Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. (7091 Views)

Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / My Wife Need To Prove She Don't Sleep Arround B4 I Can Make Love To Her Again / ‘my Wife Must Swear In My Village To Prove Her Faithfulness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by 5minsmadness: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
To you validation are like incentives. To me, its not!. Never forget, in Nigeria today, money is the highest motivating factor, not kind words. Any incentives that doesn't add a penny to my pocket goes through my right ear, and comes out via the left.

Dude, amidst all what you said you must learn to be very practical in your analysis, THIS IS NIGERIA People tend to work harder when the pay is better than work harder when they're given just kind words of encouragement.

God bless you bro!
People as usual trying to twist words.

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Griffon:

An Incentive is a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something. Validation on the other hand is getting feedback from others that “what I do and what I say matters to you. You hear me. You see me. You think of me. You thank me. You acknowledge my accomplishments. You appreciate my efforts.”

If you cant spot the correlation in the two then I'm sorry I can't help you. Incentives must not always come in money form, get your dictionary and come good on this debate.

Dude don't twist words with me. Kindly re-read what kachisbarbie said because that was the cause of this debate. This was what she said
Kachisbarbie:

If humans don't need validation, why do we have/need promotion at work. Why not sit on your desk, do your work, don't get promoted and convince yourself you're the fhucking best.
Now based on the embolden, I ask you what the end result is in correlation to what kachis.barbie said?.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
The difference is at work we get validated so we can get paid. Promotion means increase in salary, its that simple, but when you get validated by people does it add a single kobo to your account?

I am so not in the mood to do cyberspace argument today. I need energy to validate my man grin

If everything were about "cash"_ we won't have TANGIBLE and INTAGIBLE ASSETS.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I am so not in the mood to do cyberspace argument today. I need energy to validate my man grin

If everything were about "cash"_ we won't have TANGIBLE and INTAGIBLE ASSETS.
Yes! Typical you. I suppose your tangible and intangible assets can not be converted to cash right
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes! Typical you. I suppose your tangible and intangible assets can not be converted to cash right

it really pisses me off to the marrow when you come up with that typical whatever. You don't know me up to cm dear, so drop that shiit.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

it really pisses me off to the marrow when you come up with that typical whatever. You don't know me up to cm dear, so drop that shiit.
Abeg make we hear word joor! tongue The words you spew here, or, the words you've been spewing since we started chatting here is enough for me to have an inkling as to the kind of person you are. You love to dilly dally, give people abstracts and try to play 'the smart girl' but when someone redirect all what you direct at them back to you, you always never seem to like it. This you've shown me countless of times.

So please don't come with at me with that teen drama attitude. grin

5 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Abeg make we hear word joor! tongue The words you spew here, or, the words you've been spewing since we started chatting here is enough for me to have an inkling as to the kind of person you are. You love to dilly dally, give people abstracts and try to play 'the smart girl' but when someone redirect all what you direct at them back to you, you always never seem to like it. This you've shown me countless of times.

So please don't come with at me with that teen drama attitude. grin

Yea. You're definitely the first person I have chatted with in this life or on this forum _ that's why I won't hear word again on this forum?
You talk to someone OFF-LINE, then your brain feeds you to always refer to it ONLINE? I've told you what I wanna tell you, ain't gat much time to dilly dally today.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
To you validation are like incentives. To me, its not!. Never forget, in Nigeria today, money is the highest motivating factor, not kind words. Any incentives that doesn't add a penny to my pocket goes through my right ear, and comes out via the left.

Dude, amidst all what you said you must learn to be very practical in your analysis, THIS IS NIGERIA People tend to work harder when the pay is better than work harder when they're given just kind words of encouragement.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The bolded got me rolling on the floor grin grin grin

If money was the only thing everyone considers an incentive, the world would be worst than it is now and definitely boring. Like very boring!

You mean some words from your parents or from elderly people or from some family members/friends can't and won't move you?

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
iAmCharis:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The bolded got me rolling on the floor grin grin grin

If money was the only thing everyone considers an incentive, the world would be worst than it is now and definitely boring. Like very boring!

You mean some words from your parents or from elderly people or from some family members/friends can't and won't move you?
Dude, I hope you saw in the post you quoted where I bolded "THIS IS NIGERIA" right?

