Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company (64075 Views)

GIFMIS Codes Needed For Payment Settlement On Remita. / Access Bank, Remita Introduce Salary Advance Scheme / TSA Transfers: Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by Bluffly: 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
senatorbayor:

To shock you , I don't qualify for the 5K.

if I am qualified, why wont I give back to the society that made me with their 5Kgrin

Am well convinced you will do when you get yours cool

Good for you

1 Like

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by guysis(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
rusher14:

I'm tired of all this ethnic play.

Even if, and I'm not saying it's so, must you echo what you believe is their thoughts?

Aren't you guys tired?

Business and profit doesn't follow ethnicity but the money path.

For the lure of lucre brothers kill brothers and mothers have sold their own children into slavery.

My opinion about the business is that, it probably wasn't even illegal but one might say the structure may not have been in the best interest of the nation and it did not encourage competition.

This Tribal e-fight is getting out of hand by the day.I pray it doesn't breakdown the servers of this platform.

1 Like

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by eljp(m): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
edogirl2:
The company is owned by John Obaro and Ernest Ndokwe, two Igbo men, and the only reason this corrupt arrangement is in place is because the then Minister of Finance, was Igbo. Central Bank Governor, Igbo. Then Secretary to the Federal Government, Igbo. Then add the utterly confused and ignorant President.

But Igbos would want us to believe that Yorubas and Hausas are solely responsible for ruining this country! How can you put 1% of the entire evenue of a country to a single company, and the remaining 170 million people get to share 99%. For what? This is a company that simply provides a one-off so
ftware, that you can buy for less than $100,000 (N20 million) and can be maintained by less than 30 people. Yet, they are carting away with N50 Billion naira.

It is part of the Jonathan legacy of corruption. Just imagine that Jonathan won, this nonsense of contract will have continued for years to come.

John Obaro is a Yoruba man not an Igbo man......

I confirm that Chief Kolade is Chairman and not a shareholder in this company. Companies who seek government contracst often put 'highly respected' members of the company as paid Chairman of their company. The That is why ex President Gowon is Chairman of several companies but he is not the owner of these companies. They just use these men/women as the public face of the companies. Other than Mr Obara and Ndokwe, the other directors listed by the Op are all employees of the company, not shareholders.
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by eljp(m): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
John Obaro is a Yoruba man not an Igbo man.....
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by capspeter: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
razid:
What exactly is the problem with this commission on TSA? We are talking of a system that is taking in a liability of 2.5trillion naira and all that we are after is just 25billion naira. I don't blame Nigerians, it's those pirates at the Computer Village Ikeja that I blame. They made it impossible for us to buy genuine softwares. That is why it is increasingly difficult to have a fully Nigeria made software that will be of global standard. What is their crime in charging 1% for crying out loud? Can't we look at it from the other angle that if anything happens to the 2.5trillion these guys would have been indebted to that tune? So how much is 25billion compare to 2.5trillion.

There should be a limit to the way we play politics sometimes.

Bro, you just said my mind.
1% is not a bad deal.
This is all business.
Even interswitch collects 1.5%, who queries them?
The only issue I see in it is how transparent was the bidding process before the award of the contract.

1 Like

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by Bimpe29: 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
See the technocrats in IT world.
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by barcaboi(m): 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
theV0ice:
Kahal29, are you sure??

I thought PMB(as Presidential candidate of CPC) awarded them the contract in 2011 because TINUBU owns the company?? shocked shocked

I don't believe you jooor.... angry

this is sarcasm. .....pple shd know
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by FILEBE(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nigerians. Smh. Rather than tackle a problem we ar busy trading words about tribes. When will we learn to speak in one voice? We still let this politricktians be using tribal sentiments on us. Pls na! I beg in the name of God. Let us stop this madness. Attack the person not the tribe!
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by barcaboi(m): 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
ishiamu:

You an asshole who got no shame
what have they done wrong? All they asked for was constructive opposition and no I don't support the tribal ish but common not insults
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by ishiamu(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
barcaboi:
what have they done wrong? All they asked for was constructive opposition and no I don't support the tribal ish but common not insults

She attacked someone I hate aggressive females
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by ishiamu(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
henryhemon:

Who sounds like an asshole you or her? She is an sshole cuz she doesn't support your tribal sentiments,you my brothers and sisters, hatred kills,you never get anything good done with it. Buhari is a good president compared to that clown called gej but hate won't allow you guys see it.

It's not about support but about a female being aggressive that shit sucks
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
theV0ice:

welcome my friend cheesy

There's nothing corrupt about SYSTEMSPECS getting paid for developing REMITA to assist CBN in achieving transparency through TSA.

