Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians (52281 Views)

Calabar Monorail In Perfect Condition But No Patronage – Tinapa MD / Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Tolatutu: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Great news,most of their customers were politicians and their children and family with our stolen money. It shows that change is indeed here, proud I vote for Buhari grin

3 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:
Good development if true. We should buy made in Nigeria products and not foreign made. We can't continue to improve the British economy and by so doing, be killing our own economy.
Bwahaha... You and those who click like to your post are not smart at all. Those who own the shops in the market are mainly Nigerians. grin cheesy. You write this all in the name of hating on Brits! You loser! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
Tolatutu:
Great news,most of their customers were politicians and their children and family with our stolen money. It shows that change is indeed here, proud I vote for Buhari grin

Read! Before you comment.

The store owners are mostly Nigerians.

People buying stuff outside aren't only politicians, stop thinking from your anus.

This card restriction policy is killing small businesses.

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by willibounce1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigerians are very strange people. Even if you set up these foreign brands in Nigeria, they'll still foolishly prefer to buy abroad than to patronise the sme brand in naija.

You often hear them say, 'i'll buy when I travel to US or London ' they be forming nonsense.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Prais e buhari all you want but lemme warn u;
This will cause a multiplier effect on us. How?
1). Get ready to pay higher for goods or pay the same price for a lesser quality coz importers will seek cheaper options

2) Some of yu are saying its good for Nigerian economy because you don't do business abi. Well lemme tell u . Our GDP has fallen to an time low of 2.6%. If its helping the economy why is our gdp going lower

3) Job cuts, since people don't make profits, less need for man-power, so sacking! For you who depends on peoples cash(bank). It means tougher marketing, coz you need to meet target.
Nigeria ought to build basic infrastructures first, before we adopt these moves. Until then as an Import dependent country. All of us will feel the pain 1way or the other....THINK!!!

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by nkemdi89(f): 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
Our people into business are feeling the pain even our boys now swallows dollars and other foreign currency instead of drugs so that they can have sufficient cash that will sustain them for business over there.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by HirstMOG(m): 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
They don't like Nigerians without knowing what we mean to them. More also their patronage like Alison madueke and crew are suffering from cancer for wasting our money in that use.....s country.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by abeniagbon(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
But this had also help in Curbs terrorism in the country by those ghost financing the Boko Haram people.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by FRANKOXY(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
We don hear.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by JayJustus(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
see how this thing just dey sweet my belle...

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Tolubory(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:
Can you see what the JUJU called CHANGE has caused

We hope the suffercated people waste of NIGERIA are happy grin grin

The market sell 90% textiles material,
With such market prevailing how can Nigeria textiles market bloom? ..
We need to develop and buy our own, in other for the currency to circulate...

3 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Tolatutu: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Promhize:

Read! Before you comment.

The store owners are mostly Nigerians.

People buying stuff outside aren't only politicians, stop thinking from your anus.

This card restriction policy is killing small businesses.

Keep shut, I don't care if they are Nigerians . They don't live in Nigeria and they will pay their taxes to the Bristish government and use that money to develop the UK. Let us buy things here from people who pay taxes in Nigeria and develop Nigeria and yes many politicians and their kids who used to spend anyhow before can no longer do so because of fear.

It's a great development for anyone that had sense and wants Nigeria to develop

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by teemy(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Another way to look at this is that foreign markets are being sustained by cash from a so called 'third world country'.

