Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra (10269 Views)

LIVE UPDATES: What NLC is doing to restrategise for day 2 of strike action / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by jpphilips(m): 11:54am On Nov 11, 2015
author=xtrorse post=39898075]

Mis information will only thrive when people like us are dead, so each time you log on to Nairaland be weary of some usernames that will bury your lies.

Come to think of this - aside Lagos a former federal capital territory, which SW city is better developed than those in SE?

You need to define development, South east has a robust economy no doubt but I ask you, is it not what you are about to destroy with this agitation, what was left of the SE in 1970 after the first agitation? is that what you really want?

When I visit the SE, I see a lot of individual efforts more than I see collective government responsibility being fulfilled, is that what you confuse for development? over 20yrs most places in Enugu rely on tankers for clean water unlike the 80's when the government provided water for everyone through the water board, such collective infrastructures are lacking in the whole of south east not just Enugu.
Enugu and Anambra are the only SE states that can boast of good road network the rest are cesspits of varying degrees of gullies, from Abia to Ebonyi, so why are you confusing individual efforts with development?

That you built your house and I build mine in not development but individual effort, when you start benefiting from Government/cooperative provided low cost houses with Govt/cooperative provided access roads, central sewage, incinerator, electricity and security only then will you feel you are developed, as we chat, one of the most expensive estates in the SE Ngozika estate in Awka lack these amenities that people elsewhere consider as basic yet you call that development, I disagree with you completely.

Have you forgotten that soon after the civil war the wicked hypocrites connived and robbed Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and gave £20 to only those who could prove they had bank accounts?
Remember how the parasitic ingrates proceeded to use the stolen funds to buy up the numerous companies established by the colonial masters, looting the companies and rendering them bankrupt. And that was the beginning of the collapse of the Nigerian economy. Till date the economy is yet to recover.

I am happy that Nnamdi Kanu did not succeed in twisting that part of our history, the Nigerian government won you in battle as such there are consequences in defeat, you now understand why I take out time from my busy schedule to enlighten people who are willing to learn on the consequences of their agitation, you don't go to battle and lose then expect your life to remain the same, there is agony in defeat you should know better, let me take you on a tour round the world to buttress this situation so you can go and enlighten those urchins that blocked my office yesterday.

Japan today is not allowed to conscript their own soldiers beyond a particular number monitored by the united states who have repackaged the situation as an alliance yet by proxy undermining the sovereignty of Japan, do you have any idea how many military bases the US is maintaining in Japan? as at today, the US has 3 airforce bases (Kadena, Misowa and Yokota), 3 Army bases (camp zana, forte burtner and Tori station), 13 marine corps bases (courtney, fuji Gonsalves etc) and 4 Naval bases.

Can you see clearly that Japan is Under US occupation militarily (what Nnamdi Kanu will call military bondage) never mind their level of development and accomplishments, do you think the Japanese will not want to return to the pre WW2 era when they had a military that could match the US, soldier to soldier, combat to combat? today they have lost that privilege thanks to their defeat at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Let me take you to South America, since Argentina was defeated in the Falkland conflict, the Argentine Government is denied of all the revenues accrual from that prosperous Island that originally belongs to them as a matter of fact, they are behind a territorial marker set by the British, Argentina MUST seek the permission of the British to use or Visit an Island that originally belonged to them that is the agony of defeat.

Lets go to the Middle east, since Palestine never won Israel in any of their recent conflicts, West bank and Gaza strip has remained under perpetual occupation and subjugation, it is so bad that as little as food rations and medicines has to be approved by Israel before the people of Palestine will feed, that is the Agony of defeat.

Let us go to Europe, I need not say much here but for the sake of enlightenment, below are the conditions given to the Germans after their WW1 defeat, the document is called, treaty of Versailles, Nnamdi Kanu doesn't know this much I suppose.

1) Germany had to accept the Blame for starting the war (Clause 231). This was vital because it provided the justification for harsh treatments
2) Germany had to pay £6,600 million (called Reparations) for the damage done during the war.
3) Germany was forbidden to have submarines or an air force. She could have a navy of only six battleships, and an Army of just 100,000 men. In addition, Germany was not allowed to place any troops in the Rhineland, the strip of land, 50 miles wide, next to France.
4). Germany lost Territory (land) in Europe (see map, below). Germany’s colonies were given to Britain and France.
(Also, Germany was forbidden to join the League of Nations, or unite with Austria.)
5) SAAR coal fields was given to France to operate for 15yrs
6) Poland will be given a corridor into the Baltic cutting off East prussia from Germany
7) Posen a very rich farm land given to Poland
cool Danzig will be owned by the League of Nations (our modern day United nations)
9) Alsace Lorraine will be given to France free
10) Eupen and Malmedy will be given to Belgium free
11) North Shelswig given to Denmark free
12) Germany was not allowed to unite with Austria which leaves Germany as a tiny, land locked desolate piece of land

You see young man, Nnamdi Kanu is feasting on the ignorance of most of you, can you compare what US did to Japan or what the League of Nations did to Germany with your 20 pounds saga?

