Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. (6320 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Meeting An Online Date For The First Time, The Appropriate Venue. / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 8:36pm On May 18, 2009
How's everyone in the romance board smiley,

Here goes. .

I got a text from my ex basically telling me he'll be in town in a few weeks and that he hopes to see me.

- Just when I thought everything was going predictably smooth.

I am inviting you to discuss (especially if you've been in this situation before), what your ideas are about **meeting exs**.

If I do go, I just want to show face, I've got no strategy, nothing, just to say hi, because as a friend he's one of those 'text 3 times a year' type (distant friend), so I don't mind catching up.

I pray to God, he's not got a plan either.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Pittbaby(f): 8:46pm On May 18, 2009
just set your own boundaries , dont bother yourself about his plans
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 8:49pm On May 18, 2009
That's what I intend to do smiley.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by shanda(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2009
Don't be scared, the worst that'll happen is that u'll get bleeped!
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 18, 2009
shanda:

Hen oooo! Be ni oo!!!

Yes!!! ooo!!!!!! na so!! Nothing dey happen! KPO KO! grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Ejadamen(f): 8:55pm On May 18, 2009
I presume that you are not married. Meeting up with an ex can be tough because dying embers can catch new fire. I don't think you should be worried about his plans rather be worried about yourself. If you must go, arm yourself with self control and self discipline.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by 190: 8:57pm On May 18, 2009
@shanda
well said
well said
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 8:58pm On May 18, 2009
shanda:

LOL!! Give me a break!!

Ejadamen:

I presume that you are not married. Meeting up with an ex can be tough because dying embers can catch new fire. I don't think you should be worried about his plans rather be worried about yourself. If you must go, arm yourself with self control and self discipline.

I'm great under pressure, and won't do anything I'll regret. The only doubt I have is that after he leaves I'll remember all the good times and miss him, but I think I need to get over it. I'm young and I'll have to meet him sometime, might as well get over it. I've met exs before, it's just that this relationship had a messy end.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by lechatte(f): 8:58pm On May 18, 2009
I don't know about you but if it was someone I felt something for, I would be careful about meeting with him and where. Are there still embers that stand the risk of being of fanned into flames and do you want those embers to be fanned into flames? It really depends on what you want, however set your boundaries and stick to it! All you gotta do is be nice and polite to him. smiley
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 9:01pm On May 18, 2009
lechatte:

I don't know about you but if it was someone I felt something for, I would be careful about meeting with him and where. Are there still embers that stand the risk of being of fanned into flames and do you want those embers to be fanned into flames? It really depends on what you want, however set your boundaries and stick to it! All you gotta do is be nice and polite to him. smiley

I can't guarantee that all the embers have been drowned. But, I feel nothing for him - right now, if anything it's like a game to me, it shouldn't be, but I'm just going to catch up because I'm interested in seeing whether he's changed or not, even if he's changed, I've almost pictured the girl he's with and it's not me tongue.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Pittbaby(f): 9:02pm On May 18, 2009
I like lechatte's answer , make sure you are in control of the environment  at least for the first few meetings. Meet in a public place like a restaurant where you guys can talk, and you can determine his intentions. Also make sure you have your own transportation to and from the meeting point
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Busybody2(f): 9:41pm On May 18, 2009
Pittbaby:

I like lechatte's answer , make sure you are in control of the environment at least for the first few meetings. . .

Few meetings ke shocked shocked shocked

shanda:

This is so true grin Like Shanda broke it down, he either wants to meet you for sex with the ex or he wants to make amends or he has had a rethink and wants to get back with you or if he is the insensitive type he justs wants to hang out and pretend as if nothing happened.

But the real question wHich remains is that "CAN YOU HANDLE IT?
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by TOPE20001(f): 9:56pm On May 18, 2009
Pittbaby:

just set your own boundaries , dont bother yourself about his plans

gbam wink
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by follypimpi(m): 10:07pm On May 18, 2009
Just Go and get yourself toped up.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Pittbaby(f): 10:10pm On May 18, 2009
Busy_body:

