Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off (85655 Views)

First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China / Omg!! Man’s Head Cut Off In World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation / Man’s Head Cut Off In World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by ylaa(f): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
I DONT BELIEVE THIS AND WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Askseek(f): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
You had to create a second thread for this fake news. I must congratulate you though for showing how deep the self hate and low self esteem runs. The comments here make me shudder and I wonder what went so wrong?

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by harsysky(m): 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:
humans can really be immortals one day...
imagine if once dangote reaches 90years old and is sbout to die and u transfer his head to the body of a 20years old.... That's like 70 more years added.
Though I hope this head transplant doesnt hv side effects.

It sounds so nice a story, but in the long run , especially when it's gone global, we will understand better.

To me , it's gonna cause a whole lot of mortality. You may ask how? I will tell you.

When this comes to Nigeria, you will see very wealthy men suffering from cancer or any disorder who will wipe out a whole family , destroy a boy's brain just like the one used to perform the operation, pay a couple of people to act as parents in order to sign for the operation to commence.

The white are demigod but can never be like God!

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by 4nobody4every1: 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
sinkhole:
If they cut PMB's head and put it on GEJ's body, what do you think will happen? So so confusion, people will see PMB's head but the body will look like that of GEJ and the whole amalgamation will still be saying "I am for nobody . . ." grin
but 4everybody grin grin grin grin
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by MrBLING(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
A hoax.

And to think it was moved to front page.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
SIRTee15:

yes, the plan to transplant head is real and underway,
but this story is a hoax.

Wow! U sure its a hoax? Well, it could very likely be a big hoax. We all know how bullshit's circulated on d internet.
Pls gimme a link lemme verify
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
lmm4real:

So who is alive now, the owner of the body or the owner of the head.
Bros read the article na. They used the body of a brain dead guy.The brain controls the main activities in the body so practically,the head donor is alive
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Onliie(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
*World’s First Head Transplant A Success after Nineteen Hour Operation
A 36-year-old man has undergone the world’s first successful head transplant. The ground-breaking operation took a team of surgeons 19 hours to complete and has allowed the patient to be cancer-free.

Paul Horner, who was diagnosed with bone cancer five years ago, was on the verge of death when he was approved for the controversial and possibly deadly operation.

Doctor Tom Downey, who was part of the South African team who carried out the operation, told CNN he is thrilled about the results. “It’s a massive breakthrough. We’ve proved that it can be done – we can give someone a brand new body that is just as good, or better, than their previous one.

The success of this operation leads to infinite possibilities.”

Surgeons at Charlotte Maxexe Johannesburg Academic Hospital in SA did the operation in February but had to wait until they could confirm it was successful before they made any public statement.

Downey spoke to reporters on the complexity behind the first ever head transplant. “This procedure is another excellent example of how medical research, technical know-how and patient-centered care can be combined in the quest to relieve human suffering.”

The operation was led by Professor Myron Danus and took place on February 10, 2015.

“Our goal is for Horner to be fully functional in two years and so far we are very pleased by his rapid recovery,” said prof. Danus. “Before the operation, Horner’s body was riddled with cancer and he had less than a month to live. We were fortunate enough to find a donor body; a 21-year-old man who has been brain dead from a serious car accident that happened in 2012. The boys body worked just fine, but his brain was not functioning whatsoever, and there was absolutely no chance of recovery.

He added: “We received approval from the young man’s parents to use their sons body to do the operation. They were extremely happy their son could save a life even in the vegetated state that he was in.”

The man, Horner, has made 85% recovery; walking, talking, doing things a healthy individual does…

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/mans-head-cut-off-in-worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sCUM0PfOk
its a hoax. didnt happen
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
harsysky:

It sounds so nice a story, but in the long run , especially when it's gone global, we will understand better.

To me , it's gonna cause a whole lot of mortality. You may ask how? I will tell you.

When this comes to Nigeria, you will see very wealthy men suffering from cancer or any disorder who will wipe out a whole family , destroy a boy's brain just like the one used to perform the operation, pay a couple of people to act as parents in order to sign for the operation to commence.

The white are demigod but can never be like God!
its true sha.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by obi123: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:

hv u heard about the separation of Siamese twins?
if they can separate twins joined together by birth, I believe they can.

seperation of twins compared to head transplant , no basis for comparison
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by victorchimereze(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
JingoOAU:
Are you kidding me....you mean dem do copy and paste

To die go dey hard for rich and old folks again, na to just buy small boys and girls and cut of their heads and implant it on their own...when will nigeria be this great in medical field

OBOY............... NIGERIA PERSON NO FIT SELL HIS CORPSE NEFA
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:

are you not 'someone'? remove it na tongue

Why are you misleading people? What do you stand to gain from it? FP? popularity?
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Lanceslot(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
Beremx:
Bekee bu agbara!!

May God help us!
You keep calling God to help you while those Bekee bu agbara are exploring, doing things on their own....... No one can help you but yourself. You are the only one who can help yourself.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
I need to check if this is real...

EDIT: It is a fake story. If it was real Wikipedia would have updated their article on head transplant here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
I hope the people reading this know it's actually a joke right?