If Biafra was Japan, Imagine if Nigeria sends military administrators to rule over all the states in Biafra with military bases everywhere to ensure you guys don't cough, for your importation business and the likes, you must seek permission from Nigeria before you can do that, how would you feel? japan has lived through that agony for over 50yrs.

If Germany was Biafra, can you imagine Half of Biafra land will be seeded to Cameroon and the rest given to Benin Republic, how would you feel? Germany lived through that between 1914-1948, matter of fact the wall of Berlin actually fell in 1991, can you extrapolate the agony of the Germans in such situation? that is the Agony of defeat, in your case you were given 20pounds and you are complaining, bros, it could have been worse, Nnamdi Kanu knowing that you have no idea the terms of the Versailles treaty, sold you the 20pounds saga and you hated Nigeria for it, that is what propaganda does to minds that are not enlightened.

I have written here severally that Nigeria will take all your properties in Nigeria if you get Biafra, a lot of people don't believe me do you know why, because they are not enlightened enough to read the land use act of 1978. That law gives Nigeria the legal Justification to do that and not even United Nations will fault that, be careful what you wish for because very few of you can actually see the end of your Biafra Journey.

Instead of developing the Eastern region after the war subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to your regions for rapid development while neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region.

FYI, Imo airport was built by the people of Imo state; almost everyone contributed even little kids to make the airport a reality.

You claim Igbos are the most developed yet you beg for development again, are you not speaking from the two compasses of your mouth?
Instead of brooding about who will develop you, why wont Igbos synergize to form a common political front that will project the Igbo interest beyond umbrages? afterall, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Nwafor orizu were all igbos who operated at the highest level of governance in Nigeria, go back to that formula and you will get what you deserve, how do you expect a government you are rebelling against to help you?
How many votes did you give to Buhari to help you? Jonathan a Biafran (by Nnamdi Kanu's conjecture) you supported fully, what did he do to develop you?
If your own brother can not develop you, is it anarchy you will use to get your enemy to develop you? at what point will Igbos realize that Jonathan was a failed project, dust themselves up and re strategize on how to define their interest around APC?

Pushing for Biafra will be both political and geographical suicide, don't say I did not warn you guys!!

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

I keep asking for evidence of the threat or stating they will 'install' someone. Just cut and paste it here that's all.

I agree people should not call Lagos a no man's land but being a former capital, people from all tribes do call it home. I think Lagos should never have been made the capital. This is why the move for fct was a good idea.

Consult google for the evidence.

DO you think the Gwaris will allow you to call FCT a no man's land? You are very funny. It seems the word FCT is deceiving you.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by seguun(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2015
I proposed a practical solutions to the ibos presidency issue before the elections by creating the thread below but I was attacked.
https://www.nairaland.com/1494241/surest-card-southeast-grab-presidency
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Pavore9: 11:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

You sound very reasonable and I will be too within the context of practicality of the biafran dream.

The dream is achievable but no matter the level of madness ou think you have, you can never achieve it alone. You will only succeed in ringing more misery to your land. What is the way forward?

There should be a constructive alliances and bridge building across SE, SW, SS and NC. This was built in 2011 for GEJ's election. The alliance should demand confederacy or regionalism. We should put it to vote and based on the population, I am sure it will sail through.

After 5-7years, the alliance can agree to pullout of the confederacy individually.

Without this strategy, any agitation is a mere early morning exercise.

l totally agree with you on this. Going regional is the best first step then productivity will now been seen in a different light. A region that is not keen on developing its own human capital will have itself to blame! You can't stubbornly stick to child marriages and still expect other regions to be supplying you female doctors and nurses. When there is dearth in female medical practitioners and they have to pay through their nose to attract these personnel to their regions they would be forced to rethink their ways!

We should reach out to other regions and the certainty of achieving our aim will be much higher.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:
I don't think it is about Jonathan losing the election but the anti-Igbo sentiment which happened around that time. Although there is a long history of it there was a straw that broke the camels back. The utterances of the Oba and Buhari's 5% remarks basically confirmed to Igbos that they will always be considered underfoot.

There is often a general sentiment that Igbos are second class citizens in Nigeria ( not withstanding the few tokens). There is also a belief that an Igbo will never be president and this is without considering there may be some fitting candidates but their Igbo heritage discounts them in the minds of people.