Few meetings ke shocked shocked shocked

yes now !!!after the first few meetings  she will know his intentions (friends only or rekindling of relationship) and if she is of like mind with rekindling then she can opt for more private settings ,  grin off course she should be careful of the dabe ever dabe mentality of guys , (Translated , I hit it before and will hit it again )
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by prittigrrr(f): 10:12pm On May 18, 2009
I met up with an ex once. He picked me up from the airport in his city. He was supposed to take me straight to where I was staying. He left something @ his house and we just dropped by to get it. I went in with him. Eight days later I was unbelievably tired all the time, I was hungry all time but everything I ate sickened me. I got pregnant! Be sure you set boundaries and that you can stay in those boundaries! If you cant, pass on seeing him. (Me and the guy got back together after that visit.)
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by follypimpi(m): 10:14pm On May 18, 2009
Once de be is Ever De be.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Pittbaby(f): 10:15pm On May 18, 2009
LOL , thanks for the correction on my yoruba
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by follypimpi(m): 10:16pm On May 18, 2009
I stand by the rule,i guarantee it.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Busybody2(f): 10:26pm On May 18, 2009
Pittbaby:

yes now !!!after the first few meetings she will know his intentions (friends only or rekindling of relationship) and if she is of like mind with rekindling then she can opt for more private settings , grin off course she should be careful of the dabe ever dabe mentality of guys , (Translated , I hit it before and will hit it again )

ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy Did you not see this cheesy ;

topup:

. . .The only doubt I have is that after he leaves I'll remember all the good times and miss him, but I think I need to get over it. . .

And you want her to go for several meetings shocked

Based on what you wrote above Topup, I think you should not go, make him sweat a bit and tell the guy to make his intention known on the phone, if his intention was geniune, he will persist with his hounding of you to meet up with him wink

topup:

because as a friend he's one of those 'text 3 times a year' type (distant friend) . . .

E reach one year when you date for you to know this? tongue I was just pulling your legs grin ok, maybe I shouldn't joke with this, yes? no?
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by AmAlone: 10:28pm On May 18, 2009
Fare Not For I am with you!
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Busybody2(f): 10:29pm On May 18, 2009
follypimpi:

Just Go and get yourself toped up.

GBAM cheesy Only that this is a bit rich coming from an okobo angry You stood a whole Iyalode like me up angry I will never forgive you walahi angry cheesy
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by lechatte(f): 10:35pm On May 18, 2009
prittigrrr:

I met up with an ex once. He picked me up from the airport in his city. He was supposed to take me straight to where I was staying. He left something @ his house and we just dropped by to get it. I went in with him. Eight days later I was unbelievably tired all the time,  I was hungry all time but everything I ate sickened me. I got pregnant! Be sure you set boundaries and that you can stay in those  boundaries! If you cant, pass on seeing him. (Me and the guy got back together after that visit.)

For real??Wow,that must have some sex. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  wink
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by nguage(m): 10:43pm On May 18, 2009
I see no problems here, all you have to do is make people know who you are and what kind of things you will not do, they have no choice but to respect you then, even at your most humble and most relaxed state. If you give off this kind of vibe, your ex would be afraid to do anything to you. But if you're lily-livered and unprincipled yourself, then you should be worried.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by TOPE20001(f): 10:46pm On May 18, 2009
Busy_body:

GBAM cheesy Only that this is a bit rich coming from an okobo angry You stood a whole Iyalode like me up angry I will never forgive you walahi angry cheesy

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Iyalode n her food tongue
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by follypimpi(m): 11:04pm On May 18, 2009
Busy_body:

Stood up,never knew i did.Will sure make it up in all ways
tongue
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Busybody2(f): 11:07pm On May 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Iyalode n her food tongue

Who told you I eat sausages angry I am a vegetarian cheesy grin cheesy

follypimpi:

Stood up,never knew i did.Will sure make it up in all ways
tongue

You are too late okobo angry angry angry I have moved on to erm erm whose turn is it tonight sef lipsrsealed cool grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by MrCrackles(m): 11:08pm On May 18, 2009
Topic

Not a problem

Poster

Good to have you back

Meet up if you feel comfortable and dont forget to write him a long essay on how you miss him!Like you normally do on NL! tongue
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by TOPE20001(f): 11:10pm On May 18, 2009
Busy_body:

Who told you I eat sausages angry I am a vegetarian cheesy grin cheesy

Lol . . . . but u like cucumber sha tongue
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Fiona0007: 11:18pm On May 18, 2009
An Ex is an Ex, what else?
Remain friends if they wish, but no more special.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by TOPE20001(f): 11:22pm On May 18, 2009
Fiona0007:

An Ex is an Ex, what else?
Remain friends if they wish, but no more special.

excatly wink
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Busybody2(f): 11:23pm On May 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lol . . . . but u like cucumber sha tongue

Which one be cucumber, is it a type of fish cheesy I will tell them to serve us that for Sunday dinner at Yabaleft, with luck I might be able to get them to serve it to us every morning and night grin Hope too much of it is not toxic to the health sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help- He Slept With His Cousin Sister / Please Guys Is This Fair?(+pics) / Breast Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.