Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. (6279 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Meeting An Online Date For The First Time, The Appropriate Venue. / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 2:39am On May 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

Not a problem

Poster

Good to have you back

Meet up if you feel comfortable and dont forget to write him a long essay on how you miss him!Like you normally do on NL! tongue

LOL!!

Well, no point planning what I'm going to do, after all he may not call, and if he doesn't call to meet up, there will be my answer.

As for the advice about asking him what his intentions are, my response is: people can lie, and they can lie very well.

I think there's nothing wrong with meeting an ex, especially as I am not the type to just hop into bed because my hormones are swaying that way. In fact, I don't think I could even kiss him, I CAN'T - I have to be conditioned into these things, I don't let gusts of emotion carry me away.

I KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT MYSELF.

Aside from prittigrr; anyone got experiences to share??

Oh yes, make him sweat?? Well, I don't really have time for that, I really don't want him to be the centre of my attention, really. If we meet we meet, if we don't we don't, but anyone with stories to share??
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by shanda(m): 7:36am On May 19, 2009
The funny thing is that most ladies think they are strong enough to handle such situation. There's no ex of mine that i've not laid with after we broke up. Don't just assume u r strong. If he's someone that u were attracted to and fond of, blv me that part is inevitable. I'll be waiting to hear from u, i just op u'll be open enough.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by sexybabes(f): 11:18am On May 19, 2009
U can meet up wit an ex only if u r totaly ova him & dnt feel anythng 4 him. If u stil hv feelins 4 da guy dnt evn get close 2 him unless u wnt him bak, evn so u shud mk him sweat a bit like tel him u busy so dt he wont thnk u were waitin 4 him 2 come bak. Dts my own opinion.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Feelitx(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2009
What's the point meeting with this guy if you don't want him back? I have never met an ex that we did not get to sleep together. If you are sure you want nothing from this man as regards a relationship, stay away.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by shanda(m): 1:20pm On May 19, 2009
Na the thing wey I dey yan the babe be that. If u make up ur mind to see the guy, it means u r prepared to get bleeped. Simple.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Ejadamen(f): 1:25pm On May 19, 2009
follypimpi:

Once de be is Ever De be.
This is not always true.
follypimpi:

I stand by the rule,i guarantee it.
I also guarantee it is not a rule.
shanda:

The funny thing is that most ladies think they are strong enough to handle such situation. There's no ex of mine that i've not laid with after we broke up. Don't just assume u r strong. If he's someone that u were attracted to and fond of, blv me that part is inevitable. I'll be waiting to hear from u, i just op u'll be open enough.
Feelitx:

What's the point meeting with this guy if you don't want him back? I have never met an ex that we did not get to sleep together. If you are sure you want nothing from this man as regards a relationship, stay away.
You guys have obviously not met someone like me.

@ Poster, as for experiences, i have met up with several of my exes,still keep in touch with some to date actually, and it has not been an issue only because i set boundaries AND controlled the meeting. I met up with an ex of mine last week, we had lunch, he made some flirty remarks which i dismissed pronto and we went our separate ways in peace. The exes i keep in touch with are my very good friends now so if this your ex can translate into one, cool. Also it took some time to translate into that plus a demonstration of plenty discipline to drum into their heads that once de be is not always de be wink grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:32pm On May 19, 2009
From your replies so far I don't think you trust yourself around him. . .

Personally I would advice you to stay away from him, cus there's a 80% chance something you do not want to happen might occur. . . . Never Say Never. .
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by sexybabes(f): 1:37pm On May 19, 2009
Ejadamen:

@ Poster, as for experiences, i have met up with several of my exes,still keep in touch with some to date actually, and it has not been an issue only because i set boundaries AND controlled the meeting. I met up with an ex of mine last week, we had lunch, he made some flirty remarks which i dismissed pronto and we went our separate ways in peace. The exes i keep in touch with are my very good friends now so if this your ex can translate into one, cool. Also it took some time to translate into that plus a demonstration of plenty discipline to drum into their heads that once de be is not always de be wink grin

Why do you keep meeting with exes? If I may ask. I don't understand the whole point of meeting with an ex.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by biina: 1:41pm On May 19, 2009
I don't think you should meet with your ex.
You misjudged him once, there is every likelihood it would happen again. Do not overestimate your abilities, nor underestimate your ex.
You should limit your contacts with him to emails and sms, at least until you are sure both parties have moved on.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice . . . . . . . . . . .

just my 50 kobo
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Ejadamen(f): 1:47pm On May 19, 2009
sexybabes:

