Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria (8872 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Enugu, Prays For Fallen IPOB Heroes (pictured) / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 / Tribute To The Unsung Heroes Of Our Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Whenever the heroes of Nigeria are being called, names like Obademi Awolowo, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa, Nnamdi Azikiwe will always featur prominently with little or nothing said of great men that did extra-ordinary from the South-South extraction. I must admit that we've had lots of great people(not just political leaders) from Edo, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross river states, but permit me to celebrate these three unique men. This is not to deny the prominence of other greats from our region but I hope you understand.

Now let us roll...

1. Oba Akenzua II of Benin Kingdom

(1899-1978):

The Omo n'Oba n'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Akenzua II was the first son of the late Oba Eweka II of Benin kingdom. He was born in 1899 and assumed the throne of his fathers in 1933 after the demise of his Great father, the King. As the monarch of the Benin kingdom, he was a member of the Western region House of Chiefs.

His Heroic
Oba Akenzua II was not only instrumental to the realisation of an automous MidWest region from the then Western region, he also played active role all through this period of agitation pre and during the Premiership of Obafemi Awolowo and Ladoke Akintola of the Action Group. Make no mistake, Akenzua II was a member of the Awo's cabinet(as a minister without portfolio), his son was a member of AG and even contested election under the AG(but lost), yet it never stopped him from agitating for MidWest Region that will bring government close to his people in Midwest. One unique thing about this great man was that his agitation was for a referendum to be held among people of the midwest. He never advocated for violence nor preached hate towards the Yorubas. Even when Western Premier(Awo) went as far as creating Ministry of Midwest to take care of some of their problems, it never stopped the agitation for an autonomous MidWest region. As God will have it, a referendum was finally held in 1963 and the Midwest region was created on August 11, 1963. It is worthy to note that the Midwest referendum is the ONLY referendum that has ever been held in Nigeria. Oba was so selfless that he wasn't interested in assuming the premiership of the New Midwest unlike most politicians. Thumbs up to the Great Oba Akenzua II.

Notable mention: E.O Imafidon, Chike Ekwuyasi, JO Odigie, Omo-Osagie, Dennis Osadebe, Dalton Asemota, Okotie-Eboh and every midwesterners(Delta and Edo states) that championed and believed in the struggle.

The Western region must also be commended because after the referendum, they held send-off in their parliament and exchanged hugs and pleasantries. They understood that the agitation wasn't borne out of hatred but the need to bring government closer to the people.

Famous Quote In Honor of Oba Akenzua II
“I do not think that it is an exaggeration to say that if, in any sense, one single person could be said to be responsible for a turning point, Oba Akenzua II must be classified as one such person…..when, later this evening, I invite all present to drink with me the toast of the Federal republic and the toast of Midwestern Nigeria, I am sure that, in some special way, we will be drinking the toast of Oba Akenzua II, Uku Akpolokpolo, Omo n’Oba n’Edo.
(Chief SJ Mariere, First Midwest Governor, August 11, 1964)
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
2. Major Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro

(September 10, 1938- May 09, 1968)
On the 10th day of September 1938, an Ijaw boy was born in Kaiama, Bayelsa state, and was named Jasper Adaka Boro.

His Heroics:
In February 1966, Policeman Adaka Boro led over 150 young/brave Ijaw Youths to declare the Niger-Delta Republic because of the marginalisation experienced under the then eastern region and federal government. His republic was to to crushed by the Military Police in the Gen Aguiyi Ironsi military regime in just twelve days(12). Adaka Boro was arrested and was to be executed for treason along with his troop. He was however commissioned into the Army by General Yakubu Gowon along with members of his Niger Delta Volunteer Force that had earlier declared independence. He was given the rank of a major and assigned Commander of 19th Brigade under the GOC Col Benjamin Adekunle 3rd Division during the civil war with a specific task of riding the Biafran rebels from his command(Ijawlands). After ridding Ijawland of Biafran rebels, Boro went on a private visit in Okrika on September 9, 1968, where he was ambushed by fleeing rebels and shot/killed.

The circumstances of his death is very much unclear and opinions were divided on who conspired with the fleeing rebel. But Alabo Roy Tomo-Spiff, a member of Boro's force as at that time exonerated late Gen Adekunle of any wrongdoing. In his own words...