And to answer your questions, words are just words. Be it negative or positive. I hope you get what I'm saying.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Yea. You're definitely the first person I have chatted with in this life or on this forum _ that's why I won't hear word again on this forum?
You talk to someone OFF-LINE, then your brain feeds you to always refer to it ONLINE? I've told you what I wanna tell you, ain't gat much time to dilly dally today.
Well that's left for you and only you to know.

Whether you know it or not (which I doubt you don't) you show aspects or bits of yourself whether offline or online.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Dude, I hope you saw in the post you quoted where I bolded "THIS IS NIGERIA" right?

And to answer your questions, words are just words. Be it negative or positive. I hope you get what I'm saying.
I live in the same Nigeria too.

Well, I get you.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
iAmCharis:
I live in the same Nigeria too.
Well, I get you.
Good.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Good.
Though your stance is 'somehow', let's leave it there.

Ronald4lif Paulina don finally give you leave abi? grin
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by joseph1832(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
iAmCharis:

Since you mentioned it we might as well sought it out. After all, we learn everyday. Please, Lemme hear your thoughts about why you think or believe 'my stance' is somehow.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Sammyblaq(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
The likes of me are not perfect but we are striving towards perfection. I declare myself real not minding my sins... As a man, never despise that low level. Just believe. Every man needs validation. Keep hustling and believe in God.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
Meh whatever. Don't know how I feel about this concept grin
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by MizMyColi(f): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
smiley
Griffon:

I understand where you're coming from with regards to the write-up. We must not wait for validation from people but to try and give it to ourselves.

But then, I only had to pick on you 'cos you missed a line like this ''When you recognize your good traits, you are not being narcissistic. When you praise yourself for your accomplishments, you are not being self-centered. Praising yourself and let the praise you receive from others be the icing on the cake.''

See, the emboldened in same breath is encouraging you to work hard and praise yourself. It isn't informing the public that you're a real man just because you exist instead it's saying a real man is one who has recognized his good traits and is praising himself for his accomplishments.

We would war some day honey, in the meantime, how is your day moving?

My dear you get to a point in life where arguments don't matter to you as much.

Especially around those you love....as long as they're not saying or doing anything stupid.

I understand your angle and while it true that I think I have a superior argument, I rather rest it.

When you're ready to be exposed to the realms I've seen...you'd understand.

You'd understand that all that really matters is being.
That's the mark of our higher calling.

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by gsalvatore: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
Thread for WUSSIES...

As a man you are not suppose to show any sign of weakness. Nobody said it was easy....digesting the content of this thread is as good as messing up your psyche.

its simple...

'' STANDING ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET, LIVING BY YOU CODE OF HONOR AND DUTY, AN BEING A ROCK FOR THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.''

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by itstpia8: 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
I think this thread is for those guys who like opening threads to announce they washed their girfriend's underwear.

otherwise, i dont get the point.

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Since you mentioned it we might as well sought it out. After all, we learn everyday. Please, Lemme hear your thoughts about why you think or believe 'my stance' is somehow.
When we walk the path of life where money is the only incentive, we are at risk of having a hardened mind that's only moved by money. That doesn't sound good. If I were to be in a position where money is the only thing that moves me, I'll ask myself if money is the only thing I came to make in this world.

I know this is Nigeria and it's not uncommon to see people put in more effort when the pay is good. But we have to be careful so as not allow money be the only thing that spurs us into action. Ronald talked about how some words from his dad motivated and still motivates him to be the best of whatever he does. It's not like he's trying to prove himself to his dad that he met his expectations. No, he's only seeking to be a better person.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by 5minsmadness: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
gsalvatore:
Thread for WUSSIES...

As a man you are not suppose to show any sign of weakness. Nobody said it was easy....digesting the content of this thread is as good as messing up your psyche.

its simple...

'' STANDING ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET, LIVING BY YOU CODE OF HONOR AND DUTY, AN BEING A ROCK FOR THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.''
Eggsactly.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by lilmax(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
gsalvatore:
Thread for WUSSIES...

its simple...

cool
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by ronald4lif(m): 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Isn't strange that it was during a woman's rule that things went topsy turvy for females?

If she believed in those nonsense she propagated, why did she not relinquish the throne for her husband or male relative with a claim to the throne?

Hmmm power, we all love power and authority so no one relinquishes a position of authority willingly.

Any lady (or individual) who believes that men are generally more inclined to excel than her has issues with her potentials and her inherent ability to grow and develop, which by itself is a catalyst for failure.

