Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. (14542 Views)

Its Time To Push The Ijaw Militants Out Of Lagos,ogun / Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by PointB: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
It is much easier for Ijaws and others to control their resources in Biafra, than in Nigeria. Besides, in Nigeria, Ijaws will be discarded as soon the oil runs out. It's a no-brainer that the time to stand up and be counted is now. Ijaws should either add their voice to the IPOB protest or miss another golden opportunity. The window is fast closing.

Not many poeple like the way Kanu started the agitation, but that was the only way to ignite the passion, arouse interest, and keep the momentum. It's sanctioned by experts such as Sun Tzu, Art of War, when he wrote:

When you engage in actual fighting (or protesting), try to gain victory before you exhaust your strength. In order to kill the enemy, your men must be aroused to anger and motivated to win.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
bolanto24:

I am for implementation of the Confab 2014 report or fiscal federalism. resource control or regionalism by ethnicity. but how long shall we agitate?

The confab report has been shredded and dumped in the dustbin. Where were you last month when Buhari announced it?

1 Like

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by PointB: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
To Ijaws, I'll say:

Let us agree to secede and agree to secede again (if that's what you want) after the secession.

There we stand in the rain and shine shouting our voice hoarse; join us or miss the bus! The window is fast closing...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
PointB:
To Ijaws, I'll say:

Let us agree to secede and agree to secede again (if that's what you want) after the secession.

There we stand in the rain and shine shouting our voice hoarse; join us or miss the bus! The window is fast closing...

Biafra should be designed as a Confederate nation where every group is a like its own country just like the Scots, the Wales, the English and northern Ireland which all make up the united kingdom. Taxes paid to the federal government with 100% resource control. common currency and common military. Simple.

Presidency is rotational.

Edit: Have three or four capital cities just like south Africa with different administrative purposes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by bolanto24(m): 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
PointB:
To Ijaws, I'll say:

now that is interesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Truckpusher(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
@bolanto24, preach to Truckpusher.
Suddenly he has become a good Ijaw man simply because he spoke in favor of what you want to hear and no longer the ogogoro drinking bastard you've been using to classify the Ijaw people in this forum.

It is only an Ijaw man who doesn't know history will fail to understand that the Igbos, the Hausa/Fulanis and the Yorubas all have one dream and that dream is simple, which is to annex all the minority ethnic groups around them for their resources,land,strategic location and to serve as vassal states in their warped mindset.But here is the truth which you have failed to admit: The minorities of the Niger Delta will not be part of any arrangement where their interests are not well defined and protected and any attempt to force it on them would be met with a fierce resistance at all cost.

Go figure.....

4 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
I am more interested in the Efik/Ibibio.
Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
Suddenly he has become a good Ijaw man simply because he spoke in favor of what you want to hear and no longer the ogogoro drinking bastard you've been using to classify the Ijaw people in this forum.

It is only an Ijaw man who doesn't know history will fail to understand that the Igbos, the Hausa/Fulanis and the Yorubas all have one dream and that dream is simple, which is to annex all the minority ethnic groups around them for their resources,land,strategic location and to serve as vassal states in their warped mindset.But here is the truth which you have failed to admit: The minorities of the Niger Delta will not be part of any arrangement where their interests are not well defined and protected and any attempt to force it on them would be met with a fierce resistance at all cost.

Go figure.....

Okay. Sorry for the insults, they were done in anger.

What do you guys want? Table them here.

1 Like

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Deltagiant: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Biafra should be designed as a Confederate nation where every group is a like its own country just like the Scots, the Wales, the English and northern Ireland which all make up the united kingdom. Taxes paid to the federal government with 100% resource control. common currency and common military. Simple.

Presidency is rotational.

Edit: Have three or four capital cities just like south Africa with different administrative purposes

Pazienza: If Biafra be structured the way I personally feel and believe it would be, then no body would even want to host the capital.

If we have a totally autonomous provinces each with their own provincial governor, and total resource control.

I expect a total of like Six provinces, and each province should create as much administrative units as it can take care of.

The central government will be led by a council of the governors of each provinces who Will rotate the leadership of the council amongst themselves in a two years tenure period, such that each province gets to have their governor lead the nation as a president at various points in time.

Under such arrangement, the real power resides within the provinces and not at the centre, and the rotational principle at the centre would also be implemented at the provincial level, such that each administrative unit of any province gets a shot at leading the province.

We can also run three capital cities, the executive at the Northern part of the Akwa-Cross area, the Judiciary at the Igbo region and then the Legislative arm at the Riverine areas.

Each province contribute a percentage of its earning for the running of the central government.

No parasitism.

I thought Pazienza's proposition should meet the aspirations of those who genuinely believe in Biafra
Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by PointB: 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
bolanto24:

now that is interesting.

Yes. It's an option. You can't keep people against their will, but we must work together to leave.
Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Truckpusher(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Okay. Sorry for the insults, they were done in anger.

