Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra (10190 Views)

LIVE UPDATES: What NLC is doing to restrategise for day 2 of strike action / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2015
I personally think that the loud call for Biafra by some misguided few is very unnecessary. Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr The weak ijaw Jonathan quickly removed our own Ihejirika as COAS when the north cried of his excesses against boko haram.

Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

Let us be sincere with ourselves, this sudden loud call for Biafra is linked to Jonathan's defeat at the polls otherwise why didn't we use the opportunity when Jonathan was there to actualise Biafra? Why do we now expect Buhari to give us the Biafra?

There is nothing wrong in making mistakes and we should accept that we made a political mistake by voting the weak ijaw man in the person Jonathan. let us begin to reach out to the other big two i.e the north and the west to see how we can produce the next president after Buhari.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourselves with the fact that he will not rule forever.

OBJ was there before, today he is not there, Yar Ardua, GEJ were there before and today they are not there. Buhari is there today and in future, he will not be there so why all this madness?

Power is transient!

A word is enough for the wise.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Luggi007(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2015
@ OP, its obvious that yu are literate cuz yu dey make alot of sense in that yur write up.....

Unlike some miscrants and zombies that does not have any reasonable thing to do with their time n life shouting on the streets and disturbing the peace of the people and the country in the name of agitation.

Funny enough, most of the people on the streets does not even know what they tend to lose or benefit in person and entity in this so called BIAFRAN NATION.

6 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I personally think that the loud call for Biafra by some misguided few is very unnecessary. Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

Let us be sincere with ourselves, this sudden loud call for Biafra is linked to Jonathan's defeat at the polls otherwise why didn't we use the opportunity when Jonathan was there to actualise Biafra? Why do we now expect Buhari to give us the Biafra?

There is nothing wrong in making mistakes and we should accept that we made a political mistake by voting the weak ijaw man in the person Jonathan. let us begin to reach out to the other big two i.e the north and the west to see how we can produce the next president after Buhari.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourself with the fact that he will not rule forever.

Power is transient.

It doesn't matter if Igbos are calling for Biafra because Jonathan lost or because the colour of the Moon has changed. The important thing here is that if the over 40 million Igbo nation decide for whatever reason to leave Nigeria, a British contraption they were forced into, then nobody has the right to tell them otherwise.

29 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Point of order! Igbos made no mistake in voting GEJ. If the elections are conducted again with all things being equal the same pattern of voting will still occur.
No apologies!

Do well to report back to those you maybe fronting for that your mission was DOA.

Father Mbaka to 'One Nigeria' Igbo Proponents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTF4Unrot0A
"If Nigeria cannot be 'One Nigeria' let us divide...If it divides some Igbo people will like to be Hausa. Of course, you know that...
So everyone should go to where he wants to go to.
There are some Igbo people who don't have a hut in their father's land but have 10 storey buildings in Lagos and Abuja.
Have you seen an Hausa man with upstairs in Igboland...even a hut?"

8 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2015
I don't think it is about Jonathan losing the election but the anti-Igbo sentiment which happened around that time. Although there is a long history of it there was a straw that broke the camels back. The utterances of the Oba and Buhari's 5% remarks basically confirmed to Igbos that they will always be considered underfoot.

There is often a general sentiment that Igbos are second class citizens in Nigeria ( not withstanding the few tokens). There is also a belief that an Igbo will never be president and this is without considering there may be some fitting candidates but their Igbo heritage discounts them in the minds of people.

I too believe that the call for Biafra is unnecessary and it is Igboland that is suffering. The reawakening towards the east should have been used more constructively.
What is happening now is a wasted opportunity.

If you feel perpetually unequal in a society you look for somewhere else to call home. Nigeria has ignored that feeling of both the Igbos and the oil producing tribes for too long.

