Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT (39911 Views)

Photos Of Bukola Saraki At CCT Today / Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues / Alleged False Declaration Of Assets: Court Halts Saraki’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by omaku1: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2015
vickylinco:
I know it. corruption will always fight back. I pray God gives Buhari the power to succeed
saraki is not the problem,he is an hibernation of an inbedded decades corruption. A charade that has been accommodated by nigerians,after all the power players have regarded us as mediocres but as gullible as as "they" think we are,we will surprise them...
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by timiekay: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2015
This heading is misleading. Supreme Court did not halt Saraki's trial, it only suspended it pending the hearing of his (Saraki's) appeal against the judgement of the Court of Appeal, which gave go-ahead to CCT to continue his trial.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by barcaboi(m): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2015
saintkel:
Guy for once be sincere to ursef, u r in support of probing saraki cos he seems affiliated with PDP and u hate PDP so much if not y r u not in support of probing amaechi and co... APC=LIARS
why Ameachi matter dey give una headache. ....Wike and Ameachi battle led to all this white paper accusations and if found guilty, he shd be punished. ......did he go to any court to stop his probe? Did he run to the court of the lands to bar them from investigating? Saraki has virtually run round all courts; ask ursef truthfully. ...what is he hiding? Same shit Oduah did....can't we be objective?
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by bigfather(m): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2015
CASE CLOSED !
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by tellwisdom: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2015
This trial will last 4years, by then, he is done with his tenure tongue
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Pavarottii(m): 11:41am On Nov 12, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Does this call for celebration or.wailing?

When will corrupt politicians be thrown in jail in this country?
When they throw Tinubu into the jail..First

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by judiciarypalava: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2015
He is now responding to their stupid APC lying and denial ideology. Just for their selfish interest, Nigerians are suffering.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

when the president start d corruption fight from the door step of his royal highness, the corrupt entity juggernaut1 olusegun obasanjo, then proceed to the house of atiku abubakar, then say hello to the jagaban of corruption tinubu, then anything he wan do with ebele jonathan e no consain me.
if u see I start from the top most till d bottom. if u wan chop eba na from d top u go take start.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by mignone(f): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2015
I just hope the anti-graft agencies finish whateva they start this time God helping them
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by mrmetoo1: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Kai!! People just rush to comment sha, all they did was get a commitment from the prosecution to halt proceedings while they clear some things. I won't be surprised if there's some time attached to it. This is far from over, he just has a little bit more breathing space. Its not like the SC threw the case out. This is like a debtor being given an extension and when to pay back, doesn't mean loan was forgiven.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:43am On Nov 12, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lolz Saraki giving Tinubu nightmares since 2015!!! I hope the opolo eyes does not die of heart attack on hearing this news!!

To the transgendered NgeneUKWU how market!!
You are not too smart are you? All he's basically been given is a 7(or 14) day reprieve. The Appeals court hearing will be accelerated, then the CCT trial will commence. It's clear you have no idea what's going on and you just come online all the time to display your ignorance which is only fueled by hate.

You need to stop being an id.iot.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by pasol4real(m): 11:44am On Nov 12, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

When Your bubu becomes sincere with his anti corruption war.When he tries amaechi, fashola n Tinubu n the rest of them apc thieves.When bubu stops the worst kind of corruption....
Using the judiciary to favour his political party n for political vendetta .
Using the dss against innocent Nigerians.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by eyesofgod: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lolz Saraki giving Tinubu nightmares since 2015!!! I hope the opolo eyes does not die of heart attack on hearing this news!!

@Op, this late edition of the details is yawa o. Some posters wont be happy with you for cutting short their unexpected joy in the face of rapid decline to oblivion of PDP

Pa Chukwudi, hope you are still on NL or have you gone back on life-support?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by frisky2good(m): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2015
The order of Justice John Fabiyi-led five-man panel of the apex court followed a concession given by the Federal Government’s counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), for the proceedings of the tribunal to be halted if Saraki’s main appeal would be given an accelerated hearing.

Na the part wey amaze me pass be dat. If there is no magomago, why didn't he do this before getting to supreme court level? Na since that day wey Saraki by himself carry list wey dem fit even send by email go give Buhari I don know say concession and compromise don dey enter the matter.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo, the case before the CCT is still on.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by magicminister: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2015
No hope for this country.
Buhari's anti corruption rhetorics is just going to affect the ordinary masses as usual. No politician would go down for crimes agains Nigeira.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by iykedare(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2015
sirssb:

You must be on Okrika weed # receive sense soon

Your silly father.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by haildeji: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2015
frisky2good:
The order of Justice John Fabiyi-led five-man panel of the apex court followed a concession given by the Federal Government’s counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), for the proceedings of the tribunal to be halted if Saraki’s main appeal would be given an accelerated hearing.