What do you guys want? Table them here.
We do not want anything and we do not want you because we are well aware that the same hatred the Hausa/Fulani man has for us is the same hatred you have for us and it would be grave injustice on ourselves to run away from one form of slavery and marginalization to run into another one between your ramblings and threats coupled with expansionist tendencies which is very clear is the final nail on the coffin and it would amount to supidity to trust anyone that has shown time without numbers that they are capable of doing things you have always feared.

Besides, you are too close for comfort.

1 Like

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Not being in support of secession but lemme clarify sm misconceptions,
if the country breaks same way NnamdI Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo held a conference in the Uk before Zik rejected the secession clause is the same way a conference of the indigenous people of the new nation would hold a conference, in it talks like;
-resource control.
-rotation of power amongst the regions so that one region wont rule forever and dictate to others would be discussed.
-secession clause would be enshrined in the constitution for those who feel aggrieved.
-location of the capital, it would be in the center and must include boundaries from every region.
-tribalism would become outlawed same way racism is outlawed and words like nigga are racist.
My 2cents.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by opiaoku: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Ugomba(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
The rejection of the confab report by the North is an INSULT to the whole country.
It is time to DE-ALMAGAMATE Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by basilo101: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
collegereap:
An ijaw man in the person of GEJ ruled this nation.

What did he do for your youths and your tribe?

You are shouting foul now when the yam and the knife is not in your custody.

To hell with Biafra
His greatest achivement is the conference which which the parasites have now refused to implement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by bolanto24(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
We do not want anything and we do not want you because we are well aware that the same hatred the Hausa/Fulani man has for us is the same hatred you have for us and it would be grave injustice on ourselves to run away from one form of slavery and marginalization to run into another one between your ramblings and threats coupled with expansionist tendencies which is very clear is the final nail on the coffin and it would amount to supidity to trust anyone that has shown time without numbers that they are capable of doing things you have always feared.

my brother u have a point. but I think we should discuss and lay our terms. we will get what we are not and will not get in Nigeria. my opinion

1 Like

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
Truckpusher:

who is this us that u are talking about?
I ve been watching u guys and ur lies all over social media which u use as ur anti igbo rhetoric,
Truckpusher or whatever u are called come and start listing out the hate actions Igbos have metted on the US since after civil war.
Let us all see. At the end I would like u to tell us ur tribe so we can list out ur own too to US.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by bolanto24(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:
Not being in support of secession but lemme clarify sm misconceptions,
if the country breaks same way NnamdI Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo held a conference in the Uk before Zik rejected the secession clause is the same way a conference of the indigenous people of the new nation would hold a conference, in it talks like;
-resource control.
-rotation of power amongst the regions so that one region wont rule forever and dictate to others would be discussed.
-secession clause would be enshrined in the constitution for those who feel aggrieved.
-location of the capital, it would be in the center and must include boundaries from every region.
-tribalism would become outlawed same way racism is outlawed and words like nigga are racist.
My 2cents.

Good. I still don't know why some of my people have not cued to the idea.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by basilo101: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
It beta for ijaws to work with the igbos for mutual benefits, its beta for u ppl to join the Biafra struggle with an aggreement on resoruce control, its easier to achive that in biafra than in Nigeria. Rememberm igbos also have their own lucrative resource (coal) which the federal govt have tied their hands from exploring

4 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Truckpusher(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ugomba:
The rejection of the confab report by the North is an INSULT to the whole country.
The rejection of the confab report by the North is a clear indication that the North will not bulge to any idea that will move the country forward unless we have to force their hands but you can only force their hands when there is a unity of purpose and not a unity with group who habors the same mindset and agenda like the same North.

We must force the North to the round table but we must have a unity of purpose else let us all remain at their mercy as perpetual slaves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ugomba:

Its one thing to say they rejected the confab which makes it sound nice but the reality as they said in a press conference is that they dumped it in the dustbin meaning there is no hope for that report to come back in the political discussion. Lets be realistic

6 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Ugomba(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
The rejection of the confab report by the North is a clear indication that the North will not bulge to any idea that will move the country forward unless we have to force their hands but you can only force their hands when there is a unity of purpose and not a unity with group who habors the same mindset and agenda like the same North.

We must force the North to the round table but we must have a unity of purpose else let us all remain at their mercy as perpetual slaves.
The last time I checked The North Own up to 85% of Nigeria Oil Wells!
The North born to rule mentality must be tackled first.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by PointB: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
Truckpusher:

It is only an Ijaw man who doesn't know history will fail to understand that the Igbos, the Hausa/Fulanis and the Yorubas all have one dream and that dream is simple, which is to annex all the minority ethnic groups around them for their resources,land,strategic location and to serve as vassal states in their warped mindset. But here is the truth which you have failed to admit: The minorities of the Niger Delta will not be part of any arrangement where their interests are not well defined and protected and any attempt to force it on them would be met with a fierce resistance at all cost.

Go figure.....

Hehehehe, actually the picture you painted is the current picture. You have an opportunity to seek something better, rather than grab it, you are still pointing fingers. I fail to see how you can wriggle out of the situation in the Niger Delta especially in the area of resource control, and others. Me think it's easier to get a better deal in Biafra than in Nigeria. Currently Nigeria offer 13% derivative, and from every indication you could get close to 90% in Biafra.