I too believe that the call for Biafra is unnecessary and it is Igboland that is suffering. The reawakening towards the east should have been used more constructively.
What is happening now is a wasted opportunity.

If you feel perpetually unequal in a society you look for somewhere else to call home. Nigeria has ignored that feeling of both the Igbos and the oil producing tribes for too long.

I'm proudly Nigerian and would rather see genuine conciliation than any Biafra. Aside the Nigeria issue Igbos themselves need to tell themselves the truth about their own Igbo leaders and how they have woefully neglected their states and how Igbo businessmen have rejected the idea of building up their region to the point that they may look down on someone who has not gone to Lagos or Abuja to invest or do business. Igbos have to look at their own mentality too. It's very easy to lump all the blame on the rest of Nigeria but they lie to themselves if they do that.

Nigeria respects igbo, the problems of the igbo is with the igbo. We all know the igbo masses hate the other tribe so how can we trust an igbo leader? We all know of the arrogance and insults smeared in our faces, how come you expect to be respected. If the igbo can look within and change these things we will all be fine, the yorubas dont have time to be witch hunting, but we will protect ourselves from someone who is perceived as an enemy. You call a whole group of people betrayers, cowards, dirty, animals, monkeys and baboons living in the zoo, saying you will kill all, you own our land and you expect some sort of quiet or support of any igbo aims, anyone who doesnt resist disrespect has a mental problem.

If there will be any support for igbos in this country and in the near future, it will be as a result of them changing their hateful ways without that, no igbo man will ever smell great political power to make profound change for his people.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feraz:
Of recent, I have seen you also agree that Nigeria is a 'zoo' in some of your comments. I thought you were pro-Nigerian?

Lmao @ pro-Nigerian. Pro-what again? I'm pro-black and pro-Africa. I've never been pro-Nigerian, apart from the fact that I support Super Eagles and other Nigerian sports. Heck, I got my first Nigerian passport in 2010 and that was after paying some obese man some loose change. And I doubt I'll renew it cos it's useless apart from when travelling to Nigeria. grin

I'm Yoruba. I agree that Nigeria is a zoo and that the country is doomed, hence I understand the revolutionary idea behind Biafra. Nigeria wasn't created for black folks to thrive - it was a British experiment to bring protectorates together for easy/central administration for exploitation. So why should black folks be the ones to make an experiment that wasn't meant to be work?

We just can't stay keeping the dark legacies of colonialism alive, while destroying our own future. We're better off as neigbhours.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

Consult google for the evidence.

DO you think the Gwaris will allow you to call FCT a no man's land? You are very funny. It seems the word FCT is deceiving you.

FCT is land sold to the gov which is why it was a good idea as a capital for all.

If someone buys my house my children can not still claim it to be theirs can they?

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Pavore9:

l totally agree with you on this. Going regional is the best first step then productivity will now been seen in a different light. A region that is not keen on developing its own human capital will have itself to blame! You can't stubbornly stick to child marriages and still expect other regions to be supplying you female doctors and nurses. When there is dearth in female medical practitioners and they have to pay through their nose to attract these personnel to their regions they would be forced to rethink their ways!

We should reach out to other regions and the certainty of achieving our aim will be much higher.

God will continue to bless you.

You painted the right picture.

After a while, it will be obvious to all that some confederates are born to be backward and while some are born to be progressives.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Nigeria respects igbo, the problems of the igbo is with the igbo. We all know the igbo masses hate the other tribe so how can we trust an igbo leader? We all know of the arrogance and insults smeared in our faces, how come you expect to be respected. If the igbo can look within and change these things we will all be fine, the yorubas dont have time to be witch hunting, but we will protect ourselves from someone who is perceived as an enemy. You call a whole group of people betrayers, cowards, dirty, animals, monkeys and baboons living in the zoo, saying you will kill all, you own our land and you expect some sort of quiet or support of any igbo aims, anyone who doesnt resist disrespect has a mental problem.

If there will be any support for igbos in this country and in the near future, it will be as a result of them changing their hateful ways without that, no igbo man will ever smell great political power to make profound change for his people.

Nigeria does not respect the Igbo as a tribe. Individuals maybe but not on a tribal level.

If Igbos are percieved as an enemy, I assume you are a supporter of Biafra.

Let them go then if they are never to be in a position of power and are hated. Why not support their leaving then? Igbos don't hate all other tribes.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

FCT is land sold to the gov which is why it was a good idea as a capital for all.

If someone buys my house my children can not still claim it to be theirs can they?

Bought from whom? Who did they made the payment to?

They only relocated the inhabitants. IT was very easy for FG to do that because of the minute population of the Gwaris. If they take FG to court, it does not dispute the fact that the land is their forefathers land and by extension theirs.