I'm proudly Nigerian and would rather see genuine conciliation than any Biafra. Aside the Nigeria issue Igbos themselves need to tell themselves the truth about their own Igbo leaders and how they have woefully neglected their states and how Igbo businessmen have rejected the idea of building up their region to the point that they may look down on someone who has not gone to Lagos or Abuja to invest or do business. Igbos have to look at their own mentality too. It's very easy to lump all the blame on the rest of Nigeria but they lie to themselves if they do that.

7 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by menix(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2015
Infact I dey go play Visa lottery, I don tire for this our polity that is always heated..

The protest ain't working cous FG knows that the main reason of the protest was to attract UN with deaths of Biafran patriots being the reason the security agencies have respected their selves..

I will advise Biafrans to Brain storm on their next phase cous the current strategy ain't working..

Or the Biafrans push for True Federalism..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by sammyj: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2015
Fantastic writeup !!!
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by omenka(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going
to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr
The IPOD protesters are nothing more than a bunch of paid TAN thugs re-activated by some sore losers in the PDP. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Khd95(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2015
Biafra is an E-country,it only have recognition on NL...gringrin
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourself with the fact that he will not rule forever.

Power is transient.

You no da tire na every minute you de create thread nawaooo

9 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by EternalTruths: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Power is transient.

You keep making the mistake of thinking that Biafra is a PDP affair

Biafra is the cry of an oppressed people

Talk to your masters up North and side West to address the anti Igbo actions cool

9 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:
I don't think it is about Jonathan losing the election but the anti-Igbo sentiment which happened around that time. Although there is a long history of it there was a straw that broke the camels back. The utterances of the Oba and Buhari's 5% remarks basically confirmed to Igbos that they will always be considered underfoot.

There is often a general sentiment that Igbos are second class citizens in Nigeria ( not withstanding the few tokens). There is also a belief that an Igbo will never be president and this is without considering there may be some fitting candidates but their Igbo heritage discounts them in the minds of people.

I too believe that the call for Biafra is unnecessary and it is Igboland that is suffering. The reawakening towards the east should have been used more constructively.
What is happening now is a wasted opportunity.

If you feel perpetually unequal in a society you look for somewhere else to call home. Nigeria has ignored that feeling of both the Igbos and the oil producing tribes for too long.

I'm proudly Nigerian and would rather see genuine conciliation than any Biafra. Aside the Nigeria issue Igbos themselves need to tell themselves the truth about their own Igbo leaders and how they have woefully neglected their states and how Igbo businessmen have rejected the idea of building up their region to the point that they may look down on someone who has not gone to Lagos or Abuja to invest or do business. Igbos have to look at their own mentality too. It's very easy to lump all the blame on the rest of Nigeria but they lie to themselves if they do that.

Mister, you made some good points in your writeup.
Nevertheless, you made a mess of it by being economically with the truth in some areas.

Come to think of this - aside Lagos a former federal capital territory, which SW city is better developed than those in SE?

Have you forgotten that soon after the civil war the wicked hypocrites connived and robbed Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and gave £20 to only those who could prove they had bank accounts?

Remember how the parasitic ingrates proceeded to use the stolen funds to buy up the numerous companies established by the colonial masters, looting the companies and rendering them bankrupt. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to your regions for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

FYI, Imo airport was built by the people of Imo state; almost everyone contributed even little kids to make the airport a reality.

The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade your enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

FYI, the Igbo States are the least affected by the falling crude oil earnings. Go and ask Fayose why Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State.

Feed your eyes and see that a people you defrauded and cheated are doing excellently and even competing on the world stage:

https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

https://www.nairaland.com/2690726/looking-top-30-richest-nigerians

https://www.nairaland.com/2671323/anambra-students-win-science-exhibition

https://www.nairaland.com/503406/nigerian-student-achieves-best-2010

https://www.nairaland.com/2613463/igbos-most-brilliant-black-african
The full study can be found here:
http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

https://www.nairaland.com/2614116/uzoamaka-aduba-wins-emmy-role#38226903

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle. 

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri. 
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c. 

