Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off (85647 Views)

First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China / Omg!! Man’s Head Cut Off In World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation / Man’s Head Cut Off In World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
NobleAky:
. Whose identity will he assume: that of the guy that gave him body or himself who has the head? I'm asking to avoid conflict of interest
the head
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
HOAX . . . . these mods are . . . lemme reserve my comments. angry

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
daretodiffer:

The video have it away. I was 50% certain that it wasn't true then I watched the video and I became 90% certain. Google did the rest

I will remove the topic if you can find the remaning 10%
angry
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
I will remove the topic if you can find the remaning 10%
angry

You have Googleundecided
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
*World’s First Head Transplant A Success after Nineteen Hour Operation
I hate real lies..this lies looks so real that I had to read so many comments.well it is impossible and once the breath pipe is cut out,it can never be joined because the head consists of bones on the neck protecting the throat.and you can sole or join bones
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
Skywalker5:
Now the next stage is to start harvesting bodies
or growing them . . .

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
sinkhole:
It is the head that realy matters. The brain clock will still register 90yrs and the body will still die when its suppose to die! The material body could be moved but the consciousness in the material body may not be moved.
My own problem is the confussion that will arise; you see the person you know well but he completely has the mind of another person!
pure lies too.stop saying things you don't know..the human brain cells are the longest living cells and can live and never die upto how many years you live..
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
So this unfounded story finally made frontpage eh? Nigerians're slowly reaching the level where we believe everything we read on the internet.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
#ENDTIMETHINGS

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth... IITim 3:7

As long as the earth remains;

Man can will not be immortal,

Man will never create man

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
daretodiffer:

You have Googleundecided
Okay I aff hear!!! undecided
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by MathsChic(f): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
If this is true, then it's a world-changing event. I thought we were still some 10 years away from this.

It's a hoax after all.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by goddaino: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
The difference between this act and Nigerian ritualists is that theirs is physical murder while Nigeria's is spiritual. A life was taken, a life was restored.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by UyiIredia(m): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Not surprised. Scientists in the 20th century performed successful head transplants with animals and predicted this. It's a great achievement no doubt.

EDIT: It's fake news.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Samguine: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:

the fact that technology advances everyday partially proves it or was there phone and cars 20bc?
So what percentage was in use in 20 BC and what percentage is in use now? grin
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by AceKid(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
this reminds me of the 2015 movie 'SELF/LESS'

Billionaire industrialist Damian Hale (Ben Kingsley) is master of his universe, until he encounters a foe that he can't defeat: cancer. His only hope is a radical medical procedure called "shedding," in which his consciousness is transferred to a healthy body. After the procedure, Damian, now called Edward (Ryan Reynolds), starts a new life in New Orleans, but he's plagued by disturbing images. When he delves into Edward's mysterious origin, he learns that some will kill to keep it secret.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by UyiIredia(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
Unliked and unshared. Turns out it's a hoax after a background check.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/headtransplant.asp

http://www.elitereaders.com/worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/

CC: lalasticlala Ishilove

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Seculent: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
I respect surgeons, but using someone else's head to let the other person live is totally bad.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Seculent: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Oxytocin:
Damn! shocked I find this hard to believe.. A video would clarify that

You won't be able to watch the video. It will be extremely scary mehn!
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ah fit dead!!!
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by d33types: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
World’s first head transplant patient schedules procedure for 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/09/10/worlds-first-head-transplant-patient-schedules-procedure-for-2017.html

Una too dey lie
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
White people are demi gods lipsrsealed

First time on FP since 2010 tongue BAR MAN,SERVE ROUND!!!
science is god u ediot ... White are just humans like black..

They learn about science while you learn about faitytales .. That's why it looks like they are better than you ..

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by ikorodureporta: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
We'v seen it in plants' budding & grafting....i dnt kno for animal.....bt now, how God go judge that Soul undecided
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by okezed: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
who then go carry am? na the person wey own body abi the person wet own head...?
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Reptyle(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
mignone:

www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/mans-head-cut-off-in-worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/

The Guardian Newspaper also apparently fell for the same hoax.

Something as ground breaking as a successful head transplant will be on all of the major news channels like CNN, BBC, etc.

Do a research online.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/headtransplant.asp
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by coolzeal(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
QueenEdna:
Hmmmmm, 'knowlegde will increase' -signs of the End Times..
There's nothing like end times, just an advancement in science and technology.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by folem: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by akpanamasi: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
sinkhole:
It is the head that realy matters. The brain clock will still register 90yrs and the body will still die when its suppose to die! The material body could be moved but the consciousness in the material body may not be moved.
My own problem is the confussion that will arise; you see the person you know well but he completely has the mind of another person!

The man still maintains is consciousness as consciousness dwell in the human brain. Mind you the mind is the brain and not what you think it is. The brain is fully responsible for our consciousness which is the soul of human.
And also the brain can live on it own and still maintains the same consciousness even without the body as long as there is a constant supply of blood containing oxygen and glucose.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by olanie(m): 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
This Joke got FP attention?!

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by yesboss20(m): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:

it is very feasible cos our brain has even worked up to 6% of its capability. Just imagine it being 20% efficient.....

And where exactly is it written that we haven't accessed more than 6% of our brain capacity?? The science based theory is that we actually do not task more than 10% of our neural matter at a particular point in time; even that postulate is up for further debate.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by ptolemy247(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
Its more thrilling to find out that this surgery was done in South Africa. And we still parade ourselves as giants of Africa.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
wonderful
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by sinkhole: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
akpanamasi:

The man still maintains is consciousness as consciousness dwell in the human brain. Mind you the mind is the brain and not what you think it is. The brain is fully responsible for our consciousness which is the soul of human.
And also the brain can live on it own and still maintains the same consciousness even without the body as long as there is a constant supply of blood containing oxygen and glucose.
I agreed and even said it, the mind is the brain and the brain is the mind! The brain is the physical CPU of the body while mind is the software.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Inadequate Medical Attention, Block Highway / COVID-19: Buring Bodies Of Victims From Around The World (Photos) / Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.