Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Why We Must Support Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Support Biafra (6491 Views)

Why All Young Nigerians Must Support Ipob. / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade / USA To Support Biafra Freedom From Nigeria– Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by pazienza(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
cheruv:

I agree with you
Using the 1967 map, Midwest state, East central state, Rivers state and South Eastern state would secede together after which
1]East central, South Eastern, Anioma and Ahoada division of Rivers state would form Biafra
2]Midwest(excluding Anioma) and Rivers(excluding Ahoada would form whatever they feel like forming

Pazienza,that point you raised is what I realized sometime ago that's why I started the clamor for Anioma state creation. No matter where Anioma is placed(whether SE or SS) the main thing is that the state should be created!
And the only group that can make that happen is we,the SE!! angry

No, the point is that Biafra can only be created using internationally accepted borders, that's my understanding, Obiagu1 would have to throw more light on that.

We would have to use either the 1906 map as seen here:https://www.nairaland.com/1019602/dont-blame-1914-amalgamation-rather

Or the Eastern region map.

If we use the 1906 map, we would have to include the Edoids and Ijaws as the 1906 map represents the current SS and SE.

If we use the 1939 Eastern region map, we lose the Anioma, which is totally unacceptable.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
pazienza:

No, the point is that Biafra can only be created using internationally accepted borders, that's my understanding, Obiagu1 would have to throw more light on that.

We would have to use either the 1906 map as seen here:https://www.nairaland.com/1019602/dont-blame-1914-amalgamation-rather

Or the Eastern region map.

If we use the 1906 map, we would have to include the Edoids and Ijaws as the 1906 map represents the current SS and SE.

If we use the 1939 Eastern region map, we lose the Anioma, which is totally unacceptable.

You are correct.
This is the main reason the Darfur region of Sudan did not join South Sudan despite being christians and constantly attacked by Janja.weed.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by pazienza(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Obiagu1:

You are correct.
This is the main reason the Darfur region of Sudan did not join South Sudan despite being christians and constantly attacked by Janja.weed.

Lol! So nairaland autocorrected your ja.njaweeed to supporter of APC! Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! So nairaland autocorrected your ja.njaweeed to supporter of APC! Lol grin

Yes oo.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by WisdomCanada(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
VickJames:
Everyone should kindly listen:

In 20years time and the introduction of Iran into the oil market, the price of oil will further dwindle because Nigeria is not among the controllers of the market. we will start looking for buyers around the world. the chinese who are our best buyers have run to angola because they now prefer heavy oil to light sweet oil. the only country buying our oil on a large scale is the Indians. so the oil we are all celebrating will later be a burden if we dont play the politics well.

the population of nigeria in the next 20 years will cause more trouble on our resources which i think will not change from thesame oil. the population of nigeria will still skyrocket to 200 million. is it thesame 10 dollars per barrel that will feed the whole country? now, let us ask ourselves and tell ourselves the truth, what other resources do we have that can stay long and feed the whole country? your guess is as good as mine. the only resources that is capable of feeding the country is oil and it can not feed the country in the next 20years. the problem that the south south will face in the next 20years will so much that they might end up begging. this is because after the heavy environmental degradation that will have happened in the region in the next 20years, contaminating their water table and making aquatic life and agriculture difficult to grow, they will now be at the mercy of the region who said resource control is a sin.

the sea is coming to the south south or have they stopped watching discovery world? the sea is coming and the map of the south south shows that they stretch on the sea, not that a particular part is on the sea, that means when the sea comes, majority of their lands will go underwater, another bad news for them.

the problem about the people in the south south is that they lack the necessary thinking of the future and whenever they become emotional about certain things, i just watch and laugh. The igbos might have this superiority complex and loudmouthedness but they remain the least violent people in this country. they can tell you that they will kill and maim everybody but have they tried any of that? the south south people have what they have to make the igbos partner with them and even support them but they keep shouting that the igbos want their oil.

now lets explain what is happening in the east, we might not have the quantity of oil of export and compete in the outside world. thats no problem, but can that oil fuel the cars and gas fuel the gas cookers of every igbo man in the region? yes we have the amount of oil that can keep us from buying oil outside the shores of our country.

Anambra, imo and abia states have oil. enugu has coal (probably one of the largest deposits in the world), ebonyi has been into agriculture for ages and has very deposit of solid minerals and limestone. do you think these states look like states that will end up begging? I've not talked about the anioma side where oil has just be discovered, neither have i talked about the ikwerre and obigbo people that have oil in very large quantities. the igbos are not your problem.

spare parts dealers, cd dealers and other businesses igbo people do doesnt relate to oil. I am just confused.
pls can u marry my sister? Dnt bother abt bride price, this piece uve written is enough wealth. Pls hasten up, just marry my sister.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by VickJames(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2015
WisdomCanada:
pls can u marry my sister? Dnt bother abt bride price, this piece uve written is enough wealth. Pls hasten up, just marry my sister.

lol, hope she is igbo!

igbo or nothing bro

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Ngwaukwu1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
pazienza:

We can get Biafra without Edoids, but that Biafra might not include Anioma . . .

Can you explain why you think that a Biafra without Edoids might not include Anioma? Thanks.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by pazienza(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

Can you explain why you think that a Biafra without Edoids might not include Anioma? Thanks.

New countries are often created using internationally recognized boundaries.

The only period in history the SE and Anioma shared the same administrative unit that didn't involve the Arewa-Oduanistanis was prior to 1906 union of the present SE and SS with the then Lagos colony( ie present day SW) to form colony and protectorate of Southern Nigeria.

