Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? (489 Views)

Female Pastor In UK: "I Am Marrying A Nigerian Because Of Money, Not Love" / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) / Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? by everydaywoman1(f): 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
If I were to I say my vows, I knew I was marrying the wrong man: One woman's confession about the most devastating mistake of her life Walking down the aisle, I distinctly remember thinking to myself: ‘I don’t have to do this for ever if it gets too bad. Starter marriages are acceptable these days — almost fashionable. There won’t be too much of a scandal.’What a terrible thought for a young woman in a N150000 lace dress to be having as she would walk towards her fiancé, standing at the altar. But it was genuinely a state of confusion, I thought, am I marrying for love or convenience? I knew my marriage wouldn't be 'till death do us part' as if I said those
I knew my marriage wouldn't be 'till death do us part' as if I said those vows.

To think, it had started so promisingly.

My name is Kate brown, we are two in my family. I grew up in Lagos, my parents where both successful in their discipline as I lacked nothing growing up. I went to the best school in town, wore the best clothes and lived in a comfortable home. We were happy as a family. One day I was in school when my uncle came to pick me and my sister, I was surprised as he never came to pick us before closing time. On getting home I met a lot of people in our house, the first thing that popped into my mind was the fact that they had gathered to wish my dad a safe trip abroad. I came into the parlor and found my dad sitting on the sofa with his head down, I wondered and I was asked to sit down, a man that was sitting next to my dad was telling him to tell us. My dad began and he said “you know its GOD “that gives life and it’s GOD that takes life”. From that instant he said that, I knew my mum had died. I remembered waking up with water on my face and I realized that I had passed out. My world had come to an end for my joy has been taken away .years went by ,I got admission into the university to study law.my first year was exciting and I got to the second year, during our mid-semester break my dad feel ill. We were at the hospital for 5month, my dad gave in .my world came crashing once again. I had no certificate, no trade, no job and no investment .My calamity started when my father’s brother sold the house without out knowledge .My only sister and I were out in this wicked world alone.my childhood friend had paid for a room and parlor for us to stay. I tried to get my life back but it wasn’t easy. One day on my way to the market I met a man who offered me a ride home, I had no choice as I had only N500 with me, I thought that by taking this ride it would afford me the opportunity to use the money for food tomorrow. He dropped me off and collected my number. Two days later he called, that was how it all begun. He really loved me and spoilt me.The relationship led to a proposal. But there was a problem. I did not love him. But I thought of accepting, for the fact that I had no choice.my rent had expired, I had no money. Here was a golden opportunity for me, pls should I take his offer and enter a loveless marriage or continue to suffer.
Re: Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? by Theyveedo(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
B
Re: Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
You've Got to be kidding me.

what movie is this one?
Re: Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yes luv grows. Sofar he has money
Re: Should I Marry A Man I Do Not Love? by obiorathesubtle: 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
undecided am I the only one who hates unnecessarily long posts?? I barely even read them! Gawd! Why do you people keep posting books on Nairaland. Write a book, publish it, and put it on the market!

(1) (Reply)

Fiance Visa / The Most Honest Lie / The Most Amazing party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.