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo

8 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 8:05am On Nov 11, 2015
EternalTruths:

You keep making the mistake of thinking that Biafra is a PDP affair

Biafra is the cry of an oppressed people

Talk to your masters up North and side West to address the anti Igbo actions cool

This time around Biafra is the call of a man who does not even live in Nigeria let alone Igboland.

His children and wife are safe in the UK while he watches over the sons of others being killed.

The man is crazy and just like Hitler has been able to get the blind and jobless to follow him. Just like Hitler he will be stopped.

The truth is that any oppression of Igbos in Igboland has been due to their own IGBO leaders. They won't hold them to task though or protest against them but they would rather blame those in a different region that really have no say in the running of their home state.

6 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by cmoneke: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Power is transient.

My brother u sound like a well educated lad but. A word of advice wen u won't ppl to listen to ur opinion don't start by insulting them ur too For that ok, d Igbo ppl crying for biafra I believe they started it long ago nt Bc of pmb 4 years back they close down d naija bridge in anambra Bc of if ok pls get ur facts bf coming online to startup a topic likewise today these is about 6month now pmb got on sit d igbos r crying for wat belong to them have u been to aba, anambra, eboni, n imo state all d federal gov road r too bad do they expect d state gov to work d road d ppl of south east a tired n marginalised in every part of d country I sch in kebbi state uni I can tell u we r not one in dis country were d south south n south east will pay sch fees of about 90k in front ur money will be given to there ppl as pocket money n d non nigeria (niger) ppl will pay 95k lol so so funny d truth is we all no d igbos have suffered in dis country call nigeria we built our region after d war of 1966 individual ppl not fedral gov but we can see wat is going on in d north east fedral gov has pumped a lot of fund to rebuild so we in d south east a fouls abi pls I no biafra won't come to pass Bc I don't won't it but let's call a spade a spade we need pmb to look to d southeast ppl problem if we r one as they say n for u 2nd nija bridge my brother as gukluck didn't finish it Bc he sign d contract which was still on going bf pmb got into power so why did he withdrow d funds for d construction of d bridge lol so Bc d southeast didn't vote for he so he will destroy d region abi there is God ooo sign out.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2015
Call for Biafra from.now till they kingdom come, it can never come.

We have said it repeatedly and we are saying it again that the easiest way out of Nigeria is the continuous call for confederacy or regionalism that should be supported by SE, SW, SS and NC.

With that numerical strength we can achieve it.

Based on the strength built from confederacy or regionalism, it will be very easy for any confederate or region to pull out.

With all the name calling of the y1bos, who is ready to build any bridge with them. They are in for a long haul and they should not waste their energy at the beginning on a meaningless marching around neighbourhoods like zombies.

This calls for intellectual warfare and highest level of diplomacy and manoeuvre.

Do they have that to see through this cause ? Capital NO. They have never demonstrated having that in any part of history books.

4 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

It doesn't matter if Igbos are calling for Biafra because Jonathan lost or because the colour of the Moon has changed. The important thing here is that if the over 40 million Igbo nation decide for whatever reason to leave Nigeria, a British contraption they were forced into, then nobody has the right to tell them otherwise.

Many many Igbos still believe in Nigeria if you don't know.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that all Igbos are shouting Biafra.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by illiad: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2015
I hope Buhari listens to the voices on the streets...

And if not, then let him roll the tanks... Biafra is
our life, our identity and meaning. And though
years may roll over years until Biafra comes, there
would be no peace for the Igbo & Nigeria until they
both part ways.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2015
cmoneke:

My brother u sound like a well educated lad but. A word of advice wen u won't ppl to listen to ur opinion don't start by insulting them ur too For that ok, d Igbo ppl crying for biafra I believe they started it long ago nt Bc of pmb 4 years back they close down d naija bridge in anambra Bc of if ok pls get ur facts bf coming online to startup a topic likewise today these is about 6month now pmb got on sit d igbos r crying for wat belong to them have u been to aba, anambra, eboni, n imo state all d federal gov road r too bad do they expect d state gov to work d road d ppl of south east a tired n marginalised in every part of d country I sch in kebbi state uni I can tell u we r not one in dis country were d south south n south east will pay sch fees of about 90k in front ur money will be given to there ppl as pocket money n d non nigeria (niger) ppl will pay 95k lol so so funny d truth is we all no d igbos have suffered in dis country call nigeria we built our region after d war of 1966 individual ppl not fedral gov but we can see wat is going on in d north east fedral gov has pumped a lot of fund to rebuild so we in d south east a fouls abi pls I no biafra won't come to pass Bc I don't won't it but let's call a spade a spade we need pmb to look to d southeast ppl problem if we r one as they say n for u 2nd nija bridge my brother as gukluck didn't finish it Bc he sign d contract which was still on going bf pmb got into power so why did he withdrow d funds for d construction of d bridge lol so Bc d southeast didn't vote for he so he will destroy d region abi there is God ooo sign out.

How can you be lying openly like this?

Which region did you built on your own? Did FGN not pay the Eastern Region of then all the allocations saved up for 3years.

was there a time when FGN refused to pay allocations to your state?

These people and there lies sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2015
xtrorse:
Point of order! Igbos made no mistake in voting GEJ. If the elections are conducted again with all things being equal the same pattern of voting will still occur.
No apologies!

Do well to report back to those you maybe fronting for that your mission was DOA.

Father Mbaka to 'One Nigeria' Igbo Proponents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTF4Unrot0A
"If Nigeria cannot be 'One Nigeria' let us divide...If it divides some Igbo people will like to be Hausa. Of course, you know that...
So everyone should go to where he wants to go to.
There are some Igbo people who don't have a hut in their father's land but have 10 storey buildings in Lagos and Abuja.
Have you seen an Hausa man with upstairs in Igboland...even a hut?"

Ok, since we decided to give Jonathan all our votes, let us also accept the consequences of our decision.

Politics is a game of numbers and two zones can NEVER defeat four.

Simple.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
illiad:
I hope Buhari listens to the voices on the streets...

And if not, then let him roll the tanks... Biafra is
ourmy life, our identity and meaning. And though
years may roll over years until Biafra comes, there
would be no peace for the Igbo & Nigeria until they
both part ways.

Fixed!

Speak for yourself 'cos I am Igbo too, both parents.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Hizzy:

You no da tire na every minute you de create thread nawaooo

That is why I came back from retirement, to open threads. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by cmoneke: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

How can you be lying openly like this?

Which region did you built on your own? Did FGN not pay the Eastern Region of then all the allocations saved up for 3years.

was there a time when FGN refused to pay allocations to your state?

These people and there lies sha.
Pls be mature pls I didn't say ur lying did I ok pls as ur so educated what is allocation n d meaning of rebuilding n re constructing dis a 2 diff things ok north east were payed there allocation n also fg have put funds to rebuild that region after bokoharam problem ok

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Ok, since we decided to give Jonathan all our votes, let us also accept the consequences of our decision.

Politics is a game of numbers and two zones can NEVER defeat four.

Simple.

It's far honourable to die for a cause than to die as a slave and for nothing in Lord Lugard's cage...

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Exactly, MOST Igbos are NOT shouting Biafra and most Igbos are NOT marching too. It is obvious they are paid protesters for the most part. All are young (probably jobless) men. Where are the women and older people marching? All of the 'protestors' are of the same type. Even when shops were closed don't be surprised that the owners headed home instead of joining any march. If their shops were left open they risk vandalism of their shops that is probably why they shut them.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:
Call for Biafra from.now till they kingdom come, it can never come.

We have said it repeatedly and we are saying it again that the easiest way out of Nigeria is the continuous call for confederacy or regionalism that should be supported by SE, SW, SS and NC.

With that numerical strength we can achieve it.

Based on the strength built from confederacy or regionalism, it will be very easy for any confederate or region to pull out.

With all the name calling of the y1bos, who is ready to build any bridge with them. They are in for a long haul and they should not waste their energy at the beginning on a meaningless marching around neighbourhoods like zombies.

