as long as there's no intent - then it falls within freedom of speech. Unless you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he'll carry out the threat.

Nobody apologised on his behalf. Ya Igbo folks sat there and laughed. So you lot need to let it go and stop blaming the man for ya Biafra agitation. Radio Biafra and Kanu were all over radio waves before the Oba's thing.

What they said about other ethnicities especially yorubas and northerners during Anambra's election is disgraceful, embarrassing, pathetic and unprintable.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Scholes007(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

How can you be lying openly like this?

Which region did you built on your own? Did FGN not pay the Eastern Region of then all the allocations saved up for 3years.

was there a time when FGN refused to pay allocations to your state?

These people and there lies sha.
is bornu,adamawa & other boko haram affected states not give their allocations? Why the call for rehabilitation in those areas? Was there any done by the fg in the civil war affected states?
You saying the fg developed the south east means you are lying to yourself. Apart from gej efforts in these areas and the major express roads constructed in the 70's what other tangible thing have the fg done that is not done because it is a nationwide project/programme
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 10:56am On Nov 11, 2015
Pavore9:

Nnamdi still holds tightly a British Passport, same Country they continually abuse on Radio Biafra, does it not smack of hypocrisy? Many are choosing not to discuss PRACTICALITIES but riding on emotions. In another thread l brought up the fact that the 5 South Eastern states when put together is not even up to the size of Kogi State nor even up to 40% of the size of Niger State and should people head back home and we have about 25million there, how will such number get to feed, where will the farmland come from? angry

Exactly....they are deluded. That is why most Igbos do not support Biafra. If we were a region with good leadership and showing signs of being able to govern ourselves they would have better support for Biafra as the natural progression of a well governed region.

So naive, they don't even ask themselves why kanu has not relinquished his British passport.

Their own sons will die and his will be safely out of harms way.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

It was the Oba that threatened violence during the state election not Igbos.

Before you talked about Igbos not voting their candidate outside their ancestral land. When I turned it to include Yoruba's voting outside their ancestral land you are miraculously in support.

Lol

Thanks

Miraculously supported what? Where in post did I say that folks have no rights to votes? It seems you either have glaucoma, or reading/comprehension isn't ya forte.

The right to vote is divine. However, when you start threatening folks with ya votes, then it's problematic. There are other ways to go about using ya votes as a bloc to get what you want.

Anyway, edit the Oba from ya post and leave the old man alone. He spoke for the indigenous folks of Lagos who were being disrespected and violated by Igbos and the other accursed bastard. It's over with now.

Discuss ya Biafra and the way forward for Igboland.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 10:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Pavore9:

Come to think of it, it will be good for your urban planning because you will be forced to grow your cities vertically by constructing skyscrapers and high rises.

Withing 3-5years, Biafra will suddenly turn to the Dubai of Africa.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

What they said about other ethnicities especially yorubas and northerners during Anambra's election is disgraceful, embarrassing, pathetic and unprintable.

Don't mind them. It's always about playing the blame game.

How the fecky fvck did the Oba get into the Biafran discussion when Radio Biafra was already spamming the toxic hate speeches all over radio waves before the Oba said whatever he said?

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:01am On Nov 11, 2015
Scholes007:
is bornu,adamawa & other boko haram affected states not give their allocations? Why the call for rehabilitation in those areas? Was there any done by the fg in the civil war affected states?
You saying the fg developed the south east means you are lying to yourself. Apart from gej efforts in these areas and the major express roads constructed in the 70's what other tangible thing have the fg done that is not done because it is a nationwide project/programme

The war ended in 1970 and FG constructed roads in the 70s as part of the rebuilding process.

Tell us one road the Drunken Master of Otuoke completed in SE. Please do not mention 2NB here.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by wirinet(m): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

As for the ijaw part you may wish to describe it as a case of interests but I call it treachery.

The Igbos stood by the ijaws risking our relevance as a big tribe when other abandoned them. There were even suggestions before the elections that we should jump ship and join the APC where the two other big tribes were but we decided to pitch tent with the minority ijaw man and sink with him. embarassed

If we could do that for them why is a tonyebarcanista/Truckpusher now calling us land grabbers and expantionists?

It's not called treachery, it is called diplomacy. The Ijaws did not force you people to support them, you supported Jonathan because you felt your interests are better protected under him. Jonathan in return rewarded the Igbos with very juicy appointments and contracts and even acknowledged that the Igbos were the pillar of his administrations. So your two interests aligned. If you guys had strategic thinkers, you would have pushed for Biafra when the Ijaws were fighting for resource control, if you guys had joined the militancy and died along with the Ijaws and at the same time push for secession, then the Ijaws would be duty bound to fight and die with you now.

Jonathan lost, and the Ijaws feel they need to align with the new administration to protect the gains they made in the last administration. But Igbos are now shouting Biafra and without any formal agreements or negotiations, assume Ijaws must fight along with them, just because they supported Jonathan. It sounds more like blackmail.

Igbos are making the greatest mistake by drawing the map of Biafra and including Ijaw lands and even renaming the whole of Portharcourt including ijaw area igweocha, and you do not want the Ijaws to accuse you of land grab. You should be aware that people get very emotional over land matters, and most of the anger against the Igbos by Yorubas today is because Igbos refer to the whole of Lagos as no man's land.

As i said you people need to bring in intellectual people to drive your interests, Even Ojukwu had to bring in the brilliant Uche Chukwumerije and the very brilliant Chinua Achibe to drive his Biafra.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Enahi(f): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2015
@op you are right to an extent but I think its time we give the igbos an opportunity to rule the country.

The problem is the South part of the Country is not as United as the Northern part.

I sincerely think we need to break a jinx here and be ready to play real politics. It shouldn't have to be a must that Northern must be vice president or President.

The political parties are also too many, if we can have two main parties it wont be a bad idea.

The truth be told the Northerners speak a common language and they have been cheating the Nigerians through it
We have to be sincere with ourselves the Yorubas are different from the igbos in all ramifications. The South West is not same as South East that's why the igbos are feeling marginalized.

Its either we grant the igbos Biafra or look for a way to compesent them. If the Northerners were to be treated like the igbos I tell you they would have long divided Nigeria.

The Northerners are the biggest problems we have I this Country.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kenny987(f): 11:08am On Nov 11, 2015
And this is where u get it wrong! It is a game of numbers and also a game of choice! Choice every citizen is entitled to and should not be punished for! At the end of every election there must be a winner and the one who wins swears an oath to all citizens and not just those that voted him in.
It is one government not a parallel one where d winner takes care of his majority voters while d first runner up leads his own voters. Get that fact straight and lose that victim mentality of d consequences of your actions.

EUROBOMBER:

Ok, since we decided to give Jonathan all our votes, let us also accept the consequences of our decision.

Politics is a game of numbers and two zones can NEVER defeat four.

Simple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onnoghen’s Dismissal: We’ll React Formally - PDP / Anyim Pius Anyim Celebrates His 61st Birthday Today / First 150 Days Of New Government & Stock Market Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.