"Now I want you to know that Adekunle was nowhere close to Ogu where Boro died, nor was he a commander of any particular unit or units. Adekunle, the Scorpion, was a Division Commander with a lot of Majors, Lt. Cols. and Cols. under him and he loved brave soldiers, so Maj. Boro couldn’t have been his adversary. The worst he could have done if Boro was insubordinate was to demote him or Court Marshall him. But Maj. Boro was a very brave soldier and was respected by all."

So, the story that Adekunle planned the killing or killed Major Boro is false as it was only a rumor. And we all know that rumors appeal only to lunatics."

Boro was given a State burial in Lagos by Yakubu Gowon. Despite that the Nigeria State cut short his proposed republic, he never bore grudge against Nigeria nor any ethnic group.

His Famous Quote:
"Today is a great day, not only in your lives, but also in the history of the Niger Delta. Perhaps it will be the greatest day for a very long time. This is not because we are going to bring heaven down, but because we are going to demonstrate to the world what and how we feel about oppression. Before today, we were branded robbers, bandits, terrorists or gangsters but after today, we shall be heroes of our land.

"For this reason, and for the good name of the Ijaws, do not commit atrocities such as rape, looting or robbery. Whatever people say, we must maintain our integrity. Moreover, you know it is against Ijaw tradition to mess about with women during war. You have been purified these many days. Be assured that if you do not get yourselves defiled within the period of battle, you shall return home safe even if we fail"

(Isaac Boro NDR Declaration Speech in 1966)
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by 1wolex85: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
3. Kenule Beenson Saro-Wiwa

(Oct 10, 1941- Nov 10, 1995):

Ken Saro-Wiwa was an inllustrious Ogoni son and Niger-Delta legend that was born into the family of Chief Jim Beenson Wiwa in 1941. He was a writer, an administrator and an activist

His Heroics:
He was appointed as the administrator of Bonny, Rivers state during the Nigeria-Biafran war. He was very vocal for voicing the position of his people and the entire Niger Deltans during the war. One of the demand of the Ogoni people is fiscal autonomy. This Wiwa advocated while serving in the Rivers state cabinet, as state commissioner for Education during the Deiete-Spiff administration and which cost him his job in 1973. Wiwa was appointed by General Ibrahim Babangida as part of the transition team into democracy rule, but Wiwa would later resign because he considered IBB to be insincere with the Nigeria people. Ken Saro-Wiwa led a non-violent fight against marginalisation and environmental degradation of Ogoniland(and to an extent the entire Niger-Delta) through the Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People(MOSSOP). This agitation cost him his life in 1995 under the brutal Gen Sani Abacha. His execution was very instrumental in gaining the sympathy of the world towards the Niger-Delta cause.

Wiwa's life as a novelist proved that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

May God bless everyone that showed solidarity to the people of Ogoni and all Niger-Deltans during the period of Saro-Wiwa's persecution.

Wiwa's Famous Quote
We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted my intellectual and material resources, my very life, to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot be blackmailed or intimidated. I have no doubt at all about the ultimate success of my cause, no matter the trials and tribulations which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.

In my innocence of the false charges I face Here, in my utter conviction, I call upon the Ogoni people, the peoples of the Niger delta, and the oppressed ethnic minorities of Nigeria to stand up now and fight fearlessly and peacefully for their rights. History is on their side. God is on their side. For the Holy Quran says in Sura 42, verse 41: "All those that fight when oppressed incur no guilt, but Allah shall punish the oppressor." Come the day.
(Excerpt of His Statement before His Execution)

3 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Cpumping(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
include my name
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Mogidi: 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is going to be a good article, Akenzua was a great oba, he was like the folklore Ogiso (god in the sky or Oba in the sky)
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Xpaz: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
very good. I was expecting you to put Benin first so you can get e-supporters. I was also expecting you to mention Isaac Boro. you this Criminal. Wen d Igbo mention Ojukwu. you spew all sort of Insult toward Ojukwu and d Igbo. Igbo killed Isaac Borough and Sari Wiwa- Tonyebarcanista

22 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Duru1(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Whenever the heroes of Nigeria are being called, names like Obademi Awolowo, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa, Nnamdi Azikiwe will always featur prominently with little or nothing said of great men that did extra-ordinary from the South-South extraction. I must admit that we've had lots of great people(not just political leaders) from Edo, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross river states, but permit me to celebrate these three unique men. This is not to deny the prominence of other greats from our region but I hope you understand.

Now let us roll...