Believe the FCT nonsense and build there at your peril.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

They only relocated the inhabitants. IT was very easy for FG to do that because of the minute population of the Gwaris. If they take FG to court, it does not dispute the fact that the land is their forefathers land and by extension theirs.

Are you saying that if you have the opportunity you will never build outside SW?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER

Let me ask you a few questions.

Let's say, an Igbo becomes the president of Nigeria, and everyone under him are Igbos, how will that change the lives of the poor Igbos folks scattered all over Nigeria, struggling to survive? How did OBJ ruling change the lives of poor Yoruba folks? Northerners have ruled Nigeria since forever, and are back there now, how has that changed the lives of the dirt poor and illiterate Northerners? GEJ just finished his tenure - how did that change the lives of folks from his village?

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by gunpoint(m): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
trapQ:
are you always this stup!d or is it only on Wednesdays??

go and die, moronic bastard.
All your village ancestors moronic, hence how you came to be a bastard.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Super1Star: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you saying that if you have the opportunity you will never build outside SW?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

For me to own 1 house outside SW, I must have built 5 in SW.

Nigeria is a time bomb.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by trapQ: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
unfortunately I don't converse with mad schizophrenic senile cows who are in dire need of psychiatric rehabilitation. I can smell your filth from two planets away.

GET LOST. last time I'm reading or replying a slowpoke in your person.
gunpoint:

All your village ancestors moronic, hence how you came to be a bastard.
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Scholes007(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

The war ended in 1970 and FG constructed roads in the 70s as part of the rebuilding process.

Tell us one road the Drunken Master of Otuoke completed in SE. Please do not mention 2NB here.
we are too quick to shout roads without thinking of other areas. Ebonyi is one of the states in nigeria that lack federal presence in all aspects especially education, and the person you called otuoke master was the one that recognised how important education is and how the state has been found wanting in this area he built a standard federal university in the state. I could remember when i was living with my grand mother at the earliest stage my life in afikpo, she was a rice farmer. she will tell me there are sharing fertilizer lets go get some fertilizer... After standing for hours we normally return with very little fertilizer which will not be enough to cultivate for even 1/100 of her farm. But now i don't think many of these farmers complain much or stand that much to get such little amount of fertilizer again. Then we come to power, tell me was there much functional power installation and infrastructure including power grids in the east? Am not saying it is at its best but there was a significant presence of federal govt in this area or do you disprove that. Lets talk about roads visually all major federal roads in SE/SS Was approved by him for reconstruction.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by gunpoint(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
trapQ:
unfortunately I don't converse with mad schizophrenic senile cows who are in dire need of psychiatric rehabilitation. I can smell your filth from two planets away.

GET LOST. last time I'm reading or replying a slowpoke in your person.
When you bring it but can't take it, you reinforce the notion that you are a bastard who cows at the slightest sign of confrontation.
Sabi na so i jejely dey my own you carry your gutter akpu mouth come insult me?
Psychopathic idio.t

In the quest for this biafra you guys talk about, you have made enemies of everyone with a contrary view, calling people animals and a country people lay there lives on the line for on a daily basis a zoo.

Who is the animal now?
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by trapQ: 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
@ gunpoint

just to be clear, I didn't read whatever nonsense you typed. I don't feel my mind with loads of thrash from insane people. I like to keep a healthy mind.

grin
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by trapQ: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
@ gunpoint

just to be clear, I didn't read whatever nonsense you typed. I don't fill my mind with loads of thrash from insane people. I like to keep a healthy mind.

grin
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by londoner: 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

Please read up on the history of Abuja. You can read up on Altai Suleiman Bara and the Emirate council that gave the land to FG for the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja was also created by decree.

Does it mean there are no indigenous people? No, but Abuja is now Federal Territory.

I do feel the FG need to do more than they have done so far for the indigenous people though.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by gunpoint(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
trapQ:
@ gunpoint

just to be clear, I didn't read whatever nonsense you typed. I don't feel my mind with loads of thrash from insane people. I like to keep a healthy mind.

grin
If you been dey yor lane like brt, or approached the issue with so measure of decorum, i for ignore you. But this new found need of igbos to be combative and caustic in every conversation is just fvcking grating on my nerves.

Moral of the story?
Maintain your lane
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
chrisbaba1:
[size=4pt]Nigeria respects igbo, the problems of the igbo is with the igbo. We all know the igbo masses hate the other tribe so how can we trust an igbo leader? We all know of the arrogance and insults smeared in our faces, how come you expect to be respected. If the igbo can look within and change these things we will all be fine, the yorubas dont have time to be witch hunting, but we will protect ourselves from someone who is perceived as an enemy. You call a whole group of people betrayers, cowards, dirty, animals, monkeys and baboons living in the zoo, saying you will kill all, you own our land and you expect some sort of quiet or support of any igbo aims, anyone who doesnt resist disrespect has a mental problem.