The joke is on the guys claiming 'fraud' and putting it on PMB. It was signed under Sanusi amd GEJ and the owners are from your tribe and my tribe so agabaI23 and theV0ice have cases to answer cheesy

I know how much my former bank paid INFOSYS of India to get us on FINACLE and i know how much my current company is paying for using the SAP software.

If the senate doesn't want CBN to pay that sum, then CBN should put it's in-house IT gurus to task to develop their own cheesy

How you dey my brother? wink
Rational argument . Why can't more PDP supporters have just 1% of your reasoning ability ?
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by sandraokosun1: 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
tiwiex:

Oga. Considering the amount involved. 1% is pretty ridiculous. It's a bloody software and it really sends digital money. Remita was not designed for the purpose of TSA. It just happened. All that happened was record updates from banks to CBN. I doubt if any physical cash was involved. Even if CBN calls in a consultant to build a software solely for this, would it even cost 1b naira. Outsourcing and privatization has created another window for fraud. Work that can be done in house is now made to look like rocket science. How much is a states monthly allocation? And 1 company claims to make some states 2 year allocation in one swoop moving government money. No wonder we don't have jobs. There is more to this story. Buharis hands cannot be clean. If they are, then we are in more trouble than I thought. He is totally incompetent. Maybe remita should be responsible for this 5k to the unemployed because a serious government would consider those before allowing one company work away with this much money. I don't like Dino Melaye but he did good on this one.
u are a fool for bringing pmb into a fg government mesr gej did
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by pasol4real(m): 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You are pathetic! Why not counter her assertion and argument with a definite comment and logic instead of showing your stupidity in a public forum?
You are the One who is stupid for defending a clear cut biased n prejudiced comment.
Any reasonable n unbiased Person wud detect the prejudice in that comment from the beginning ,when she called John obaro an igbo man .
John obaro is not igbo but urhobo.
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by adconline(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
So Sanusi, the immediate past CBN governor, whose office approved the contract, is an Igbo man

1 Like

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by globalresource: 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
maupe:
This could have been avoided if the President had done a full background check on all the areas of the TSA arrangement, so as to know its pros and con's. But instead of ordering an empirical analysis of the TSA act, he rushed into it blindly and ended up crediting the account of System specs. If not for the diligence of the CBN Govenor, this sordid arrangement would have continued unabated. This is why Okonji Iweala wanted a stop-gap measure applied to the implementation of the TSA.

What are u saying sef? Do u expect pmb to know everything except he is been told. It is the work of the present cbn govenor to find out and inform the president. And he has done that and the president has already taken action. So what else do you want from him
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by azzima(m): 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
cutestcee:

Chaii
Try harder, because this your attempt to exonerate the coward-tribe is just so lame! Why get high whenever u see or hear an Igbo name? Pathetic Yoruba like u!
answer him nau! Your pathetic self can't counter what he said. He is so on point!
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by kunzaar83(m): 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
edogirl2:
The company is owned by John Obaro and Ernest Ndokwe, two Igbo men, and the only reason this corrupt arrangement is in place is because the then Minister of Finance, was Igbo. Central Bank Governor, Igbo. Then Secretary to the Federal Government, Igbo. Then add the utterly confused and ignorant President.

But Igbos would want us to believe that Yorubas and Hausas are solely responsible for ruining this country! How can you put 1% of the entire evenue of a country to a single company, and the remaining 170 million people get to share 99%. For what? This is a company that simply provides a one-off software, that you can buy for less than $100,000 (N20 million) and can be maintained by less than 30 people. Yet, they are carting away with N50 Billion naira.

It is part of the Jonathan legacy of corruption. Just imagine that Jonathan won, this nonsense of contract will have continued for years to come.

I confirm that Chief Kolade is Chairman and not a shareholder in this company. Companies who seek government contracst often put 'highly respected' members of the company as paid Chairman of their company. The That is why ex President Gowon is Chairman of several companies but he is not the owner of these companies. They just use these men/women as the public face of the companies. Other than Mr Obara and Ndokwe, the other directors listed by the Op are all employees of the company, not shareholders.
oboy this corruption is too much, this okonj Iweala under Jonathan was just exploiting Nigerians........ There was something similer to this that was been done for years, under the ministry of Finance, it was about to start raising eye brows when it was stopped 2014.... Did you know that through out Jonathans govt all the imports coming in to Nigeria were paying 1% of the value of the goods bought (destination inspection services) to companies that belong to just few ppl including okonnla herself, the wrst thing is that the work destination Inspectionn Is. A work that @least 100 customs officers can do it @ no extra cost apart from their salaries, but okonjo iweala took away that job and gave it to these 3 companies SGS, Cotecna and global scan... With the impression that customs officers can't be able to manage it, I was among the officers that cotecna offer to train to take over the job, to God who made me nothning is. Hard there, after the training we wrote exams and more than 80% us got @least 80-100 scores, but they went and told the minister that we all failed as such. We can't be able to. Take over, infact that thing was very painfull and frustrating to all of us.... @ the end of the day fomer CG of customs Dikko succeeded in employing about 4-5 very young guys from that were working with the compamies, those guys trained some customs officers on it, and they even create a software similer to tnhat of those companies called PAAR,(Pre arrival and assessement report) and its even more efficient less time consuming and more accurate with those companies own which was called RAR (risk assesement report)... The customs has to forcefully take over this job by revealling to the world that this work this companies the govt are spending millions of $ on yearly basis is our work and we can do it @ no extra cost more than our salary... @ the ed of the day okonjo iweala has to give up on it..... And since Customs took over it has been more smoother no port congestion like it was b4..... An that 1% of value of all imports tnhat was being paid to those companies, no 1 will tell u what they are using it for coz. Its still being charged............ Kai May God help us in this Nigeria
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by IGBOSON1: 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
Rad1cal:

Imbec1le, What percentage is Alphabeta collecting from Lagos ?

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

They're programmed to blame Ndigbo for everything.....it's their default setting! That's what pure hatred can cause!

They've ignored Alpha-Beta because the person collecting the loot is Yoruba! wink

2 Likes

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by cutestcee: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You are pathetic! Why not counter her assertion and argument with a definite comment and logic instead of showing your stupidity in a public forum?
Counter stupidity? I have more important things to do. Did u notice the bolded in that post?
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by 4lashyme: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Icecomrade:

With TSA in operation in Nigeria, these guys are made for life.

Success is preparedness meeting oppotunity.

God open. Doorways for me

My bro...na only you talk watin make sense.
They have the software and as such they determine the price of the deal. If Nigeria is not happy about it then it's good. We can commission our Politicians, Senators, House of reps, Ministers, and Party officials, even our University lecturers to develop one for us.
If any one think their service is expensive, then wait until we contract a foreign firm to handle it.
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by cutestcee: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Just seeing all the pathetic posts on this thread and I just stopped wondering why the youths are not yet the leaders of tomorrow of this country.
1. Those names are not Igbo names.
2. Let's stop tribalizing crime. Call a spade, a spade.
3. Why the attempt to exonerate the indicted people? Haba even Presidents have been found guilty of crimes.
4. Why not wait for the law to take its cause?
We either move on as one, give the Biafra what they are asking for.!

1 Like

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by kokumo1949: 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Thank God for the set of egg head who piloted this company . I am proud that the software in question was develop by Nigerian . The money even belong to Nigerians . To me due to other information available amount deducted is just N 8 Billion plus out of 1.5 trillion which has been recovered by CBN. End of story .
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by bewyse: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2015

Indications have emerged regarding how the lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Senator Dino Melaye misled his colleagues and other Nigerians with allegations that Remita, a payment platform owned by SystemSpecs, is milking the country by charging 1% as fee on all transactions in the Treasury Single Account, TSA.

This is as a letter issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, on December 17, 2013 and circulated to all Deposit Money Banks, may have rubbished Senator Melaye’s claim.

In the letter titled “Commencement of Federal Government independent revenue collection under the Treasury Single Account (TSA) initiative” the CBN agreed that “a fee of 1% of funds collected is payable; and this would be shared by solution provider and participating banks.

Further investigations revealed that the apex bank, before choosing Remita as gateway, examined existing local and foreign infrastructures before its endorsement and choice of the platform. Aside approaching NIBSS; a company owned by all Nigeria banks; including the CBN, the apex bank also reviewed the suitability of RTGS provided by CMA a foreign software house, and was convinced about its unsuitability before SystemSpecs’ Remita was considered.

According to facts sourced online and via the company website, Remita is a payment platform and not a company as many including Senator Melaye would want the upper chamber to believe.

Media reports also claimed that SystemSpecs; owner of Remita-the CBN licensed payment gateway has been in existence for about 23years while Remita has been holding sway in the electronic payments space for about 10 years- long before the advent of TSA.

Investigations revealed that during evaluation, the CBN’s requirement-which was an integrated platform that connect to the banks and CBN’s platform, appeared beyond the reach of locally available solution.

Nevertheless, to make the selection process transparent, the CBN invited other companies to participate in the bidding as was the required procedure. CBN sources said Remita was offered the TSA project because of its unique capabilities to deliver on the requirement.

Further investigations showed that the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, OAGF, and the World Bank supported the project and its evaluation. “After due diligence, the contract was given to Systemspecs to deploy Remita as the CBN TSA Payment Gateway,” the CBN source said.