1. Oba Akenzua II of Benin Kingdom

(1899-1978):

The Omo n'Oba n'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Akenzua II was the first son of the late Oba Eweka II of Benin kingdom. He was born in 1899 and assumed the throne of his fathers in 1933 after the demise of his Great father, the King. As the monarch of the Benin kingdom, he was a member of the Western region House of Chiefs.
His Heroic
Oba Akenzua II was not only instrumental to the realisation of an automous MidWest region from the then Western region, he also played active role all through this period of agitation pre and during the Premiership of Obafemi Awolowo and Ladoke Akintola of the Action Group. Make no mistake, Akenzua II was a member of the Awo's cabinet(as a minister without portfolio), his son was a member of AG and even contested election under the AG(but lost), yet it never stopped him from agitating for MidWest Region that will bring government close to his people in Midwest. One unique thing about this great man was that his agitation was for a referendum to be held among people of the midwest. He never advocated for violence nor preached hate towards the Yorubas. Even when Western Premier(Awo) went as far as creating Ministry of Midwest to take care of some of their problems, it never stopped the agitation for an autonomous MidWest region. As God will have it, a referendum was finally held in 1963 and the Midwest region was created on August 11, 1963. It is worthy to note that the Midwest referendum is the ONLY referendum that has ever been held in Nigeria. Oba was so selfless that he wasn't interested in assuming the premiership of the New Midwest unlike most politicians. Thumbs up to the Great Oba Akenzua II.

Notable mention: E.O Imafidon, Chike Ekwuyasi, JO Odigie, Omo-Osagie, Dennis Osadebe, Dalton Asemota, Okotie-Eboh and every midwesterners(Delta and Edo states) that championed and believed in the struggle.

The Western region must also be commended because after the referendum, they held send-off in their parliament and exchanged hugs and pleasantries. They understood that the agitation wasn't borne out of hatred but the need to bring government closer to the people.

Famous Quote In Honor of Oba Akenzua II

(Chief SJ Mariere, First Midwest Governor, August 11, 1964)

You are a terrible learner indeed. If you are knowledgeable enough, you would have no business to mention Oba Akenzua as primary factor while personalities such as Omo-Osagie, Chike Ekwuyasi, Okotie-Eboh and Dennis Osadebe as notable mention. By the way, I did not read about Chief J. Itomi.

12 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by sandraokosun1: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
.@tonyebarcanista, i dont know how you intend to do it either take the first name off, and replace it with PA ANTONY ENAHORO, or reshuffle it to 4. The list is totally void without enahoro.
Enahoro is not just a regional champion or local, he moved the motion for our independence frm an oppressive colonial white masters.
Whether it pleases people or not of why he moved for our independence is their business.

He never would have envisaged us going in circles after freedom frm europeans.
He is not giving his full benefits because he isnt one of the big tribes.
We south southerns need to celebrate our own national figure at any moment.
At the time when the wazobia representatives didnt have the balls to face the european masters to their face. ANTONY ENAHORO DID IT

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Isaac Boro: Classic Example Of Biafran Who Betrayed Biafra. Osundefender

During the Biafran-Nigerian civil war, there were a few Biafran sons and daughters, who were deceived by the Hausa-controlled Nigerian government and used to fight their fellow Biafrans. Some of them were made to believe that Biafra was dominated by Igbos, who would commandeer all the resources. Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa were among the prominent sons who were misguided. They paid dearly for their betrayal of the Biafran Republic with their lives. And for more than fifty years, their kith and kin have suffered the nemesis of the errors of these sons who were misled and betrayed by the Hausas and their Yoruba friends.
Isaac Boro was killed at the peak of the war in controversial circumstances that strongly linked Colonel Benjamin Adenkule to the death, while Ken Saro Wiwa was eventually killed by Sani Abacha, who worked with him during the war, at Bonny. The stories of Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa are great lessons for contemporary and potential betrayals of the renewed movement for the restoration of Biafran Republic.

Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro, from Kaiama (in present day Bayelsa State), was born in September 10, 1938 in Oloibiri.

Isaac Boro, while studying Chemistry at University of Nigeria Nsukka became the Student Union President of the University. Despite this support and political patronage he got from his Igbo brothers at the university, Boro led the first revolution of resource control in Nigeria few months after Aguiyi Ironsi became the Head of State of Nigeria.

He formed the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), the first armed militia of only Ijaw extraction. On February 23, 1966, Boro and his NDVF declared the Niger Delta Republic. This was the first time any part of Nigeria tried to secede. He believed that the Ijaw people deserved a fairer share of proceeds of the oil wealth than they were getting from the Federal Government.