If there will be any support for igbos in this country and in the near future, it will be as a result of them changing their hateful ways without that, no igbo man will ever smell great political power to make profound change for his people.[/size]

xtrorse:
Can you post ANY evidence where a prominent Igbo personality insulted or maligned your father or race?

Which ethnic group have built a better bridge than the Igbos who have exhibited more 'Nigerianness' by permeating every nook and cranny of Nigeria, peacefully building and establishing business empires, and growing the economy of the locals and that of the country at large, and some of them even getting married to the locals?

In the 90s, the NADECO's unlicensed and inciting Radio Kudirat was hitting the airwaves, did any of your elites condemn it?

Before the 2015 general elections, did you condemn the highly inciting Radio Chanji in the North?

Between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani who makes lousy, provoking noise and propaganda using every available media outfit?

In the build up to the 2015 general elections certain people made careless and careless utterances thereby heating up the polity. Is any of them Igbo

The likes of FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters who heated the polity with their utterances, is any of them Igbo?

Ever since you were born, have you seen or heard anywhere Igbos are on rampage, killing people and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

How many of your elites dare challenge the Hausa-Fulani-Kanuris or Yorubas for their unjust ways? How many of you dare counter the numerous killings and destruction of lives and properties that have been occurring for many decades in the North unabated? 

The Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have over the century propagated despicable, hate speeches in their mosques and still execute the unconscionable, cold-hearted waste of human lives and reckless destruction of means of livelihoods in the North and Middle-belt. And they now have the presidency while the backstabbing Yorubas vice-presidency! Such a misnomer can only happen in the jungle! 

A number of Yorubas even go to the extent of carrying wicked lies about how Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have been peace-loving and accommodative; that it's the Igbos that always provoke their hosts in the North warranting the pogrom and other heinous crimes against the Igbos.
Yet in the same North and the Middle-belt the Christian minorities and other Southerners are maltreated, relegated to the background and even killed.

You say that Igbos are arrogant, and that they don't respect their hosts while you subtly proclaim that the Hausa-Fulanis are peace-loving and accommodative. You don’t like Igbos but you still fought and killed them to be in this fraudulent union where your likes are favoured by the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity. 
And your people even had the effrontery to castigate Igbos for seeking a self-determination! 

Many of you hold the view that Igbos should be grateful for being allowed to live in their part of the country, in the same 'One Nigeria'! You say Igbos disrespect and denigrate their host when Igbos choose to exercise their franchise right. And you don't seem to see anything wrong in Oba Akiolu's threat to drown Igbos in the Lagos lagoon if they fail to vote for his anointed candidate! The same threat was backed by many Yorubas including Dr Ariyo in the US who even called for genocide.

IGBOS HATE NOBODY EXCEPT YOU ARE A SWORN ENEMY TO TRUTH, JUSTICE AND EQUITY.
At the 2015 presidential election Igbos only exercised their franchise right just like other tribes.

If Igbos are the promoters of hate in Nigeria, can anyone tell us any instance where Igbos go about causing mayhem, killing and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

It's only mischievous bigots in the society that turn blind eye to the evil and injustice, and permit the atrocities to flourish in the land because they gain from the lopsided arrangement in the polity. 

GENESIS OF HATRED IN NIGERIA

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State, threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011:  ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 
http://expressng.com/2015/04/video-oba-rilwan-akiolu-threatening-igbos-in-lagos/
Oba Rilwane Akiolu of Lagos to Igbos - Vote APC or Perish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by VickJames(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
Many of you insulting the igbo leaders should better shut it. You think it is easy to develop a state from the ruins of civil war to whatever it is at the moment? though these leaders have ate money one way or the other but you will not blame them most of the time. you want anambra state to be economical viable like lagos state when the state cannot boast of more than 1.2billion naira per month from the federal purse, what can you do with such amount of money? anambra state's earning cannot encourage world bank to lend her money because they are not sure if they will be able to pay back.

some of you even went ahead to insult igbo businessmen; is it your money? do you have any right to insult them about what they do with their money or what not? they went to lagos to hustle and made it, now you want to form patriotic and do business at home. which businessman does business out of patriotism? you all should understand that its all about profit making when it comes to business. igboland doesnt give them the kind of environment that will boost their businesses but Lagos has the capacity.

the only way out of this mess is to run the east as if it is not part of this country and get people to invest in key areas which will sporadically open up other areas of the region. the people clamouring for biafra are right, if you cannot find anything tangible to call your own in a country, why call it your country?

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by theDEVILisHERE: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Ok, since we decided to give Jonathan all our votes, let us also accept the consequences of our decision.

Politics is a game of numbers and two zones can NEVER defeat four.