On the Kogi Senator’s disclosure that Remita is a collection agent, the CBN source debunked this by saying “TSA is not just about collections, but payment and collection. The payment component started since January 2012 with little or no resistance. However, Collections which will have greatest impact on the economy by curbing corruption and blocking leakages was frustrated and repeatedly delayed until the new administration came in and insisted it must take off.”
http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/13/how-dino-melaye-misled-the-senate-on-tsa-remita/
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by agabaI23(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Rational argument . Why can't more PDP supporters have just 1% of your reasoning ability ?
He is not PDP jare
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by agabaI23(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
theV0ice:

welcome my friend cheesy

There's nothing corrupt about SYSTEMSPECS getting paid for developing REMITA to assist CBN in achieving transparency through TSA.

The joke is on the guys claiming 'fraud' and putting it on PMB. It was signed under Sanusi amd GEJ and the owners are from your tribe and my tribe so agabaI23 and theV0ice have cases to answer cheesy

I know how much my former bank paid INFOSYS of India to get us on FINACLE and i know how much my current company is paying for using the SAP software.

If the senate doesn't want CBN to pay that sum, then CBN should put it's in-house IT gurus to task to develop their own cheesy

How you dey my brother? wink
Yea, I am conversant with IT solutions and I know how much it can cost. So I don't really give a flying monkey especially with the info at my disposal now.
What I was laughing at is the perchant to isolate the not-so-appealing part of the arrangement and give it to GEJ and appropriate the appealing part to Buhari.

You know Buhari is still running on GEJ's policies while at the same time calling him corrupt. I don't know how we will reconcile this kinda stuation...

My bros, I dey.

I am so much hoping Fash get's it right. I used to say that he did not do much in Lagos because of Tinubu's overbearing influence.

I do hope I am right. I am praying that he won't be blackamailed out of office by those Northerners because Buhari has no medicine against his brothers. Ask the middle belters.

How your side?
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by theV0ice: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
agabaI23:
Yea, I am conversant with IT solutions and I know how much it can cost. So I don't really give a flying monkey especially with the info at my disposal now.
What I was laughing at is the perchant to isolate the not-so-appealing part of the arrangement and give it to GEJ and appropriate the appealing part to Buhari.

You know Buhari is still running on GEJ's policies while at the same time calling him corrupt. I don't know how we will reconcile this kinda stuation...

GEJ met OBJ's policies and projects on ground too. Just like OBJ met Abacha and Abdulsalam's policies too and ran with some while jettisoning the the others. Government is a continuum no matter how bad the predecessor is.

My brother, the issue was never about policies. Even if a donkey becomes Nigerian president, there's no shortage of national planning documents to guide such. The problem has always being the will power to see it through. The spirit to insist things be done the right way.

My bros, I dey.

I am so much hoping Fash get's it right. I used to say that he did not do much in Lagos because of Tinubu's overbearing influence.

I do hope I am right. I am praying that he won't be blackamailed out of office by those Northerners because Buhari has no medicine against his brothers. Ask the middle belters.

How your side?

I'm happy Fashola seems to have weaned himself of Tinubu's influence. It's better for him and The responsibilities he now has. I have the belief he knows HE WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY if he messes up this one. I'm sure PMB would have told him that too. I pray he succeeds....not for him, but for the good of the country.

I dey very fine my brother. No wahala wink
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by Emekamex(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
edogirl2:

But Igbos would want us to believe that Yorubas and Hausas are solely responsible for ruining this country! How can you put 1% of the entire evenue of a country to a single company, and the remaining 170 million people get to share 99%. For what? This is a company that simply provides a one-off software, that you can buy for less than $100,000 (N20 million) and can be maintained by less than 30 people. Yet, they are carting away with N50 Billion naira.

Thunder fire you.

1 Like

Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

what else will you expect then to display?

They have nothing upstairs except assertions and hearsays. Let them come with facts or counter arguments with facts, na insult...
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
theV0ice:
Kahal29, are you sure??

I thought PMB(as Presidential candidate of CPC) awarded them the contract in 2011 because TINUBU owns the company?? shocked shocked

Were CPC and APC together as at then?
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
theV0ice:
Kahal29, are you sure??

Were CPC and ACN together as at then?
Re: Real Owners Of REMITA- System Specs Company by adconline(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
what else will you expect then to display?

They have nothing upstairs except assertions and hearsays. Let them come with facts or counter arguments with facts, na insult...
Giving away sophisticated idiocy since 1960.. So Dr Kolade unknowingly accepted to become a chairman of a coy he barely knows? If this company is found culpable that Kolade is going to be exonerated?? So someone like Kolade, former MD of Cadbury, doesnt have any stake in a company for him to be made chairman Naija is toast with this type of mentality!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Attends Ugochukwu Okika's Wedding, Son Of Biggest Cement Distributor / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Son, Fewa's Birthday (Photo) / Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.