For twelve days Boro and his militias battled the Federal forces before they were finally defeated by the far superior Federal firepower. Isaac Boro and some of his men were convicted of treason and sentenced to death, but Ironsi out of mercy decided to jail him instead of killing him as demanded by the law.

On the eve of the Biafran-Nigerian war in May 1967, Yakubu Gowon granted him amnesty and drafted him into the Nigerian Army. He was afterwards commissioned as a major in the Nigerian Army. With his army of 1000 Ijaw soldiers he fought alongside Col. Benjamin Adekunle, who was heading the 3rd Marine Commando Division of the Nigerian army. With their deep knowledge of the Niger Delta creeks, Boro and his men guided the federal forces and pushed Biafrans back from the region. Boro fought with the Nigerian forces thinking as they had promised him he was liberating the Niger Delta from Biafran forces. He however never realised he was handing his people and the huge resources in the region into the hands of Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas who pillaged the region for years to come and impoverished his people till date.
Isaac Boro was betrayed by the Nigerian forces he trusted. On May 16, 1968, after a successful battle against Biafran forces at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State, Boro was ambushed by what many of his men then believed was a unit sent by Col Adekunle. In a brief and fierce battle, Adenkunle’s men gunned him down. His death went down in history as mysterious and as there was no conclusive evidence on who killed him.

Strong allegations are rife that treacherous, Adekunle, threatened by Boro’s rising prominence in the Nigerian Army, killed Boro in order to usurp the glories of the success Boro helped the 3 Marine Commando Division to achieve. He wanted to silence Boro as well silence the people of Niger Delta. Subsequent to Boro’s death, Adekunle took all the credits of the successes of the division.

A Regimental Sergeant Major under Boro was quoted as saying that Boro did not die in the heat of battle with the Biafran forces. He said the area had already been captured and secured by his company and Major Boro was on an inspection tour when they came under fire. The type of gunfire that erupted during the firefight that killed Boro was completely different from what the Biafrans were known to use in that sector of the war. This confirmed to them that it was one of the federal troops units that carried out the ambush.

As soon as Boro died, his 1000 band of soldiers was disbanded. According to Olusegun Obasanjo in his book My Command, Adekunle’s post-war political ambition pushed him into killing Boro, as he was using the war to building a ‘formidable’ name for himself. Obasanjo stated that “Col. Adekunle, at this point saw the war not only in terms of crushing a rebellion, but also as a means of building himself up for any future political position or responsibility which he might wish to seek, I knew of people of Western State origin who had felt politically victimized and who saw in Col. Adekunle a saviour and told him so, and he believed them.”

What Boro fought and died for had eluded his people for years. Niger Delta has remained impoverished despite the huge revenue it has continued to generate for the country. Oil fields and mining leases have been allocated to northern oligarchs and friends. Isaac Boro remains a lesson for future revolutionaries in knowing where to pitch their tent.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=143380

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Mogidi: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Make no mistake, Akenzua II was a member of the Awo's cabinet(as a minister without portfolio), his son was a member of AG and even contested election under the AG(but lost), yet it never stopped him from agitating for MidWest Region that will bring government close to his people in Midwest. One unique thing about this great man was that his agitation was for a referendum to be held among people of the midwest. He never advocated for violence nor preached hate towards the Yorubas. Even when Western Premier(Awo) went as far as creating Ministry of Midwest to take care of some of their problems, it never stopped the agitation for an autonomous MidWest region.

@Tonyebarcanista
I remember I use to laud my kinsman Anthony Enahoro until you told me he was against the creation of midwest, Oba Akenzua's role is also a big shock to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by cocoduck: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
This guy bu onye Edo state now I believe it

2 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Coolabbie: 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
¤Drags apoti inside¤
Can see some vermins peeping already.

#LeSigh

3 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by mulattoclaro(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
May God bless you tonyebarcanista for deciding to create our threads in honour of our heroes. May God continue to allow you grow from to strength. Mods do the needful. This is front page material. Mods also ban anyone who decides to derail this thread into another round of tribal war.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Coolabbie: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
^Amen
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
"We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization"

Ken Wiwa after realizing that begging on his knees for resource control from the real owners of 'awa oyel' can only lead to more penury to his people and ultimate death for his past treachery.