This calls for intellectual warfare and highest level of diplomacy and manoeuvre.

Do they have that to see through this cause ? Capital NO. They have never demonstrated having that in any part of history books.

For those that have eyes to read and enough brains to understand.

Running around shouting Biafra like mad chickens is an exercise in futility.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Exactly, MOST Igbos are NOT shouting Biafra and most Igbos are NOT marching too. It is obvious they are paid protesters for the most part. All are young (probably jobless) men. Where are the women and older people marching? All of the 'protestors' are of the same type. Even when shops were closed don't be surprised that the owners headed home instead of joining any march. If their shops were left open they risk vandalism of their shops that is probably why they shut them.

Very correct!

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by kingzizzy: 8:22am On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Yes there are Igbosveho believes in Nigeria, mostly those born or raised outside Igboland, but they are a very small minority. I would say they are probably less than 10%

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2015
xtrorse:

Mister, you made some good points in your writeup.
Nevertheless, you made a mess of it by being economically with the truth in some areas.

Come to think of this - aside Lagos a former federal capital territory, which SW city is better developed than those in SE?

Have you forgotten that soon after the civil war the wicked hypocrites connived and robbed Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and gave £20 to only those who could prove they had bank accounts?

Remember how the parasitic ingrates proceeded to use the stolen funds to buy up the numerous companies established by the colonial masters, looting the companies and rendering them bankrupt. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to your regions for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

FYI, Imo airport was built by the people of Imo state; almost everyone contributed even little kids to make the airport a reality.

The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade your enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

FYI, the Igbo States are the least affected by the falling crude oil earnings. Go and ask Fayose why Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State.

Feed your eyes and see that a people you defrauded and cheated are doing excellently and even competing on the world stage:

https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made

https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

https://www.nairaland.com/2690726/looking-top-30-richest-nigerians

https://www.nairaland.com/2671323/anambra-students-win-science-exhibition

https://www.nairaland.com/503406/nigerian-student-achieves-best-2010

https://www.nairaland.com/2613463/igbos-most-brilliant-black-african
The full study can be found here:
http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

https://www.nairaland.com/2614116/uzoamaka-aduba-wins-emmy-role#38226903

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am not a mister.

Can read what you highlighted in bold and tell me it is not the truth?

No one is saying they has not been systematic neglect of the SE but we have also neglected our own region. Especially state governors. We have some of the most selfish governors. It is only now that we have one or two good ones.

For many years successive state government have collected allocation and produced substandard roads that do not last. Many will just use substandard materials in everything to be able to pocket the money.

While states like Cross River and Akwa Ibom have been able to churn out good roads and create tourist hubs due to a continuity of leadership that had the good of the states as a consideration.

Because of a lack of good leaders and the general selfish nature of Igbos once in positions of responsibility most Igbos will not support the idea of Biafra at this point.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2015
cmoneke:

Pls be mature pls I didn't say ur lying did I ok pls as ur so educated what is allocation n d meaning of rebuilding n re constructing dis a 2 diff things ok north east were payed there allocation n also fg have put funds to rebuild that region after bokoharam problem ok

Who told you there was no rebuilding fund for SE in 1970?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by IAMTHEHERO: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2015
B
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by cmoneke: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

Who told you there was no rebuilding fund for SE in 1970?
N who told u they were funds for se my brother pls check ur facts again ok bf u start. Agument
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Pavore9: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2015
I believe more in restructuring Nigeria into regions with the power at the centre weakened. Let every region stretch themselves intellectually to develop at their own chosen pace as against the feeding bottle federalism that is obtainable today. It will mean that if a region chooses to be lazy, other regions will no longer continue to subsidize them and they are forced to sit up! Regionalism will ginger the spirit of competition to outdo each other in development.

Nigeria today is akin to a school that operates a system that mass promotes its students, so what is the point in studying hard! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram: World Bank Allocates $800m For Rebuilding North East / Food Security Threatened As Floods Destroy Farms / PDP Didn't Postpone Presidential Campaign - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.