Moral here is we have all it takes to be greater as a nation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by lastpage: 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:

It is criminals like you from Biafra that are #Wailing openly! grin grin grin

Suck it up Boys, its no longer "business as usual".... a New Sheriff is in town tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by oathman(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Awon Apa akotile ta

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Ayoola171(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:
Good development if true. We should buy made in Nigeria products and not foreign made. We can't continue to improve the British economy and by so doing, be killing our own economy.
You must be an Economist or have good knowledge of Economics. Thank you for your comment. Lot of Nigeria money has been wasted on imported goods, we need to step up by encouraging local poducts. Imagin how much we are spending importing generators due to power failure in Nigeria, i'm praying for Fashola to succeed in his new calling, i hope this current administration can get it right, Nigeria can be great; yes i believe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by ELGREF(m): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
So this people enjoyed our looting money?anyway give me visa I have unlimited credit card to spend
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
they go to UK and lavish our money unconditionally... truly CHANGE has come... even if they fall sick, government should give them adequate treatment so they will be alive to finish the reggae which they started before we play the blues...

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by sdavirus: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Everyone should have freedom to spend their money how they like.... You dont force people to patronise locally made goods that way... When the products are really good, no sane person would prefer to spend more on a foreign product.. Some people are just one sided... If it was the past administration that did it, we would have been hearing shouts of Jonathan the tyrant. It's called a democracy, people... Look up that word... No offense, but I feel it's more of broke people that rejoice at this.... If you are an entrepreneur, and have to feel this pain, when the sustainance of your family depends on this, you will be weeping. There are always better ways to checkmate thieves.

4 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:
Read B4 commenting.the mkt is in the UK.it's nit a market people come from Nigeria to patronise. So how does this concern the Economy of Nigeria.the mkt is for people who live and work in the UK. Nothing to do with people who live and work in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by screampete(m): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is 100% fallacy. Apc...this would not do us any good in the future.. Do not decieve Nigerians..

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
noblemails:
they go to UK and lavish our money unconditionally... truly CHANGE has come... even if they fall sick, government should give them adequate treatment so they will be alive to finish the reggae which they started before we play the blues...
Another jelous soul. You think politicians shop in Liverpool street market?

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Emyogalanya: 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
flyingsnail:
Another heavy lie from APC propaganda government,You cannot deceive all Nigeria.

Nigerians want to hear about job creation,Power, Fuel (pms) etc

Tell us about Nigeria Market not a fallacy market in UK

Watin concern us with UK street market.

See yesterday Headline and you are telling us rubbish

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch

Liers ...

cheesy grin grin
you dey mind them imagine 400yr old market na nigeria dey patronise them how old is nigeria since independence or since creation by lucifer guard(sic) i mean LU. GARD. If na china dem talk sef i go fit listen my great grand father was the last of my ancestors that bought goods from england na china everybody dey buy from now
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Affable200(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Walexsammy:
Exactly the change I voted for
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Tolatutu:

Keep shut, I don't care if they are Nigerians . They don't live in Nigeria and they will pay their taxes to the Bristish government and use that money to develop the UK. Let us buy things here from people who pay taxes in Nigeria and develop Nigeria and yes many politicians and their kids who used to spend anyhow before can no longer do so because of fear.

It's a great development for anyone that had sense and wants Nigeria to develop

I won't waste my time educating you: https://www.nairaland.com/post/39730672

I buy stuffs from China that can't be produced in Nigeria, not in this generation or the next. I'm a politician thief too abi?.

Bask in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by lastpage: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
The shop owner appealed to the Nigerian government to look into the cash and financial restrictions placed on its citizens travelling abroad, stressing that people should be allowed to carry as much money as they wish as long as they could prove ownership of the money.
“We go to Switzerland and other countries to buy goods and carry as much money as we need and the UK does not stop us as long as we can prove it is our money,” she said, pointing out that placing a blanket restriction victimises innocent people who earn their money legitimately.

Let us stop decieving ourselves!

This Govt has NOT SAID you cant spend as much as you wish.

What the Govt said is that if you want to SPEND ABOVE THE PRESCRIBE LIMIT,.... THEN YOU CANT DO IT BY CASH.... BUT BY BANK TRANSFERS!
EVEN IF IT IS TEN BILLION DOLLARS YOU WANT TO SPEND, JUST WIRE IT TO THE BENEFICIARY!