Simple.

this post shows the mentality of a slave

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by theDEVILisHERE: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
xtrorse:

Someone's writeup:

In saner climes the great evils and injustices being perpetrated by the born-to-rule bigots and their Southern stooges can never be tolerated or cordoned; the whites can't tolerate such display of arrogance. Pray, tell, a country that is managing evils and injustices, and is still experiencing development?

If for over 50 years of waiting and hoping for a better Nigeria have been fruitless with so many innocent people being sacrificed and still being sacrificed then it proved that the Nigerian project cannot work.
Britain made a fundamental error to join strange bedfellows - ethnic nationalities who have different aspirations and irreconcilable value systems. Keeping quiet and docile and feigning ignorance of the grave situation in the polity is a greater evil itself.

India, Pakistan and Bangladesh were once a country created by the same British. Knowing that they cannot stay put together because India is predominantly Hindu, Pakistan Muslim and Bangladesh was more or less poor, they had to seek their separate nations.
The earlier the reality is dawned on the citizenry to do the needful the better for everyone.
Many confused fellows main wish is for Nigeria to continue to manage staying put in a cesspit, for the sake of false unity of 'One Nigeria'.

Some Southerners are still managing to stay in the North against their wish. Some are there to answer the national call, and have ended up getting swallowed up in the bloodshed and carnage of the day.

Many Southern stooges believe the only way to allow our ethnic diferences work in Nigeria is to allow the Feudal Islamic Fulanis rape your women, kill your children, pillage your land, destroy your ecosystem, put an emirate on your land and then convert you to their murderous, blood-thirsty religion of Islam. Biafrans are the only ones who have resisted the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba slaves (who have met the conditions for peace already by having Emir imposed on them in their land).

Biafrans can never meet the Hausa-Fulanis conditions for One Nigeria, and Hausa-Fulanis do not desire a Nigeria free of injustice. There can't be peace with feudals wanting to rule over Republicans forever.

One truth you must take note is that Biafrans do not make good slaves. The whites can bear you witness.

Very very correct

Most "niggas in the area" slaves will not understand this because they are slaves

A slave cannot reason properly
Hence he/she's enslavement and their desire for it to continue

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
jpphilips:
[size=4pt]Mis information will only thrive when people like us are dead, so each time you log on to Nairaland be weary of some usernames that will bury your lies.

You need to define development, South east has a robust economy no doubt but I ask you, is it not what you are about to destroy with this agitation, what was left of the SE in 1970 after the first agitation? is that what you really want?

When I visit the SE, I see a lot of individual efforts more than I see collective government responsibility being fulfilled, is that what you confuse for development? over 20yrs most places in Enugu rely on tankers for clean water unlike the 80's when the government provided water for everyone through the water board, such collective infrastructures are lacking in the whole of south east not just Enugu.
Enugu and Anambra are the only SE states that can boast of good road network the rest are cesspits of varying degrees of gullies, from Abia to Ebonyi, so why are you confusing individual efforts with development?

That you built your house and I build mine in not development but individual effort, when you start benefiting from Government/cooperative provided low cost houses with Govt/cooperative provided access roads, central sewage, incinerator, electricity and security only then will you feel you are developed, as we chat, one of the most expensive estates in the SE Ngozika estate in Awka lack these amenities that people elsewhere consider as basic yet you call that development, I disagree with you completely.

I am happy that Nnamdi Kanu did not succeed in twisting that part of our history, the Nigerian government won you in battle as such there are consequences in defeat, you now understand why I take out time from my busy schedule to enlighten people who are willing to learn on the consequences of their agitation, you don't go to battle and lose then expect your life to remain the same, there is agony in defeat you should know better, let me take you on a tour round the world to buttress this situation so you can go and enlighten those urchins that blocked my office yesterday.

Japan today is not allowed to conscript their own soldiers beyond a particular number monitored by the united states who have repackaged the situation as an alliance yet by proxy undermining the sovereignty of Japan, do you have any idea how many military bases the US is maintaining in Japan? as at today, the US has 3 airforce bases (Kadena, Misowa and Yokota), 3 Army bases (camp zana, forte burtner and Tori station), 13 marine corps bases (courtney, fuji Gonsalves etc) and 4 Naval bases.

Can you see clearly that Japan is Under US occupation militarily (what Nnamdi Kanu will call military bondage) never mind their level of development and accomplishments, do you think the Japanese will not want to return to the pre WW2 era when they had a military that could match the US, soldier to soldier, combat to combat? today they have lost that privilege thanks to their defeat at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Let me take you to South America, since Argentina was defeated in the Falkland conflict, the Argentine Government is denied of all the revenues accrual from that prosperous Island that originally belongs to them as a matter of fact, they are behind a territorial marker set by the British, Argentina MUST seek the permission of the British to use or Visit an Island that originally belonged to them that is the agony of defeat.