Why do you keep meeting with exes? If I may ask. I don't understand the whole point of meeting with an ex.
Like i said some have become my very good friends. I usually meet up with them for genuine reasons e.g. my car spoilt at ijebu ode and i do not know the place well so i pick up my phone and call the only person i can at the time, i am in lagos for a week and have to get to Ikeja(i hate that place!) and guess who lives around there and can direct me to where i'm going or better still take me there.
Bottomline is my meetings are a mix of business and pleasure. To be honest,i meet up when i need something from them and catch up while we meet up grin
If you can't handle the meet ups then don't.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by sexybabes(f): 2:11pm On May 19, 2009
Ejadamen:

Like i said some have become my very good friends. I usually meet up with them for genuine reasons e.g. my car spoilt at ijebu ode and i do not know the place well so i pick up my phone and call the only person i can at the time, i am in lagos for a week and have to get to Ikeja(i hate that place!) and guess who lives around there and can direct me to where i'm going or better still take me there.
Bottomline is my meetings are a mix of business and pleasure. To be honest,i meet up when i need something from them and catch up while we meet up grin
If you can't handle the meet ups then don't.

Ok I see, For me I dnt even have an ex number in my fone(they still have mine) so I just speak with them when they do call and when they wana meet i'm not available. My 1st ex still calls me frm time 2 time, when i do bump into him we do chat & catch up. My latest ex, i blocked hiz no on my fone. The ex that called me 2 meet up with him and I agreed wanted to patch things up & i wanted the same, so we are back together now. The others must stay exes(no meeting up), Lol!!!
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Ejadamen(f): 2:19pm On May 19, 2009
sexybabes:

My latest ex, i blocked hiz no on my fone. The others must stay exes(no meeting up), Lol!!!
How do you block numbers on your phone? I need to learn that skill. As for the no meeting up thing i do that for those exes i do not trust. I can smell their lust form far grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by sexybabes(f): 2:33pm On May 19, 2009
Ejadamen:

How do you block numbers on your phone? I need to learn that skill. As for the no meeting up thing i do that for those exes i do not trust. I can smell their lust form far grin

Lmao!!! I can put the no on reject list with my samsung fone, easy. And gud 4 u 2 stay away frm those no-gud exes.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by follypimpi(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2009
I repeat again once de be is Ever De be.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by shanda(m): 3:26pm On May 19, 2009
@ejadamen
Just thank God that I'm not one of ur ex, then u'll know that resistance that gives u so much confidence is actually a feeling that can be tamed/overcomed.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:28pm On May 19, 2009
I dont think you should go. If he wants to see him, let him find a way. As for you scurrying over to see him, makes you look desperate
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by follypimpi(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2009
@TOH

Let the guy HIT it once more now,it wont hurt.Dont advise her and ruin it for the dude
. tongue grin grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by sexybabes(f): 3:36pm On May 19, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I dont think you should go. If he wants to see him, let him find a way. As for you scurrying over to see him, makes you look desperate

Exactly!!!
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 19, 2009
What does he want to meet you for? What would you guys even talk about? Is it possible to act as "friends" as if nothing happened between you two? undecided
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Ejadamen(f): 5:19pm On May 19, 2009
shanda:

@ejadamen
Just thank God that I'm not one of ur ex, then u'll know that resistance that gives u so much confidence is actually a feeling that can be tamed/overcomed.
cheesy Bring it on! What do you have that other guys don't? Abeg shift! You should thank God that i'm not one of your ex then you'll know that that persistence that gives you so much confidence is actually a feeling that can be quenched. grin

stillwater:

What does he want to meet you for? What would you guys even talk about? Is it possible to act as "friends" as if nothing happened between you two? undecided
Yes o! Very possible but for the mature minds and bodies grin grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 3:52am On May 20, 2009
I guess, it would be smart to ask so that you know what you're going into - however people lie!!

I personally don't know what the hell he wants to meet up for, and no I'm not scurrying over there. In fact I'm not even planning my schedule around it, he hasn't arranged a date, he only text to say he'll be in town soon and hopes he could see me.

The phone call which will explain more is still to come - if he goes through with it anyway.

Here's my opinion, if he calls, he calls, I'll be frank and listen so I can guess what the meeting's about (but never forget that people lie and can pretend to be genuine).

For all those people who think that for one second I could sleep with my ex. I don't have proof but the next best thing, I just KNOW that it will never happen, to go into details and explain how it just wouldn't is personal, so you either believe me or not.

shanda:

Feelitx:

Who's to say that the exs you met didn't hope to get laid either??

ThoniaSlim:

From your replies so far I don't think you trust yourself around him. . .

Personally I would advice you to stay away from him, cus there's a 80% chance something you do not want to happen might occur. . . . Never Say Never. .

I don't think that my replies imply that, I think they imply that I'm being cautious & careful not to put myself into positions that could increase the likelihood of something that wouldn't happen (if I put myself in a different position) - happening.

e.g. what's the worst that could happen during a walk in the park?? (Hope I don't get kidnapped lol!!)

