Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians (52270 Views)

Calabar Monorail In Perfect Condition But No Patronage – Tinapa MD / Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by trapQ: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
the news isn't fake. Nigerians are their biggest "spenders". its clearly stated that others buy too.
Pidggin:
So only Nigerians buy from them or what? This news is fake.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by trapQ: 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
thank you! you're enlightened. unlike many others here.
nd07:
the same thing is witnessed in Dubai.who say Nija isn't influential globally
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
ruffbamreal:

You seems not to read through lines.
We are wasting our resources improving other nations economy of which ours is rotten. Then you are here blaming who wants best for our country. Is it a taboo for Americans or Englanders to come to Alaba or Onitsha to buy our products? Must we buy theirs?
Even if you are a biafran as you claim. Is this how you will want your country to be govern? Think guy.
Guy drink water and read again, the Market is in E london,its a cheap street market where its original aim was for people to bring goods they no longer need and sell them at cheap rate, it was meant to be just a laugh.Example of such is the Oshodi market.People who go to that market are People who live and work In that part of London only, its not an export market, there are no whole sale there,its full of cheap stuff fit for broke people.

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
Are we saying a whole market in UK cannot survive just because Nigerians don't have money to patronize the market?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
trapQ:
the news isn't fake. Nigerians are their biggest "spenders". its clearly stated that others buy too.
In ur own mind, waht the total population of Nigerians in the UK?I have to post waht the market looks like then mayB some of you will have a clue

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by trapQ: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
sorry dear, you're the one who didn't comprehend the post.
erico2k2:

Read B4 commenting.the mkt is in the UK.it's nit a market people come from Nigeria to patronise. So how does this concern the Economy of Nigeria.the mkt is for people who live and work in the UK. Nothing to do with people who live and work in Nigeria.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by femtoj2: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

We are making you see the obvious signs that Nigeria is sick, yet you all live in denial.
There is hope for the sick than for the dead. NIGERIA HAS COME TO STAY. This nation shall survive come what may.

4 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by trapQ: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
you're just not liberal. statistics from the UK govt says that Nigerians are the 2nd highest spenders in the UK. go do your research. do you know how many Nigerians live in the UK? what about the ones that only go for shopping purposes.
erico2k2:

In ur own mind, waht the total population of Nigerians in the UK?I have to post waht the market looks like then mayB some of you will have a clue

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by kristosky(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by amazingspiderma: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigerian community in the UK is nothing to write home about.It is everyone for himself no networking,yet every year student arrive in their drones to study.This is one of the reasons Nigerian business donot grow.People never want to associate with anyone unless they are from the same family.This why we loose oppurtunity for network and marketing.
In Leeds,for instance which is the UK 3rd largest and one of its fastest growing cities there is no single Nigerian resturant or retail shop for Nigerian goods.

My opinion is for the Nigerian community/businesses to attend/sponsor fairs/events at UK universities so as to network with the student community in those schools,this will help greatly.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Davidifeanyi: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:
Good development if true. We should buy made in Nigeria products and not foreign made. We can't continue to improve the British economy and by so doing, be killing our own economy.

Gbam:!
Seconded.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by lastpage: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Promhize:

Am not into beer parlour arguments.

Here is a link. Satisfy yourself
https://www.nairaland.com/post/39713170

International daily limit on cards : $1000.

Type epistles of super stories and foolish analogies, I don't care

So a story told by someone on Nairalalnd is the best "authority" you can use to assert your claim?
You are foolish beyond redemption! grin grin
How are you sef?
Illiterate Gala seller, how would you know the difference?
Beer parlour indeed.

Okay, let us even assume, for discussion purposes, that the story is absolutely true.
Did you not notice that that limit applies to CARD TRANSACTION?

That is why l said "shopping money / BTA" in my earlier post.
Go back and confirm that line in the post.

Truly, ignorance is an illusion of Knowledge, or people like you!