The reason for this we all know: to ENSURE TRACEABILITY.

But criminals with illegal money, Drug money, Ritual Money, Looted Funds, Kidnap money DONT WANT SUCH MONEY TRACEABLE SO THEY ARE BENT ON DOING CASH!

Even in the U.K, can you ever enter a Shop and spend 2,000GBP (Pounds Sterling) and not expect the financial crimes agents to "ask you some questions"?

I have tried to pay cash at an electronics shop some years back (just 400GBP) ans was turned down and asked to "use my Credit card" instead.
At another time, l wanted to buy a Vehicle for my wife, l wanted to withdraw the cash from my Bank (and l was drilled a lot, despite the fact that it is my money: What l wanted to do with it, why l cant just transfer it to the seller's account, e.t.c) but at the end of the day, l was hinted by a bank staff that l shoudl not draw unnecessary attention to myself by carrying large sums in cash around and that it is the preserve of criminals.

I agreed and ask the seller to furnish me with his account details (IBAN and BIC numbers) and l did the transaction flawlessly.

In every bank, and every country, there is an "Anti-Money laundering regulation" which amongst other things, "flags" all transactions over a certain limit.
Such transactions are "traced and vetted"....... and once you can explain the source of the funds, you are all good to go.

So, what is the hyper-ventilating about?

Do those people in Liverpool not have Bank accounts?
Do they not have Debit/Credit Card Readers?
Do Nigerian banks not have the ability to pay for your goods, right from here, to any part of the country?

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE NOISE ABOUT IF NOT JUST BECAUSE OF SOME CRIMINAL ACTIVITY THAT SOME WANT TO ENGAGE IN?
*Some want to use Forext bought from the CBN (at a very low rate) to import banned/proscribed goods!
*Some want t get the Forex from CBN on some false pretext while using it for another thing
*Some know they cant explain the source of that money and thus, want to remain under the radar.

Well, tough-luck!
The policy is here to stay.....and we are already seeing the positive results as Nigeria has been largely stable, despite the low receipts from crude oil sales. It has even show signs of appreciation against major currencies.

If you dont like it, please "Port to South Africa"! grin grin tongue tongue

God bless and strengthen Buhari so that he can complete the good work he has started in Nigeria.
may all the enemies of Nigeria be confused and put to shame. May they be scattered like chaff, before the wind with the angel of jehovah chasing them all about............. AMEN.
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Affable200(m): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
At least that will make our currency and our Economy to rise. Because excessive increase in Export and decreases in Import make a country to have favourable balance of payment. Change is what we want.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by blessedfavoured: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chai where will I be buying my 2 for £25 topshop river island and DP dresses?

They should sha leave barking market

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by blessedfavoured: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
erico2k2:

Another jelous soul. You think politicians shop in Liverpool street market?

Lol don't mind him, when there's harrods and co.
liverpool street market is for broke people (like me) that can't afford to pay full price.

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by lastpage: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
sdavirus:
Everyone should have freedom to spend their money how they like.... You dont force people to patronise locally made goods that way ... When the products are really good, no sane person would prefer to spend more on a foreign product.. Some people are just one sided... If it was the past administration that did it, we would have been hearing shouts of Jonathan the tyrant. It's called a democracy, people... Look up that word... No offense, but I feel it's more of broke people that rejoice at this.... If you are an entrepreneur, and have to feel this pain, when the sustainance of your family depends on this, you will be weeping. There are always better ways to checkmate thieves.

You are getting it twisted!

Let me "steal" a quote used by @Firefire:

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge".- Stephen Hawking

The Govt did not say you are not free to spend yoru money.

Read my last post above please.

Govt says if it is more than a certain amount... DO IT BY BANK/ONLINE PAYMENT!