I'm also trying to get across the idea that I'm human, so I haven't seen this guy in a year, even though the relationship ended really messy and disasterously, I think I'm bound to miss him >>>after he leaves<<< (that's when he's gone, when I can't do anything physical with him) - in the moment when he's around I believe that I'll be fine, I'm impecable with self-control. I have never been in a compromising position that I wasn't able to get out of - to date.

Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Feelitx(m): 11:30am On May 20, 2009
Apparently you are hoping of getting laid too. So why did you come up here for advise? I miss him=I wouldn't mind getting laid.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by JJYOU: 11:40am On May 20, 2009
topup:

I guess, it would be smart to ask so that you know what you're going into - however people lie!!

I personally don't know what the hell he wants to meet up for, and no I'm not scurrying over there. In fact I'm not even planning my schedule around it, he hasn't arranged a date, he only text to say he'll be in town soon and hopes he could see me.

The phone call which will explain more is still to come - if he goes through with it anyway.

Here's my opinion, if he calls, he calls, I'll be frank and listen so I can guess what the meeting's about (but never forget that people lie and can pretend to be genuine).

For all those people who think that for one second I could sleep with my ex. I don't have proof but the next best thing, I just KNOW that it will never happen, to go into details and explain how it just wouldn't is personal, so you either believe me or not.

Who's to say that the exs you met didn't hope to get laid either??

I don't think that my replies imply that, I think they imply that I'm being cautious & careful not to put myself into positions that could increase the likelihood of something that wouldn't happen (if I put myself in a different position) - happening.

e.g. what's the worst that could happen during a walk in the park?? (Hope I don't get kidnapped lol!!)

I'm also trying to get across the idea that I'm human, so I haven't seen this guy in a year, even though the relationship ended really messy and disasterously, I think I'm bound to miss him >>>after he leaves<<< (that's when he's gone, when I can't do anything physical with him) - in the moment when he's around I believe that I'll be fine, I'm impecable with self-control. I have never been in a compromising position that I wasn't able to get out of - to date.

topup. answer to your name and the advice you would have given others being DONT GO. i would say DONT BOTHER GOING.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 2:58am On May 21, 2009
Feelitx:

Apparently you are hoping of getting laid too. So why did you come up here for advise? I miss him=I wouldn't mind getting laid.

Are you KIDDING me!!

JJYOU:

topup. answer to your name and the advice you would have given others being DONT GO.  i would say  DONT BOTHER  GOING.

Okay, so if your ex called you, hinting if he could see you once, and you ignored him, then a few months later, he still asks you'd still ignore him??

Am I supposed to avoid him forever??
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:32am On May 21, 2009
depends on the reason for the "seeing"
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Outstrip(f): 5:59am On May 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Okay I need to stop laughing at you. I can almost sense your excitement. LOL. Just don't meet him in his hotel though.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by bigboyslim(m): 7:27am On May 21, 2009
I agree with Outstrip. Topup is excited about this meeting. Her head tells her she shouldn't be, but she just can't help it. I think she still has feelings for the guy but she's wise enough to handle the situation in a mature way. Topup I am convinced that you can handle the situation if you decide to meet up with Mr ex.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by baron2000(m): 9:19am On May 21, 2009
Who wants to take a bet? some1 gets laid after the meet. Im soooo F, ng sure. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by JJYOU: 10:35am On May 21, 2009
topup:

Are you KIDDING me!!

Okay, so if your ex called you, hinting if he could see you once, and you ignored him, then a few months later, he still asks you'd still ignore him??

Am I supposed to avoid him forever??

yes ma'am. i would.  i know this is a hard one for you. most people are in your life for a season.  learn to move on with your life dont hold on to people you should let go easily.   ask the millions of women left holding some jerks babies  they wish they took the first exit.

i am not saying this is easy but trust me it is always better you get on with your life. i am talking as someone who spent years holding on to a big time waster.  thank God i got over.  you will if you do a proper closure. you dont have to meet him but if you must do without feeling bad about it.  your life is your own.

is this the same fellow you were asking how to close a relationship?.

can i add that i still think you are a fab young lady and trust you will be better at the end of this.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by opuro(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2009
oyinbo plenty for this babe mouth o
so you wan pretend say you dont care for the guy anymore?
let me advise you if you no wan make the guyman shag you again, no go
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by AjaraEwuro: 10:52am On May 21, 2009
ask yourself, why does he want to see you, have you asked yourself? he just wants to come and see if you will be an easy fu ck as usual, and like someone said, whats the big deal, havent he fuc ked you before? Swear you are not looking forward to his di ck inside your pu ssy again. swear.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Feelitx(m): 3:08pm On May 21, 2009
Outstrip can sense your excitement,I can touch it. I see you trembling already and your statements gave you up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lies Guys Tells While Wooin / Nwaamaikpe! When Would A Nairalander Love U / Roman Goddess Parades Her Massive B00bs On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.