Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Faith,belief,reason And Truth. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith,belief,reason And Truth. (2459 Views)

Stephanie Otobo And Truth About The Accussion / Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic / Ways In Which Christianity Inoculates It's Self Against Reason And Logic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 7:46am On Mar 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
Justification is the concept that provides
our belief with the assuredness of its
truth. People believe things for reasons,
which provide the warrant for their belief.Without these reasons,you do not have knowledge of what you believe. If a belief is JUSTIFIED, then we have the right to believe it. Atheists got it wrong, there view was; " since you cannot know something with 100% certainty, you cannot obtain the truth (or knowledge), you just have to believe ,God did it". The bible say otherwise, in Isaiah 1:18 God is calling human to "come and let us REASON together"

This brief journey into obtaining knowledge of what you belief was done in order to show the relationship between FAITH,BELIEF AND TRUTH . Christianity requires faith, faith requires
belief, and belief requires TRUTH.This is not just a mere belief but rather a trust that is characterized as knowledge.

Notice how Paul incorporates all three of these elements in his letter to the
Romans, “if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). You cannot "confess with your mouth" without knowing the truth.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot make myself believe that there is a pink elephant in the room right now. I do not have direct free will over my beliefs, i.e. I can’t make myself believe something. I also cannot just tell people what to believe or exhort them to believe it. But if I don’t have free will over my beliefs, how can the Bible hold me responsible for them? The answer lies in the fact that I do have responsibility as to where I choose to focus my mind. I have free choice in body movements and where to place my attention (what you choose to think about). I have to choose to be preoccupied with something to change my belief or increase my certainty in that belief .Faith in the biblical sense means trust or confidence, confident in what we know to be TRUE. You do not have to be 100% certain in a belief for it to count as knowledge.

The bible say faith alone cannot save , why? because what you have faith in
must be TRUE, Biblical faith is accurate knowledge combined with ACTIVE TRUST Faith and knowledge are not opposed to each other. So Trusting faith alone does NOT save, but instead what is trusted MUST be true.

The faith Jesus had was not an absence of knowledge, but was based upon an intimate knowledge of his Father. We too can gain knowledge to make our faith richer.
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 10:01am On May 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
which provide the warrant for their belief.Without these reasons,you do not have knowledge of what you believe. If a belief is JUSTIFIED, then we have the right to believe it. Atheists got it wrong, there view was; " since you cannot know something with 100% certainty, you cannot obtain the truth (or knowledge), you just have to believe ,God did it". The bible say otherwise, in Isaiah 1:18 God is calling human to "come and let us REASON together"

This brief journey into obtaining knowledge of what you belief was done in order to show the relationship between FAITH,BELIEF AND TRUTH . Christianity requires faith, faith requires
belief, and belief requires TRUTH.This is not just a mere belief but rather a trust that is characterized as knowledge.

Romans, “if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). You cannot "confess with your mouth" without knowing the truth.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot make myself believe that there is a pink elephant in the room right now. I do not have direct free will over my beliefs, i.e. I can’t make myself believe something. I also cannot just tell people what to believe or exhort them to believe it. But if I don’t have free will over my beliefs, how can the Bible hold me responsible for them? The answer lies in the fact that I do have responsibility as to where I choose to focus my mind. I have free choice in body movements and where to place my attention (what you choose to think about). I have to choose to be preoccupied with something to change my belief or increase my certainty in that belief .Faith in the biblical sense means trust or confidence, confident in what we know to be TRUE. You do not have to be 100% certain in a belief for it to count as knowledge.

must be TRUE, Biblical faith is accurate knowledge combined with ACTIVE TRUST Faith and knowledge are not opposed to each other. So Trusting faith alone does NOT save, but instead what is trusted MUST be true.

The faith Jesus had was not an absence of knowledge, but was based upon an intimate knowledge of his Father. We too can gain knowledge to make our faith richer.
A
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 8:03am On Jun 05, 2016
malvisguy212:

Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
I see no sense in your post, what do you mean by "faith lead to the death of christians?" on many occasions, atheists have liken faith as something you have NO knowledge of, but here you are saying different thing. The christian faith is not opposed to reason and knowledge because God invite us to reason together with Him.the fact that every human has freewill and God will not override our choice, mean everyone of us is responsible for our belief. You cannot force your self to believe in lies. innately you know it lie.
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 9:17am On Jul 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
I see no sense in your post, what do you mean by "faith lead to the death of christians?" on many occasions, atheists have liken faith as something you have NO knowledge of, but here you are saying different thing. The christian faith is not opposed to reason and knowledge because God invite us to reason together with Him.the fact that every human has freewill and God will not override our choice, mean everyone of us is responsible for our belief. You cannot force your self to believe in lies. innately you know it lie.
A
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 6:44am On Aug 07, 2016
malvisguy212:

Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 7:01am On Sep 04, 2016
malvisguy212:
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2016
malvisguy212:

Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2017
A
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 8:38am On Feb 21, 2018
malvisguy212:
sorry for the late reply, I am very busy.

Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD." The Lord encourages Christians to think
and to reason together. The Bible is full of common sense and wisdom. It has been demonstrated to be correct through practice, time, archeology discoveries, and scientific facts. It is not a leap into the unknown, but a leap based upon common sense and facts.

Of all the religions you mention, which among them put their teaching to a litmus test? Proved what they preach is the truth. God do not just we should believe, He want us to use our mind and be FULLY convinced of what we believe, the bible say faith alone cannot guarantee salvation, why ?because God want us to be sure of what we believe. You are an atheist,right? Let me ask you, is doubt the opposite of faith?
Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2018
malvisguy212:

Re: Faith,belief,reason And Truth. by malvisguy212: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
malvisguy212:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Music :: Victor Olayeni - Kabi O Osi O [lyrics] / The Spiritual Hierarchy / What Does The Bible Say About Obedience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.