If the person in that story wanted to pay for goods worth One Million Doll[b]ars, he does not need to use his Credit Card.[/b]
WHY? The charges are exorbitant.

A cheaper and the recommended alternative is to use a bank transfer!

I am convinced you have comprehension problems otherwise you would have seen the same thing in my post where l said all you need to do (and l have done this a number of times this year) a Bank transfer.
Get the sellers IBAN and BIC (International bank transfer codes) and instruct your bank to wire the money to them. SIMPLE.

Credit /Debit Card are meant for Shopping and over the Counter purchases but foolish people like you want to use it to by a tractor!
grin grin

Anyway, you guys can continue to wallow in ignorance and #Wail all day long, e nor concern people like me! grin grin undecided undecided

The policy will stay for as long as needed. Anyoen not happy with it and who does not want to use their Bank for payments, can go hang on a Mango tree.
PMB nor send una.
Bunch of Criminals

Lastpage!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Koleman(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:
Can you see what the JUJU called CHANGE has caused

We hope the suffercated people waste of NIGERIA are happy grin grin
you go school so? Do see this as a negative or positive change?
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by trapQ: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
you're the one that is wrong. I've lived outside this country and I also know the system. The system of govt Buhari is adopting is called "trade protectionism". Now the daily limit maybe 1000usd, but you can spend "any" amount you like by bank transfers. That way the money can be traceable. This is the truth. Be enlightened.
Promhize:

There's a daily $1000 international transaction limit.
Go to sleep pls, stop typing about what you know nothing about

2 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by FetchUK: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Not the biggest of issues.
Look for a UK based Nigerian bureau agent and get the money swapped for you.

It's difficult with exchange restrictions but hardly a big part of why a market should be shut down.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by biotechshola(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
flyingsnail:
Another heavy lie from APC propaganda government,You cannot deceive all Nigeria.

Nigerians want to hear about job creation,Power, Fuel (pms) etc

Tell us about Nigeria Market not a fallacy market in UK

Watin concern us with UK street market.

See yesterday Headline and you are telling us rubbish

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch

Liers ...

cheesy grin grin

no wonder ur moniker is flyingSNAIL...u think lik one.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by yemmynoni: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:

it is unfortunate you find this very hard to comprehend
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by trapQ: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Be enlightened. This system of economics is called "trade protectionism". Every country that is a world power today adopted this policy at some point.
Okbaba:

It surprises me when Nigerians talk like this. We are in a global community where intertrades take place. It is not about killing one economy to build another. In as much as I encourage consumption of local product, it is not a crime to buy a product that meet your taste be it local or foreign. It should rather be a challenge to Nigerian producers to meet up with consumers taste at home and abroad. Afterall, no economy is self sufficience. We should not also forget that that Nigerians are also exporting to other countries and we expect them to petronize those goods and services. What you sow is what you will reap.

I do not know if we have ever imagine what will happen to our economy if the western world stop importing our petroleum products which constitute over 70% of our GDP.

I am of the opinion that the Nigerian government should concentrate efforts in ensuring that Nigerian made good are produced to global standard and are tailored to consumers taste. The consumers should be left to make their choice ( after all they are still patronizing medical services abroad and no one has stopped them). We should strife to achieve positive trade balance in a decent and fair manner through well planned economic structures.

We should avoid all form of modern slavery.

3 Likes

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Proof!!! Buhari is not good to be a Councillor undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by cele360: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:
Good development if true. We should buy made in Nigeria products and not foreign made. We can't continue to improve the British economy and by so doing, be killing our own economy.
which good government? even d markets in Nigeria are suffering from low patronage because there is no money and non thing is moving, no fuel, transportation very high, suffering everywhere, U say good government, Pls tell him to begin work and let d economy begin to flow, because peopl are suffering and stop using delay tactics

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by AdeniyiA(m): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
seunmsg:

You know that feeling you get when you're eating that delicious rice and..... crannchh! ...you bite stone in Nigerian made rice, it's happening to me of recent undecided
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by XaintJoel20: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
Another lie from the pit of hell. It appears the bug that bite Lie Mohammed has also bitten some of our journalists.
If I may ask, how has the decline in sales in far away London Market improved the economy of Nigeria
#Goverment of deceit...