9 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Although I don't share your political views..I like your stand on the SS and how you believe you people can create niche for yourself..no one can en trap you....if nigeria breaks ..SS should create a nation itself and not be forced into a unholy union with biafra...why should a region force itself on people..SS can. Stand onits own oil or no oil...peace loving people!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by brize(m): 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nwoke ee, odim ka ike iji ako ajaja agwubeghi gi okwia?
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by LadyExcellency: 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Unique Hero Of South-south, Nigeria is Nzeogwu

1 Like

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Deltagiant: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Duru1:

You are a terrible learner indeed. If you are knowledgeable enough, you would have no business to mention Oba Akenzua as primary factor while personalities such as Omo-Osagie, Chike Ekwuyasi, Okotie-Eboh and Dennis Osadebe as notable mention. By the way, I did not read about Chief J. Itomi.

Thank you very much. Even at that, the biggest financial contributor to the Midwest project, Dr, M.I Okpara, the premier of the Eastern region, was not there. Midwestern region cost Enugu 8 Million pounds.

8 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by saintopus(m): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
For me,the highest amongst them remained GEJ. He wasn't a warrior, never killed but for his advocacy for peace alone rate him much higher than any of the above mentioned leaders.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by baralatie(m): 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
actually the list of notable people from the south south is more than this. Major Isaac idoro well,is one big loss to the ijaws! likewise the death of ken saro wiwa and the seven to the ogoni people!

1 Like

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
You skipped Jaja of Opobo the greatest and most popular of them all.

8 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
Duru1:

Blablablablabla. Do a write up on your own heroes and let's see. Stop criticising the leaders of other tribes. At least, you guys have Ojukwu who fled in the middle of a war dressed like a lady, Unwazurike who declared Biafra on top Okada and Nnamdi Kanu the IPOB thug currently cooling off in DSS dingy cell.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
baralatie:
actually the list of notable people from the south south is more than this.
Major Isaac idoro well,is one big loss to the ijaws!
likewise the death of ken saro wiwa and the seven to the ogoni people!
Sure! There is also Justice Udo Udoma, the Great Ibibioman that passionately fought for the creation of Crossriver-Ogoja state.

5 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Duru1(m): 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mogidi:

@Tonyebarcanista
I remember I use to laud my kinsman Anthony Enahoro until you told me he was against the creation of midwest, Oba Akenzua's role is also a big shock to me.

Oba Akenzua was also against the creation of Midwestern region. He was cowered when Awolowo warned him to stay away from politics. Oba Akenzua pitched tent with Chief G. Obaseki and the like of S O Ighodaro. Oba Akenzua's son who ran under AG was trounced during the regional election. I guess you have forgotten the insult meted to Oba Akenzua in the western Nigerian regional house assembly by Oba Adesoji Aderemi. Most dumbass fools from the southern Nigeria are so afraid of Ndigbo that they are willing to live a misery and servitude life in the zoo called Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by hardywaltz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
U forgot to mention Alams aka Alamesigha
The Governor General of the Ijaw clan.
The fist female Governor of Bayelsa State

10 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Looool the usual suspects are here to mess up this guy's threadgrin grin

5 Likes

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Vicotex2: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
No jaja of opobo, No Osadebe, No Amechi, No Anini, No Ifeanjua, no Kanu, no Don jazzy?

Damn, OP must be high on wet Uromi weed
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by sandraokosun1: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Op o! Wey jaja of opobo wey antony enahoro? They must join, ths is selective
Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by baralatie(m): 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
@saint opus,
the case of GEJ is a whole lot different.Gej was about pushing a south south with a face and with opportunities.Through him the people in that region could press towards the center and it worked out!
GEJ was a phenomenon and a nationalist at the same time!
He was just special!

1 Like

Re: Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria by Mogidi: 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Duru1:

Oba Akenzua was also against the creation of Midwestern region. He was cowered when Awolowo warned him to stay away from political. Oba Akenzua pitched tent with Chief G. Obaseki and the like of S O Ighodaro. Oba Akenzua's son who ran under AG was trounced during the regional election. I guess you have forgotten the insult meted to Oba Akenzua in the western Nigerian regional house assembly by Oba Adesoji Aderemi. Most dumbass fools from the southern Nigeria are so afraid of Ndigbo that they are willing to live a misery and servitude life in the zoo called Nigeria.

Not worth my time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo Labor Leaders Received ‘threat’ Messages For Suspending 30-day Strike / Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August / Parents Of Afaka Students To El-Rufai: Negotiate With Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.