Lets go to the Middle east, since Palestine never won Israel in any of their recent conflicts, West bank and Gaza strip has remained under perpetual occupation and subjugation, it is so bad that as little as food rations and medicines has to be approved by Israel before the people of Palestine will feed, that is the Agony of defeat.

Let us go to Europe, I need not say much here but for the sake of enlightenment, below are the conditions given to the Germans after their WW1 defeat, the document is called, treaty of Versailles, Nnamdi Kanu doesn't know this much I suppose.

1) Germany had to accept the Blame for starting the war (Clause 231). This was vital because it provided the justification for harsh treatments
2) Germany had to pay £6,600 million (called Reparations) for the damage done during the war.
3) Germany was forbidden to have submarines or an air force. She could have a navy of only six battleships, and an Army of just 100,000 men. In addition, Germany was not allowed to place any troops in the Rhineland, the strip of land, 50 miles wide, next to France.
4). Germany lost Territory (land) in Europe (see map, below). Germany’s colonies were given to Britain and France.
(Also, Germany was forbidden to join the League of Nations, or unite with Austria.)
5) SAAR coal fields was given to France to operate for 15yrs
6) Poland will be given a corridor into the Baltic cutting off East prussia from Germany
7) Posen a very rich farm land given to Poland
cool Danzig will be owned by the League of Nations (our modern day United nations)
9) Alsace Lorraine will be given to France free
10) Eupen and Malmedy will be given to Belgium free
11) North Shelswig given to Denmark free
12) Germany was not allowed to unite with Austria which leaves Germany as a tiny, land locked desolate piece of land

You see young man, Nnamdi Kanu is feasting on the ignorance of most of you, can you compare what US did to Japan or what the League of Nations did to Germany with your 20 pounds saga?

If Biafra was Japan, Imagine if Nigeria sends military administrators to rule over all the states in Biafra with military bases everywhere to ensure you guys don't cough, for your importation business and the likes, you must seek permission from Nigeria before you can do that, how would you feel? japan has lived through that agony for over 50yrs.

If Germany was Biafra, can you imagine Half of Biafra land will be seeded to Cameroon and the rest given to Benin Republic, how would you feel? Germany lived through that between 1914-1948, matter of fact the wall of Berlin actually fell in 1991, can you extrapolate the agony of the Germans in such situation? that is the Agony of defeat, in your case you were given 20pounds and you are complaining, bros, it could have been worse, Nnamdi Kanu knowing that you have no idea the terms of the Versailles treaty, sold you the 20pounds saga and you hated Nigeria for it, that is what propaganda does to minds that are not enlightened.

I have written here severally that Nigeria will take all your properties in Nigeria if you get Biafra, a lot of people don't believe me do you know why, because they are not enlightened enough to read the land use act of 1978. That law gives Nigeria the legal Justification to do that and not even United Nations will fault that, be careful what you wish for because very few of you can actually see the end of your Biafra Journey.

You claim Igbos are the most developed yet you beg for development again, are you not speaking from the two compasses of your mouth?
Instead of brooding about who will develop you, why wont Igbos synergize to form a common political front that will project the Igbo interest beyond umbrages? afterall, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Nwafor orizu were all igbos who operated at the highest level of governance in Nigeria, go back to that formula and you will get what you deserve, how do you expect a government you are rebelling against to help you?
How many votes did you give to Buhari to help you? Jonathan a Biafran (by Nnamdi Kanu's conjecture) you supported fully, what did he do to develop you?
If your own brother can not develop you, is it anarchy you will use to get your enemy to develop you? at what point will Igbos realize that Jonathan was a failed project, dust themselves up and re strategize on how to define their interest around APC?

Pushing for Biafra will be both political and geographical suicide, don't say I did not warn you guys!!
[/size]

You are one of the folks who come online pontificating with an air of objectivity when in reality they are neither here nor there.

You can use as much verbosity as you like to attempt to cover up your hypocrisy but surely your mission is DOA. Pass this feedback to your backers.
If you feel you can measure up to half of the wit of NK try commanding a counter demonstration in SE and see if you will not be shamed.

But note that the mere thought of Biaf... will continue to cause terrible nightmares, heartaches and madness to enemies and naysayers.

The real enemies of progress are the proponents of the status quo in the Nigerian system, and are accustomed to spreading lies and wicked propaganda. 
Anyone who supports in the smallest ways the sustenance of a criminal system that has only brought shame, waste, killings and backwardness, should be charged with crimes against humanity.