In the end, it's just a matter of time. The oil will run out and when it does, everyone in the South will become expendable to the North; and there will be no bargaining chips. Then the jungle will mature!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Truckpusher:

Ok then, it is not by force. I still believe in Nigeria and wish her well but reason why I comment on threads like this is in case Nigeria breaks up.

I have said it many times that the Igbos will not force or attempt to force any minority tribe to be with us but will accept those that accept.

God help us.
Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Ugomba(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Its one thing to say they rejected the confab which makes it sound nice but the reality as they said in a press conference is that they dumped it in the dustbin meaning there is no hope for that report to come back in the political discussion. Lets be realistic
It so pathetic.
Its time for the South to Unite and De-Amalgamate Nigeria.
Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
bolanto24:

Good. I still don't know why some of my people have not cued to the idea.
I gave up on secession a long time ago, because people who really need it there reason for not wanting it is not because they are enjoying from Nigeria but because they don't want igbos to have there oil.
The question is, since Igbos have not been having there oil has there land become the london?
oil was found in dubai around d same time it was found in Nigeria/ Niger delta the difference is very clear.
U and I know we Igbos dont want anybodys oil u know deep down inside u, u even know more that if really if there's anything we igboa want its just Sea port that passes through the Niger delta and nothing more.

10 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
PointB:

Hehehehe, actually the picture you painted is the current picture. You have an opportunity to seek something better, rather than grab it, you are still pointing fingers. I fail to see how you can wriggle out of the situation in the Niger Delta especially in the area of resource control, and others. Me think it's easier to get a better deal in Biafra than in Nigeria. Currently Nigeria offer 13% derivative, and from every indication you could get close to 90% in Biafra.

In the end, it's just a matter of time. The oil will run out and when it does, everyone in the South will become expendable to the North; and there will be no bargaining chips. Then the jungle will mature!

Truckpusher/Tonyebarcanister, these are very wise words.

Let us all drop pride and embrace the truth.

A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by PointB: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
basilo101:
It beta for ijaws to work with the igbos for mutual benefits, its beta for u ppl to join the Biafra struggle with an aggreement on resoruce control, its easier to achive that in biafra than in Nigeria. Rememberm igbos also have their own lucrative resource (coal) which the federal govt have tied their hands from exploring

Igbo also have oil and gas (in abundance). We have Innoson, and Zinox. We just want to be free from the failure/joke Nigeria has become!

8 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ok. But that map included some Igbo speaking parts...

See one of the mischievous campaigns: https://www.nairaland.com/2729563/biafra-yearnings-niger-delta
Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Tenderly1(f): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
bolanto24:

I think it will be 100% better than this present union cos all cards will be laid out. there will be input on the type of government, resource control, rotational presidency. Are we enjoying it now?
What's with Nigerians and "rotational presidency". Na food wey dey belleful person. It shows that you still have a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
lygn19:

I gave up on secession a long time ago, because people who really need it there reason for not wanting it is not because they are enjoying from Nigeria but because they don't want igbos to have there oil.
The question is, since Igbos have not been having there oil has there land become the london?
oil was found in dubai around d same time it was found in Nigeria/ Niger delta the difference is very clear.
U and I know we Igbos dont want anybodys oil u know deep down inside u, u even know more that if really if there's anything we igboa want its just Sea port that passes through the Niger delta and nothing more.

You nailed it brother. I cannot understand why these guys are so worried about taking their oyel when the northern hegemony is already taking it.

These guys can even get up to 95% if they want because like you said and which is my min too, all I really care about is that straight line to the sea from same an Ibaka seaport in Akwa Ibom.

Did anybody cast a spell on the Niger Delta people??

4 Likes

Re: Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. by Truckpusher(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
bolanto24:

my brother u have a point. but I think we should discuss and lay our terms. we will get what we are not and will not get in Nigeria. my opinion
Fine, but if you listen to the rethoric emanating from the quarters of the same people you are trying to align with, then it is important to be very careful here.

For any unity of purpose to be achieved, the Igbo man must first drop all the lies about the civil war that they've been spreading for more 4 decades and clearly respect ethnic boundaries else every effort to get these people onboard would amount to futile effort and any attempt to force it would be disastrous for everyone involved.

I will ask you to go through all the pro Biafran thread on this forum and see for yourself the mindset of an average Igbo man.

I would rather remain in the cage of my oppressor than join in a unity without purpose but only to serve some selfish interest of some persons who feel that they posses an ethnic superiority above other ethnic groups - That is totally unacceptable.

And when has it become the norm for another man to dictate where another man lays his claim of origin and how he wishes to address himself?
Until the Igbo man decides to disabuse his minds of all the civil war propaganda and expansionist agenda ,we will never go nowhere and of course they are going nowhere without us onboard and they knew it - They can make a run for it and see the backlash.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal: FG Saves N18.3bn In Six Weeks / Delta Assembly Approves ₦‎100 Billion Loan For Okowa / Major Gideon Orkar`s Coup Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.