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by chrisonka: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
can u imagine, they got swizerland with enough money to buy items there, but they cant come to nigeria to buy things i reaally appreciate pmb is about achieving
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by BobUg28(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
I'm beginning to see how important Nigeria is to the world especially when it comes to their patronages. How I wish this will continue this way. Whoever say Buhari isn't working is a bloody lair.

I'll be very glad if things like this will happen Germany then the whole world 'll start seeing the importance of Nigeria to their economy.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by youngguru23(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
wachakuta:

U try sef... u de even give am hope say e don ever go London b4... hiya
D only contry he has been to is Biafra
You don kill him finish... grin
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Codedworld1: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
it high time we invest in Nigeria and let go of this so call London goods.let encourage our IBO broda by buying made in Nigeria goods. IBO kwenu.respect
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Anamachi3(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Please its high time we stopped shouting "CHANGE" for a mere human Government that will not last forever. Very soon God's Kingdom will replace all Human Government(Daniel 2:44), trusting in Human Government to bring solutions to our problems is futility.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Sant1m: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
EternalTruths:

i don't want to call you a hypocrite, you complain their is no job at home and how are textile outfits suppose to make it without patronage at home
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Johnbosco77:
Na only Nigerians dey there

I know d market. Its in Liverpool street and large. Takes about 10/11 streets. Its like a mini balogun market. Yoruba women everywhere. Even d Arabs and polish pple selling shoes there will speak Yoruba to u. True story. You find all sorts of swiss lace and Italian shoes & bag set there. On a normal day its ALWAYS teeming wt crowd and in d summer shoppers come wt their boxes to buy swiss lace & shoe sets in bulk to take to Nigeria. Its sooooo cheap. I went there when I had a Naija wedding to attend in London. Lace DT goes for like 100,000 for 5 yards in Lagos, I bought for 50pounds. Calculate DT crazy profit! U will even find Mr Ade tailoring services in d market sef. Lmao! If u want to sew native in london u go to liverpool street. DT market has existed for decades. Shame its shutting down.

1 Like

Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by favourlove1: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=seunmsg post=40034503]Good development if true. We should buy made in Nigeria products and not foreign made. We can't continue to improve the British economy and by so doing, be killing our own economy.[/quote ] I can bet that you are one of those who would rather go to shoprite instead of a street shop to buy common eva water. Plus I am very sure ur phone n boxers are made in overseas. Hypocrite
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by AreaFada2: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
flyingsnail:
Another heavy lie from APC propaganda government,You cannot deceive all Nigeria.

Nigerians want to hear about job creation,Power, Fuel (pms) etc

Tell us about Nigeria Market not a fallacy market in UK

Watin concern us with UK street market.

See yesterday Headline and you are telling us rubbish

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch

Liers ...

cheesy grin grin

You nor bow. If I didn't know about the market, I would believe this funny story.
How many people are employed by that street market?

It is Nigeria shop owners and some other foreigners that will have less money.

That could mean a slight reduction in the $12 billion dollars Nigerians abroad remit to Nigeria yearly.

As for UK's $2.945 trillion economy, no dent at all.

We should focus creating jobs and increasing our GDP per capital to increase disposable income and reduce poverty.

Instead of putting sophisticated measures in place to fish out corrupt money, we also chose the lazy and poverty-creating blanket ban.

State governments too lazy to introduce safety measures for commercial motorcyclists just did blanket ban.

No consideration for ordinary citizens.
Re: London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians by Freeman50(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
London market crying because of Low patronage from Nigerians. Can't believe this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Diamonds Dangote Shopped For His Daughter, Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Modupe Alakija Suspended By Ikoyi Club For Slapping Member / Different Nigerians You'll Meet In The Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.