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by ManTiger(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
It even happened in Africa!
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by flokii: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:
humans can really be immortals one day...
imagine if once dangote reaches 90years old and is sbout to die and u transfer his head to the body of a 20years old.... That's like 70 more years added.
Though I hope this head transplant doesnt hv side effects.

it doesn't work dat way...

d internal body organs will fail... and once they're gone... that's d end..
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Ghost01(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
I do say it: science will liberate us.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Such transplant was successfully done in Australia two or 3 months ago,so this's not the first time.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
daretodiffer:

Why are you misleading people? What do you stand to gain from it? FP? popularity?
I don't gerrit...are u a learner?
Did I do anything wrong in sharing an amusing topic I found on another site on Nairaland? there's nothing misleading here since I backed it up with a reliable source so what's ur point?
Most of the topics here are drawn from different sources. Gerrit now?
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Lanceslot(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Bollove:
one day we will cheat death and that is all.
Maybe me and you could start working on that, I dream to be immortal, to live forever.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ok its a hoax alright. But theoretically possible tho...

Same with transferring consciousness
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by NobleAky(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
*World’s First Head Transplant A Success after Nineteen Hour Operation
A 36-year-old man has undergone the world’s first successful head transplant. The ground-breaking operation took a team of surgeons 19 hours to complete and has allowed the patient to be cancer-free.

Paul Horner, who was diagnosed with bone cancer five years ago, was on the verge of death when he was approved for the controversial and possibly deadly operation.

Doctor Tom Downey, who was part of the South African team who carried out the operation, told CNN he is thrilled about the results. “It’s a massive breakthrough. We’ve proved that it can be done – we can give someone a brand new body that is just as good, or better, than their previous one.

The success of this operation leads to infinite possibilities.”

Surgeons at Charlotte Maxexe Johannesburg Academic Hospital in SA did the operation in February but had to wait until they could confirm it was successful before they made any public statement.

Downey spoke to reporters on the complexity behind the first ever head transplant. “This procedure is another excellent example of how medical research, technical know-how and patient-centered care can be combined in the quest to relieve human suffering.”

The operation was led by Professor Myron Danus and took place on February 10, 2015.

“Our goal is for Horner to be fully functional in two years and so far we are very pleased by his rapid recovery,” said prof. Danus. “Before the operation, Horner’s body was riddled with cancer and he had less than a month to live. We were fortunate enough to find a donor body; a 21-year-old man who has been brain dead from a serious car accident that happened in 2012. The boys body worked just fine, but his brain was not functioning whatsoever, and there was absolutely no chance of recovery.

He added: “We received approval from the young man’s parents to use their sons body to do the operation. They were extremely happy their son could save a life even in the vegetated state that he was in.”

The man, Horner, has made 85% recovery; walking, talking, doing things a healthy individual does…

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/mans-head-cut-off-in-worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sCUM0PfOk
. Whose identity will he assume: that of the guy that gave him body or himself who has the head? I'm asking to avoid conflict of interest
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:

I don't gerrit...are u a learner?
Did I do anything wrong in sharing an amusing topic I found on another site on Nairaland? there's nothing misleading here since I backed it up with a reliable source so what's ur point?
Most of the topics here are drawn from different sources. Gerrit now?

If there is one thing I am an expert on, it is evaluating information sources.

You shouldn't be too quick to rely on Nigerian sources.undecided

Can you remove it now or at least modify the title of the thread?
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Lanceslot(m): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
euromilion:
Such transplant was successfully done in Australia two or 3 months ago,so this's not the first time.
Hope you read where it was stated that the one above was done around January/February, but they have to wait for few months to monitor the recovery process?
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by mignone(f): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reptyle:
Naaaaah this must be a hoax.

A pioneering head transplant is in the works and has tentatively been scheduled for 2017.

A lot of research is still ongoing and they have a willing guinea pig but the team is still been assembled to make it a reality.

www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/mans-head-cut-off-in-worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Uncleodi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
I placed this article on NL long ago but it never made FP...lalasticlala why nah??

https://www.nairaland.com/2599639/head-transplant-surgery-possible-2017...neurosurgeon
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by ayindejimmy(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
SA is really doin great.

I'm just curious, the brain dead guy's parents were really humane.
...if its Nigeria, they'll ask for the head to be given their child too and not the other way round.

This shows it's the head that matters

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by karolizee(m): 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
i pray make e nor happen, becos na only d rich go fit dey do d transplant, and e go make dem kill innocent youth anyhow, becos i nor c anybody wit e right senses wen go volunteer e body for dat kind of somtin. Dis one go b legalise ritual.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
daretodiffer:

If there is one thing I am an expert on, it is evaluating information sources.

You shouldn't be too quick to rely on Nigerian sources.undecided

Can you remove it now or at least modify the title of the thread?
excuse me sis, did you see that youtube link? You can't be a better journalist than The Guardian as well.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:

excuse me sis, did you see that youtube link? You can't be a better journalist than The Guardian as well.

The video have it away. I was 50% certain that it wasn't true then I watched the video and I became 90% certain. Google did the rest
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lanceslot:
Hope you read where it was stated that the one above was done around January/February, but they have to wait for few months to monitor the recovery process?

No I didn't bother reading it.

Thanks for alerting me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Inadequate Medical Attention, Block Highway / COVID-19: Buring Bodies Of Victims From Around The World (Photos) / Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.