The emboldened phrase you highlighted was intended to euphemize the 'real man' dictum to be applicable to all sex, not just some, or men. Perhaps, my expression wasn't pellucid and concise enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by ronald4lif(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
Griffon:

There you are, doing what you know best, making sense.

Aristotle would say, ''to avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

That subtly summarises what happens to a man who have decided to avoid people's views.

Nwanne madu, well said. Healthy criticism is necessary and needed to put human's on their toes. We can't afford to live in a world where there's nothing to prove to anyone. It's unhealthy and unsustainable for the preservation of mankind, human development and progress.

There are times we might feel we're doing everything right career wise when in fact we're retrogressing or stagnant. And without someone criticising our choices we won't embrace a change of ideas. Even the world powers are constantly battling to outdo each other in technology and advanced innovations. The world is competitive and there's always something to prove to anyone who cares to take notice of our achievement.

We might not intentionally set out to prove our intended/achieved goals to anyone but we owe it to ourselves to prove that our existence on earth was maximally utilise and our accomplishments are worthwhile.

If we don't prove to anyone or ourselves what we were able to make out of life we owe it to our unborn kids and parents to prove to them that their effort in conceiving and nurturing us wasn't wasted. In life, there's a subtle need, conscious or unconscious, to impress anyone who 'cares' to notice. We can't dismiss it.
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by ronald4lif(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
iAmCharis:

Lol. She don finally ungag me o, I hope it's for good. grin
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
I think this thread is for those that come online forming Alpha-male and seeking self validation from threads to threads reminding everyone they are MEN!
See them perambulating around this thread deceiving themselves in what they are 100% guilty of.
Bunch of internet trolls that shouldn't be taken serious. grin
A tiger doesn't proclaim his tigritude, it pounces.
Your actions speak for you...

Nice thread, Mizmycoli! cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by snadguy007(m): 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
Issokay

1 Like

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Griffon(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley

My dear you get to a point in life where arguments don't matter to you as much.

Especially around those you love....as long as they're not saying or doing anything stupid.

I understand your angle and while it true that I think I have a superior argument, I rather rest it.

When you're ready to be exposed to the realms I've seen...you'd understand.

You'd understand that all that really matters is being.
That's the mark of our higher calling.

Honey to stop arguing and presenting facts, is to defeat the purpose of being in a forum.

I don tell you, make we comot our wedding ring, and grab AK-47s and RPGs.

I believe you've seen the movie, Mr and Mrs Smith, if you think you have a superior argument, shoot me already tongue
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by MizMyColi(f): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
FrancisTony:
I think this thread is for those that come online forming Alpha-male and seeking self validation from threads to threads reminding everyone they are MEN!
See them perambulating around this thread deceiving themselves in what they are 100% guilty of.
Bunch of internet trolls that shouldn't be taken serious. grin
A tiger doesn't proclaim his tigritude, it pounces.
Your actions speak for you...

Nice thread, Mizmycoli! cool

Even though I know you are deliberately looking for turobu, bar that, I gotta admit you made sense.

Ever wondered about the calm and serene nature of this thread?

Now juxtapose the scenario supposing it were titled something in the lines of "Dear Ladies; You have nothing to prove."

Hypocrisy Stankedgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by MizMyColi(f): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin
Griffon:

Honey to stop arguing and presenting facts, is to defeat the purpose of being in a forum.

I don tell you, make we comot our wedding ring, and grab AK-47s and RPGs.

I believe you've seen the movie, Mr and Mrs Smith, if you think you have a superior argument, shoot me already tongue
grin
grin
grin

Ah nuh do
Nah by forsche?
cheesy
Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Griffon(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Dude don't twist words with me. Kindly re-read what kachisbarbie said because that was the cause of this debate.

This was what she said. Now based on the embolden, I ask you what the end result is in correlation to what kachis.barbie said?

Bruh I'm twisting no words, it's just that you have a problem and that problem is your failure to accept that you suck at cognitive reasoning.

You can't go around claiming that money is the only incentive that's to be offered to an individual and still expect people to take you serious.

I'm done with you. I can't afford to be fiddling away my time here while rome burns.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Guys; You Have Nothing To Prove. by Griffon(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
grin
grin
grin
grin

Ah nuh do
Nah by forsche?cheesy

Hehehe.

Your own stubborn head deserve an Oscar award cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? / Letter Of Administration And What To Do. / How Can I Stop Loving This Other Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.