Even if it is ten billion dollars, its your money, spend it. undecided undecided

Dont just "parrot" what #Wailers are saying. Do your own research.
Go to your bank and ask questions, if in doubt

I am not broke, l travel at least three times every year.
I am posting this from the US and will be in Nigeria in a few week stime.
I spend my money how l want.
No Buahri can tell me how much to spend ..... but if it is more than a certain amount, l just wire it from one bank to another.
It can be traced and l can explain where every kobo of it came from.

That is not a bad thing now.... or am l missing something?
WHY is transacting through a bank so difficult for some people and they are suffering?
Suffering over what?
shocked shocked shocked

Na waah for my people o! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lastpage!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by arsetalks(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:

If you don't allow hate to becloud your sense of reasoning, you would have seen it is actually good news for Nigeria.

It means;

1. Looters won't have a field day

2. Nigeria companies will reap the reward in both short and long term and the domino effects will be employment, less dependent on import. Yes, the standard may not be too high but so did China also start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
lastpage:

Let us stop decieving ourselves!

This Govt has NOT SAID you cant spend as much as you wish.

What the Govt said is that if you want to SPEND ABOVE THE PRESCRIBE LIMIT,.... THEN YOU CANT DO IT BY CASH.... BUT BY BANK TRANSFERS!
EVEN IF IT IS TEN BILLION DOLLARS YOU WANT TO SPEND, JUST WIRE IT TO THE BENEFICIARY!

The reason for this we all know: to ENSURE TRACEABILITY.

But criminals with illegal money, Drug money, Ritual Money, Looted Funds, Kidnap money DONT WANT SUCH MONEY TRACEABLE SO THEY ARE BENT ON DOING CASH!

Even in the U.K, can you ever enter a Shop and spend 2,000GBP (Pounds Sterling) and not expect the financial crimes agents to "ask you some questions"?

I have tried to pay cash at an electronics shop some years back (just 400GBP) ans was turned down and asked to "use my Credit card" instead.
At another time, l wanted to buy a Vehicle for my wife, l wanted to withdraw the cash from my Bank (and l was drilled a lot, despite the fact that it is my money: What l wanted to do with it, why l cant just transfer it to the seller's account, e.t.c) but at the end of the day, l was hinted by a bank staff that l shoudl not draw unnecessary attention to myself by carrying large sums in cash around and that it is the preserve of criminals.

I agreed and ask the seller to furnish me with his account details (IBAN and BIC numbers) and l did the transaction flawlessly.

In every bank, and every country, there is an "Anti-Money laundering regulation" which amongst other things, "flags" all transactions over a certain limit.
Such transactions are "traced and vetted"....... and once you can explain the source of the funds, you are all good to go.

So, what is the hyper-ventilating about?

Do those people in Liverpool not have Bank accounts?
Do they not have Debit/Credit Card Readers?
Do Nigerian banks not have the ability to pay for your goods, right from here, to any part of the country?

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE NOISE ABOUT IF NOT JUST BECAUSE OF SOME CRIMINAL ACTIVITY THAT SOME WANT TO ENGAGE IN?
*Some want to use Forext bought from the CBN (at a very low rate) to import banned/proscribed goods!
*Some want t get the Forex from CBN on some false pretext while using it for another thing
*Some know they cant explain the source of that money and thus, want to remain under the radar.

Well, tough-luck!
The policy is here to stay.....and we are already seeing the positive results as Nigeria has been largely stable, despite the low receipts from crude oil sales. It has even show signs of appreciation against major currencies.

If you dont like it, please "Port to South Africa"! grin grin tongue tongue

God bless and strengthen Buhari so that he can complete the good work he has started in Nigeria.
may all the enemies of Nigeria be confused and put to shame. May they be scattered like chaff, before the wind with the angel of jehovah chasing them all about............. AMEN.
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

There's a daily $1000 international transaction limit.
Go to sleep pls, stop typing about what you know nothing about

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Diamonds Dangote Shopped For His Daughter, Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Modupe Alakija Suspended By Ikoyi Club For Slapping Member / Different Nigerians You'll Meet In The Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.