Na the part wey amaze me pass be dat. If there is no magomago, why didn't he do this before getting to supreme court level? Na since that day wey Saraki by himself carry list wey dem fit even send by email go give Buhari I don know say concession and
compromise don dey enter the matter.

How would they have done that if the matter wasn't before the Supreme Court.. You don't really know how this works do you?
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Anaskie(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2015
Sijo01:
cheesy
Welcome to Nigeria. The land of possibilities. Saraki has done booohari's bidding by confirming all his ministers. Time to reward him for a job well done. cheesy
Lol @ your interpretation. Legally, the CCT was wrong to refuse the motion for stay of proceedings. The Supreme Court cannot sit over the same matter at the same time with a lower court. The lower court must stay all proceedings, pending the ruling of the Supreme Court. Even a first year law student in the University knows that. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2015
ladyF:
shocked Nigeria my country....

Same old story, I give up on the present generation of leaders abeg!!! Maybe when they are all dead, upcoming generations may be able to move the country forward. Until then..... kiss

This is solely the opinion of LadyF grin grin grin

You forgot to add

It's LadyFool again grin
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by maupe: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2015
egift:
Totally not cool. The Judiciary should not hamper the War on Corruption in any way.

Saraki knows if his case is tried, he will be found guilty. So from day one his is fighting very hard to stop any movement on this case.
You discredit this decision, but applaud the Taraba tribunal judgement. Talk about double standards
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by frisky2good(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2015
You are an 1diot. Is this the first court that heard this case?

haildeji:

How would they have done that if the matter wasn't before the Supreme Court.. You don't really know how this works do you?
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Dreadful: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2015
Hahahahaha.. The zoo indeed.
*In Buhari's voice*
Saraki clear my ministers and I'll stop your trial
Shikena!!!
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by rambazul: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2015
Same whole tactics to drag the case until you hear from somewhere,the case lacks merit or due to technical ground it's throw out lipsrsealed
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by phillipay: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2015
I think the main reason for saraki's trial is just to stall him from interfering in the apc choosen ministers appointment..Now that its over they(apc) would find a reason to discharge his case
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2015
barcaboi:

so u are happy a corruption case is quenched? same group of pple that will scream leaders are bad......why u no comment after all dis days.....immature mofo

Which stupid corruption case!! I am happy the stupid witchhunting case has been halted!! Very soon the corrupt Danladi Umar will meet his waterloo.
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Olodo, the case before the CCT is still on.

No probs,the case would remain at the CCT until 2019
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by haildeji: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
frisky2good:
You are an 1diot. Is this the first court that heard this case?

Lol I don't need to insult u to get my point clear.. This is not the first court.. It is however a different court.. With totally different justices and diff composition.. So if you for instance seek for an injunction at the court of appeal you can also seek for another one at the Supreme Court.. They are very different courts of law. You are filing new documents also... What the SC has basically said in this case is dt pending when they would hear sarakis appeal, the cct would have to wait until dey are done which would probably be in a months time..
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by nobeku: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Kennydoc:
Chukwudi44, come and have a good laugh at Omenka, midolian, egift, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu etc.

I would only support Saraki's prosecution when I know that all the other accused politician's be it Amaechi, Fashola, Atiku, Obasanjo, Jonathan, TA Orji, Akpabio, Aregbesola etc will all go down. If anybody can assure me of that, then I will personally champion Saraki's prosecution. Until then, say no to witch hunting.
Come, Mr youngster, do you understand English atall?Does it say anything about Saraki 's prosecution being finally stopped? Pls go back and read the story..Bulk of Nairalanders just NEVER GET IT... which kind schooling una do?I think the homefront' s to be blamed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
You are not too smart are you? All he's basically been given is a 7(or 14) day reprieve. The Appeals court hearing will be accelerated, then the CCT trial will commence. It's clear you have no idea what's going on and you just come online all the time to display your ignorance which is only fueled by hate.

You need to stop being an id.iot.

will you shut up dude!!! before the supreme fnally disposes off the case the useless and corrupt injustice Danladi umar will be in jail for corruption
Re: Supreme Court Halts Saraki’s Trial At CCT by Gamesmart: 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
rambazul:
Same whole tactics to drag the case until you hear from somewhere,the case lacks merit or due to technical ground it's throw out lipsrsealed

That was the style under the goat must to eat yam regime.

There is a new Sherriff in town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s / Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Amaechi, Jonathan At Tony Elumelu's Party: No Permanent Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.