If we use the Post 1906 southern Nigeria, we will include the Oduanistanis, which is totally not acceptable, and if we use the Post 1939 boundary which represents Eastern Nigeria, we will exclude the Aniomas.
Check this thread: :https://www.nairaland.com/1019602/dont-blame-1914-amalgamation-rather
to understand more about the pre 1906 southern Nigeria that included just the SS and SE but no SW.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Ngwaukwu1(m): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
pazienza:

New countries are often created using internationally recognized boundaries.

The only period in history the SE and Anioma shared the same administrative unit that didn't involve the Arewa-Oduanistanis was prior to 1906 union of the present SE and SS with the then Lagos colony( ie present day SW) to form colony and protectorate of Southern Nigeria.

If we use the Post 1906 southern Nigeria, we will include the Oduanistanis, which is totally not acceptable, and if we use the Post 1939 boundary which represents Eastern Nigeria, we will exclude the Aniomas.
Check this thread: :https://www.nairaland.com/1019602/dont-blame-1914-amalgamation-rather
to understand more about the pre 1906 southern Nigeria that included just the SS and SE but no SW.

What if the Aniomas vote through a referendum to join the rest of Biafra? Secondly would the post 1939 boundaries you mention include any parts of Southern Camerouns? Thanks.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by pazienza(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

What if the Aniomas vote through a referendum to join the rest of Biafra? Secondly would the post 1939 boundaries you mention include any parts of Southern Camerouns? Thanks.

The 1939 boundaries will include Bamenda province shocked
Oh dear, I never thought of that. I hope that won't make things more complicated than they already are.

Well, if we use the pre 1906 maps, we would avoid the Bamenda complication but we will run straight into the Edoids complication.

On the Aniomas voting via referendum to join us, I guess that is possible, but knowing Arewa-Oduanistans, I wonder her easy that could be.

cc: Obiagu1

Nnaa come and throw more light on these things.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
pazienza:

The 1939 boundaries will include Bamenda province shocked
Oh dear, I never thought of that. I hope that won't make things more complicated than they already are.

Well, if we use the pre 1906 maps, we would avoid the Bamenda complication but we will run straight into the Edoids complication.

On the Aniomas voting via referendum to join us, I guess that is possible, but knowing Arewa-Oduanistans, I wonder her easy that could be.

cc: Obiagu1

Nnaa come and throw more light on these things.

This is why I prefer to say 1960 map because of Cameroon.
No, Anioma cannot vote in a separate referendum because they were midwest. They'll vote along with the rest of the midwest. Remember, some communities in Southern Cameroon voted to be Nigerians but lost out because they were not separate entities.

1906 map solved all these problems and for that, Edo remains part of Biafra.

cc: Ngwaukwu1

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Ngwaukwu1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Obiagu1:

This is why I prefer to say 1960 map because of Cameroon.
No, Anioma cannot vote in a separate referendum because they were midwest. They'll vote along with the rest of the midwest. Remember, some communities in Southern Cameroon voted to be Nigerians but lost out because they were not separate entities.

1906 map solved all these problems and for that, Edo remains part of Biafra.

cc: Ngwaukwu1

This is very enlightening but does complicate issues as i doubt a lot of the non Igbo speaking peoples, and especially the Edoids, will vote to go with us.

Secondly is our case not slightly different from that of the groups in Southern Cameroun, seeing there were two contending colonial masters in the mix - France and Britain?

Thirdly my understanding is that the current agitation for Biafra is trying to take advantage of the 2007 UN resolutions that apply to Indigenous peoples, which is a new area open to a lot of legal interpretations, which may favour indigenous Igbo groups West of the Niger (the Anioma). What are your thoughts on this?

Cc: pazienza.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Ngwaukwu1:

This is very enlightening but does complicate issues as i doubt a lot of the non Igbo speaking peoples, and especially the Edoids, will vote to go with us.

Secondly is our case not slightly different from that of the groups in Southern Cameroun, seeing there were two contending colonial masters in the mix - France and Britain?

Thirdly my understanding is that the current agitation for Biafra is trying to take advantage of the 2007 UN resolutions that apply to Indigenous peoples, which is a new area open to a lot of legal interpretations, which may favour indigenous Igbo groups West of the Niger (the Anioma). What are your thoughts on this?

Cc: pazienza.

Right now we don't know how they'll vote but I believe strongly that if they are offered a choice to remain in Nigeria or leave, that they will choose the latter.

What's also important is the percentage needed for a Yes vote to carry the day.

As for Southern Cameroon having different colonial masters, I don't think it matters much. What's important is a recognizable border.

I'll use Darfur as an example, they could not leave with South Sudan despite being Christians and fighting alongside the South. What excluded them was the initial international border that put them in the North before North and South were merged else it would amount to the South claiming the North's territory.

So a recognisable border is the key and we had that up till 1906.

cc: pazienza

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by RedPanthar: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Obiagu1:
People get wiser as they grow old.
If there's any growth intellectually in the SS, they should have learnt one thing or another from Nigeria and dangers the future portends.

You have asked for resource control for over how many years now, asking from people that should not, in the first place, be in control of your destiny and your resources.

Unfortunately, there seem to be no wisdom in the SS.
How many of them know how long Nigerian oil are meant to last? If they do, they will know they don't have time. It's either they make full use of their resources now or suffer down the line.

You are asking for 30% from an Hausa man when you can get 100% from Biafra.
There's no wisdom, there is none.

Rather than grow old and get wiser, SS people grow old and get dumber.

What a shallow derogatory response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DG DSS Spotted Yesterday. What A Country! / Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit / Tompolo's Invasion Of Ugborodo Community Under The Over Lordship Of The Olu Of W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.