Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Pre Employment Medical Test - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pre Employment Medical Test (14660 Views)

Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals / Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Pre-employment Test. / Pre Employment Medical Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre Employment Medical Test by Pauldiamond(m): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
I have a friend who's hiv positive, was invited for the pre-employment medicals with a top bank, here in Nigeria, he opened up to the doctor and the doctor asked for his last CD4 count and Viral load result to check if he's infectious, he did submit it and the doctor confirmed it wasn't infectious, she sent it to the bank's HR that he has it but not infectious, its over a week now and he hasn't been informed! That's so horrible! That's the big issue with Stigma, though its understandable that one can't work in the health sector, but in banks? Why would they reject such! That's totally unfair, now my friend is on the verge of committing suicide, now he's placed on surveillance, he's totally traumatised...... What are the NGO's in Nigeria doing?, though I'm yet to conclude if the bank will still invite him for the next stage, as for the bank, I won't mention the name, its well! God help Us!
Re: Pre Employment Medical Test by pimpin101(m): 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
I was denied a job with guaranty trust bank because I was hepatitis b positive
Re: Pre Employment Medical Test by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
clemzo101:
Hello guys, pls how many days does it take before pre-employment medical results comes out? And how many days after carrying out medical with a company is one expected to be called for offer letter? Also do people really fail medical?
People fail it ooo
Re: Pre Employment Medical Test by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
rationalmind:

I'm not sure this is entirely true. The doctor who did mine specifically told me my HIV result will not be sent to the company cos it's confidential.

I don't think the result of HIV test is ever disclosed to the company
The doctor was managing you. The company paid the hospital to screen your bloodcells for all that, so, what do you expect?
Re: Pre Employment Medical Test by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
ksstroud:

Which kind of company rejects people based on their HIV and Hepatitis results... That's outright stigmatisation
Unfortunately, we are in Nigeria
Re: Pre Employment Medical Test by LifeIsGuhd(f): 1:13pm On May 06, 2018
Tosinayoko:

The doctor was managing you. The company paid the hospital to screen your bloodcells for all that, so, what do you expect?

Lol, kudos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career With Halliburton Nigeria / Fcmb Or FINA TRUST Microfinancebank / NAF DSSC Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.