I'm not surprised at your deceitful disposition towards important discourse in the land. You are really living up to what you stand. But one thing is certain, that your continual use of cleverly crafted deceptive words to mischievously divert attention or misrepresent the reality in the land will surely boomerang, sooner than later.

'One Nigeria' is just for self benefit - anybody or tribe who is benefiting from it, be it in civil service, politics and business through monopoly, backed by evil structures put in place by past rulers will not agree that Nigeria should be restructured or otherwise. Many people have been sacrificed and are still being sacrificed to keep Nigeria one at the expense of justice, fairness and equity with crass looting of the treasury holding sway. 

The moment the consciousness of a people is awaken, no abuse or threat can stop them. The road may be long, the process may be costly, some might even pay with their lives, but more than ever important before is that the people want liberty, justice and equity. No man on this planet can hold them back...
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by basilo101: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
those in govt should be strategising, those on the streets should be agitating for biafra, we need both
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by DMerciful(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
You dont get it, we would vote for GEJ vs PBM again if given the opportunity but this is far more than GEJ. The truth is that the conditions that triggered the 1967 Biafran war is ever so prevalent now. Has very little to do with GEJ so be guided undecided
EUROBOMBER:
I personally think that the loud call for Biafra by some misguided few is very unnecessary. Why this hypocrisy? Jonathan arrested a lot of MASSOB members and we didn't have this type of protests.

Jonathan promised that he was going to finish the second Niger bridge before 2015 and he did not do it! Why did Jonathan not build the deep seaport at Ibaka which would definitely positively impact the economy of the east after 5yr The weak ijaw Jonathan quickly removed our own Ihejirika as COAS when the north cried of his excesses against boko haram.

Jonathan is not Igbo; he is ijaw. The ijaws are a highly unreliable and treacherous group of people. The behaviour of edwin clark says it all while on nairaland we have barcanista aka tonyebarcanista. It was barcanista that started the talk of Lower Niger comprising the SS & SE but today he is describing Igbos as land grabbers and expansionists.

Let us be sincere with ourselves, this sudden loud call for Biafra is linked to Jonathan's defeat at the polls otherwise why didn't we use the opportunity when Jonathan was there to actualise Biafra? Why do we now expect Buhari to give us the Biafra?

There is nothing wrong in making mistakes and we should accept that we made a political mistake by voting the weak ijaw man in the person Jonathan. let us begin to reach out to the other big two i.e the north and the west to see how we can produce the next president after Buhari.

And for those of you that hate Buhari so much, you can at least console yourselves with the fact that he will not rule forever.

OBJ was there before, today he is not there, Yar Ardua, GEJ were there before and today they are not there. Buhari is there today and in future, he will not be there so why all this madness?

Power is transient!

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
londoner:

Nigeria does not respect the Igbo as a tribe. Individuals maybe but not on a tribal level.

If Igbos are percieved as an enemy, I assume you are a supporter of Biafra.

Let them go then if they are never to be in a position of power and are hated. Why not support their leaving then? Igbos don't hate all other tribes.

Not supported, not kicked against. Cmon, what can the yoruba really do to help secession? It all lies in the igbo hands to follow the best path for the sucess of their secession, only if it is by inciting violence we would have to do whatever is necessary to protect our people, like you protect yours. Its like a man throwing tantrums in a crowded bus, do what you want to do, but dont touch me, cos im as uncomfortable as you are im only waiting for the right time to alight from this bus called Nigeria, but dont make my time on this bus hell simply because you cant control yourself and be civil

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
chrisbaba1:
[size=4pt]
Not supported, not kicked against. Cmon, what can the yoruba really do to help secession? It all lies in the igbo hands to follow the best path for the sucess of their secession, only if it is by inciting violence we would have to do whatever is necessary to protect our people, like you protect yours. Its like a man throwing tantrums in a crowded bus, do what you want to do, but dont touch me, cos im as uncomfortable as you are im only waiting for the right time to alight from this bus called Nigeria, but dont make my time on this bus hell simply because you cant control yourself and be civil[/size]

Mister, you are neither here nor there. Quit foaming and speaking from both sides of the mouth with your grandstanding which ended up belittling your tribe on a public forum...
Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Xpaz: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
omenka:
The IPOD protesters are nothing more than a bunch of paid TAN thugs re-activated by some sore losers in the PDP. Simple.
go get a life.
Onye Nzuzu

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
xtrorse:

Mister, you are neither here nor there. Quit foaming and speaking from both sides of the mouth with your grandstanding which ended up belittling your tribe on a public forum...

With you, i have no business with. I have my preferences with people i converse with. Move along.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed: FG Exceeding Borrowing Threshold For 2021 / FG Releases ₦2.5 Billion For Deplorable Eleme-One Section Of East West Road / Abia LGA Election: Ikpeazu Casting His Vote Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.